The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1343, 1344, 1345 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:51 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Quote:
Ohm Youngmisuk
ESPN Staff Writer

Julius Randle went to the Kings practice court to work on free throws after the game. He was 0-for-5 from the line tonight.

that ball was flyin out his hand in the ugliest of fashions tonight
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:51 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Quote:
Ohm Youngmisuk
ESPN Staff Writer

Julius Randle went to the Kings practice court to work on free throws after the game. He was 0-for-5 from the line tonight.

#KeepRandle
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DIVJURnVjA

I missed this because my stream went offline but I would've gone crazy if I had seen that in real time

post midnight screams in my house received mixed reactions from the other inhabitants

(and by mixed I mean one of them wanted to throw hands)

The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:53 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
The Logo wrote:
anpherknee wrote:

I missed this because my stream went offline but I would've gone crazy if I had seen that in real time

post midnight screams in my house received mixed reactions from the other inhabitants

My RA lives right next to me so I definitely know I would've gotten written up
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Not a bad stretch of games for a guy whom a small group of posters claimed about be out of the league by next season.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject:

I think he's going to be in his prime from next season, til about 2024. The difference in his ability to finish came from having more pop, do to weight loss and gaining leg strength. Remember his rookie year when everyone wished he was able to finish with a dunk off vertical like Brandon Bass... he's able to have that pop consistently now. I don't think he has that pop consistently after ~28 years old. Most players lose a little vert around that age. Paul George, Deandre, Harden, Blake in large amount , Demarcus, even Anthony Davis is a taddddd less explosive this year, Clarkson was a high flyer rookie year. Miles make you sore... I think Julius needs all of the bounce to finish with this success.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
The Logo wrote:
anpherknee wrote:

Anphy how u bro? u don't hangout on lg no more? only netsG.net?
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject:

Sina wrote:
Randle is a keeper, until we can acquire someone names Davis, Towns or Embiid

I'll take Randle over Towns right now. He's soft
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Lakers4Life33 wrote:
Can we build enough good will with Julius that he cooperates and waits to sign an offer sheet?

For example if Dallas offers 4 years/60-70m we can tell Julius to not sign it, but promise on good faith we will offer that same contract after we sign or whiff on the max guys.

Is this wishful thinking?

I am sure that if the FO assures JR that they will pay him in a starting role he will wait on an offer sheet.

I hope so I don't want to lose anymore of the young pups
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:07 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
The Logo wrote:
anpherknee wrote:

Anphy how u bro? u don't hangout on lg no more? only netsG.net?

im coolin famalamski

I just be on the twitters more now

them game threads was gettin too wild for my innocent eyes and people was yellin at each other too much in various other threads sometime during the summer months

also yes,

nets games have also taken up a good deal of my time
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:14 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
I think he's going to be in his prime from next season, til about 2024. The difference in his ability to finish came from having more pop, do to weight loss and gaining leg strength. Remember his rookie year when everyone wished he was able to finish with a dunk off vertical like Brandon Bass... he's able to have that pop consistently now. I don't think he has that pop consistently after ~28 years old. Most players lose a little vert around that age. Paul George, Deandre, Harden, Blake in large amount , Demarcus, even Anthony Davis is a taddddd less explosive this year, Clarkson was a high flyer rookie year. Miles make you sore... I think Julius needs all of the bounce to finish with this success.

His shots around hte rim look clunky but he has really nice, soft touch. I'm almost always confident it's going in even in traffic.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Sina wrote:

Lmao
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:21 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Sina wrote:

Lmao

Although it sounds crazy, the gap is definitely shrinking.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:47 am    Post subject:

It's amazing that Towns and Randle are just one year apart in age.
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:55 am    Post subject:

http://bkref.com/tiny/dbNFd

The "Per 36 Minutes" numbers are interesting, I woudn't go as far as saying he's better than Towns, that's typical overrating (let's just look at their offensive ratings), but the numbers are pretty good !!!
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:52 am    Post subject:

Muscle and Hustle... zoom by WCS, bulldoze everybody else

This guy is putting the hurt on opposing bigs... Brook and The Beast
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:24 am    Post subject:

Only thing Julius really needs to develop is that jump shot. He’s got time though. Plenty of guys don’t have that at his age and develop it. Not a lot of guys can do the other things Julius does.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject:

dao wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Lakers4Life33 wrote:
FWIW, Danny Leroux(well respected cap expert/analyst) thinks Julius will get $7 mil a year this offseason due to the cap/money squeeze. That would be the best contract in the NBA.

He’s getting more than that. That’s less than the full MLE. sloppy work on their part again.

Yeah, anything below MLE is absurd. I think that his cap hold actually should be the mean and ends up somewhere right above or below that hopefully.

I agree. But it is worth noting that non-centers who can't space and Centers who don't rim protect have heavy bias against them in free agency. Randle was also known to be available in trade and didn't get moved. Outside of Dallas there may not be another non-MLE offer out there. And Dallas could go in a bunch of directions.
and that's because their play style isn't ideal in today's NBA. Randle's RPM is -0.2 despite his nice per 36 numbers. He's the #44 PF in the league in RPM.

Mike Muscala is #1. Cheick Diallo is #2. Marvin Williams is #3. Might not be the best way to measure a player's impact.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:30 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
It's amazing that Towns and Randle are just one year apart in age.

Towns is by far the better talent, but IMO Randle knows what works for him and what works for our team. Towns strays from the paint too much. Luke made a comment about two months ago saying he wanted Julio to be the physical enforcer for this team and it feels like ever since then, Julius has taken that role to heart and absolutely excelled. Every team needs this kind of guy. For all his length and athleticism, Towns is below average on D despite playing for a well known defensive guru. I don't think Towns could be a physical presence for us.......

Now both of them together inside/out
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject:

I hope Maginka is prepared to make a darn good offer to Randle and not take him for granted. I can see Dallas or some other team looking for frontcourt muscle throwing a $18-20M/ year offer at him, and if Randle feels under appreciated or undervalued or jerked around, we’re cooked.

As much as we need outside shooting and star quality, we also need players that make it hard for opposing teams to match up to US, rather than the other way around.

Just a couple of weeks ago some folks here were hoping Randle would sign here around $10-12M a year, but I don’t think that will cut it anymore.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
http://bkref.com/tiny/dbNFd

The "Per 36 Minutes" numbers are interesting, I woudn't go as far as saying he's better than Towns, that's typical overrating (let's just look at their offensive ratings), but the numbers are pretty good !!!

Of course someone had to misread my post and think I said Randle was better. But that's not what I said you understand that I'm saying the two aren't far off. With that said I think Randle brings his heart every night for his full 30 or whatever mins he's playing. KAT has been bad defensively and doesn't defend the perimeter well although he's a better shot blocker. Randle is so good at defending the perimeter players that last night at the end of the game. He was on Buddy and buddy was scared to challenge Randle so he took a 3 about 5 feet behind the line and shot an air ball. Randle also has better hands in terms of getting deflections
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Of course someone had to misread my post and think I said Randle was better. But that's not what I said you understand that I'm saying the two aren't far off. With that said I think Randle brings his heart every night for his full 30 or whatever mins he's playing. KAT has been bad defensively and doesn't defend the perimeter well although he's a better shot blocker. Randle is so good at defending the perimeter players that last night at the end of the game. He was on Buddy and buddy was scared to challenge Randle so he took a 3 about 5 feet behind the line and shot an air ball. Randle also has better hands in terms of getting deflections

Come on...
You said : « I'll take Randle over Towns right now. He's soft ». Sorry but when someone says that, I understand : « Randle is better than Towns ». And I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one…
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Come on...
You said : « I'll take Randle over Towns right now. He's soft ». Sorry but when someone says that, I understand : « Randle is better than Towns ». And I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one…

I don't see where I said he was better. I'll take PG over Lebron right now does that mean PG is better? No I like what PG brings over trying to get Lebron to buy into our system. If I wanted to say Randle >> KAT I would have said it. I don't dance around what I'm trying to say. Clearly you miss the SOFT part which made my post clear.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject:

I was one who thought the Mavs would make it rain on Randle but after finding out they'd have to somewhat gut the team to throw him a max and rumors linking them to Aaron Gordon, I think we might have dodged that bullet.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:24 am    Post subject:

I don't think Mavs make a big offer to Randle. They are going to want to tank next year too and be players in summer of 2019.

Lakers don't have many competitors.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1343, 1344, 1345 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1344 of 1536
Jump to: