OFFICIAL JULIUS RANDLE THREAD!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1328, 1329, 1330 ... 1336, 1337, 1338  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 27687

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
To note: Dallas maxed out Barnes and when he was coming off a career year of 11.7 points, 4.9 rebounds, 1.8 assists, 0.6 steals, and 0.2 blocks in 30.9 minutes at age 23. Randle has been a 17/9/3 player since moving into the starting lineup and his season averages are 14.2/7.4/2.2/0.6/0.5 dwarf Barnes that season despite playing only 23.9 minutes per game. So don't put it over Dallas to max him out.


Wasn’t Barnes maxed out during that year of massive contracts because of the cap jump, or am I remembering it wrong? Cuban might not be very happy to be paying Barnes that much money.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number Reply with quote
Lakesh0wtime
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 28 Mar 2016
Posts: 694

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully it can work out where we keep he and Kuzma for the long haul.

Kind of a pau and Lamar thing where one comes off bench but they both finish games together
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2001
Posts: 19037

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Ujah's Goat wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
I prefer to sign Randle over lebron


not this again lol
With the Cousins injury, let's say PG signs, other than Lebron, there is no other FA out there this summer better than Randle. So if Lebron goes elsewhere, you match any offers on Randle, even if it's the max.
_________________
Ringo "You retired too?"
Doc "Not me, I'm in my prime."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Jul 2012
Posts: 29073
Location: Holland

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:21 pm    Post subject:

^ agreed
_________________
also sprach magic johnson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 3348

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:25 pm    Post subject:

If he keeps playing like this, we can't even afford to keep him.
Name me another guy who can bully his way to the basket, strong as a bull. Can pass, great handle, great defender on PNR, that is not on a max contract.

If randle can shoot better, he will be an all star next season
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Sep 2004
Posts: 4448

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:27 pm    Post subject:

How awesome would it be if after Randle got a and1 he yelled out " i love basketball "
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Jul 2012
Posts: 29073
Location: Holland

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:51 pm    Post subject:

Randle is now the only leftover of the Kobe era. I hope he's a laker for life so that kobe's lessons will remain with the team for the next 10 years
_________________
also sprach magic johnson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Godbe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 31 May 2016
Posts: 126

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:53 pm    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
I prefer to sign Randle over lebron


I agree if we can only pick one. I'd rather have 10 years of prime Randle than 1-3 years of declining Lebron. But hopefully we can get both.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 18250

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:53 pm    Post subject:

shortodom wrote:
How awesome would it be if after Randle got a and1 he yelled out " i love basketball "


I don't like it.
That's something metta does.
We don't need metta.
We need Ron Ron
_________________
PG, ZL (LD, IZ, 1st, 2nd), NN (S&T JR), TE/TA
LB, ZL, PG, BI, NN
AC, JH, TE/TA, KK, TB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
55
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 11239

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:01 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
shortodom wrote:
How awesome would it be if after Randle got a and1 he yelled out " i love basketball "


I don't like it.
That's something metta does.
We don't need metta.
We need Ron Ron


So how cool would it be if he attacked some fan in the stands?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 14091

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:16 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Those sessions of battling it out with Metta is finally paying off.


When they said Metta was bouncing off him, you knew his strength was next level.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 27337

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:19 am    Post subject:

Dude is an absolute beast
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
awntawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 29 Apr 2016
Posts: 511

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:41 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
To note: Dallas maxed out Barnes and when he was coming off a career year of 11.7 points, 4.9 rebounds, 1.8 assists, 0.6 steals, and 0.2 blocks in 30.9 minutes at age 23. Randle has been a 17/9/3 player since moving into the starting lineup and his season averages are 14.2/7.4/2.2/0.6/0.5 dwarf Barnes that season despite playing only 23.9 minutes per game. So don't put it over Dallas to max him out.


Wasn’t Barnes maxed out during that year of massive contracts because of the cap jump, or am I remembering it wrong? Cuban might not be very happy to be paying Barnes that much money.

That was the Summer of Mozgov and Deng money
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jul 2008
Posts: 1043

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:50 am    Post subject:

I still get angry when he commits an offensive foul. I mean like.. irrationally angry. But he definitely makes up for those lapses with his elevated play this year.

So happy the Celtics passed on him to draft Marcus Smart. Still remember what he said to all the teams that passed on him, "I'm gonna make them regret it"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PartyMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 29 Jan 2016
Posts: 207
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:57 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Randle is now the only leftover of the Kobe era. I hope he's a laker for life so that kobe's lessons will remain with the team for the next 10 years


Damn that’s right. Only 2 seasons ago.
_________________
We pour this booze and we drink this booze because we think it's yummy. YUMMY! So over the tounge and down the throat to party in our tummys.
DOWN THE HOLA BITC*OLA!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 11322
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:58 am    Post subject:

I hope that the Lakers and Julius can come to an reasonable agreement over the summer.
_________________
SPEAK IT INTO EXISTENCE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2001
Posts: 19037

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:21 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
I hope that the Lakers and Julius can come to an reasonable agreement over the summer.
Randle is not giving us no home town discount, not after getting demoted to the bench to start the season, and getting sporadic playing time early on when the guy is playing for a contract. Not to mention all the rumor of him being offered to every team for cap space. We're lucky he's a restricted free agent, but he's going to squeeze every penny out of the Lakers and I don't blame him.
_________________
Ringo "You retired too?"
Doc "Not me, I'm in my prime."


Last edited by DocK36 on Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ElginBaylor
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2005
Posts: 8976
Location: Hoosier Nation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:23 am    Post subject:

For the money he'll get next season, we're not going to get a better player, especially since he'll continue to improve for several years still. KEEP!!!!
_________________
Not the real Elgin Baylor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 7533

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:24 am    Post subject:

Recurring theme:

TOO STRONG FOR THE DEFENDERS!

‘Brook and The Beast’ - Lakers front court
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 7533

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:31 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
If he keeps playing like this, we can't even afford to keep him.
Name me another guy who can bully his way to the basket, strong as a bull. Can pass, great handle, great defender on PNR, that is not on a max contract.

If randle can shoot better, he will be an all star next season

You gotta go all the way to #1 pick... Ben Simmons. One play like a big, one play like a wing, both bully ball. Simmons runs the offense well but Randle is the beast (D-up 1-5), both can’t shoot too well (although Randle’s better)... is Randle better than Simmons? I think so
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 17 Mar 2017
Posts: 454

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:50 am    Post subject:

Would keep at $12m or under, anything over that I'd be leaning towards passing.

Julius is playing the best ball he ever has for us, but at the end of the day he's an undersized 5 who can't protect the rim. To play him at the 4 you'd need to have an unicorn at the 5.
_________________
BBB back to back to back
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2014
Posts: 1684

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject:

If LBJ doesn't come then Randle is a priority. Hell he's probably a priority now. The guy just can't be guarded at times. He's only 23..unbelievable.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 7533

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
Would keep at $12m or under, anything over that I'd be leaning towards passing.

Julius is playing the best ball he ever has for us, but at the end of the day he's an undersized 5 who can't protect the rim. To play him at the 4 you'd need to have an unicorn at the 5.

Or simply a Lopez or a Frye, shooting bigs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 4298
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
If he keeps playing like this, we can't even afford to keep him.
Name me another guy who can bully his way to the basket, strong as a bull. Can pass, great handle, great defender on PNR, that is not on a max contract.

If randle can shoot better, he will be an all star next season

You gotta go all the way to #1 pick... Ben Simmons. One play like a big, one play like a wing, both bully ball. Simmons runs the offense well but Randle is the beast (D-up 1-5), both can’t shoot too well (although Randle’s better)... is Randle better than Simmons? I think so


Haha. 30 teams would disagree. Including the Lakers. I like Randle a ton, but I would personally drive him to the airport for Ben Simmons. Simmons can contest the rim pretty well when he wants to. I'm not saying he's more athletic than Randle, but he has more spring in his step. Simmons has elite court vision. Has the tools to be a good defender. Can score at will, but can't shoot. He's okay though because he's surrounded by shooters. Comparing Ben Simmons to Randle isn't really fair. A better argument would be Lonzo Ball. That's where I would sound ridiculous just like you guys on Randle Island.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Jul 2004
Posts: 1323

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:23 am    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
Would keep at $12m or under, anything over that I'd be leaning towards passing.

Julius is playing the best ball he ever has for us, but at the end of the day he's an undersized 5 who can't protect the rim. To play him at the 4 you'd need to have an unicorn at the 5.


Did you know Jeremy Lin will make $12.5 million next season? It's absurd to think Randle isn't worth more than that.
_________________
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1328, 1329, 1330 ... 1336, 1337, 1338  Next
Page 1329 of 1338
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB