The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1521, 1522, 1523 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Lakers fans are amazing, man. That culture there, me being able to experience that my first four years in the league is pretty incredible. I had a lot of fun, and hopefully they know that.

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticLA/status/1075964074096238592

Randle in purple and gold next year, confirmed

He still calls the Lakers "my teammates" too.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Did you see after a FT he slapped hands with his teammates then with Kuz.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:39 pm    Post subject:

I miss him. The Randle fan in me wants the Pels to be competitive so I can watch Randle in the playoffs & finally having fun on a winning team.

The Laker fan in me wants the Pels to be terrible for our AD chances. Ah well.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject:

At this point it's expected he puts up 20/10 even on an off-night

23/11/4 1 Block 2 Steals tonight on 52% from the field and 50% from three.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
At this point it's expected he puts up 20/10 even on an off-night

23/11/4 1 Block 2 Steals tonight on 52% from the field and 50% from three.
feels bad man
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Randle 23/11/4 vs Rockets

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Julius Randle vs Power Forwards in the Western Conference (with AD at center).

Scoring: 1st
Rebounding: 1st
Assists: 2nd
Double Doubles: 1st
MPG: 7th

Ladies, Gents and Laker Nation.. with Anthony Davis now playing Center, Julius Randle is now this season, statistically the best Power Forward in the Western Conference...despite being only at 7th in minutes per game..

This should undoubtedly be his first all-star season.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Ladies, Gents and Laker Nation.. with Anthony Davis now playing Center, Julius Randle is now this season, statistically the best Power Forward in the Western Conference...despite being only at 7th in minutes per game..

He probably won't get an all star nod. But he will have a nice pay day and hopefully a better team to join as a FA.

Pels are a dying franchise.
naha
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: GOODBYE JULIUS RANDLE (Lakers Renounce Randle at his request, Who Then Signs W/ NOR for 2 years (1+1), $18m)

Go4thaGold wrote:
Welcome big dog! They will regret it!!

1 plus.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

2nd worst team on the WC, though
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
MJST wrote:

2nd worst team on the WC, though

Davis is the leader of that team and that doesn't stop Lakers fans from wanting him, so what was the point of that statement? That it's Randle's fault?

yinoma2001 wrote:

He probably won't get an all star nod. But he will have a nice pay day and hopefully a better team to join as a FA.

Pels are a dying franchise.

All and all in the West, I don't see why he wouldn't get the all-star nod. Outside of Davis (whom is a Center now) there hasn't been a better Power Forward in the Western Conference this season.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject:

Quote:
All and all in the West, I don't see why he wouldn't get the all-star nod. Outside of Davis (whom is a Center now) there hasn't been a better Power Forward in the Western Conference this season.

Pretty tough to justify an all star berth with the 2nd worst record in the conference (to be fair, it's tight but that's where they stand).

AD will get the fan vote and coaches vote regardless, which sounds paradoxical and unfair but he has a longer track record.

He won't get the popular votes, and I think coaches will vote elsewhere.

If I'm Jules, keep gunning for that big payday next summer.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Pretty tough to justify an all star berth with the 2nd worst record in the conference (to be fair, it's tight but that's where they stand).

AD will get the fan vote and coaches vote regardless, which sounds paradoxical and unfair but he has a longer track record.

Plus the distinction of being a "power" forward means nothing in All Star voting. All frontcourt players are lumped together. As a frontcourt player, he will have to claim one of 6 spots (3 from fans, 3 from coaches) with an opportunity to claim one of two additional wild card slots (from the coaches).

Here's the competition:
LeBron James
Anthony Davis
Paul George
Nikola Jokic
Kevin Durant
Luka Doncic
Karl Anthony Towns
LaMarcus Aldridge
DeMar Derozan
Marc Gasol

Assume James, Davis, and Durant get the fan votes. It comes down to the coaches. George and Jokic are locks. The chances of the coaches granting two All Stars to the second worst team in the West seems like quite a stretch, and they'd have to snub guys on winning teams in order to do it.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Plus the distinction of being a "power" forward means nothing in All Star voting. All frontcourt players are lumped together. As a frontcourt player, he will have to claim one of 6 spots (3 from fans, 3 from coaches) with an opportunity to claim one of two additional wild card slots (from the coaches).

Here's the competition:
LeBron James
Anthony Davis
Paul George
Nikola Jokic
Kevin Durant
Luka Doncic
Karl Anthony Towns
LaMarcus Aldridge
DeMar Derozan
Marc Gasol

Assume James, Davis, and Durant get the fan votes. It comes down to the coaches. George and Jokic are locks. The chances of the coaches granting two All Stars to the second worst team in the West seems like quite a stretch, and they'd have to snub guys on winning teams in order to do it.

The only guy outside of James, Davis, and Durant, George and Jokic would be Towns and Aldridge. Randle's been better than Aldridge this season. So it would come down to Towns vs Randle.

Which coincidentally is happening right now.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Here's the competition:
LeBron James
Anthony Davis
Paul George
Nikola Jokic
Kevin Durant
Luka Doncic
Karl Anthony Towns
LaMarcus Aldridge
DeMar Derozan
Marc Gasol

The only guy outside of James, Davis, and Durant, George and Jokic would be Towns and Aldridge. Randle's been better than Aldridge this season. So it would come down to Towns vs Randle.

Which coincidentally is happening right now.

I'm not arguing your opinion that he's better or not than other guys. I'm saying there is a very narrow window for him to make it and once it's in the hands of the coaches they are extremely unlikely to reward someone playing on the second worst team in the conference.

I also forgot about Tobias Harris, who I think is more likely to get a selection than Randle.
Aike
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:31 pm    Post subject:

33 and 11 tonight in a win with AD out. Couple of threes. Ho hum.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject:

Sure he can score and rebound, and I'm sure he is not the only one to blame, but his Defense is atrocious and is a major contributor to the Pelicans having the 14th worst record in the West (with only the Suns being lower) and the Pelicans being ranked 26th worst defensively, in the entire NBA (out of 30 Teams)!

So while having a PF that can put up 20 & 10 sounds awesome, I would rather see the Lakers go in another direction instead of bringing him back...!

Cheers!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:29 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Sure he can score and rebound, and I'm sure he is not the only one to blame, but his Defense is atrocious and is a major contributor to the Pelicans having the 14th worst record in the West (with only the Suns being lower) and the Pelicans being ranked 26th worst defensively, in the entire NBA (out of 30 Teams)!

So while having a PF that can put up 20 & 10 sounds awesome, I would rather see the Lakers go in another direction instead of bringing him back...!

Cheers!

The Lakers have gone in another direction, a PF who doesn’t put up 20 and 10 who plays poor defense.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject:

I'm thinking that the only reason Randle has started 17 of the 37 games he has played in, is that Mirotic (started 22 of 25 games) is the preferred PF, but has been injured..
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:42 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Cheers!

The Lakers have gone in another direction, a PF who doesn’t put up 20 and 10 who plays poor defense.

I also think the Lakers could've brought Julius back and still been a top-10-ish defense while getting the benefit of Randle's 20/10 nights. As you note, would Julius really drag down this team's defense more than Kuz or Stephenson?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:43 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
I'm thinking that the only reason Randle has started 17 of the 37 games he has played in, is that Mirotic (started 22 of 25 games) is the preferred PF, but has been injured..

Mirotic would be the second best player on the Lakers.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject:

wow... Randle is pretty impressive... really confusing why Magic ang Pelinka let him go...
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:08 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Cheers!

at least he got to punch CP3.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:41 am    Post subject:

missing Randle, he really worked his butt off last season to get to where he's at
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:29 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Cheers!

at least he got to punch CP3.

No, he didn’t
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1521, 1522, 1523 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1522 of 1536
Jump to: