The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 186, 187, 188 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Misaeng
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:07 am    Post subject:

Sorry to be that guy but Randle hasn't impressed me yet. Based on the what I saw of him in preseason and the videos on youtube though. He just gives me the feeling that he's not what you all are hyping him up to be. I think he'll be a decent and maybe even good player but he's not the superstar franchise leading kind of player you all are expecting.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:00 am    Post subject:

Misaeng wrote:
Sorry to be that guy but Randle hasn't impressed me yet. Based on the what I saw of him in preseason and the videos on youtube though. He just gives me the feeling that he's not what you all are hyping him up to be. I think he'll be a decent and maybe even good player but he's not the superstar franchise leading kind of player you all are expecting.

For some on this board he is going to be better then malone/barkley
Lakers2001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:15 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Misaeng wrote:

I am impressed with him and how all these Gms are trying to get Mitch to trade him. Cle would trade Love for him in a heart beat. Hes not a Malone or Barkley you may be right on that. I do feel hes a 1B option type that would benefit from having a good playmaker PG. Kinda like Portland now.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:08 am    Post subject:

Lakers2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Misaeng wrote:

I am impressed with him and how all these Gms are trying to get Mitch to trade him. Cle would trade Love for him in a heart beat. Hes not a Malone or Barkley you may be right on that. I do feel hes a 1B option type that would benefit from having a good playmaker PG. Kinda like Portland now.

what all GMs are u talking about? Ainge trying to shoot in the dark and seeing if it hits?

noway in hell Cavs trade for a guy who is out for entire year when they are planning/trying to win this yr.

Lol Cavs just traded 2 no. 1 picks and will accept a no 7 injured pick hahhaha
U super funny dude

Before randle becomes 1B option he need to play 50games and prove he can stay oncourt for consistent period
Potato-Mania
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:22 am    Post subject:

I wouldn't trade him but I will say that we should wait to see what he can bring before crowning him.

As of now it seems like a lot of people are setting themselves up for failure.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:28 am    Post subject:

Potato-Mania wrote:
I wouldn't trade him but I will say that we should wait to see what he can bring before crowning him.

Can't wait til he makes a play like your avi
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:45 am    Post subject:

Potato-Mania wrote:

I would be v happy to eat the crow. Just too tired of people like dave20 who make it seem like he is 2nd coming of malone/Barkley

I would be happy if he can play at Lamar's level
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:30 am    Post subject:

I'm one of those who thought his upside was maybe? borderline allstar but not superstar status. Interesting thing though, sitting out the year may be the best thing that could have happened to him. Expectations will be lowered next year, plus, there could be another top 5 pick on the team, allowing him to develop more organically - make mistakes, study film, slowly improve month over month... shades of Blake Griffin sitting out his first season and coming back and putting up good numbers on a bad team. I think Julius will play less minutes next season though, probably around 20-25 before he gets gassed.

Looking at the other rookies now, I'm glad we drafted Julius. Rumor is, Joel Embiid is up to 300 pounds! not showing up for workouts and so on... Andrew Bynum II apparently... poor Sixers, they seem to be cursed at the Center slot...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Potato-Mania wrote:

Can't wait til he makes a play like your avi

Agreed 100%
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Offensively Randle is going to be a force. Almost no doubt about that. Once he gets a reliable 18-footer, teams are going to have to game plan their defenses around stopping him. Too quick, too strong, handles, vision, he's a load.

Where it's not clear he will have a true superstar impact is on the defensive end. He will be a good rebounder, so net positive looks likely. But if he struggles defending the post against bigger forwards, or with guarding SFs on the perimeter, he tops out as 2nd or 3rd best player on a title contender.

With only one college season under his belt, and losing his rookie year to injury, Randle will be behind the curve in this area. Hopefully he's been able to digest the mental aspect of NBA defense while rehabbing. But it's going to take a while for him to really establish himself on that end of the floor.
Spoolxx
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Lakers2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Misaeng wrote:

lmao. No they wouldn't.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Misaeng wrote:

I doubt it. For starters Randle is not blessed with the D, its something to develop. Secondly, Barkley and Malone all proven all stars and in the HOF.

Players are not given a free pass to the HOF based on potential, could be's, would be's, etc. They need to go out and earn the HOF.. Randle has done absolutely nothing in the NBA.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:33 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Misaeng wrote:

I doubt it. For starters Randle is not blessed with the D, its something to develop. Secondly, Barkley and Malone all proven all stars and in the HOF.

Players are not given a free pass to the HOF based on potential, could be's, would be's, etc. They need to go out and earn the HOF.. Randle has done absolutely nothing in the NBA.

You don't say.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:43 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
deal wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Misaeng wrote:

You don't say.

Right. Ummmm. neither had Magic, Kobe, Bird, Jordan, and every sucky and great legend that has every played in the NBA BEFORE they played in the NBA.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:48 pm    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
If philly was smart they'd offer us noel or embidd for randle.

PG.mudyia
SG.MCW
SF.bah a munte
PF.randle
C.noel

they have no direction what so ever.

we'd have

PG.clarkson
SG.kobe
SF.jimmy (offer him as much as we can)
PF.towns
C.embidd

if we were smart, we'd know Jimmy Butler isn't going anywhere. And if Philly wanted Randle over Embiid, they could've drafted him. How would a season mending a broken leg change their mind?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:25 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
watchME wrote:
If philly was smart they'd offer us noel or embidd for randle.

PG.mudyia
SG.MCW
SF.bah a munte
PF.randle
C.noel

they have no direction what so ever.

we'd have

PG.clarkson
SG.kobe
SF.jimmy (offer him as much as we can)
PF.towns
C.embidd

if we were smart, we'd know Jimmy Butler isn't going anywhere. And if Philly wanted Randle over Embiid, they could've drafted him. How would a season mending a broken leg change their mind?

With Embiid being overweight now and work ethic issues already, they should consider it. But we shouldn't hahaha
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject:

does Randle still have to do rookie duties?

like carrying bags, picking up food, etc

Or does he escape that fate?
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Potato-Mania wrote:

I would be v happy to eat the crow. Just too tired of people like dave20 who make it seem like he is 2nd coming of malone/Barkley

He has the skillset, athletic ability, and alpha mentally to be close to the caliber player of Barkley/Webber. Health is the only thing slowing him down. His floor is much higher then Odom, he's a physical specimen and a go to option. He's going to be a force offensively if he can stay healthy.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:03 pm    Post subject:

injuries is about the only thing that can stop randle.
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:45 pm    Post subject:

might be crazy, but i really do think i'd take an injured julius (and even him being possibly injury prone) over the 3 guys that went ahead of him. i'd still take him over aaron gordon, marcus smart, and exum.

i think had he not broken his leg, he'd probably be averaging something like 11/6 by now.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:24 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Potato-Mania wrote:

He has the skillset, athletic ability, and alpha mentally to be close to the caliber player of Barkley/Webber. Health is the only thing slowing him down. His floor is much higher then Odom, he's a physical specimen and a go to option. He's going to be a force offensively if he can stay healthy.

Physical specimen at 6'9 playing PF position? Lol no
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:38 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Potato-Mania wrote:

Physical specimen at 6'9 playing PF position? Lol no

hes a bull, the fastest quickest bull at his position. He's a specimen
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:49 am    Post subject:

Idk why Julius has so many haters on this board. I guess some people choose to focus on his flaws rather than his potential. He showed in preseason that he is one of a kind at his position. He has all the tools to become a superstar and I believe he'll ascend to that level one day
ISOM
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:52 am    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
Idk why Julius has so many haters on this board. I guess some people choose to focus on his flaws rather than his potential. He showed in preseason that he is one of a kind at his position. He has all the tools to become a superstar and I believe he'll ascend to that level one day

It is weird why he has so many haters especially on a lakers forum. Even if Randle doesn't meet expectations I don't know what is the problem with believing in the hype.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:23 am    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:

Nobody is a hater. Its overhyping a kid who hasnt finidhed a single regular NBA game is what i hate

He has to consistently profuce to be a star before being a superstar right?
Heck Klay Thompson is not a star yet & that kid is dropping 37 a qtr
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 186, 187, 188 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 187 of 1536
Jump to: