The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 125, 126, 127 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject:

KobefanMVP wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
28 mpg I hope. But with boozer seemingly ahead in the depth chart it's probably more in the 22-25 mpg.

yeah I think your right about the 22-25 minutes. Can't see him getting more than that in how deep we are at the 4 position.

If scott gets creative and tries him out at the 3. I could see 28 mpg. I'd like to see kelly at the 4 and randle at the 3 if he does try it out.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject:

PROPHET wrote:
Rawr wrote:
On the latest Backstage Lakers, there is crystal clear footage of Randle being measured.

He was exactly 6'8".

They did that measurement barefoot and he was slightly taller than 6'8", NBA players are measured with sneakers so he's a legit 6'9" something.

Yeah, not sure why anyone would think he will play without shoes this season.
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
I'm really happy to see Randle's weight loss this summer. Now he needs to develop a solid jumpshot. Nothing will increase his potential more than that.

I watched Randle in summer league. I didn't see him take a jumper...at all. Sure you could argue Blake Griffin was the same way coming into the league (after injury), and Blake dominated. But why do it that way? If Randle develops a confident midrange (in my dreams 3PT range) jumper, he could be a 20+ point player. If defenders play tight enough on Randle, he could get anywhere on the court with his agility and ball handling.

Of course Randle's defense needs to improve as well. But a lot of his deficiencies on that end of the court can be corrected if he increases his "basketball IQ" via game time experience.

he also went left what was seemingly 85% of the time too. his offense is too predictable at the moment. sag off and force him right.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:
kikanga wrote:
I'm really happy to see Randle's weight loss this summer. Now he needs to develop a solid jumpshot. Nothing will increase his potential more than that.

I watched Randle in summer league. I didn't see him take a jumper...at all. Sure you could argue Blake Griffin was the same way coming into the league (after injury), and Blake dominated. But why do it that way? If Randle develops a confident midrange (in my dreams 3PT range) jumper, he could be a 20+ point player. If defenders play tight enough on Randle, he could get anywhere on the court with his agility and ball handling.

Of course Randle's defense needs to improve as well. But a lot of his deficiencies on that end of the court can be corrected if he increases his "basketball IQ" via game time experience.

he also went left what was seemingly 85% of the time too. his offense is too predictable at the moment. sag off and force him right.

It's not like Randle is some one dimensional trick pony. You really think Randle is that limited? He's shown that he can score going to his right too. How else do you think Randle was able to be kentucky's top scorer in college. It's ok being predictable if they can't stop it. And not only that but Randle has shown he can score with his right hand he just much more prefers to use his left. I anticipate he will use his right hand more as he grows as a player.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:
kikanga wrote:

i think youre reaching by making it seem like you can just predict/force him left.

lets look at some of his plays from his Summer League Highlights

- the first play he euro steps right

- 2:18 hesitation going right, great right hand finish,great touch

- 2:48 he weaves his way to the paint going right, showing great control of his handle transitioning from dribble moves into a half spin into post position (with his right hand)

- 3:26 crossover goes right

- 3:40 right hand inside out in close quarters, going right. bucket put the game away. so, he's comfortable trying to beat you going right even in the clutch when a basket is necessary, and most players go to pet moves.

also, the play at 3:05 showcases his skill with his right hand. he does a nasty crossover going right to left. thats a right handed move.

Left handed players always get a bad rap for being "too left handed". Randle's off hand moves are pretty much top notch. And i think he uses them as much as any right handed player uses off hand moves.
In my eye, his summer league performance was a tutorial on how to beat your man off the dribble, at any position. The effectiveness of his dribble moves was at a super high rate, with both hands.
I think he's very willing to beat you with either hand ; and with how skilled his off hand handle is - why wouldn't he be?
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
misterrunon wrote:
kikanga wrote:

i think youre reaching by making it seem like you can just predict/force him left.

- 2:48 he weaves his way to the paint going right, showing great control of his handle transitioning from dribble moves into a half spin into post position (with his right hand)

- 3:40 right hand inside out in close quarters, going right. bucket put the game away. so, he's comfortable trying to beat you going right even in the clutch when a basket is necessary, and most players go to pet moves.

also, the play at 3:05 showcases his skill with his right hand. he does a nasty crossover going right to left. thats a right handed move.

Left handed players always get a bad rap for being "too left handed". Randle's off hand moves are pretty much top notch. And i think he uses them as much as any right handed player uses off hand moves.
In my eye, his summer league performance was a tutorial on how to beat your man off the dribble, at any position, using both hands. The effectiveness of his dribble moves was at a super high rate, with both hands.

Well researched, usually it's so easy for people to dump on Randle's skills with very little insight. But an indepth analyzation of Randle shows he can go both right and left and use both hands to finish very well. People as you said get too hung up on Randle being left handed.
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
misterrunon wrote:
kikanga wrote:

In my eye, his summer league performance was a tutorial on how to beat your man off the dribble, at any position. The effectiveness of his dribble moves was at a super high rate, with both hands.
I think he's very willing to beat you with either hand ; and with how skilled his off hand handle is - why wouldn't he be?

i'm not saying he's a scrub. he's definitely much more effective going left though, and the thing is that almost every time he goes right, he shoots it with his left which leaves him exposed to his defender. he made one shot with the right hand, and it looked awkward.

take a look at his shot at 3:41.. he should be able to shoot with his right there, as he is exposing himself to 2 defenders by shooting left.

and in all of those SL videos, his defender didn't sag on him.. but i'm pretty sure at the NBA level, if he shows an unwillingness to shoot, they will start to sag on him and he'll be forced to take those shots.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
misterrunon wrote:
kikanga wrote:

i'm not saying he's a scrub. he's definitely much more effective going left though, and the thing is that almost every time he goes right, he shoots it with his left which leaves him exposed to his defender. he made one shot with the right hand, and it looked awkward.

take a look at his shot at 3:41.. he should be able to shoot with his right there, as he is exposing himself to 2 defenders by shooting left.

and in all of those SL videos, his defender didn't sag on him.. but i'm pretty sure at the NBA level, if he shows an unwillingness to shoot, they will start to sag on him and he'll be forced to take those shots.

lol looks awkward? Does it really matter if it looks awkward if it goes in? That is something pretty stupid to complain about. And regarding sagging off Randle. At 2:18, Randle's man is sagging off him so much that he is almost in the paint but Randle still scores because his first step is so fast AND he can score with his right regardless of how awkward it looks to you or anyone else.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
misterrunon wrote:
kikanga wrote:

That shot/layup at 2:18 , to me, that was an impressive high difficulty layup. Him getting bodied like that didn't allow him to square up; he also accentuated the contact, and he has so much touch with his right hand that he still made it. To me that was a SF finish, in a good way ; being able to take the contact off one foot and finish with your off hand. he's fluid like a SF, and can finish like one
with his right hand.

i think he's just as effective going right as most right-handers are at going left.. I will agree that he rather finish with his left than his right, tho. And you know, sometimes that helps you shield the ball from the defender , i.e. Tony Parker (one of the best finishers in the NBA, and he ONLY uses his right hand. ya bout 98% of the time).
I'd love to see a FEW examples of when Randle should have used his right hand to finish. I see what Randle does instead of going up with his right, is to get pump fake/swing through, and get his defender out of position - allowing for a clear shot at the rim. That's what i see him do most of the time. And i love it.

The play at 3:41. youre right, he should have used his right hand. But, i don't think he saw/anticipated the help defender. And without the help defender, it would have been fine for him to use his left hand

Last edited by KeepItRealOrElse on Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
misterrunon wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
misterrunon wrote:
kikanga wrote:

lol looks awkward? Does it really matter if it looks awkward if it goes in? That is something pretty stupid to complain about. And regarding sagging off Randle. At 2:18, Randle's man is sagging off him so much that he is almost in the paint but Randle still scores because his first step is so fast AND he can score with his right regardless of how awkward it looks to you or anyone else.

yup, that's a true and great point regarding defenders sagging off of him. He's still going to beat 50% of PFs off the dribble because he's so damn quick/explosive , he's proved that again and again. And the PFs who don't get beat off the dribble when theyre sagging off, most of those PFs, he has a strength advantage against, and he'll post 'em up.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject:

THIS TOUCH, AND FLUIDITY (with his right hand at that) is some athletic Small Forward type stuff which we should really take note of.

how about this finish, double clutch off one leg, switches it to his right. i don't know more than one or two PFs who can do that finish off one leg, and have that touch with his right hand. And how about the right hand hesitation dribble into a spin move (beating Cleanthony Early, a SF. he got dusted.)

these plays prove to me that, the "awkward" finish you referred to , was actually an amazing finish, showcasing great touch, with a defender fouling him.

Last edited by KeepItRealOrElse on Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:11 am    Post subject:

You can also take from the fact that Randle despite being triple teamed a lot of the time still shot 50% from the field and broke Kevin love's rebound record. That's pretty good.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:33 am    Post subject:

Randle has a lot of shake to his game and very good at absorbing contact. Can't wait to start preseason.
B_P
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:45 am    Post subject:

"Too left-handed."
"Can't hit his J's."
"Defenders are backing off him"
"he should have gone to his right hand"...

The kid is 19 years old.
He's going to improve in all areas.

The player he is at 19 is not the player he's going to be at 20, 21, 22...

But look at what he can do now at 19. Daaaaaamn.

It's good to take note of his weaknesses now - because it's going to be that much more enjoyable watching him improve in all these areas as his game develops over the years.

/Beast
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject:

RANDLES HANDLES: Point Power Forward!

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/235023/Julius-Randle-Gives-Lakers-An-Ability-To-Handle-Ball-At-Forward] Point PF
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject:

I-I-I don't know how to handle all this optimism. Quick, somebody say something negative about the front office!

!...
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject:

Mitch blew it by not drafting Embiid. I know he was already drafted and the rules say you can't, but come one Mitch!
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Mitch blew it by not drafting Embiid. I know he was already drafted and the rules say you can't, but come one Mitch!

Actually Mitch wanted to draft Embiid and even had a deal in place to circumvent the rules of the draft, but Jim wouldn't let him because of his huge ego. I really hope we stink the next two to three years so Jim can step down like he said he would
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Actually Mitch wanted to draft Embiid and even had a deal in place to circumvent the rules of the draft, but Jim wouldn't let him because of his huge ego. I really hope we stink the next two to three years so Jim can step down like he said he would

Wat
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject:

!...
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

How the hell did Mitch blow it by drafting Randle instead of Embiid? Did Randle just have a bad game and I'm not aware or something? Why are we talking about the draft again when it's a few days away from training camp and everyone is or should be excited about seeing Randle on the court? Randle's potential is through the roof, be happy with him instead of pining over Embiid.
Sago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

How the hell did Mitch blow it by drafting Randle instead of Embiid? Did Randle just have a bad game and I'm not aware or something? Why are we talking about the draft again when it's a few days away from training camp and everyone is or should be excited about seeing Randle on the court? Randle's potential is through the roof, be happy with him instead of pining over Embiid.

sarcasm?
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject:

Sago wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

sarcasm?

I have no idea what's going on? Maybe I missed a joke or something.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject:

You did, Dawg posted that someone needed to start ripping the FO, so we did jokingly.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject:

There is a high probability that randle will be the best player out of this draft. This guy also looks like one of my favorite players from the 80s..nicknamed the Human Highlight Film.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 125, 126, 127 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 126 of 1536
Jump to: