The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 252, 253, 254 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:00 am    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:
It's wild how the same people on this "trade Randle" kick are the same ones who are butt hurt about the current situation which was directly caused dumping assets for overpriced established names.

We're not winning at title ANYTIME soon. The Lakers could end up getting Love and Durant this off season and we still wouldn't be winning a tittle for the next two seasons.

it's nonsensical to trade young assets before we know exactly what we have. For all we know Randle could end up being a better player than Towns or Okafor. Hell Clarkson could end up being better than all three of them. We don't know, because they're still developing as players.

People need to chill and understand it's going to take time. There isn't a single player out there that attainable that can instantly turn things around for the Lakers.

Those that think the Lakers should trade Randle are those who have little understanding of what Mitch sees for the future. Take it as that.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:04 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
If the Lakers know for sure Kevin Love is gonna commit to sign here.... which should be known around draft time... then I think there is a very good chance Randle gets moved for either the Knicks 4th pick or a really good star player.... the reality some fans in here don't get is that the NBA is a business and with that comes making bold decisions/sacrifices.

Not in the real world
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:06 am    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
governator wrote:
If Lakers do sign Love then we def in desperation win now mode. Might as well offer OKC the #2, Randle, Hill, #27 + filler(s) for the rehabbing Kevin Durant with contingency he sign extension (risk of damaged goods)

"Desperation" is the wrong word. You sign Love to add an all star to a stable of young players. You have to consider the Lakers are full of junk that nobody wants.

Now you will have ...

- #2 pick (Okafor/Towns)
- Randle
- Clarkson
- Love
- Kobe

That's a lot more enticing to the upcoming BIG FREE AGENTS like Durant and Westbrook.

I find little enticing about a guy with a bad shoulder and a bad back. Love is the guy who follows the star, ala Lebron, not the guy who stars follow, ala no one.
MagicMayun
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:11 am    Post subject:

I honestly don't think there is anyone in this draft that has the skillset or as good a chance to be a franchise player as Randle does. The LG crowd, and Laker fans in general, have forgotten how incredible this kid's skillset really is.

As I said in another thread, this kid has size, speed, handles, a nice post game, a very nice face up game, and an exceptional work ethic. He only fell in the last draft because of concerns about an old screw in his foot, which he just had repaired.

I honestly think this kid could be a franchise player and I would give him a better chance than either Towns or Okafor in that regard.

If you want to say injury concerns.... ok.... but he is a great athlete and has fully recovered according to reports.

I only bring this up because the way I look at it, whoever we take 1 or 2 will probably fall behind Randle in the pecking order of the future.
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:11 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
governator wrote:
If Lakers do sign Love then we def in desperation win now mode. Might as well offer OKC the #2, Randle, Hill, #27 + filler(s) for the rehabbing Kevin Durant with contingency he sign extension (risk of damaged goods)

"Desperation" is the wrong word. You sign Love to add an all star to a stable of young players. You have to consider the Lakers are full of junk that nobody wants.

Now you will have ...

- #2 pick (Okafor/Towns)
- Randle
- Clarkson
- Love
- Kobe

That's a lot more enticing to the upcoming BIG FREE AGENTS like Durant and Westbrook.

I find little enticing about a guy with a bad shoulder and a bad back. Love is the guy who follows the star, ala Lebron, not the guy who stars follow, ala no one.

As evidenced by the fact that NOBODY was going to Minnesota to play with Kevin Love.

That's not to mention the fact that despite the numbers Love put up the team never made the playoffs.

I'm honestly dumbfounded that anybody is considering throwing max money at Kevin Love. especially after how he played this past season.
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:18 am    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
governator wrote:

Now you will have ...

- #2 pick (Okafor/Towns)
- Randle
- Clarkson
- Love
- Kobe

As evidenced by the fact that NOBODY was going to Minnesota to play with Kevin Love.

That's not to mention the fact that despite the numbers Love put up the team never made the playoffs.

I'm honestly dumbfounded that anybody is considering throwing max money at Kevin Love. especially after how he played this past season.

Same. He is massively overrated. You don't throw max money to a guy who's good on offense but terrible on defense with no upside.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:19 am    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
governator wrote:

Now you will have ...

- #2 pick (Okafor/Towns)
- Randle
- Clarkson
- Love
- Kobe

But I will not deny that Love could be a nice investment as someone we look to deal down the line. Just the idea that he would leave Cleveland to come here screams that he is no kind of winner, so when we want to compete we would hope to have him off our roster.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:29 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Truck Turner wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
governator wrote:

Now you will have ...

- #2 pick (Okafor/Towns)
- Randle
- Clarkson
- Love
- Kobe

But I will not deny that Love could be a nice investment as someone we look to deal down the line. Just the idea that he would leave Cleveland to come here screams that he is no kind of winner, so when we want to compete we would hope to have him off our roster.

If you look at Love as an investment, there's some value there. Say you give him max or near max this year, that becomes a decent value contract after the cap increase. If he comes here and plays well, maybe 22/12, then you have a stud player on a decent contract. Then, you can elect to keep that guy if you like what he brings to the team, or if Randle plays really well, you can deal Love for other assets that cater to your needs.

I'm not a huge fan of Love as a player, but signing him is definitely better than punting, and arguably better than bringing in Green/Carrol and Koufus for instance, depends on your taste.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:33 am    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:
Truck Turner wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
governator wrote:

Now you will have ...

- #2 pick (Okafor/Towns)
- Randle
- Clarkson
- Love
- Kobe

Same. He is massively overrated. You don't throw max money to a guy who's good on offense but terrible on defense with no upside.

Yup.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:06 am    Post subject:

MagicMayun wrote:
I honestly don't think there is anyone in this draft that has the skillset or as good a chance to be a franchise player as Randle does. The LG crowd, and Laker fans in general, have forgotten how incredible this kid's skillset really is.

As I said in another thread, this kid has size, speed, handles, a nice post game, a very nice face up game, and an exceptional work ethic. He only fell in the last draft because of concerns about an old screw in his foot, which he just had repaired.

I honestly think this kid could be a franchise player and I would give him a better chance than either Towns or Okafor in that regard.

If you want to say injury concerns.... ok.... but he is a great athlete and has fully recovered according to reports.

I only bring this up because the way I look at it, whoever we take 1 or 2 will probably fall behind Randle in the pecking order of the future.

Classic case of out of sight, out of mind. I have no doubt Randle will prove everyone wrong here. I can't believe people want to trade this kid for players that are going 6-10 in this years draft...it's puzzling
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:40 am    Post subject:

I can't tell if it's because I'm a bias Laker fan or I actually think it.. but I'm very high on Julius. As in, I think he's on Wiggins/Parker level of potential.

I do know that if we had someone like Smart or Gordon instead of Julius, I wouldn't think so highly of those players.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:41 am    Post subject:

I wouldn't mind drafting Russell, keeping Randle and signing Love...but then what do we do about the center position? Should we try to trade Clarkson, #27 and #34 for a center? Who can we get?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:47 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
I wouldn't mind drafting Russell, keeping Randle and signing Love...but then what do we do about the center position? Should we try to trade Clarkson, #27 and #34 for a center? Who can we get?

If we draft DRuss we will spend our cap space on a center, be it a younger guy like DJordan (dubious) or vets like Chandler (maybe) or MGasol (dubious).
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:46 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:

If you look at Love as an investment, there's some value there. Say you give him max or near max this year, that becomes a decent value contract after the cap increase. If he comes here and plays well, maybe 22/12, then you have a stud player on a decent contract. Then, you can elect to keep that guy if you like what he brings to the team, or if Randle plays really well, you can deal Love for other assets that cater to your needs.

I'm not a huge fan of Love as a player, but signing him is definitely better than punting, and arguably better than bringing in Green/Carrol and Koufus for instance, depends on your taste.

Exactly, he can help with us improving short term and maybe make the playoffs and if we want to keep him, fine. If not, he will be on a nice contract that should be very tradable.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
scoobs wrote:

If we draft DRuss we will spend our cap space on a center, be it a younger guy like DJordan (dubious) or vets like Chandler (maybe) or MGasol (dubious).

So most likely more Jordan Hill. Bravo!
MagicMayun
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 12:03 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
scoobs wrote:

If we went Russell with #2, which I am not really in favor of, how about these options?

FA:
Gasol > DJ > Chandler

Draft Upshaw or Wood with #27
OR
Draft Christmas or Dakari Johnson with #34

Doesnt necessarily give us the C of the future, but if we cant get one of the FAs there are some rim protectors and decent options late in the draft.

Ultimately I think it would be foolish to go this direction instead of Towns/Oak though.
NomisR
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Those that think the Lakers should trade Randle are those who have little understanding of what Mitch sees for the future. Take it as that.

Are you suggesting that Mitch doesn't picture us having a team full of 30+ year old injured vets for the next 5 years?
NomisR
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 12:10 pm    Post subject:

MagicMayun wrote:

Well, there's defensive concerns and lack of outside shot concerns. Defense is largely due to conditioning which i'm sure the Lakers training staff can fix. Outside shot was just poor scouting since it wasn't featured in UK.

Okafor's defensive concerns were partly due to his ankle injury that caused him to lose some of his conditioning.. so it's not as big of an issue as well..
MagicMayun
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject:

NomisR wrote:
MagicMayun wrote:

Well, there's defensive concerns and lack of outside shot concerns. Defense is largely due to conditioning which i'm sure the Lakers training staff can fix. Outside shot was just poor scouting since it wasn't featured in UK.

Okafor's defensive concerns were partly due to his ankle injury that caused him to lose some of his conditioning.. so it's not as big of an issue as well..

The perception of Randle missing an outside shot has largely been perpetuated by this forum. His solid outside shot has been a big part of his game since high school, he showed it quite a bit in preseason last year and his latest workouts feature it as well. As you mentioned, at UK they didnt feature him outside of the post much. His scouting video has him shooting a few contested jumpers off the dribble, which is not something he would be doing in a pro offense.

go to the 1:00 min mark here
Seems he was coached between draft and preseason last year not to take shots off the dribble as it takes away his option to drive. When he sticks to shot fake - drive or shoot his outside game is much more effective.

His scouting report prior to the draft last year also listed him as a solid defender, so that is another assumption perpetuated by this board
Go to 7:43

I think I might be the biggest Randle proponent on this board, and proudly so as I think this kid has a combination of tools that can be unguardable. No matter who is drafted at #2, my bet is that Randle will be the better player.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:24 pm    Post subject:

I like Randle. And I think he'll keep getting better.
rybee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:21 am    Post subject:

Quote:
MarkG_Medina: Julius Randle doing some explosive drills http://t.co/Dr7LRExk4i

Quote:
LakersReporter: Julius Randle continues to progress and has been cleared for full contact half court 2-on-2 and 3-on-3 sessions. Next step: 4-on-4.
Vino24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:21 am    Post subject:

http://t.co/Dr7LRExk4i

https://vine.co/v/ebp2wTVu2dU

Randle doing some workouts! looking explosive
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:27 am    Post subject:

rybee wrote:
Quote:
MarkG_Medina: Julius Randle doing some explosive drills http://t.co/Dr7LRExk4i

Quote:
LakersReporter: Julius Randle continues to progress and has been cleared for full contact half court 2-on-2 and 3-on-3 sessions. Next step: 4-on-4.

Thanks fam! Here's some more for you all to enjoy

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/604004822593888256

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/604000343203028992
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:30 am    Post subject:

noooo not wayne ellington
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:42 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
noooo not wayne ellington

it's just for summer Chron
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 252, 253, 254 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 253 of 1536
Jump to: