GOODBYE JULIUS RANDLE (Lakers Renounce Randle at his request, Who Then Signs W/ NOR for 2 years (1+1), $18m)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1329, 1330, 1331 ... 1502, 1503, 1504  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Roon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Sep 2012
Posts: 1688

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Man, Randle has just been beasting even through difficult times. Consistent effort, that light switch seems like it has been permanently turned on. We need to keep him.

Is there any room on the Randle bandwagon for some Funk?


As far as I'm concerned there's always room for some Funk

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Jun 2016
Posts: 1209
Location: Babylon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject:

DocK36 wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
I prefer to sign Randle over lebron


not this again lol
With the Cousins injury, let's say PG signs, other than Lebron, there is no other FA out there this summer better than Randle. So if Lebron goes elsewhere, you match any offers on Randle, even if it's the max.


That's my point. Lots of other factors not just "Randle vs LeBron"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 15149
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Man, Randle has just been beasting even through difficult times.


I loved that play last night where he just bumped Jerami Grant out of the way and dunked on him. Grant did that to KCP three times earlier in the game and Julius gave him some payback. Afterward, Grant looked at the ref for a bailout call.
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 1518

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject:

The only thing I hate about yesterday trade is The 2 MAX Plan Revival. For me, the trade is just an insurance that Julius will be a Laker for many years to come, even though MCuban offer a Max offer sheet. We will match, plain & simple.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mitch Kupchak
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 22 Dec 2007
Posts: 347
Location: City of Angels

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject:

I hate to fill the role of devils advocate, but as much as Randle has been balling, I’m still a little uneasy about giving him any kind of max.
_________________
Teamof2000 wrote:
I was an atheist until I saw Kobe step onto a basketball court.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 93489
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
The only thing I hate about yesterday trade is The 2 MAX Plan Revival. For me, the trade is just an insurance that Julius will be a Laker for many years to come, even though MCuban offer a Max offer sheet. We will match, plain & simple.


You honestly think Cuban is going to offer him 25m/year? That's the max for Jules.
_________________
We have LBJ.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 93489
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject:

BTW, by trading for Doug McDermott, that eats into Dallas' cap space even further next year. He's a RFA>
_________________
We have LBJ.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 1518

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject:

Exactly. Cuban MAX is the worst scenario and it has been covered. I think he eventually will get 17-18.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 93489
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:53 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
Exactly. Cuban MAX is the worst scenario and it has been covered. I think he eventually will get 17-18.


1. they don't have a 25m max to offer
2. they don't have 18m IIRC either after trading for McDermott.

I think it'll be more in the 13-15m range when it's all said and done.
_________________
We have LBJ.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 15566

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BTW, by trading for Doug McDermott, that eats into Dallas' cap space even further next year. He's a RFA>

If Dallas wants to keep McDermott, they're functionally out of the Randle sweepstakes, since his cap hold alone lowers their available cap space to $13-14M. And the Mavs probably want to bring back Yogi Ferrell and possibly Seth Curry and their cap holds would cut another $5M from the Mavs cap space.

But Sacramento just opened upwards of $21M, and I could definitely see Vlade making a silly offer to Randle.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 93489
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BTW, by trading for Doug McDermott, that eats into Dallas' cap space even further next year. He's a RFA>

If Dallas wants to keep McDermott, they're functionally out of the Randle sweepstakes, since his cap hold alone lowers their available cap space to $13-14M. And the Mavs probably want to bring back Yogi Ferrell and possibly Seth Curry and their cap holds would cut another $5M from the Mavs cap space.

But Sacramento just opened upwards of $21M, and I could definitely see Vlade making a silly offer to Randle.


And if Jules is stupid enough to even entertain $ to play in that cesspool, so be it.
_________________
We have LBJ.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 15566

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:04 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BTW, by trading for Doug McDermott, that eats into Dallas' cap space even further next year. He's a RFA>

If Dallas wants to keep McDermott, they're functionally out of the Randle sweepstakes, since his cap hold alone lowers their available cap space to $13-14M. And the Mavs probably want to bring back Yogi Ferrell and possibly Seth Curry and their cap holds would cut another $5M from the Mavs cap space.

But Sacramento just opened upwards of $21M, and I could definitely see Vlade making a silly offer to Randle.


And if Jules is stupid enough to even entertain $ to play in that cesspool, so be it.

Yup. George Hill is Julius' cautionary tale.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 93489
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BTW, by trading for Doug McDermott, that eats into Dallas' cap space even further next year. He's a RFA>

If Dallas wants to keep McDermott, they're functionally out of the Randle sweepstakes, since his cap hold alone lowers their available cap space to $13-14M. And the Mavs probably want to bring back Yogi Ferrell and possibly Seth Curry and their cap holds would cut another $5M from the Mavs cap space.

But Sacramento just opened upwards of $21M, and I could definitely see Vlade making a silly offer to Randle.


And if Jules is stupid enough to even entertain $ to play in that cesspool, so be it.

Yup. George Hill is Julius' cautionary tale.


Did you see they waived GPapa? My goodness.
_________________
We have LBJ.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 15566

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BTW, by trading for Doug McDermott, that eats into Dallas' cap space even further next year. He's a RFA>

If Dallas wants to keep McDermott, they're functionally out of the Randle sweepstakes, since his cap hold alone lowers their available cap space to $13-14M. And the Mavs probably want to bring back Yogi Ferrell and possibly Seth Curry and their cap holds would cut another $5M from the Mavs cap space.

But Sacramento just opened upwards of $21M, and I could definitely see Vlade making a silly offer to Randle.


And if Jules is stupid enough to even entertain $ to play in that cesspool, so be it.

Yup. George Hill is Julius' cautionary tale.


Did you see they waived GPapa? My goodness.

The dysfunction from their front office is breathtaking. Vlade picked up PapaG's option three months ago. Three months ago! They just pissed away $2.4M for...Joe Johnson's corpse?

And that's on top of panic trading Vlade's big free agent signing George Hill for Iman Shumpert and a 2020 2nd round pick. The Nets got a 2018 1st and a 2nd for taking on Carroll's contract and may be able to flip him this summer for an additional asset. Vlade, though, functionally got the Kings a 2020 2nd for taking on Shumpert's deal - just brilliant!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Feb 2013
Posts: 2222

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject:

I remember debating with a lot of fans that Randle would be better than Blake griffin within the next season or 2.

While I think Blake is better at this point the comparison is not far off and I believe it’s still highly possible that Randle has a better career than Blake.

Keeper imo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Sep 2001
Posts: 7945
Location: Eagle Rock

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Roon wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Man, Randle has just been beasting even through difficult times. Consistent effort, that light switch seems like it has been permanently turned on. We need to keep him.

Is there any room on the Randle bandwagon for some Funk?


As far as I'm concerned there's always room for some Funk




_________________
R.I.P. Doc Buss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jun 2016
Posts: 1892

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Jocker wrote:
Im sold, dont care about 2 max, gotta keep that dude....hes earned it...


Sign Jules...

Sign We Want Paul...

And I'm a VERY happy fan cause 50+ wins is almost a guarantee.
_________________
"This game's in the refrigerator. The door is closed, the lights are out. the eggs are coolin', the butter's gettin' hard and the jello's jigglin'."
- Chick, the One & Only
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 93489
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject:

It will come down to this IMO:

Is Jules worth trading the Cavs 1st, Lakers 1st to unload Deng? (assuming we have 2 max FAs committed).
_________________
We have LBJ.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 11663
Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Man, Randle has just been beasting even through difficult times. Consistent effort, that light switch seems like it has been permanently turned on. We need to keep him.

Is there any room on the Randle bandwagon for some Funk?


There's room for Funk EVERYWHERE.
_________________
Maginka doing work
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Aug 2017
Posts: 1455

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Give him 4 years $60 million
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 04 Oct 2016
Posts: 749

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
It will come down to this IMO:

Is Jules worth trading the Cavs 1st, Lakers 1st to unload Deng? (assuming we have 2 max FAs committed).


Trade Julius or trade a couple late picks and Deng. You keep 23 year old PF with rare abilities and lock him up for his prime years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 93489
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject:

scooterp10 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
It will come down to this IMO:

Is Jules worth trading the Cavs 1st, Lakers 1st to unload Deng? (assuming we have 2 max FAs committed).


Trade Julius or trade a couple late picks and Deng. You keep 23 year old PF with rare abilities and lock him up for his prime years.


I agree. If that's what it takes and we have 2 max FAs on board, I do it too.
_________________
We have LBJ.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 16272

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Roon wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Man, Randle has just been beasting even through difficult times. Consistent effort, that light switch seems like it has been permanently turned on. We need to keep him.

Is there any room on the Randle bandwagon for some Funk?


As far as I'm concerned there's always room for some Funk



c'mon in fam
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Sep 2001
Posts: 7945
Location: Eagle Rock

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Roon wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Man, Randle has just been beasting even through difficult times. Consistent effort, that light switch seems like it has been permanently turned on. We need to keep him.

Is there any room on the Randle bandwagon for some Funk?


As far as I'm concerned there's always room for some Funk



c'mon in fam


Thanks for the hospitality! The only downside is now I am going to sad if we end up not being able to retain him this summer!
_________________
R.I.P. Doc Buss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 16272

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
22 wrote:
Roon wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Man, Randle has just been beasting even through difficult times. Consistent effort, that light switch seems like it has been permanently turned on. We need to keep him.

Is there any room on the Randle bandwagon for some Funk?


As far as I'm concerned there's always room for some Funk



c'mon in fam


Thanks for the hospitality! The only downside is now I am going to sad if we end up not being able to retain him this summer!


Fareal I'm still worried about that too
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1329, 1330, 1331 ... 1502, 1503, 1504  Next
Page 1330 of 1504
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB