The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1503, 1504, 1505 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:17 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
pokoy wrote:
MJST wrote:
Lazy defensive game and he showed the good and bad of point-Jules, but it's fun to see him flying up and down the court playing bullyball while creating. Julius always did want to be Lebron.

Imagine the Lakers running a death lineup with LeBron at the 4 and Julius at the small ball 5.

Oh, MJST, I did imagine it for a few days this past July. It would've been glorious more often than not.

ETA: imagine Julius and Lebron at the elbows in all the horns sets the Lakers are going to run over the next four years.

Gawd if we had just forced him to play here (I mean he was freaking restricted, and in a contract year).... Aside from outside shooting, Randle would fix our other weakness.

The idea that Julius wouldn't complement Lebron was silly to me. A more skilled, quicker Tristan Thompson would do just fine next to LBJ.

Without the off court baggage that Tristan brings too.

So far, at least. There are a lot of Kardashians.

Last edited by Baron Von Humongous on Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:22 pm    Post subject:

If Randle can complement players why are the Pelicans struggling to win games in the preseason? If they get off to a bad start I can see them dangling Randle in December...
DA1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
If Randle can complement players why are the Pelicans struggling to win games in the preseason? If they get off to a bad start I can see them dangling Randle in December...

Pels miss Rondo's presence a lot
pokoy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Not looking for him to carry a team, we just need a physical presence who can rebound and play small ball 5. He would have fit in with us this season perfectly.

We should never have given into his or Mintz’s demands. Qualifying offer or nothing. He would have come around and played well for us, then made his money next season as a UFA.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

It's preseason.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:30 am    Post subject:

Mintz really screwed over his clients and the Lakers.
fbasketball4
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: GOODBYE JULIUS RANDLE (Lakers Renounce Randle at his request, Who Then Signs W/ NOR for 2 years (1+1), $18m)

Go4thaGold wrote:
Welcome big dog! They will regret it!!

Fantasy basketball is a fairly simple game. You select a team and fill out a roster. You succeed or fail based on how well your players perform in certain categories.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

If the Lakers have Lebron why are they struggling to win games in the preseason?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

If the Lakers have Lebron why are they struggling to win games in the preseason?

I would say the Lakers should be better then 2-3 the Clippers game we had no PG to run a unit with Zo and Rondo out, the Denver games were fairly even but Luke went with his dumb experimental line ups...
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject:

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
pokoy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject:

If he becomes a legit three point threat, he is going to be impossible to cover.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
If he becomes a legit three point threat, he is going to be impossible to cover.

We've been saying that for years now.

At best, maybe he can be a 30% 3 point shooter but it's never his instinct to shoot. Luckily for the Pels they have Mirotic who will let it fly from 3. I don't think Jules is going to be pressured to shoot jumpers as that is not his bread and butter. He will be a physical presence to protect AD.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Randle didn't even start the last game, and AD finally played well as a result (AD's shot distance chart indicates he prefers to operate within 16', preferably 10').

Before last night's game, AD was shooting 43% from the field, only really dominating vs Alex Len. NO still lost to a Raptors team who sat multiple guys (Kawhi, Lowry, JV, Ibaka, Van Vleet, Green, Wright, Powell), while at full strength themselves. Barely even won the first quarter.

Preseason or not, there are no positive signs for this pairing. Randle will be coming off the bench. I'm sure we can all name players who have extended their range from 17' to three, but extending Julius' range from about 17" to the arc isn't possible.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Pels tested Julius off the bench with Mirotic playing Center...

Randle put up 20/11/4 in 24 mins
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:11 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

If that man actually played center, Alvin Gentry must have a college job lined up.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:17 am    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
MJST wrote:

If that man actually played center, Alvin Gentry must have a college job lined up.

I think Gentry was just testing it, cause Mirotic was doing his best poor-man's Pau impression in the last game at center with Jules playing the 4. I don't think it's a full time solution, and I think Davis has excelled at the 5 as of late and should/shall remain there.

Otherwise Gentry having a college job coming up soon would be true
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:13 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Not looking for him to carry a team, we just need a physical presence who can rebound and play small ball 5. He would have fit in with us this season perfectly.

We should never have given into his or Mintz’s demands. Qualifying offer or nothing. He would have come around and played well for us, then made his money next season as a UFA.

Lakers had massive chemistry problems last year and that was just because Randle wasn't starting. It took a locker room meeting plus promoting Randle to the starting lineup to solve that.

I don't even want to think of what it would do to the team, if we had forced him to come back against his will with a qualifying offer.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Vanquish wrote:
pokoy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Lakers had massive chemistry problems last year and that was just because Randle wasn't starting. It took a locker room meeting plus promoting Randle to the starting lineup to solve that.

I don't even want to think of what it would do to the team, if we had forced him to come back against his will with a qualifying offer.

Not to mention he would be coming off the bench. He didnt want to hear that. And he is coming off the bench anyway.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:

there's many a player who will be deadly if they somehow added 3 point accuracy
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Shot is looking good early.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:52 pm    Post subject:

He's been a beast so far. Hit two 3’s, been a force around the rim, and played good defense on Paul on a switch. I'm getting depressed all over again...
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
He's been a beast so far. Hit two 3’s, been a force around the rim, and played good defense on Paul on a switch. I'm getting depressed all over again...

Looks like it, I'm watching and he deserves more minutes.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject:

bandiger wrote:
Judah wrote:

Looks like it, I'm watching and he deserves more minutes.

NO's lead ballooned when he checked in, then HOU got back in it once he went to the bench.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject:

one of the dumbest move getting rid of randle
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
one of the dumbest move getting rid of randle

'We wanted to get guys who are tough. We wanna play even faster than we did last year.'

Yeah, I can see how he wouldn't have fit with that vision at all...

But I'm happy that he's now with a franchise that actually appreciates him. He's up to 17 points in the first half.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1503, 1504, 1505 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1504 of 1536
Jump to: