The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1344, 1345, 1346 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject:

I want to see him a Ball play more together. We haven't gotten much at all of that.

In lineups total played minutes, it's not until the 5th most used lineup where we see Ball and Randle together.

Those five:
1. 223 mins L.Ball, K.Caldwell-Pope, B.Ingram, K.Kuzma, B.Lopez
2. 219 mins L.Ball, K.Caldwell-Pope, B.Ingram, B.Lopez, L.Nance Jr.
3. 163 mins K.Caldwell-Pope, J.Hart, B.Ingram, B.Lopez, J.Randle
4. 113 mins C.Brewer, J.Clarkson, J.Hart, K.Kuzma, J.Randle
5. 96 mins L.Ball, K.Caldwell-Pope, B.Ingram, K.Kuzma, J.Randle
6. 74 L.Ball, K.Caldwell-Pope, B.Ingram, B.Lopez, J.Randle

I love seeing Ingram and Jules start to find each other. I'd like to see what Ball and Jules could do for each other.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject:

What happened fellas? I just woke up from that concussion Julius gave me when he dunked on every cowbell in Sacramento last night
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
I don't think Mavs make a big offer to Randle. They are going to want to tank next year too and be players in summer of 2019.

Lakers don't have many competitors.

That is the strongest reason for me they won't throw a big offer. With a DFT, perfect time to tank.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject:

Julius needs a euro step when he's at the midrange charging to the basket. Guys know he's gonna bully his way in and get in position to take a charge, which will leave him with a wide open bucket when he just shimmy's past them.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
Julius needs a euro step when he's at the midrange charging to the basket. Guys know he's gonna bully his way in and get in position to take a charge, which will leave him with a wide open bucket when he just shimmy's past them.

Yup and defenders flop like no other too. He gets that euro it’s over for dudes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject:

Guys are falling like bowling pins anytime this dude has his mind made up to do something.

I give him huge props, never seen him so focused and animated on the court, he was like a corpse under Lord Byron.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject:

Big thing for Randle was having to learn essentially how to play the game after getting to the nba. He’s grown a lot, and I suspect he’s not finished.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Big thing for Randle was having to learn essentially how to play the game after getting to the nba. He’s grown a lot, and I suspect he’s not finished.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject:

I have been reading what Mavs fans are saying about there interest in Randle and most of them are pro-Randle and are willing to bring him in during the summer, my question is if Cuban ends up overpaying do we somehow tell the Mavs to give us a compensation?
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject:

I think the Mavs are all in on Randle. This is the same Franchise that paid big money for an injured Parsons. Wouldn't be surprised to see them again offer upwards of 15 mill. The talks with JR agent should start now letting him know that he will be brought back and that winning is our priority.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject:

just like PG going home cant be made if randle chooses to go home to Dallas unless we offer him more
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
I think the Mavs are all in on Randle. This is the same Franchise that paid big money for an injured Parsons. Wouldn't be surprised to see them again offer upwards of 15 mill. The talks with JR agent should start now letting him know that he will be brought back and that winning is our priority.

Different free agent market and different goals when they made the Parson's offer. They were in a win-now mode. They were also the team that realized that the NBA FA market changed and pulled a big offer to Noel.

We won't know the Mavs needs until the draft.

It would not make any sense to go after Randle if they drafted say Bagley.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

We also have to remember he's only 23. After several years of thinking about our 'young' prospects being 19-20, it's easy to forget that 23 is still way before a player's prime.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Different free agent market and different goals when they made the Parson's offer. They were in a win-now mode. They were also the team that realized that the NBA FA market changed and pulled a big offer to Noel.

Or they draft Ayton and then Randle makes perfect sense for them.

A Randle-Ayton frontcourt would be a huge and strong frontcourt.
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Ayton will probably go #1. Dude is a beast
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Randle isn't a good fit next to Ayton. You want more of a stretch 4 next to Ayton.

If you're Dallas and you draft Ayton, you are likely thinking of going after Aaron Gordon or saving your cap-space to get more assets. Remember that Ayton also will take $10m in cap-space and they have another $10m invested in Powell.

Randle's problem is he would be the most valuable on teams that are trying to go from good to great and those teams don't have cap-space. If you're a team in full rebuild mode, he doesn't make much sense given his ceiling.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
Megaton wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Randle isn't a good fit next to Ayton. You want more of a stretch 4 next to Ayton.

If you're Dallas and you draft Ayton, you are likely thinking of going after Aaron Gordon or saving your cap-space to get more assets. Remember that Ayton also will take $10m in cap-space and they have another $10m invested in Powell.

Randle's problem is he would be the most valuable on teams that are trying to go from good to great and those teams don't have cap-space. If you're a team in full rebuild mode, he doesn't make much sense given his ceiling.

Part of Ayton’s appeal is his ability to stretch the floor himself though. He doesn’t really “NEED” a stretch four.

And look at the size of this freaking guy: http://image.ibb.co/f0QiJ6/IMG_20171020_234843.jpg

A Randle and even a rookie Ayton front court would scare the crap out of most bigmen besides guys like Rudy Gobert and Steven Adams.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Car54 wrote:

it's not just a Randle/Ayton front court that would entice Dallas

It's a Dennis Smith Jr.
Harrison Barnes
Julius Randle
Deandre Ayton

young core that would entice them.

basically Dirk in his farewell tour season, would have those 4 young stars around him in his final season.

We must ensure that DOES NOT happen.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:43 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Megaton wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Car54 wrote:

It's a Dennis Smith Jr.
Harrison Barnes
Julius Randle
Deandre Ayton

basically Dirk in his farewell tour season, would have those 4 young stars around him in his final season.

I've never seen Ayeton play but looking at that lineup makes me say wow
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Megaton wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Car54 wrote:

It's a Dennis Smith Jr.
Harrison Barnes
Julius Randle
Deandre Ayton

Harrison Barnes is whatever, but Smith Jr/Randle/Ayton would be a very nice core to build with. One more year of tanking for someone like Zion in next year’s draft then they’re golden.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Or it’s possible they end up with Bagley, Porter or another 4 from this loaded big man draft and don’t find the need to sign Randle. The big contract to Barnes was when everyone expected the cap to spike over the next two years which did not happen. Teams are going to be frugal this offseason. Mavs refused to give Noel his asking price and he got burned.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
Or it’s possible they end up with Bagley, Porter or another 4 from this loaded big man draft and don’t find the need to sign Randle. The big contract to Barnes was when everyone expected the cap to spike over the next two years which did not happen. Teams are going to be frugal this offseason. Mavs refused to give Noel his asking price and he got burned.

Noel sucks though.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:

Noel sucks though.

True, but at the time of free agency he was definitely valued quite a bit around the league. Also, played quite well on the Mavs after he was traded.
Halimi
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject:

So, is there a way for us to get two major free agents this year and keep Randle?
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Megaton wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Car54 wrote:

It's a Dennis Smith Jr.
Harrison Barnes
Julius Randle
Deandre Ayton

Replace Randle with any other good young player and you would say the same thing.

Ayton and DSJ with any other young player is a great young core.

Dallas could very well offer Randle, but I see the deal being about 4 yr /55m which may be tough for the Lakers to match.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1344, 1345, 1346 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1345 of 1536
Jump to: