The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1434, 1435, 1436 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:14 pm    Post subject:

Dick$tallion wrote:
Hello Sir.

Which of my assertions about Randle are incorrect?

Thank you

Pretty much all of them. If I had time or cared enough to refute them I would. But something’s tells me that would a waste, so good day
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Dick$tallion wrote:
I hate Randle’s game. I think he put up (bleep) numbers on a bad team. It’s nothing personal against him, I think he gives a lot of effort and works hard but he simply doesn’t have the talent or natural atheletic ability to warrant a contract that exceeds 10 mil per season.

- He cannot shoot outside of 5 feet away from the rim

- He’s undersized for the type of game he wants to play.

- Hates to pass

- Very average defender

- plays under the rim. Severely limited athletically at the age of 23 (could be wrong on his age)

I am of the opinion that Randle would not see the court on a playoff team where there are star level players. He adds no value to a Lebron led lineup. Doesn’t shoot pass or protect the Rim.

Sure He can develop a shot and learn to play better team ball. But I’m not paying top dollar for a player with those deficiencies. Especially one that doesn’t have any athletic upside

Then we probably should trade all our young players because they will all have deficiencies when they hit RFA.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Dick$tallion wrote:
Hello Sir.

Thank you

That he is severely limited offensively, plays under the rim and hates to pass. Those are pretty inaccurate statements.

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dick$tallion
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject:

I apologizing for besmirching your man crush with facts. I was the same way with my favorite players as well when I was in grade school. No response necessary. I get it
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Dick$tallion wrote:
I apologizing for besmirching your man crush with facts. I was the same way with my favorite players as well when I was in grade school. No response necessary. I get it

You were factual when you said he doesn’t shoot well from distance and he has too many TOs which you didn’t mention. Those other things aren’t accurate once Randle’s leg healed. But you don’t like his game so we shouldn’t expect accuracy.
Dick$tallion
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Dick$tallion wrote:
Hello Sir.

Thank you

That he is severely limited offensively, plays under the rim and hates to pass. Those are pretty stupid statements.

Stupid?

I Believe he shoots less than 35% from beyond 5 feet away from the rim. If that doesn’t demonstrate limitations offensively I’m not sure what would.

The under the rim comments are purely eye test. Other than dunking on Zeller (which shocked me) I cant remember seeing him go up and finish strong. What I do see is a lot of lay ups. That’s fine. But at his age that lack of explosiveness is concerning.

Randle is a pass last option player. That is undeniable. If you don’t see that then you are blinded by loyalty to him
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Richard Horseman said its time to come in here and give us the HARD FACTS

the NAKED TRUTH if you will

fam says they will not fall for the LONG con that is the pre free agency stats EXPLOSION

Richard says the idea that Randle is UP AND COMING is a farce guise

Horseman only sees BANGING in the post in his future

various other weebus related puns/content
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject:

I'm not by any stretch, the biggest Randle supporter on the board, and I have a comment history to prove it. I just wrote the other day about how I felt I didn't want to give Randle a $20 million deal, without some performance incentive based caveats; basically prove you can shoot more effectively.

But consider that some team, maybe Dallas, Chicago, Atlanta, etc. have been reported to have interest in Randle, and the market may well say he is worth $20 million a year. The Lakers held onto Randle last year, and deemed DLO to be the player they were willing to let go instead of Randle. Then factor in how much Randle has improved in physical conditioning, and his defense has improved greatly, and can switch onto almost any 1-4 position matchup as well as some of the best defenders in the NBA. Also Randle is a quiet man, a family man, works very hard, and has improved significantly. Odds are, he is going to become a very good player, maybe not an all-star, but a very productive 15-20 ppg, 10-12 rebound PF/small ball center.

Now fit may be a factor - maybe Magic feels if they land Lebron, they would rather have Lopez instead of Randle. But somebody is going to pay Julius a lot of money for four years, he is not worthless....very far from it.
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject:

one's assumption/perception is one's reality. Thats all we have when evaluating our players. That being said, can we S&T Randle to the Spurs along with another? (apologies if this has already been answered)
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Just for fun

Quote:
Julius Randle
@J30_RANDLE
I gotta play in dyckman this summer! @KyleAnderson5 what up??
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Just for fun

Quote:
Julius Randle
@J30_RANDLE
I gotta play in dyckman this summer! @KyleAnderson5 what up??

That'd be interesting to see

http://thesource.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Dyckman.jpg

Wonder if he'd hit the game winner.
DrumR
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Dick$tallion wrote:
Hello Sir.

Thank you

Pretty much all of them. If I had time or cared enough to refute them I would. But something’s tells me that would a waste, so good day

Every single one. But dont take our word on it. There's plenty of statistics to support the leap he made, but I suspect you're also the I don't believe in those type.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:12 am    Post subject:

This Julius Randle debate is silly imo. It’s really simple to explain why he deserves to get paid max this summer and that’s because nobody can guard him. Nobody can stop him from getting where he wants to go even though they know exactly what he wants to do.

Pay him
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:25 am    Post subject:

Dick$tallion wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Dick$tallion wrote:
Hello Sir.

Thank you

That he is severely limited offensively, plays under the rim and hates to pass. Those are pretty stupid statements.

Stupid?

I Believe he shoots less than 35% from beyond 5 feet away from the rim. If that doesn’t demonstrate limitations offensively I’m not sure what would.

The under the rim comments are purely eye test. Other than dunking on Zeller (which shocked me) I cant remember seeing him go up and finish strong. What I do see is a lot of lay ups. That’s fine. But at his age that lack of explosiveness is concerning.

Randle is a pass last option player. That is undeniable. If you don’t see that then you are blinded by loyalty to him

you are either a troll or you stopped watching Lakers basketball since 2017.

Quote:
This season as a whole has been a career year for Randle, as he’s improved in almost every single statistical category.

Since the 2015-16 season, he’s improved his points per game by 3.8, his assists by 0.7, and his TS% by a whopping 12.3. Randle’s value has also increased exponentially, as his PER and Win Shares totals have gone up each year.

His PER was 13.9 in 2015-16, 16.3 in 2016-17, and 19.9 during this season. His PER of 19.9 for the season actually puts him in front of names like DeAndre Jordan, Paul George, and Kyle Lowry. With WS, Randle has gone from 1.6 in 2015-16, to 3.5 in 2016-17, and finally to 4.6 in this season. The 23-year-old just continues to get better and better as he gets older.

All in all, he has been an above average big this year and you see that when you look at the numbers. There are only four players in the NBA this year averaging 15.0/7.0/2.0 with a TS% over 60.0. Those four players are Karl-Anthony Towns, Anthony Davis, LeBron James, and Julius Randle.

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:02 am    Post subject:

Look at his name + hot takes...

I'd say troll is very likely.
JohnDoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:49 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Dick$tallion wrote:
I hate Randle’s game. I think he put up (bleep) numbers on a bad team. It’s nothing personal against him, I think he gives a lot of effort and works hard but he simply doesn’t have the talent or natural atheletic ability to warrant a contract that exceeds 10 mil per season.

- Hates to pass

- Very average defender

- plays under the rim. Severely limited athletically at the age of 23 (could be wrong on his age)

I am of the opinion that Randle would not see the court on a playoff team where there are star level players. He adds no value to a Lebron led lineup. Doesn’t shoot pass or protect the Rim.

Sure He can develop a shot and learn to play better team ball. But I’m not paying top dollar for a player with those deficiencies. Especially one that doesn’t have any athletic upside

You’re either

A) a troll

B) Blind

C) someone who’s pet was killed by Julius

Lol
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:09 am    Post subject:

Dick$tallion wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Dick$tallion wrote:
Hello Sir.

Thank you

Stupid?

Sir.

From 10-16 feet, last year:

BLopez 42.7%
KKuzma 36.4%
JRandle 35.1%
BIngram 35.0%
KCPope 32.7%

Andl you can look the assists total yourself!

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
Dick$tallion wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Dick$tallion wrote:
Hello Sir.

Thank you

Stupid?

Sir.

BLopez 42.7%
KKuzma 36.4%
JRandle 35.1%
BIngram 35.0%
KCPope 32.7%

Why stop at 10-16 though?
Can you list the 3 pt% as well?
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
lakerican wrote:
Dick$tallion wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Dick$tallion wrote:
Hello Sir.

Thank you

Stupid?

Sir.

BLopez 42.7%
KKuzma 36.4%
JRandle 35.1%
BIngram 35.0%
KCPope 32.7%

Everybody knows what Julius shot in very few attempts, mostly in clock ending situations, but if you like, you can do it yourself, it is not that dificult
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
epak wrote:
lakerican wrote:
Dick$tallion wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Dick$tallion wrote:
Hello Sir.

Thank you

Stupid?

Sir.

BLopez 42.7%
KKuzma 36.4%
JRandle 35.1%
BIngram 35.0%
KCPope 32.7%

Everybody knows what Julius shot in very few attempts, mostly in clock ending situations, but if you like, you can do it yourself, it is not that dificult

Naw. I'm for Julius.
But the guy's assertion was "away from 5 ft." Not "away from 5 ft and within 16 ft." Just thought it odd that you stopped there.

Did you also take into consideration the shot freq for the 10-16 ft range?
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
lakerican wrote:
epak wrote:
lakerican wrote:
Dick$tallion wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Dick$tallion wrote:
Hello Sir.

Thank you

Stupid?

Sir.

BLopez 42.7%
KKuzma 36.4%
JRandle 35.1%
BIngram 35.0%
KCPope 32.7%

Naw. I'm for Julius.
But the guy's assertion was "away from 5 ft." Not "away from 5 ft and within 16 ft." Just thought it odd that you stopped there.

Look, I made the table about the bold and it demostrate he is not a black hole outside 5ft. The one who is a black hole outside of 16ft is CCapela who has never in his carreer made a 3pt shot and last year didn't try one shot from 16ft to the 3pt line.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:01 am    Post subject:

Dick$tallion wrote:

- Hates to pass

- Very average defender

I don't really disagree with your post. However I do think he improved this season on his tunnel vision. He gave it up more often when the lane wasn't there, but of course he still has his usual bulldoze offensive foul at least once a game. Also I thought he was more explosive around the rim, especially with a running start. But he'll never be an above the rim guy.

Randle will be overpaid and there's no denying that, it's just a matter of how much he'll be overpaid. But it's too late at this point. We can't afford to let him walk for nothing. Just have to hope it'll be an amount that will be tradeable down the road. Randle is just an awkward fit in today's NBA. I do like the physicality he brings though.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the math on page one. It looks like if they pull off an Asik deal (MUCH more realistic than Deng) say 25 and Chicago's 2nd next year they'll be close but still need help. It would be about a 3.6M stretch hit annually (compared to 7.2 for Deng, almost unrealistic to rid him all together). With the pick gone and two centers renounced they'd save 1.7M, so you're looking at LBJ and George to EACH take just short of 900k off of their first year numbers. Man if it's that close I'd hope they'd do it.

Last edited by fansincemagic on Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
epak wrote:
lakerican wrote:
epak wrote:
lakerican wrote:
Dick$tallion wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Dick$tallion wrote:
Hello Sir.

Thank you

Stupid?

Sir.

BLopez 42.7%
KKuzma 36.4%
JRandle 35.1%
BIngram 35.0%
KCPope 32.7%

Naw. I'm for Julius.

Look, I made the table about the bold and it demostrate he is not a black hole outside 5ft. The one who is a black hole outside of 16ft is CCapela who has never in his carreer made a 3pt shot and last year didn't try one shot from 16ft to the 3pt line.

You're the only one that used "blackhole."
Guy said "He cannot shoot outside of 5 feet away from the rim." Then said "I Believe he shoots less than 35% from beyond 5 feet away from the rim."

Anyway. I think it would be wiser to attack the other parts of his statements instead of that one.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:58 am    Post subject:

Guess Nets not a destination for Randle
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1434, 1435, 1436 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1435 of 1536
Jump to: