The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 178, 179, 180 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
im taking a break from this basketball season...... lost all excitement..

I'm almost there with you. One more injury and I'm through until next season. It's a depressing roster to watch.
driver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject:

So at 19, he now becomes a 20 yr old rookie. Still technically quite young in regards to the standard draft age.

But the excitement of the season is sucked out.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject:

cant say that was surprising.

Curious if anyone made out what Jeannie Buss said when the camera panned to her?

She looked like she got kicked in the gut and was trying to keep it composed.

Rough day for her too. First go on air and basically said she lost her cool, then see Randle go down
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Just curious, do the Lakers eat this years salary or does insurance cover it?
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Janggoon8 wrote:
30 wrote:
Watching the clip I do not think the kicking broke his leg. I think the force at which he tried to go up broke his leg but it coincidentally happened at the same time as the kicking.

Watch :06 and :16-:17. The exact moment that his leg whacked his other leg is when his leg bent. His leg seemed fine the second he planted his right leg. It seemed as though #20 from the Rockets kinda nudged him so his left leg had no room to move up.

That may be the case, but have you considered the fact that his leg broke from the plant and when he kicked the leg the bone moved.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:

Curious if anyone made out what Jeannie Buss said when the camera panned to her?

Rough day for her too. First go on air and basically said she lost her cool, then see Randle go down

The air was definitely let out the building after Randle was carted out. The whole bench, including Scott, were shaking their collective heads long after the injury. My jaw was set on the ground and couldn't even concentrate on the rest of the game. I'm still shaking my skull with this one.

Kiss my Converse.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:

She said Phil come here and make the pain go away. Or something to that effect.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
rybee wrote:
Quote:
DrRobertKlapper: JULIUS RANDLE.His Fracture will heal with EXTRA Bone called Callus.Tibia will be STRONGER than before break. Plays next season at 100%NOFEAR

Is it just me, or does Dr. Klapper always say that every Laker will always come back stronger than before the break?

Yup. Dude's homer. Last night he said that Randle would be back by 3 to 4 months. Now he says he's done for the season. Which one is it Dr.Klapper?

I remember Klapper saying the same thing after Nash suffered his broken leg. He didn't take into account the nerve ending symptoms.

I don't think it's just a homer thing. He said the same thing about Paul George too. Maybe he's just a positive guy?
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Good. Blake Griffin took his entire rookie season off, recovered, didn't try to rush back and you can see how that went. I shall look forward to seeing JR go OFF next season.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
One outlook people aren't looking at is that it's saying "2014-2015" season... that means he can still return to the playoffs if the Lakers are fortunate to get there... I don't see any report that says he will miss the post-season as well.

You mean the Finals.

Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject:

How many games does a player have to play to officially have a year of NBA games played? Will Randle be a rookie next year?
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
rybee wrote:
Quote:
DrRobertKlapper: JULIUS RANDLE.His Fracture will heal with EXTRA Bone called Callus.Tibia will be STRONGER than before break. Plays next season at 100%NOFEAR

Is it just me, or does Dr. Klapper always say that every Laker will always come back stronger than before the break?

Yup. Dude's homer. Last night he said that Randle would be back by 3 to 4 months. Now he says he's done for the season. Which one is it Dr.Klapper?

I remember Klapper saying the same thing after Nash suffered his broken leg. He didn't take into account the nerve ending symptoms.

It doesn't matter what he says. He is not Julius Randle's tibia, nor is he Julius Randle's will to recover, nor is he Julius' actual doctor.

You obviously want certainty in a recovery time estimate. I can tell you with reasonable certainty that you just won't get that.
Who Takes The Blame
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
before he went under the knife Wednesday morning, he was visited by James Harden and Trevor Ariza ... who stopped by to check up on the 19-year-old.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/10/29/james-harden-trevor-ariza-julius-randle-hospital-after-brutal-leg-injury/#ixzz3HaA1R2IB

Class right there
Atticus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
rybee wrote:
Quote:

It doesn't matter what he says. He is not Julius Randle's tibia, nor is he Julius Randle's will to recover, nor is he Julius' actual doctor.

You obviously want certainty in a recovery time estimate. I can tell you with reasonable certainty that you just won't get that.

People misinterpreting here. Last night he didn't say Randle will be back in 3-4 months -- he said like PG, Randle will be able to move around and take jumpers in 3-4 months. I.e. he will be in a cast for 3 months and will be largely immobile, but he'll be 'back' in the sense that he can walk around and shoot in 3-4 months. Rehab will be several months after that. The nerve issue that Nash had was specific to him and his age and Nash had a hairline fracture not a clean break of the bone.

And this isn't Dr. Klapper's opinion -- the bone will heal back stronger than it was before. That's why with sports injuries clean breaks are always preferred to torn ligaments. I'd be more concerned if an athletic guy like Randle had to come back from a torn ACL/MCL or an achilles. But with bone breaks the bone will heal back stronger. Again, PG13 broke his knee in 2 places -- tibia and fibula -- and he was shooting jumpers 3 months later on the dot. The only thing that is going to take a while is rehab, but the following people have had broken bones and returned better than ever:

Blake Griffin (fractured his kneecap landing on a completely uncontested dunk in a preseason game), Michael Jordan, Worthy, Mychal Thompson, Kenyon Martin, among many others -- and soon George and Randle will be back. Again, this would be WAY worse if it was a ligament or tendon injury as opposed to a bone break. Basically it sucks for us because Randle was one of the main reasons to watch this team, but in the long run this may be better for him -- more time to get into good shape (stationary bike after the bone heals), eat well, practice his jumper, and observe the game from afar before joining us at camp next year.
RMurphy_22
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Hate to say I called the injury back in July after first game, but damn I'm good sometimes...not that I'm happy about this.
RMurphy_22 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
RMurphy_22 wrote:
Anthony Mason is a great comparison too..though he's was much quicker than Randle. In the video he's checking a prime Vince Carter. Between Coleman and Mason, Randle will be a fun player to watch grow.

I think Randle's quicker than Mason. All Mason does on VC in that video is go under a screen...he's not moving his feet and staying with him. Either way, ya, it's going to be fun watching Randle grow.

I think Mason moves his feet quicker, then again he was in prime NBA condition then and Randle is looking for his legs still. Also seems to me that Randle can drop some weight, looks a bit top heavy. I also have a bit of fear his legs are a little thin for his frame, hopefully he builds his legs up a bit more. I love the potential, hopefully tomorrow night we can see a little more touches in the post with his back to the basket.

Off topic..any chance Warriors leave Macadoo off roster...he impressed also

audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject:

make Vitti the head coach and lets get this tank rolling
JamezAmp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject:

rybee wrote:
Quote:

Yeah this. I knew it was severe when it happened so I was hoping it was break as opposed to an Achilles. What a (bleep) thing to hope for 1st damn game of the season
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject:

JamezAmp wrote:
rybee wrote:
Quote:

Yeah this. I knew it was severe when it happened so I was hoping it was break as opposed to an Achilles. What a (bleep) thing to hope for 1st damn game of the season

I'm just happy he has a chance to come back 100 percent. For a while i was fearing he'd be done career wise or have lingering issues forever. grateful he might be 100 percent next year.
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Who Takes The Blame wrote:
Quote:
before he went under the knife Wednesday morning, he was visited by James Harden and Trevor Ariza ... who stopped by to check up on the 19-year-old.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/10/29/james-harden-trevor-ariza-julius-randle-hospital-after-brutal-leg-injury/#ixzz3HaA1R2IB

Class right there

Already recruiting him
Spoolxx
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
How many games does a player have to play to officially have a year of NBA games played? Will Randle be a rookie next year?

Once he stepped on the court. Even if he only played 12 secs in a regular season game.
rybee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Mike_Bresnahan: Byron Scott said he spent some time with Randle after last night's game "basically just holding him and listening to him cry."

SlickVic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Man, how sad is it that we aren't even shocked by this. Bad luck begets more bad luck.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
im taking a break from this basketball season...... lost all excitement..

I'm almost there with you. One more injury and I'm through until next season. It's a depressing roster to watch.

I was excited to watch as much basketball as ever, ordered league pass to watch other teams - other rookies. ..now I'm bitter!lol i don't want to watch other rookies, don't even wan't to watch any teams right now. very bitter.
also, 100% in on the tank now, no good can come from this season for the Lakers.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject:

I thought of Blake Griffin when we drafted Julius. Our very own exciting high pick power forward who will turn the franchise around. Ironically, remember Blake also had a leg injury his rookie year and Clipper fans had to wait a year.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:18 pm    Post subject:

I hope Randle takes this time to work on his upper body strength and get his body right.

Hopefully, he watches what he eats in his downtime.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 178, 179, 180 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 179 of 1536
Jump to: