The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1394, 1395, 1396 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:09 pm    Post subject:

At least Julius keeps ballin. Keep it up.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Another great game Jules!!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:12 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
At least Julius keeps ballin. Keep it up.

We are getting what we wanted, consistency.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Don't get how you pitch a free agent without this guy being part of your sales pitch. Randle averaging like 21/9 since the start of February which is 19 games. In his last 5 he's putting up 25-11.

Best ball of his career by a mile, at age 23, with real starter minutes. You are loaded at the the front court with Randle, Brandon, and Kuuuz. That and Ball are your core to pitch free agents, and a damn good one.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
Don't get how you pitch a free agent without this guy being part of your sales pitch. Randle averaging like 21/9 since the start of February which is 19 games. In his last 5 he's putting up 25-11.

Best ball of his career by a mile, at age 23, with real starter minutes. You are loaded at the the front court with Randle, Brandon, and Kuuuz. That and Ball are your core to pitch free agents, and a damn good one.

I have no problem admitting I was wrong so here it goes >>> whenwe took Julius, I didn't love it. I was hoping Embiid would fall due to injury (knew he wouldn't make it past Boston at worst), thought Exum or Gordon could have been the guy, I liked Smart a lot, and I loved Lavine.

The Randle we are seeing today is a monster. If he can play like that for the next 10 years, he's going to make us a very competitive team.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject:

He's scored 20+ points in 11 of the last 17 games and hasn't had a single digit game (9) in more than two months. He's been consistently dominant. Over 23 points and nearly 10 rebounds a game in 9 games this month.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:17 pm    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:
pmacla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Man, Jules/LBJ together means you're in for a LONG night. Keep Brook and you're just going to have a physical team pounding you all night.

Jules/LBJ probably is something the rest of the league prays won't happen.

just imagine Lonzo leading a break with Julius on one wing and LeBron on the other wing, who in the league is gonna want to step in front of either of those freight trains

That is a scary thought. Then you have trailers like Ingram, George or Kuzma that can hit or create even if the defense plays LBJ and Randle perfectly. Dang, anyone else on the court (Hart or Lopez) could hit a 3 as well. It's not only that they run the break so well but that they are threats at any level of the play.

We would be a lot more physical than GS even with our death lineup vs their death lineup. Complete switchability on defense and 4 rim runners along with 4 3-point shooter.

On top of that, the end to end foot speed of that dream Lakers squad is on several orders of magnitude higher than GSW and the disparity only grows over the years. When your two "big" men in Randle/Lebron are faster than their "smalls"...death.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:22 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:
pmacla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Man, Jules/LBJ together means you're in for a LONG night. Keep Brook and you're just going to have a physical team pounding you all night.

Jules/LBJ probably is something the rest of the league prays won't happen.

just imagine Lonzo leading a break with Julius on one wing and LeBron on the other wing, who in the league is gonna want to step in front of either of those freight trains

That is a scary thought. Then you have trailers like Ingram, George or Kuzma that can hit or create even if the defense plays LBJ and Randle perfectly. Dang, anyone else on the court (Hart or Lopez) could hit a 3 as well. It's not only that they run the break so well but that they are threats at any level of the play.

We would be a lot more physical than GS even with our death lineup vs their death lineup. Complete switchability on defense and 4 rim runners along with 4 3-point shooter.

On top of that, the end to end foot speed of that dream Lakers squad is on several orders of magnitude higher than GSW and the disparity only grows over the years. When your two "big" men in Randle/Lebron are faster than their "smalls"...death.

Who comes off the bench.. BI or Julius? And can Jules start at the 5? (this is assuming we keep Randle which I pray we do)

Inevitable questions of our dream plan.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:00 am    Post subject:

If you want to pitch to LeBron you need a player that is consistently playing at an all-star level like Kyrie.

If Julius was allowed to do this all year we'd have a pretty darn good case of it.

I think the way he's playing now especially if he remains consistent throughout the end of the season and continues to close the season strong, we'll have a very strong case to make to him that Julius is a better option than Kevin Love for his future investment of what player he's gonna want to have as a teammate.

He can't shoot like Love can... but he's dominant in so many other areas, and that efficiency where he can drop 20+ ppg on 55-59% from the field without even having a jumpshot yet, is a scary thought.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:06 am    Post subject:

Jules the first realized dividend of the tank. He's still got a ways to go to reach his potential but right this moment he's a legit #3 (of a big 3) in this league. Not a lot of those at 23 in the NBA. He, George and a max slot, either this summer or next is a damn good position to be in.
jaylen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:44 am    Post subject:

Julius is an all-star level player it happens that quickly with young guys. I expect him to be an allstar next season. I think the franchise got intoxicated with Ingram, Lonzo and Kuz they forgot abt Randle who more than anyone of the young player has the tough mental and physical game. I think he is the best of the young guys now and in the future. He's a 2 way player all he needs is to add some polish to his game and when that jumper becomes reliable its a wrap for anyone guarding him. I think he will with his stroke become in time a good 3 or shooter he shoots everything long so the deep ball will become an easier stroke for him to develop. No way I'm giving him up.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:41 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
If you want to pitch to LeBron you need a player that is consistently playing at an all-star level like Kyrie.

If Julius was allowed to do this all year we'd have a pretty darn good case of it.

I think the way he's playing now especially if he remains consistent throughout the end of the season and continues to close the season strong, we'll have a very strong case to make to him that Julius is a better option than Kevin Love for his future investment of what player he's gonna want to have as a teammate.

He can't shoot like Love can... but he's dominant in so many other areas, and that efficiency where he can drop 20+ ppg on 55-59% from the field without even having a jumpshot yet, is a scary thought.

The narcissistic and calculating James will only wonder “Does Randle compliment me?”.

I think the answer is no.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:54 am    Post subject:

If George is in tow, James will look at this lineup and think that it doesn’t need another guy who needs the ball in his hands, especially if that guy can’t make a catch and shoot jumpshot.

From James’ perspective, George, himself, and Ingram are the more complimentary “Big 3” offensively. For James, these should be the top three scorers on a team that he leads.

I think James would acknowledge that Randle is an absolute load, but in the same breath, to a man, he’d also acknowledge that their games don’t compliment one another.

James has and will always need to be surrounded by shooters. Any guy who plays with James who isn’t a shooter, is and has always been a rebounding/defensive role-player.

James is deep into that Illuminati/Boule’ culture. I think if he comes here, he’ll insist that Randle be the sacrifice for his services.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:13 am    Post subject:

Do rival GM’s consider Randle to be a future all-star?

Are other teams as enamored with him as the Laker fan base seems to be?

If so, a sign and trade of Randle with Deng attached MUST, at the very, very least, be considered by Laker brass. It needs to at least be an option.

If George and James commit to the Lakers, you’ve got to gauge OKC’s and Cleveland’s interest in acquiring Randle (with Deng) in exchange for the star free agent they will otherwise lose for nothing.

If Randle’s value has skyrocketed, as many here believe it has, and if the James/Randle fit is questionable, as I’m suggesting (and probably James himself as well), why not use Randle’s value to offload Deng?

Although it’d be extremely costly (well over 30 mill a year total plus luxury tax), wouldn’t Presti or Altman have to at least entertain the idea of replacing George or James with a 23 year-old beast in Julius Randle?

I know if I were in their shoes and I were staring at losing James or George for nothing, I’d take Deng and Randle in a heartbeat ... money be damned.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:25 am    Post subject:

Signing both Randle and James would be a mistake.

To me, it’s either or.

The Randle we know and love and see right now will look demonstratively different with James on this team, and paying Randle 15 mill (or more) to be marginalized would be a mistake.

You either sign Randle OR sign James, not both, IMO.

Good arguments can be made for the Lakers to sign either player, but, however, there isn’t, to me, a good argument to be made for signing both.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:44 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

I believe Jules on the roster will be a requirement for guys like PG and Lebron. Jules is most definitely playing at an Allstar level. I'm happy that we stuck with him and it's paying off. But I wanted to vomit hearing Byron Scott talk about how good Randle is. He probably takes credit for it.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:52 am    Post subject:

Max man
evilpimp972
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:17 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:

To me, it’s either or.

The Randle we know and love and see right now will look demonstratively different with James on this team, and paying Randle 15 mill (or more) to be marginalized would be a mistake.

Good arguments can be made for the Lakers to sign either player, but, however, there isn’t, to me, a good argument to be made for signing both.

Now let me ask you, who are you signing after getting LBJ and PG?
Because we wont have any money left, we dont have many choices here.
You have to re sign Randle to be able to go over the cap, and then you can trade him if you worry about the fit
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:01 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:

To me, it’s either or.

One dog goes one way and dee udda dog goes dee udda way...
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject:

evilpimp972 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

To me, it’s either or.

Now let me ask you, who are you signing after getting LBJ and PG?
Because we wont have any money left, we dont have many choices here.
You have to re sign Randle to be able to go over the cap, and then you can trade him if you worry about the fit

Problem is, if you don't re-sign Randle, and you just sign LBJ/PG, who plays center?
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:36 am    Post subject:

PAY THE MAN
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Jules the first realized dividend of the tank. He's still got a ways to go to reach his potential but right this moment he's a legit #3 (of a big 3) in this league. Not a lot of those at 23 in the NBA. He, George and a max slot, either this summer or next is a damn good position to be in.

Yeah. It hinges on PG13 and whether he’s ok coming here without another all star FA. If he is I actually love a Pg13/jules/punt 1 max to 2019 Plan.
Codyb1010
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject:

I do not think it is as difficult as people are making it first things first you offer randle 18 and george 20 and let go of lopez it and pope. Simple stuff really.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject:

Codyb1010 wrote:
I do not think it is as difficult as people are making it first things first you offer randle 18 and george 20 and let go of lopez it and pope. Simple stuff really.

Pg13 is eligible for about 30m but you’re going to low ball him with 20m?
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject:

Last month, people were talking about 16M-18M for JR. I think the price has just gone up considerably. JR is showing his true form at the perfect time for him but at the worst time for us. If he was mediocre this season, we could have re-signed him maybe for 20M or less and then he could start to show all-star form next year, that would have been ideal for us. But if he's showing all-star form now right before signing a big contract, we gotta pay the man.

Maybe Paul George would be willing to give us a hometown discount? Does he have a mega shoe deal like Durant does that he doesn't need that much money anymore? I mean playing for his dream team for a chance at winning a championship is quite enticing.

Last edited by lakersfever714 on Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1394, 1395, 1396 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1395 of 1536
Jump to: