The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 185, 186, 187 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:28 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Randle is a better prospect than anyone in this upcoming draft. But then again this upcoming draft is pretty darn weak

The only guy in this draft that I'd take over JR is Okafor. But I think they're both in the same tier. It's close
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:35 am    Post subject:

I'm just skeptical of the injury randle sustained. It's especially tough on big guys.. I guess only time will tell, I hope it's not something that will affect him mentally.. I remember the look on his face when it happened, disbelief, disappointment, overwhelmed
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:44 am    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
I'm just skeptical of the injury randle sustained. It's especially tough on big guys.. I guess only time will tell, I hope it's not something that will affect him mentally.. I remember the look on his face when it happened, disbelief, disappointment, overwhelmed

First game of your career for the most storied franchise that you've grown up rooting for in a season where you were the second biggest story line to kobe... I think that's what that look was. Not some "oh my god I'm done" look

Anyway, can't wait to get Ju back.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:50 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Sting wrote:
how good do you guys really think randle can be. injury scares, limited length, ok athlete, known for bull ball but everyone in the nba is big and strong

He'll be a star if he can stay healthy.

I value your opinion. That means a lot coming from you; question. Do you think he could play the 3 for spurts?
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:59 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
marga86 wrote:

First game of your career for the most storied franchise that you've grown up rooting for in a season where you were the second biggest story line to kobe... I think that's what that look was. Not some "oh my god I'm done" look

Anyway, can't wait to get Ju back.

agreed.

Was so heartbroken to watch em go down
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:22 pm    Post subject:

I want a Julius Randle for Jabari Parker swap before next season.

I think Jabari will end up being the better player of the two but right now their value is pretty much the same since they both had season ending injuries their rookie year.

Bucks depth chart has Jabari at the 4. Bucks should just take randle at that position instead since they have Giannis, Middleton, and Dudley already at the wings.

In addition to being the better player down the road, I think Jabari is a better fit for us as well (at the 3). Since we have power forwards a plenty and some are bound to return.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't. I see big things in J30's future.

Not to mention that trade is pure pipe anyways lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:28 pm    Post subject:

I'm sticking with Jules, too.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Any chance, like any chance at all, that he could play the last month of the season?
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Any chance, like any chance at all, that he could play the last month of the season?

He'd probably be healthy by then. I don't know if the management would do it, though.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:34 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:

Those two comments seem contradictory.
Maybe you aren't the only one who sees big things in his future. There has to be some chance Milwakuee's GM feels the same way. I'm sure they weren't expecting Middleton and Giannis to develop as much as they have. And maybe their opinion of Randle vs Parker changed since draft day and both their injuries.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:35 pm    Post subject:

I hope Randle comes back very healthy and ready mentally and physically for the rigors of a long season. He has seen the guys in practice, and I hope he comes back with intensity.

He has had plenty to learn this season, and I hope he has learned a lot about what to do and what not to do.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

danzag wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

He'd probably be healthy by then. I don't know if the management would do it, though.

Yeah health wise I think he could, but management isn't going to risk anything
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

Chronicle wrote:

Not worth it even if reasonably healthy. Guys will be in full NBA mode while he comes in basically needing to find his legs. Injury potential right there.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
22 wrote:

Maybe you aren't the only one who sees big things in his future. There has to be some chance Milwakuee's GM feels the same way. I'm sure they weren't expecting Middleton and Giannis to develop as much as they have. And maybe their opinion of Randle vs Parker changed since draft day and both their injuries.

It's not contradictory. The first is my opinion. I project J30 to be a better prospect than Jabari.

The second is the likelihood of the trade happening. When has a trade like that ever happened? Secondly, if Mil really wanted Julius they could have drafted him.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:40 pm    Post subject:

If philly was smart they'd offer us noel or embidd for randle.

PG.mudyia
SG.MCW
SF.bah a munte
PF.randle
C.noel

they have no direction what so ever.

we'd have

PG.clarkson
SG.kobe
SF.jimmy (offer him as much as we can)
PF.towns
C.embidd
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:51 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
22 wrote:

It's not contradictory. The first is my opinion. I project J30 to be a better prospect than Jabari.

The second is the likelihood of the trade happening. When has a trade like that ever happened? Secondly, if Mil really wanted Julius they could have drafted him.

Tbh, I don't think the Lakers' FO would even make that trade. And nor should they. Randle is our future.

Kiss my Converse.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject:

EchoZulu wrote:
22 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
22 wrote:

Tbh, I don't think the Lakers' FO would even make that trade. And nor should they. Randle is our future.

Concur 100%
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:30 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
22 wrote:

I don't think it's likely either.
But I do think both players have near equal trade value, and that won't be the case moving forward.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
22 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
22 wrote:

But I do think both players have near equal trade value, and that won't be the case moving forward.

Exactly, Randle's value will be higher

just messin with ya, but I really do prefer Randle
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:22 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
22 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
22 wrote:

Exactly, Randle's value will be higher

just messin with ya, but I really do prefer Randle

lol. I can tell.
I do think it's a toss up who will be the better player.
It's tough meeting expectations as a lotto pick.
And it's even tougher to recover from a season ending injury as a rookie.
But Randle and Jabari have upside. I just see them thriving at different positions.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Randle will be back better then ever and prove all the doubters wrong that wants him traded or to sign Love in FA. He's going to be a force once he gets healthy.
Lakers2001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:56 pm    Post subject:

Anybody find it interesting that every team that has been in trade talks with the lakers have all requested Randle?

After wacthing some more earlier highlights of this guy im super impressed. He's a PF and has almost as good of handles as the top Pick Wiggins.
Will2Win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:14 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Randle will be back better then ever and prove all the doubters wrong that wants him traded or to sign Love in FA. He's going to be a force once he gets healthy.

I agree, Randle has a wonderful skillset that actually is pretty unique to many of the players that came in. I mean the guy is not only a great bruiser, but he has great handles, is extremely quick, and all his work in progress stuff is easily fixable and just add more to his weaponry. All the other players are very proto-typical to their positions at this point.

Also I hope we don't get Love, its not that I don't believe he is an All-star, because he is. I just don't want him because he is a walking injury machine, and you never know when his back spasms will act up (we already have delt with enough back issues: "Nash")
Lakers2001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:18 am    Post subject:

A dynamic PG with Randle would scare alot of teams out west.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 185, 186, 187 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 186 of 1536
Jump to: