GOODBYE JULIUS RANDLE (Lakers Renounce Randle at his request, Who Then Signs W/ NOR for 2 years (1+1), $18m)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1367, 1368, 1369 ... 1501, 1502, 1503  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
dao
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jan 2013
Posts: 5545

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
As much as I love his improvement, it's hard to ignore the turnovers. Too often I check his box score and see near equal assists and turnovers and it's not really getting better. I think it's the most important aspect of his game he needs to work on, even moreso than a jumpshot.
agreed. He's still mistake prone. Too many turnovers, offensive fouls etc. He holds the ball too much at times. But his positives outweigh his negatives due to his physical gifts. Hopefully the mental aspects of the game continue to improve.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dao
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jan 2013
Posts: 5545

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:57 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Is there anyone remaining that is against keeping Jules?

I think even some of the more vocal critics have been turned due to his stellar play this year.
I still think it depends on what sort of offers he gets. If Dallas offers him the max for example, I doubt the Lakers would match that. I think they'll try to retain Randle at a price that doesn't interfere with the two max plan.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AirTupac
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 04 Feb 2018
Posts: 350

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject:

An FO that lets Randle walk for free is a (bleep) FO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Sep 2001
Posts: 7918
Location: Eagle Rock

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject:

I am going to be upset if we don't keep him now. Kudos to you Julius- you made me a believer!
_________________
R.I.P. Doc Buss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 92894
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Is there anyone remaining that is against keeping Jules?

I think even some of the more vocal critics have been turned due to his stellar play this year.
I still think it depends on what sort of offers he gets. If Dallas offers him the max for example, I doubt the Lakers would match that. I think they'll try to retain Randle at a price that doesn't interfere with the two max plan.


Dallas has about 14m in cap space IIRC. They have Powell who is an analytical darling at PF. They will likely draft a PF or a big man. They like Barnes at Pf and have that dirk guy still. I donít understand why they would give him a 25m max.
_________________
We can wait. Do not trade Lonzo/BI/Kuz/Hart. Chase max FA in 2019 instead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 13212

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:26 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
dao wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Is there anyone remaining that is against keeping Jules?

I think even some of the more vocal critics have been turned due to his stellar play this year.
I still think it depends on what sort of offers he gets. If Dallas offers him the max for example, I doubt the Lakers would match that. I think they'll try to retain Randle at a price that doesn't interfere with the two max plan.


Dallas has about 14m in cap space IIRC. They have Powell who is an analytical darling at PF. They will likely draft a PF or a big man. They like Barnes at Pf and have that dirk guy still. I donít understand why they would give him a 25m max.


Dallas can make room for 29 million if they renounce their players, which can easily happen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
2019
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Dec 2014
Posts: 5759

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Julius + LeBron will be such an incredible tandem. PG and BI on wings. Lonzo "running the point". Kuzma + Hart as major rotation players. Lopez as the starting C... get ready folks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 04 Oct 2016
Posts: 734

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Julius + LeBron will be such an incredible tandem. PG and BI on wings. Lonzo "running the point". Kuzma + Hart as major rotation players. Lopez as the starting C... get ready folks.


I think starting five in that scenario would be

Ball
George
Ingram
James
Randle

With bench:

A vet PG
Hart
Ring chaser SF
Kuzma
Lopez
1st rd pick
Zubac
Bryant

That starting lineup would be killer on defense too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 92894
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:37 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
dao wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Is there anyone remaining that is against keeping Jules?

I think even some of the more vocal critics have been turned due to his stellar play this year.
I still think it depends on what sort of offers he gets. If Dallas offers him the max for example, I doubt the Lakers would match that. I think they'll try to retain Randle at a price that doesn't interfere with the two max plan.


Dallas has about 14m in cap space IIRC. They have Powell who is an analytical darling at PF. They will likely draft a PF or a big man. They like Barnes at Pf and have that dirk guy still. I donít understand why they would give him a 25m max.


Dallas can make room for 29 million if they renounce their players, which can easily happen.


So their entire plan is to renounce players to add what would likely be a 5th big man between dirk, draft pick, Powell, and Barnes and pay jules a 25m max knowing heís a RFA?
_________________
We can wait. Do not trade Lonzo/BI/Kuz/Hart. Chase max FA in 2019 instead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
watchME
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 May 2011
Posts: 3243

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:50 pm    Post subject:

scooterp10 wrote:
2019 wrote:
Julius + LeBron will be such an incredible tandem. PG and BI on wings. Lonzo "running the point". Kuzma + Hart as major rotation players. Lopez as the starting C... get ready folks.


I think starting five in that scenario would be

Ball
George
Ingram
James
Randle

With bench:

A vet PG
Hart
Ring chaser SF
Kuzma
Lopez
1st rd pick
Zubac
Bryant

That starting lineup would be killer on defense too.
I like ur starting 5. run and gun .. my god.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
NBALakerLegends
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 06 Aug 2007
Posts: 696

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
dao wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Is there anyone remaining that is against keeping Jules?

I think even some of the more vocal critics have been turned due to his stellar play this year.
I still think it depends on what sort of offers he gets. If Dallas offers him the max for example, I doubt the Lakers would match that. I think they'll try to retain Randle at a price that doesn't interfere with the two max plan.


Dallas has about 14m in cap space IIRC. They have Powell who is an analytical darling at PF. They will likely draft a PF or a big man. They like Barnes at Pf and have that dirk guy still. I donít understand why they would give him a 25m max.



Dallas can make room for 29 million if they renounce their players, which can easily happen.


So their entire plan is to renounce players to add what would likely be a 5th big man between dirk, draft pick, Powell, and Barnes and pay jules a 25m max knowing heís a RFA?



Agreed. A front office would be nuts to gut their team for a shot to overpay another big man on their team. I just donít see it especially if they draft a big (likely).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker's Fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2002
Posts: 7957

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Randle has been breaking out. It's not even just playing well anymore. He's a serious player. I think it not only makes LA more likely to match just about any offers, I think it makes it less likely a competing offer comes in. Dallas isn't going to want to watch their cap room languish for the busiest 48 hours of free agency only to watch LA match.

I could see Sacramento putting in a serious bid though. Radavine was said to like Randle when they were discussing a deal for Boogie
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 13212

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
dao wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Is there anyone remaining that is against keeping Jules?

I think even some of the more vocal critics have been turned due to his stellar play this year.
I still think it depends on what sort of offers he gets. If Dallas offers him the max for example, I doubt the Lakers would match that. I think they'll try to retain Randle at a price that doesn't interfere with the two max plan.


Dallas has about 14m in cap space IIRC. They have Powell who is an analytical darling at PF. They will likely draft a PF or a big man. They like Barnes at Pf and have that dirk guy still. I donít understand why they would give him a 25m max.



Dallas can make room for 29 million if they renounce their players, which can easily happen.


So their entire plan is to renounce players to add what would likely be a 5th big man between dirk, draft pick, Powell, and Barnes and pay jules a 25m max knowing heís a RFA?



Agreed. A front office would be nuts to gut their team for a shot to overpay another big man on their team. I just donít see it especially if they draft a big (likely).


They don't have much of a team outside of DSJ, Barnes, and the draft pick. Dirk is gone after next year. They can still offer 18 million and keep whatever pieces they want. They are going to tank next year as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 92894
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Randle has been breaking out. It's not even just playing well anymore. He's a serious player. I think it not only makes LA more likely to match just about any offers, I think it makes it less likely a competing offer comes in. Dallas isn't going to want to watch their cap room languish for the busiest 48 hours of free agency only to watch LA match.

I could see Sacramento putting in a serious bid though. Radavine was said to like Randle when they were discussing a deal for Boogie


Yup. Itís a waste of time to go after jules now. We will make a way to keep him at all costs
_________________
We can wait. Do not trade Lonzo/BI/Kuz/Hart. Chase max FA in 2019 instead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
NBALakerLegends
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 06 Aug 2007
Posts: 696

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:20 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
dao wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Is there anyone remaining that is against keeping Jules?

I think even some of the more vocal critics have been turned due to his stellar play this year.
I still think it depends on what sort of offers he gets. If Dallas offers him the max for example, I doubt the Lakers would match that. I think they'll try to retain Randle at a price that doesn't interfere with the two max plan.


Dallas has about 14m in cap space IIRC. They have Powell who is an analytical darling at PF. They will likely draft a PF or a big man. They like Barnes at Pf and have that dirk guy still. I donít understand why they would give him a 25m max.



Dallas can make room for 29 million if they renounce their players, which can easily happen.


So their entire plan is to renounce players to add what would likely be a 5th big man between dirk, draft pick, Powell, and Barnes and pay jules a 25m max knowing heís a RFA?



Agreed. A front office would be nuts to gut their team for a shot to overpay another big man on their team. I just donít see it especially if they draft a big (likely).


They don't have much of a team outside of DSJ, Barnes, and the draft pick. Dirk is gone after next year. They can still offer 18 million and keep whatever pieces they want. They are going to tank next year as well.


Iíd match for 18M if Dallas offered that.

Powell is actually a really good player and I think Dallas has finally realized that and they have been starting him. His O and D rating along with pretty much all his advanced stats scream a very good player. Heís from the same class as Julius and heís also starting to realize his potential. Dallas could look to possibly pay their own guy with their cap space.

McDermott is also a restricted free agent thatís been playing well but I donít think heís that high on their priority list. Who knows though since they traded for him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 5512
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
If we dont keep him. Im gonna kill myself.


An honorable death. 😂😂😂
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 5512
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:13 pm    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
dao wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Is there anyone remaining that is against keeping Jules?

I think even some of the more vocal critics have been turned due to his stellar play this year.
I still think it depends on what sort of offers he gets. If Dallas offers him the max for example, I doubt the Lakers would match that. I think they'll try to retain Randle at a price that doesn't interfere with the two max plan.


Dallas has about 14m in cap space IIRC. They have Powell who is an analytical darling at PF. They will likely draft a PF or a big man. They like Barnes at Pf and have that dirk guy still. I donít understand why they would give him a 25m max.



Dallas can make room for 29 million if they renounce their players, which can easily happen.


So their entire plan is to renounce players to add what would likely be a 5th big man between dirk, draft pick, Powell, and Barnes and pay jules a 25m max knowing heís a RFA?



Agreed. A front office would be nuts to gut their team for a shot to overpay another big man on their team. I just donít see it especially if they draft a big (likely).


They don't have much of a team outside of DSJ, Barnes, and the draft pick. Dirk is gone after next year. They can still offer 18 million and keep whatever pieces they want. They are going to tank next year as well.


Iíd match for 18M if Dallas offered that.

Powell is actually a really good player and I think Dallas has finally realized that and they have been starting him. His O and D rating along with pretty much all his advanced stats scream a very good player. Heís from the same class as Julius and heís also starting to realize his potential. Dallas could look to possibly pay their own guy with their cap space.

McDermott is also a restricted free agent thatís been playing well but I donít think heís that high on their priority list. Who knows though since they traded for him.


If I were Dallas, Powell is the a no brainier. If I were the Lakers, Randle is worth it if he promises to keep working on the jumper and maybe a fade away.

The 18 millions is a steep price though...13m/4yrs to start, 15.5 max for me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 8953

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Is Randle the 2nd best player out of 2014 draft after Embiid? (Wiggins? Parker? Smart? Gordon? Lavine? Nurkic?)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 13212

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Is Randle the 2nd best player out of 2014 draft after Embiid? (Wiggins? Parker? Smart? Gordon? Lavine? Nurkic?)


Probably Jokic. He is probably 3rd at this point and could get better.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AY2043
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Feb 2012
Posts: 9746

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
governator wrote:
Is Randle the 2nd best player out of 2014 draft after Embiid? (Wiggins? Parker? Smart? Gordon? Lavine? Nurkic?)


Probably Jokic. He is probably 3rd at this point and could get better.

Embiid and Jokic are in a tier by themselves out of that draft. After that, I'd group Wiggins, Parker (ignoring injuries, which admittedly is tough w/ him), Gordon, Gary Harris, and Julius in that 2nd tier.

I think Julius definitely has a chance to end up the best player out of that second tier.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AY2043
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Feb 2012
Posts: 9746

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there's not much of a market for Julius and that we can get him for something like 4/60, or maybe even cheaper. That would be a STEAL.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
2019
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Dec 2014
Posts: 5759

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:20 pm    Post subject:

scooterp10 wrote:
2019 wrote:
Julius + LeBron will be such an incredible tandem. PG and BI on wings. Lonzo "running the point". Kuzma + Hart as major rotation players. Lopez as the starting C... get ready folks.


I think starting five in that scenario would be

Ball
George
Ingram
James
Randle

With bench:

A vet PG
Hart
Ring chaser SF
Kuzma
Lopez
1st rd pick
Zubac
Bryant

That starting lineup would be killer on defense too.


I still don't see Randle as a full time starting C but I guess it doesn't matter a whole lot. That's a good problem to have.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 82405
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:22 pm    Post subject:

In that lineup it wonít matter since youíve got five guys who can cover three or more positions.
_________________
Tolerance is an agreement to live in peace, not an agreement to be peaceful no matter the conduct of others. A peace treaty is not a suicide pact.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker's Fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2002
Posts: 7957

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:47 am    Post subject:

I'm sure they boyz and all, but worth mentioning that on Sunday Randle gonna play against the guy who started over him most of the year. He wasn't too happy about that neither. I wonder if he's going to try to make a statement.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSanity
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 30 Nov 2006
Posts: 31780
Location: Long Beach, California

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject:

ESPN came out with another top 25 under 25 list. Kuzma was 23... Randle wasn't on the list. They are relatively the same age. People don't get that Randle has arguably been our best player this year. He continues to be underrated. I hope that continues into the summer so we can keep him on a below market deal.

Randle was put into the starting lineup against the Clippers on 12/29/17 and has been in it since. Since then, as a starter, he's averaged 29 MPG, 18.1 PPG (56.6%), 8.9 RPG and 3.2 APG, while arguably being our best defender and helping the Lakers achieve a 17-13 record. If we kept up that same pace for an entire season, we'd win 46-47 games.
_________________
LakersGround's Terms of Service
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1367, 1368, 1369 ... 1501, 1502, 1503  Next
Page 1368 of 1503
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB