The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1418, 1419, 1420 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
It really all comes down to the money in my opinion with Julius.

If the Lakers can get him for a "reasonable" price, $16 million per...I am for it.

But above that? I would certainly weight alternate options.

That is Andre Iguodala / James Johnson territory. Just saying.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

If the Lakers can get him for a "reasonable" price, $16 million per...I am for it.

Bear in mind, the number is 12.4. That’s the cap hold, and the amount they’d have for someone else if not him.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject:

sign him for whatever if we get PG and Lebron this summer.

if we get 1, keep 1 max open next summer and sign Randle for the remaining money
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 4:28 am    Post subject:

Julius Randle continuing to put in that work

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bif_QTAH4Py

https://streamable.com/eqf8r

with Tyler Relph.

Lakers Nation video on what the youngsters are up to this off-season thus far

Mirjalovic
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 4:54 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
MJST wrote:
When you have a kid as talented as Julius, whom improves every year, and goes into this off-season with the same intensity he did last off-season which made him a 20/10/4 player.

You don't let that go.

I will take the bait....why are we calling Randle a 20/10 player? Last year he was a 16/8 guy....so I assumed you were referring to per 36, and that did not match 20/10. Maybe your referring to Post All Star break...it was close @ 20/9?

per 36 he was a 20/10 guy. Can you read stats ?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 5:08 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Bear in mind, the number is 12.4. That’s the cap hold, and the amount they’d have for someone else if not him.

Meaning you have to get the 2 max this summer. Can't do 1 now and 1 next summer if Randle goes beyond that cap hold... right? (assuming Deng can be moved)
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 7:56 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Meaning you have to get the 2 max this summer. Can't do 1 now and 1 next summer if Randle goes beyond that cap hold... right? (assuming Deng can be moved)

Randle with a salary above $16 million for the 2019 - 20 season is the level when the numbers start getting tight for a split two Max plan.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Julius Randle continuing to put in that work

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bif_QTAH4Py

https://streamable.com/eqf8r

with Tyler Relph.

Lakers Nation video on what the youngsters are up to this off-season thus far

Was coming here to post his training with Tyler Relph, dangit MJST
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject:

I can enjoy watching former Lakers, but I can't remain a "true" fan of them. I'd like to remain a Julius Randle fan. Really, really hope we bring the guy back.

I also hope he's working on his ball handling, right hand and 3pt shot. I think he could be even better getting to the rim off the dribble if his handle was tighter.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
I can enjoy watching former Lakers, but I can't remain a "true" fan of them. I'd like to remain a Julius Randle fan. Really, really hope we bring the guy back.

I also hope he's working on his ball handling, right hand and 3pt shot. I think he could be even better getting to the rim off the dribble if his handle was tighter.

Agree totally. I appreciate he’s in the gym already, dude has that work ethic and i app appreciate it. It’ll help him with his jumping and general quickness which should help on both ends.

The real opportunity for Randle to improve though has to do with his shooting. There is a lot of room for growth there and really the key to him becoming a starter on a playoff team vs just a guy putting up numbers on a lottery team. I hope his offseason dedication includes as much shooting as it does physical training.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Agree totally. I appreciate he’s in the gym already, dude has that work ethic and i app appreciate it. It’ll help him with his jumping and general quickness which should help on both ends.

The real opportunity for Randle to improve though has to do with his shooting. There is a lot of room for growth there and really the key to him becoming a starter on a playoff team vs just a guy putting up numbers on a lottery team. I hope his offseason dedication includes as much shooting as it does physical training.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Agreed, and I think his lack of shooting was more of Luke not wanting him to than his actual ability. At the end of the day, we need a dog on this team. Randle is our enforcer who makes the opposition think twice about thinking they can push us around. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he improves on his deficiencies because of the heart and improvement he's shown thus far.
Aike
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

I think you continue to underrate Randle. He is without a doubt “starter on a playoff team” quality already. Not his fault that most of the rest of the team isn’t yet at his level.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
22 wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Agreed, and I think his lack of shooting was more of Luke not wanting him to than his actual ability. At the end of the day, we need a dog on this team. Randle is our enforcer who makes the opposition think twice about thinking they can push us around. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he improves on his deficiencies because of the heart and improvement he's shown thus far.

Agreed. I’ve heard this from Luke and Julius at various times. That they just want him to get to the basket.

I think it’s time he started letting it fly a bit more. I liked what I saw there this season. Just needs more green light and reps IMO
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject:

While I understand wanting improvements in on ball offense from him.
I want better command of the defense, better rotations and better off ball screens.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 5:32 am    Post subject:

Aike wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

I think you continue to underrate Randle. He is without a doubt “starter on a playoff team” quality already. Not his fault that most of the rest of the team isn’t yet at his level.

Has nothing to do with my personal opinion of him

Randle - 17th in BMP among PF’s who got significant minutes

There are 16 playoff teams, by definition he isn’t a starting quality PF on a playoff team..he’s close. Hence the need for improvement. That has nothing to do with playstyle or my personal opinion about how far a team can go in the playoffs with a PF who’s primary strength is finishing around the basket and who’s primary weakness is shooting.

For the record, the only starter we had that is good enough to be a starter on a playoff team, by this definition, is Lonzo Ball...who was 15th in BPM among PG’s.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 6:13 am    Post subject:

This will be randles season. He’s about to breakout on the NBA this upcoming season...I just don’t know if it will be in a laker jersey. Can we sign two stars and randle?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
This will be randles season. He’s about to breakout on the NBA this upcoming season...I just don’t know if it will be in a laker jersey. Can we sign two stars and randle?

Yes we can, but bruh the topic been beat to death so no need to post details on it again. Emplay wrote a good article on it if you're curious
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

He doesn’t even need to make many 3s just master the top of the key 3 and everything changes
Aike
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
Aike wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

There are 16 playoff teams, by definition he isn’t a starting quality PF on a playoff team..he’s close. Hence the need for improvement. That has nothing to do with playstyle or my personal opinion about how far a team can go in the playoffs with a PF who’s primary strength is finishing around the basket and who’s primary weakness is shooting.

For the record, the only starter we had that is good enough to be a starter on a playoff team, by this definition, is Lonzo Ball...who was 15th in BPM among PG’s.

Pretty clear that it has a great deal to do with your personal opinion of him. Otherwise, why go out of your way to nit pick single stats to barely “prove” your point?

Here’s a sampling of players with lower BPM than Randle this season: Paul Millsap, Myles Turner, Mirotic, Devin Booker, C.J. McCollum, Khris Middleton, Gortat. Any of those guys playoff team starter quality?
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Aike wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
Aike wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Pretty clear that it has a great deal to do with your personal opinion of him. Otherwise, why go out of your way to nit pick single stats to barely “prove” your point?

Here’s a sampling of players with lower BPM than Randle this season: Paul Millsap, Myles Turner, Mirotic, Devin Booker, C.J. McCollum, Khris Middleton, Gortat. Any of those guys playoff team starter quality?

I’m sorry if the statistical fact that Randle was the 113th best player in the NBA this season doesn’t fit your narrative that he’s a good player. He is the 17th best PF in the NBA. That’s great, he’s the #3 option an a .500 team.

As far as the guys on your list, I’m not going to take the time to rank them vs. those at their position but if they aren’t top 16, then if they did make the playoffs then they were carried. 5 starters the quality of julius randle last year do not make the playoffs, that’s the point. Are we interested in making the playoffs or defending and suggesting overpaying an average NBA player?
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
Aike wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
Aike wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

I’m sorry if the statistical fact that Randle was the 113th best player in the NBA this season doesn’t fit your narrative that he’s a good player. He is the 17th best PF in the NBA. That’s great, he’s the #3 option an a .500 team.

As far as the guys on your list, I’m not going to take the time to rank them vs. those at their position but if they aren’t top 16, then if they did make the playoffs then they were carried. 5 starters the quality of julius randle last year do not make the playoffs, that’s the point. Are we interested in making the playoffs or defending and suggesting overpaying an average NBA player?

Quote:
16 playoff teams, by definition he isn’t a starting quality PF on a playoff team..he’s close

So, you are saying that all 16 playoff teams had the 1 to 16 best PF's in the NBA? Was the PF position that top heavy where only the teams with the best PF's in the NBA mad the playoffs? Or did some of those teams have talent at other positions?

Your statement doesn't make sense.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
Aike wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
Aike wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Dude is not worth paying unless they have Lebron type player to cover for his major weakness. I'm thinking you pay this guy the max he'll just get you stuck in making the playoffs but never beating or matching the elite teams cause he can't shoot and his defense isn't good enough.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject:

PG13 wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
Aike wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
Aike wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Quote:
16 playoff teams, by definition he isn’t a starting quality PF on a playoff team..he’s close

So, you are saying that all 16 playoff teams had the 1 to 16 best PF's in the NBA? Was the PF position that top heavy where only the teams with the best PF's in the NBA mad the playoffs? Or did some of those teams have talent at other positions?

Your statement doesn't make sense.

I’m sure a fair amount of starters on playoff teams in the early rounds are not top 16, but just means they got carried.

5 starters of Julius quality as starters on a team is not a playoff team, I think that’s pretty straightforward and easy to understand. For every Julius in the starting rotation there needs to be a better player in comparison to his peers at another position. Unless he improves, he is hurting not helping...if he takes a lot of our Cap, even worse.
Aike
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
Aike wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
Aike wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

You’re the one with the anti-Randle narrative, and it’s patently obvious. Gotta chuckle at you “statistical fact” based on exactly one measure.

You could note that BPM is notoriously bad at measuring defensive contribution. Kevin Durant comes in at 139 on defense, for instance. Chris Paul is 127. Randle is 148. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist is 175. Lemme guess, this is “statistical proof” that they are all poor defenders?

You could have noted that Randle was 94th this year in WS/48. Or that he was 74 in VORP. Or 56 in PER. But oops, those look like the numbers of a playoff quality starter. Good thing you dug up “statistical proof” though.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1418, 1419, 1420 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1419 of 1536
Jump to: