The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1507, 1508, 1509 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Again, there was a very easy route to keep Randle on a long term 12-13M a year contract. All it would have took was trading Deng+2 1st round picks+Max Cash for a large useless exp. k. There were a ton of them in this summer

Iman Shumper
ZBo
T.Chandler
Faried
J.Lin
Omer Asik
Jared Dudley

The Kings and their lack of draft picks would have been a good trading fit with 1 of ZBO/Koufos/Shumpert coming back

Which would you rather have, 2 picks in the 20's or Randle? Not to mention we would have still had 10-12M to spend on a free agent like Tyrkeke Evans+ still the room excepiton
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
He's only playing 24 minutes a game in New Orleans and coming off the bench. So I don't think either of those would be an issue. I would guess more than anything he just felt unwanted.

This. It's simple.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject:

he just showin off now
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:59 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
https://youtu.be/tRhaVwVcIUM?t=58

he just showin off now

Man clearly has nothing to offer Lebron.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Randle/McGee
LeBron/Kuzma
Ingram/T.Evans
KCP/J.Hart
L.Ball/Napier

WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Again, there was a very easy route to keep Randle on a long term 12-13M a year contract. All it would have took was trading Deng+2 1st round picks+Max Cash for a large useless exp. k. There were a ton of them in this summer

Iman Shumper
ZBo
T.Chandler
Faried
J.Lin
Omer Asik
Jared Dudley

The Kings and their lack of draft picks would have been a good trading fit with 1 of ZBO/Koufos/Shumpert coming back

Which would you rather have, 2 picks in the 20's or Randle? Not to mention we would have still had 10-12M to spend on a free agent like Tyrkeke Evans+ still the room excepiton

You wouldn’t have to choose. Teams didn’t want to trade deng for first rounders they wanted players.

“I asked them, ‘Well what were you asking for?’ and they said, ‘Well we wanted one of Ingram, Ball, Hart, at a minimum Kuzma, and we wanted another first-round pick, or give us two kids and no pick, or two first-round picks.’ But the two first-round picks, that was a little less desirable for those teams because those are going to be late-20s picks, just any team with LeBron that’s where you’re gonna be. So it really turned into, you’re giving up at least one of the kids plus a first-round pick or two of the kids and that was just to get off Deng’s money.”

https://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-rumors-teams-asked-lonzo-ball-josh-hart-and-first-round-draft-picks-potential-luol-deng-trade/2018/07/24/

Teams wanted at minimum a pick and a player or two players
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject:

WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Iman Shumper
ZBo
T.Chandler
Faried
J.Lin
Omer Asik
Jared Dudley

You wouldn’t have to choose. Teams didn’t want to trade deng for first rounders they wanted players.

“I asked them, ‘Well what were you asking for?’ and they said, ‘Well we wanted one of Ingram, Ball, Hart, at a minimum Kuzma, and we wanted another first-round pick, or give us two kids and no pick, or two first-round picks.’ But the two first-round picks, that was a little less desirable for those teams because those are going to be late-20s picks, just any team with LeBron that’s where you’re gonna be. So it really turned into, you’re giving up at least one of the kids plus a first-round pick or two of the kids and that was just to get off Deng’s money.”

https://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-rumors-teams-asked-lonzo-ball-josh-hart-and-first-round-draft-picks-potential-luol-deng-trade/2018/07/24/

I bet the Cavs didn't want to include a pick initially in the JC/Nance for IT deal.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject:

WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Iman Shumper
ZBo
T.Chandler
Faried
J.Lin
Omer Asik
Jared Dudley

That was likely for pure cap space. In my scenario we would be taking back a large contract (expiring) also.
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Iman Shumper
ZBo
T.Chandler
Faried
J.Lin
Omer Asik
Jared Dudley

I bet the Cavs didn't want to include a pick initially in the JC/Nance for IT deal.

No they didn’t the report was when the lakers asked for the first rounder Cleveland wanted Nance. I’m sure the lakers didn’t want to include him but that’s the way trades go. There is a difference of what you would have done and if the other team would have accepted
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Iman Shumper
ZBo
T.Chandler
Faried
J.Lin
Omer Asik
Jared Dudley

That was likely for pure cap space. In my scenario we would be taking back a large contract (expiring) also.

In the magic interview he said he wished about the trade for deng. I’m sure if we could come up with all these trade proposals on this board a front office could look at teams with cap space and teams with expiring contracts and do the same. My guess is as Rob said there is a price and it’s a laker price they weren’t willing to pay
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Exactly. I doubt they were willing to move multiple 1st's to dump Deng. Even if it meant keeping Randle while maintain enough cap space for another max. I don't agree.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Perfect small ball center who can rebound, something we need. And considering the monster game he put up against Lebron, it's interesting all the brain power of Magic, Rob and Lebron couldn't figure out that Randle was a must keep. I'd dump Lance and Beasley and give Randle all that money.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:45 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

Iman Shumper
ZBo
T.Chandler
Faried
J.Lin
Omer Asik
Jared Dudley

I’m not sure how “easy” it would be to trade Deng for cap space. Knicks found nothing for Noah this summer. At least they got Deng to take some money out. I think teams were not enthused with late 20s pick to take back Deng. I’d anything teams traded bad deals for bad deals (see suns/rox).
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Iman Shumper
ZBo
T.Chandler
Faried
J.Lin
Omer Asik
Jared Dudley

I’m not sure how “easy” it would be to trade Deng for cap space. Knicks found nothing for Noah this summer. At least they got Deng to take some money out. I think teams were not enthused with late 20s pick to take back Deng. I’d anything teams traded bad deals for bad deals (see suns/rox).

Deng for pure cap space? I agree. That probably would have been a hard find. But Deng+multiple 1sts+cash for a large useless exp K like Asik, ZBo, Koufos, Shumpert? Would have been more realistic & maybe even an overlay from the Lakers POV

Deng/Draft picks/5M cash for Shumpert. With Deng’s buyout number, that would have been about the Kings taking on 13M for 2 1sts. The Nuggets were able to unload 21M (Faried/Arther) on the Nets for only 1 1st..
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Iman Shumper
ZBo
T.Chandler
Faried
J.Lin
Omer Asik
Jared Dudley

Deng for pure cap space? I agree. That probably would have been a hard find. But Deng+multiple 1sts+cash for a large useless exp K like Asik, ZBo, Koufos, Shumpert? Would have been more realistic & maybe even an overlay from the Lakers POV

Deng/Draft picks/5M cash for Shumpert. With Deng’s buyout number, that would have been about the Kings taking on 13M for 2 1sts. The Nuggets were able to unload 21M (Faried/Arther) on the Nets for only 1 1st..

Not to mention Deng may have left some money on the table in a trade to get out of LA similar to what we saw from Anderson going from Houston to Phoenix.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:22 am    Post subject:

^^ I included the 7M he gave up for the Lakers. Might have been willing to give up a little more at the beginning of the summer when more options would have been available to him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject:

It does all come down to Deng. Whether the price was palatable or not it all comes back to that ill fated signing.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Kumar
@FearTheBrown
Small sample size, but
@J30_RANDLE
is featured in 4 out of 5 of the Pels best defensive duos. He's been hell of a pick up to say the least.

https://twitter.com/FearTheBrown/status/1053690155574398977
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject:

this why I need to be in the lakers front office folks
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
this why I need to be in the lakers front office folks

Well Chaz got a job so there’s always hope
pokoy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject:

This thread is depressing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Perfect small ball center who can rebound, something we need. And considering the monster game he put up against Lebron, it's interesting all the brain power of Magic, Rob and Lebron couldn't figure out that Randle was a must keep. I'd dump Lance and Beasley and give Randle all that money.

KCP money should have gone to Randle.

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject:

giordan0 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

KCP is on a one year contract.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:20 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
giordan0 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

KCP is on a one year contract.

I understand them letting him go but he was restricted they still had some control
MedRomLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:26 am    Post subject:

FO needs to own this major (bleep) up, there was no excuse for letting randle leave period. We need a bench center bad and JR would be PERFECT off the bench right now. He was a restricted agent we didn't have to let him go. stupid move by magic.

4/30/14 the day the ant left the building!!!!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1507, 1508, 1509 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1508 of 1536
Jump to: