The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 187, 188, 189 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ISOM
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:27 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Inverse wrote:
Idk why Julius has so many haters on this board. I guess some people choose to focus on his flaws rather than his potential. He showed in preseason that he is one of a kind at his position. He has all the tools to become a superstar and I believe he'll ascend to that level one day

Nobody is a hater. Its overhyping a kid who hasnt finidhed a single regular NBA game is what i hate

He has to consistently profuce to be a star before being a superstar right?
Heck Klay Thompson is not a star yet & that kid is dropping 37 a qtr

No one is calling Randle a star. All the talk has been about is potential. He has star potential. And people should be able to be excited about it without a bunch of naysers saying that they are wrong.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:43 am    Post subject:

F.Y.I.

Julius Randle has hired CAA's Aaron Mintz and Steve Heumann as his agents. They also represent Chris Paul, Paul George, Tony Parker, etc.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:47 am    Post subject:

ISOM wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Inverse wrote:
Idk why Julius has so many haters on this board. I guess some people choose to focus on his flaws rather than his potential. He showed in preseason that he is one of a kind at his position. He has all the tools to become a superstar and I believe he'll ascend to that level one day

Nobody is a hater. Its overhyping a kid who hasnt finidhed a single regular NBA game is what i hate

No one is calling Randle a star. All the talk has been about is potential. He has star potential. And people should be able to be excited about it without a bunch of naysers saying that they are wrong.

This. But people will complain no matter what *sigh*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject:

I have no idea how people can watch Paul milsap succeed in the NBA and play at an all-star level this season and not think that randle will be a problem. They have the exact same style of play and the only difference is randle hasn't extended his in-game shot out to 3 yet. randle is stronger, faster, better handle, and younger. Personally I think randle is already as good as milsap is right now minus the experience.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:26 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
I have no idea how people can watch Paul milsap succeed in the NBA and play at an all-star level this season and not think that randle will be a problem. They have the exact same style of play and the only difference is randle hasn't extended his in-game shot out to 3 yet. randle is stronger, faster, better handle, and younger. Personally I think randle is already as good as milsap is right now minus the experience.

and randle is a better passer.

Randle definitely needs to work on his screen setting though. They were atrocious in SPL lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:33 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

and randle is a better passer.

Randle definitely needs to work on his screen setting though. They were atrocious in SPL lol

Yea his screens were terrible now that I think about it. That's one thing I really hope the coaching a staff fixes asap. It will help the offense run a lot more smoothly.
prefuse1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:56 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
ISOM wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Inverse wrote:

I really don't understand why Jim complains so much, this isn't the first time that NBA fans has compared a rookie to one of the greats before. Like one of the biggest of em all, rookie Kobe to MJ.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:20 pm    Post subject:

prefuse1 wrote:
22 wrote:
ISOM wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Inverse wrote:

I really don't understand why Jim complains so much, this isn't the first time that NBA fans has compared a rookie to one of the greats before. Like one of the biggest of em all, rookie Kobe to MJ.

Beats me too
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:44 am    Post subject:

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2015/2/10/8014873/julius-randle-out-of-walking-boot-on-monday
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:50 am    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2015/2/10/8014873/julius-randle-out-of-walking-boot-on-monday

thanks bro
Lakerpark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject:

I was just wondering....

All this talk about Randle being a star, superstar or whatever...I can't recall many PFs being the high scoring superstar, #1 option, etc....

The last one I was thinking of might be Karl Malone. Chris Bosh? Blake Griffin?

Just off the top of my head, PFs don't seem like the dominant types...they are usually the blue collar guys.

As good as he was, even KGarnett was not a scoring machine.

It just seems like the PF position is so dependent on others to feed them and they are expected to do so much other stuff that it takes away from their scoring.

Unlike the SFs, SGs and an occasional center, it seems like PF's are not your typical scoring machine types.

Am I making any sense?
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Lakerpark wrote:
I was just wondering....

All this talk about Randle being a star, superstar or whatever...I can't recall many PFs being the high scoring superstar, #1 option, etc....

Just off the top of my head, PFs don't seem like the dominant types...they are usually the blue collar guys.

It just seems like the PF position is so dependent on others to feed them and they are expected to do so much other stuff that it takes away from their scoring.

Unlike the SFs, SGs and an occasional center, it seems like PF's are not your typical scoring machine types.

Am I making any sense?

If you watch this youtube clip of his preseason highlights.

Randle doesn't need to be set up to score. He can score from the perimeter, or beat his man of the dribble or score by posting up. Randle is a triple threat honestly and at his position that is a superstar in the making. He just needs to continue to improve all aspects of his game but watching him from summer league to preseason you would have already saw that his game progresses very rapidly.
Lakerpark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
Lakerpark wrote:
I was just wondering....

Am I making any sense?

Randle doesn't need to be set up to score. He can score from the perimeter, or beat his man of the dribble or score by posting up. Randle is a triple threat honestly and at his position that is a superstar in the making. He just needs to continue to improve all aspects of his game but watching him from summer league to preseason you would have already saw that his game progresses very rapidly.

I agree with you. I was just wondering if the responsibilities of a PF makes it hard to focus all one's energy on just scoring. It seems that something has to be sacrificed...Scoring, rebounding, defense....it must be hard to do all three at 100%.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Lakerpark wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
Lakerpark wrote:
I was just wondering....

Am I making any sense?

I agree with you. I was just wondering if the responsibilities of a PF makes it hard to focus all one's energy on just scoring. It seems that something has to be sacrificed...Scoring, rebounding, defense....it must be hard to do all three at 100%.

So you're asking what part of his game will be sacrificed to be the player we believe he will become? Well I have no idea. I'm sure his scoring and rebounding will be fairly consistent as he develops so you can say probably his defense is what worries people the most.
Khacho
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:16 pm    Post subject:

I hope Kobe and Randle spend some time together while they are both recovering, build some chemistry and hopefully some of Kobe can rub off on the kid.
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:

I just noticed Randle has his right leg in some kind of sleeve in the beginning of these clips. Same leg he broke. Was his leg potentially an issue for longer than we knew? Or was it just BBall swag.
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Lakerpark wrote:
I was just wondering....

Am I making any sense?

Huh? You heard of Dirk? Or Lamarcus Aldridge?

Besides, none of those power forwards had Julius' skillset. He's pretty unique in that regard.
Dylandogg
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:36 pm    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:
Lakerpark wrote:
I was just wondering....

Am I making any sense?

Besides, none of those power forwards had Julius' skillset. He's pretty unique in that regard.

Charles Barkely is another. But they do seem to be less common than wing scorers.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:

why is bob stookey in a lakers jersey? thought he died last season from the bite
mbright
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Have no doubt Randle will get his offense sooner or later.
But his rebounding is a concern in the SL. Isn't he a beast on the glass in college?
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:45 pm    Post subject:

mbright wrote:
Have no doubt Randle will get his offense sooner or later.
But his rebounding is a concern in the SL. Isn't he a beast on the glass in college?

I think he was averaging 7-8 rebounds in summer league and preseason. I wouldn't worry much.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Dylandogg wrote:
misterrunon wrote:
Lakerpark wrote:
I was just wondering....

Am I making any sense?

Charles Barkely is another. But they do seem to be less common than wing scorers.

I'd bet good money that Randle will at least be a 2nd option on offense. Like you said, it's more common for wings to have a big role now; but Randle should develop into something of a point-forward.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Assuming Kobe doesn't play that many games next year because of injuries or limited minutes, I think Randle will eventually be the #1 option on offense next year.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:12 pm    Post subject:

IMO randle will sacrifice offensive rebounding because his game is peremeter oriented. He's going to be On on the peremeter setting picks most of the time and shooting jumpers more than being under the basket in position to rebound. He will make up for it on the defensive end because the coaches will allow him to push and get us out in transition after he grabs a rebound. Still I don't think he will ever average double digit rebounds. He will avg around 7-8 per game
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:16 pm    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:
Lakerpark wrote:
I was just wondering....

Am I making any sense?

Blake is probably the closest to JR's skill set.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 187, 188, 189 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 188 of 1536
Jump to: