OFFICIAL JULIUS RANDLE THREAD!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1288, 1289, 1290 ... 1296, 1297, 1298  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 2091
Location: Seoul, Korea

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Fair enough. I’ve been around long enough to know that different people approach things in different ways. Magic was extremely different than Kareem. Guys have their own habits, I wouldn’t read too much into that.


Julius doesn't even get hyped for his own dunks.

Popovich said about Julius what we should all take into account. He said Julius was the rare kind of player that was over themselves and very coachable.

I've never seen Julius really hyped up about anything spectacular. He got hyped when Metta had a great final game for the Lakers and he was animated when he was telling Chandler but he pretty much has always seemed like a guy who doesn't get too high or low and always has a pissed disposition.

Him standing with his teammates and clapping during Nance's dunk is him reacting how he always reacts. Now if Randle was Robert Sacre'ing for everyone else but just was muted when Nance did something then I'd be worried. But I think it was just Jules being Jules.


This.

He's never really animated
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 13521

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Yeah I mean he posterized Embiid and completely no-sold it. Randle seems just the no nonsense kind if personality. It reflects in his off the court activities too and mentality. Just not the animated type.

Maybe if we won a championship but he's more quiet confidence no nonsense type. That's actually probably why Popovich liked him so much.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jun 2003
Posts: 4700
Location: Central Coast

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:37 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Yeah I mean he posterized Embiid and completely no-sold it. Randle seems just the no nonsense kind if personality. It reflects in his off the court activities too and mentality. Just not the animated type.

Maybe if we won a championship but he's more quiet confidence no nonsense type. That's actually probably why Popovich liked him so much.


I could see Popovich maximizing Randle's abilities as a Spur.

For me, the biggest improvement in Randle's game this year has been his defense. I really wish the team would play him at center more, because that is likely his best role going forward.
_________________
If you don't like the Lakers in re-build mode, I suggest you take your whiny skinny butt to the Clippers bandwagon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LandsbergerRules
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Posts: 6730
Location: The Other Perspective

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:41 am    Post subject:

jjangx27 wrote:
MJST wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Fair enough. I’ve been around long enough to know that different people approach things in different ways. Magic was extremely different than Kareem. Guys have their own habits, I wouldn’t read too much into that.


Julius doesn't even get hyped for his own dunks.

Popovich said about Julius what we should all take into account. He said Julius was the rare kind of player that was over themselves and very coachable.

I've never seen Julius really hyped up about anything spectacular. He got hyped when Metta had a great final game for the Lakers and he was animated when he was telling Chandler but he pretty much has always seemed like a guy who doesn't get too high or low and always has a pissed disposition.

Him standing with his teammates and clapping during Nance's dunk is him reacting how he always reacts. Now if Randle was Robert Sacre'ing for everyone else but just was muted when Nance did something then I'd be worried. But I think it was just Jules being Jules.


This.

He's never really animated


He seemed to be more animated in previous years. I remember him yelling, "You can't guard me!" to Draymond early in his career.
_________________
"Chick lived and breathed Lakers basketball…but he was also fair and objective and called every game the way it was played."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 3676
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:14 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
jjangx27 wrote:
MJST wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Fair enough. I’ve been around long enough to know that different people approach things in different ways. Magic was extremely different than Kareem. Guys have their own habits, I wouldn’t read too much into that.


Julius doesn't even get hyped for his own dunks.

Popovich said about Julius what we should all take into account. He said Julius was the rare kind of player that was over themselves and very coachable.

I've never seen Julius really hyped up about anything spectacular. He got hyped when Metta had a great final game for the Lakers and he was animated when he was telling Chandler but he pretty much has always seemed like a guy who doesn't get too high or low and always has a pissed disposition.

Him standing with his teammates and clapping during Nance's dunk is him reacting how he always reacts. Now if Randle was Robert Sacre'ing for everyone else but just was muted when Nance did something then I'd be worried. But I think it was just Jules being Jules.


This.

He's never really animated


He seemed to be more animated in previous years. I remember him yelling, "You can't guard me!" to Draymond early in his career.


"He can't guard me." Preseason 2015, San Diego Sports Arena.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 17181

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject:

I see you, Jules
_________________
Julius for Lavine
JC and Zubac for Noel, Harris, McRoberts
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 84952

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject:

He’s auditioning for...both teams.
_________________
2018:
Ball
PG13
BI
Kuz
Boogie

Keep Jules
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 52620

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject:

JR = The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 13521

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject:

He actually smiled after his putback off Lonzo's miss and semi celebrated.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jun 2009
Posts: 3692

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Come on Cuban, Randle is better than any big you have.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PRLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Oct 2016
Posts: 5946

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Audition complete. Rumors are that it was a success.
_________________
ExKUZme, we are all BALLievers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Beir32
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 16 Feb 2016
Posts: 47

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject:

His consistency is maddening
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
bandiger
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Apr 2014
Posts: 9585

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Please Cuban go for it, mold him into a star
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 123021
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
Come on Cuban, Randle is better than any big you have.


Cuban very well could give an offer sheet
_________________
#VenturaStrong
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 52620

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
Audition complete. Rumors are that it was a success.


Sauces?
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Mar 2014
Posts: 16337

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:50 pm    Post subject:

mans took us on a beautiful adventure
_________________
I play video games while rapping, its...an experience..lol
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSJaL5nBD_NXUivus7AmqFg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2011
Posts: 3801

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
His consistency is maddening


He's been way more consistent this year than some of you are giving him credit for being.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 13521

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Only a select few Lakers fans instead of embracing the just turned year old that just put up 23/15/2 hit clutch shots and defense in the Overtime that helped lead the Lakers to a victory would then be screaming for him to be traded.

Some of ya'll need to get over this "two max" plan and actually realize when you have talent the level of Jules on the team instead of trading them cause you're SCARED to pay them.

THAT was the point of drafting them, that they would play at this kind of level so that they'd be worthy of paying.

Jules has done everything thus far to accomplish that.

Instead of trying to ship him out, how about embracing him and actually being grateful that we drafted him instead of Noah Vonleh.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PRLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Oct 2016
Posts: 5946

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Only a select few Lakers fans instead of embracing the just turned year old that just put up 23/15/2 hit clutch shots and defense in the Overtime that helped lead the Lakers to a victory would then be screaming for him to be traded.

Some of ya'll need to get over this "two max" plan and actually realize when you have talent the level of Jules on the team instead of trading them cause you're SCARED to pay them.

THAT was the point of drafting them, that they would play at this kind of level so that they'd be worthy of paying.

Jules has done everything thus far to accomplish that.

Instead of trying to ship him out, how about embracing him and actually being grateful that we drafted him instead of Noah Vonleh.


You're asking people to move on from the plan our FO has for us. You know how dumb that sounds?

And I'm one of the biggest fans of Randle here. I don't want him traded.
_________________
ExKUZme, we are all BALLievers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Beir32
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 16 Feb 2016
Posts: 47

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Delete

Last edited by Beir32 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2011
Posts: 3801

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
MJST wrote:
Only a select few Lakers fans instead of embracing the just turned year old that just put up 23/15/2 hit clutch shots and defense in the Overtime that helped lead the Lakers to a victory would then be screaming for him to be traded.

Some of ya'll need to get over this "two max" plan and actually realize when you have talent the level of Jules on the team instead of trading them cause you're SCARED to pay them.

THAT was the point of drafting them, that they would play at this kind of level so that they'd be worthy of paying.

Jules has done everything thus far to accomplish that.

Instead of trying to ship him out, how about embracing him and actually being grateful that we drafted him instead of Noah Vonleh.


You're asking people to move on from the plan our FO has for us. You know how dumb that sounds?

And I'm one of the biggest fans of Randle here. I don't want him traded.


Hasn't the front office even backed off of the two max plan? I could have sworn Magic said something about possibly going after only one Max player this off season and seeing how things play out from there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Mar 2014
Posts: 16337

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject:

so nice gotta say it twice
_________________
I play video games while rapping, its...an experience..lol
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSJaL5nBD_NXUivus7AmqFg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PRLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Oct 2016
Posts: 5946

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
MJST wrote:
Only a select few Lakers fans instead of embracing the just turned year old that just put up 23/15/2 hit clutch shots and defense in the Overtime that helped lead the Lakers to a victory would then be screaming for him to be traded.

Some of ya'll need to get over this "two max" plan and actually realize when you have talent the level of Jules on the team instead of trading them cause you're SCARED to pay them.

THAT was the point of drafting them, that they would play at this kind of level so that they'd be worthy of paying.

Jules has done everything thus far to accomplish that.

Instead of trying to ship him out, how about embracing him and actually being grateful that we drafted him instead of Noah Vonleh.


You're asking people to move on from the plan our FO has for us. You know how dumb that sounds?

And I'm one of the biggest fans of Randle here. I don't want him traded.


Hasn't the front office even backed off of the two max plan? I could have sworn Magic said something about possibly going after only one Max player this off season and seeing how things play out from there.


He's trying to lower expectations but JC, Randle, and even Nance are all in trade rumors. You trade JC, you have space for two max contracts. Coincidence?
_________________
ExKUZme, we are all BALLievers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Beir32
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 16 Feb 2016
Posts: 47

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
so nice gotta say it twice


Haha. I'm a caveman on this iPad.

Also I'm not hating on Randle it's just frustrating. If someone would ask me to discribe his career thus far I'd show them the stat line from the last three games.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
trablos
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 10 May 2017
Posts: 703

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject:

I think we all love us some Julius, but these are the kind of tough decisions a team has to make with so many young players. It's difficult for me to see him as our PF of the future given his lack of shooting, shot creation, and low bball IQ. Kuzma only made the decision that much easier. I'd love him coming off the bench but I doubt he would accept that role long term, hence why I feel we should sell high.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1288, 1289, 1290 ... 1296, 1297, 1298  Next
Page 1289 of 1298
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB