GOODBYE JULIUS RANDLE (Lakers Renounce Randle at his request, Who Then Signs W/ NOR for 2 years (1+1), $18m)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1331, 1332, 1333 ... 1501, 1502, 1503  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 92485
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject:

I think jules will get 13-15m.
_________________
We can wait. Do not trade Lonzo/BI/Kuz/Hart. Chase max FA in 2019 instead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jesusdelonla
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jan 2018
Posts: 3415

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:

c'mon in fam


what up 22, you building any new cool apps?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker's Fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2002
Posts: 7917

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:00 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
scooterp10 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dang. Mejiri and Kleber giving Jules fits. Theyíre like ďgive us that money instead of Jules.Ē


Julius is gonna get paid

Not a 25m max from the Mavs


Randle has gotten better at finishing and does some really nice things in transition, on defensive switches and as a rebounder. He's only 23 and does a lot of things at a very high level. LA should try to resign him at the right price-point. But there's a reason teams were only offering second round picks for him in trade (like Payton) despite his lottery pedigree and restricted rights in a tight free agent market.

He can defend all five positions on a switch but he doesn't rotate intelligently. He too frequently puts his head down and forces things leading to turnovers or broken possessions. He doesn't space the floor and because of his poor rotations combined with a wing-level length/reach he's not a reliable rim protector. On the whole he's a plus contributor but he's a tough piece to fit and he has a huge ego to boot.

Dallas is generally pretty smart in making roster decisions. Their roster startes with Barns and Smith. Is Randle the next logical piece for them? Because he's from Dallas? That matters when you need to convince guys to take your money. This market is going to be brutal.

Cuban went for DeAndre before. Jordan will definitely be on the market this summer having turned down the Clipper extension. Word is he wants Houston but the math is tricky and that could also open up the opportunity to make a run at Capela who is a better fit in Dallas than Jules. If Dallas is playing the restricted free agent game I could also see them looking at Aaron Gordon before Randle too. Word is you can test Orlando's intentions on him. Marcus Smart, Rodney Hood, Avery Bradley, Derrick Favors, Tyreke Evans, Jusuf Nurkic, Will Barton, their own Seth Curry. There are a lot of guys out there Dallas could be ready to throw their money at. The idea Jules is getting a big offer from Cuban is misplaced imo.
_________________
Bold Prediction: Lance Stephenson is going to play well for the 2018-19 Lakers (7/6/2018).

2-3-7-14 Los Angeles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mj32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 07 Jul 2012
Posts: 412

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Randle's last 10 games: 19.4 points (54.6% fg), 9.1 rebounds, 3.5 assists in 30 minutes

Are people seriously arguing he isn't worth $10M a year? Seriously?


Not on this team if we are trying to get 2 max players. If we only are getting one max player and he is willing to come off the bench sure. I personally donít like undersized big men who canít shoot or protect the rim.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dao
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jan 2013
Posts: 5536

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:12 pm    Post subject:

If we sign Lebron+George, is Randle really worth two first round picks AND the salary he will demand? That's what it would take to dump Deng and keep Randle. The Lakers reportedly couldn't get ONE first round pick for him, from the entire league. Is it realistic to expect the Lakers to give up 2? The only place he fits, if we sign George+Lebron, is at center. The forward spots will be extremely crowded.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker's Fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2002
Posts: 7917

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject:

mj32 wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
Randle's last 10 games: 19.4 points (54.6% fg), 9.1 rebounds, 3.5 assists in 30 minutes

Are people seriously arguing he isn't worth $10M a year? Seriously?


Not on this team if we are trying to get 2 max players. If we only are getting one max player and he is willing to come off the bench sure. I personally donít like undersized big men who canít shoot or protect the rim.


Yes, Randle is definitely worth $10 million a year (more actually). It's possible a given team (including possibly the Lakers) have better options though.

Once Paul George commits to the Lakers I actually think Mintz will try to negotiate a S&T for Jules to OKC. The mechanics are tricky, especially if we're looking at getting a second star. But there are ways to get that done.
_________________
Bold Prediction: Lance Stephenson is going to play well for the 2018-19 Lakers (7/6/2018).

2-3-7-14 Los Angeles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 5446
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:40 pm    Post subject:

I wish he was a rim protector. There seems to be a new crop of athletic, long reach, 7 footers in the league. We need some rim protection and I wished Randle was the answer for that. But then I guess I'd be wishing he could shoot threes after that...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 16287

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:52 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
Randle's last 10 games: 19.4 points (54.6% fg), 9.1 rebounds, 3.5 assists in 30 minutes

Are people seriously arguing he isn't worth $10M a year? Seriously?


In fairness, the Lakers are only on a 57-58 win pace over those games, so itís not like it is translating to wins.




Yep.. some people really try lowballing our own guys when they're playing extremely well cause it scares them when they're locked in to this "two max" mindset.

I will be so freaking happy tbh when LeBron goes somewhere else and that "2 max" dream for the few still holding onto it never happens so that they can actually start realizing the talent the team has, instead of being afraid of it and adapting a "he's playing too good so let's act like they're not and lowball them" mentality.

He also had 26/8/7 tonight on 10-14 from the field leading the team in points and assists. You know.. as ya do.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Feb 2015
Posts: 2176

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:05 am    Post subject:

I wonder if we are gonna make him an offer before trying to fulfill our pipe dreams? I think they should re-sign Julius 1st.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Matajotos
Rookie
Rookie


Joined: 09 Feb 2018
Posts: 17

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:21 am    Post subject:

Thing that sucks is his best position is PF and that's Kuzmas best position as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
trablos
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 May 2017
Posts: 1664

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:34 am    Post subject:

dao wrote:
If we sign Lebron+George, is Randle really worth two first round picks AND the salary he will demand? That's what it would take to dump Deng and keep Randle. The Lakers reportedly couldn't get ONE first round pick for him, from the entire league. Is it realistic to expect the Lakers to give up 2? The only place he fits, if we sign George+Lebron, is at center. The forward spots will be extremely crowded.

It's not that he's not worth the pick, its just that teams would rather try to sign him as an RFA than give up assets. I'm more concerned with his role if we get a max perimeter player and our plans with how we use BI/Kuz with them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 16287

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:44 am    Post subject:

Julius Randle 26/8/7 vs Mavs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eSUjJpoYcw

_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 8753

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:28 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Julius Randle 26/8/7 vs Mavs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eSUjJpoYcw

That was a really good audition from Randle (Iím sure Cuban ready to spend some $). Heís collapsing opponent Ďs defense... this kid is almost there. He can really be a Karl Malone type with better and better jumper each season
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 31779

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:00 am    Post subject:

Teams realize that Julius is now playing at a higher level therefore they quickly collapse on him.
Jules has recognize this and do a better job of finding the open man and passing when he draws a double team.
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Laker_Town
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Posts: 24677

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:03 am    Post subject:

I'd like it if he (bleep) he ball 3 or 4 times.

Mix it up a bit, especially when playing bigger centers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 04 Oct 2016
Posts: 733

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:22 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
scooterp10 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dang. Mejiri and Kleber giving Jules fits. Theyíre like ďgive us that money instead of Jules.Ē


Julius is gonna get paid

Not a 25m max from the Mavs


Randle has gotten better at finishing and does some really nice things in transition, on defensive switches and as a rebounder. He's only 23 and does a lot of things at a very high level. LA should try to resign him at the right price-point. But there's a reason teams were only offering second round picks for him in trade (like Payton) despite his lottery pedigree and restricted rights in a tight free agent market.

He can defend all five positions on a switch but he doesn't rotate intelligently. He too frequently puts his head down and forces things leading to turnovers or broken possessions. He doesn't space the floor and because of his poor rotations combined with a wing-level length/reach he's not a reliable rim protector. On the whole he's a plus contributor but he's a tough piece to fit and he has a huge ego to boot.

Dallas is generally pretty smart in making roster decisions. Their roster startes with Barns and Smith. Is Randle the next logical piece for them? Because he's from Dallas? That matters when you need to convince guys to take your money. This market is going to be brutal.

Cuban went for DeAndre before. Jordan will definitely be on the market this summer having turned down the Clipper extension. Word is he wants Houston but the math is tricky and that could also open up the opportunity to make a run at Capela who is a better fit in Dallas than Jules. If Dallas is playing the restricted free agent game I could also see them looking at Aaron Gordon before Randle too. Word is you can test Orlando's intentions on him. Marcus Smart, Rodney Hood, Avery Bradley, Derrick Favors, Tyreke Evans, Jusuf Nurkic, Will Barton, their own Seth Curry. There are a lot of guys out there Dallas could be ready to throw their money at. The idea Jules is getting a big offer from Cuban is misplaced imo.


I watched the Dallas Broadcast of the game. They did a spotlight on Julius before the game and were talking about him like he's a budding superstar the whole game. Julius is highly underrated, especially by Lakers fans and should get a strong offer this Summer that the Lakers will have to match. He may take the qualifying offer if he wants to leave LA though. Barring injury, Julius will be in the AllStar discussion next season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Jul 2012
Posts: 30040
Location: Holland

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I think jules will get 13-15m.


You think that after the dallas game?

Games like this lead to 18-20m
_________________
Purple and Banana


Last edited by Chronicle on Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 04 Oct 2016
Posts: 733

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
mj32 wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
Randle's last 10 games: 19.4 points (54.6% fg), 9.1 rebounds, 3.5 assists in 30 minutes

Are people seriously arguing he isn't worth $10M a year? Seriously?


Not on this team if we are trying to get 2 max players. If we only are getting one max player and he is willing to come off the bench sure. I personally donít like undersized big men who canít shoot or protect the rim.


Yes, Randle is definitely worth $10 million a year (more actually). It's possible a given team (including possibly the Lakers) have better options though.

Once Paul George commits to the Lakers I actually think Mintz will try to negotiate a S&T for Jules to OKC. The mechanics are tricky, especially if we're looking at getting a second star. But there are ways to get that done.


What better free agent PF/C options is there? Even if LoBron comes he'd want someone else to do the muscle work down low. Who better then Julius?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 92485
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I think jules will get 13-15m.


You think that after the dallas game?

Games like this lead to 18-20m


Who has that kind of cap space and will spend it on him is the question.
_________________
We can wait. Do not trade Lonzo/BI/Kuz/Hart. Chase max FA in 2019 instead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Aug 2008
Posts: 10857
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:18 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I think jules will get 13-15m.


You think that after the dallas game?

Games like this lead to 18-20m


Who has that kind of cap space and will spend it on him is the question.



Randle is a player, I don't know what else we want
from him. He's not great but fit a role here in LA.

We're missing that 2 way player ala George but lets
see how the season ends.
_________________
The move
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 92485
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject:

Oh I want him in La long term. But 18-20m a year I would be shocked
_________________
We can wait. Do not trade Lonzo/BI/Kuz/Hart. Chase max FA in 2019 instead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
durden-tyler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 22 Dec 2003
Posts: 915

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject:

Just speculation, bu I think the Lakers will go til 20M/year...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jan 2016
Posts: 2609

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
MJST wrote:
Julius Randle 26/8/7 vs Mavs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eSUjJpoYcw

That was a really good audition from Randle (Iím sure Cuban ready to spend some $). Heís collapsing opponent Ďs defense... this kid is almost there. He can really be a Karl Malone type with better and better jumper each season


Randle needs to stop playing this good or we might actually have to pay him a lot in the summer
_________________
-------LUCKY-------
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Jul 2012
Posts: 30040
Location: Holland

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
Just speculation, bu I think the Lakers will go til 20M/year...


Think so as well
_________________
Purple and Banana
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 13211

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I think jules will get 13-15m.


You think that after the dallas game?

Games like this lead to 18-20m


Who has that kind of cap space and will spend it on him is the question.


Dallas does. They can open up 29 million this summer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1331, 1332, 1333 ... 1501, 1502, 1503  Next
Page 1332 of 1503
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB