The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 274, 275, 276 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdm43390
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:30 am    Post subject:

This [DELETED] thread, all hype smh. Won't believe it til I see it.
dmills
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:36 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
PrplReign wrote:
Larry Nance Sr. had absolutely huge hands. I have not looked for measurements and there hasn't been a very close shot of them, but the ease with which he gathers in a ball seems to indicate that he has very good hands if not also huge. Watching Larry Sr. and Brad Daugherty and the rest of that Cavs team play in the late 80s was a treat. They scared all the EC teams in the playoffs.

Yes, Jr. palms the ball on all of his dunks. Huge advantge

Along with the other huge advantage of the insane 12' 1.5" max vert reach (highest at the combine) ... And you have some pretty looking throwdowns on people.

That more than makes up for any jumping advantage BG may have. Do you realize how scary good this team can be if these young guys are allowed time to develop and reach their potential?
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Lakers could be scary good if they all develop. I like the Nance pick and Upshaw and I wasn't digging the Russell pick but I have turned around on that. Now I think we could be pretty exciting to watch.

Still hoping for a good C though
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:34 am    Post subject:

Dr J is in the gym this morning.

Julius Randle showing off some of his mid range

Julius Randle showing some of his mid range
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:59 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:

A bit flat
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:01 am    Post subject:

Mitch has changed his mind about Randle, compares him to Odom and says he can play multiple positions

Randle has begun practicing in preparation for Summer League in Las Vegas and according to Bleacher Report’s Kevin Ding, general manager Mitch Kupchak compared Randle favorably to a former Laker:

@KevinDing
Relevant to free agency: Kupchak compared @J30_RANDLE to Lamar Odom, saying: "I would hesitate to pigeonhole him at a position right now."

I remember when Mitch did his first presser about Julius after seeing him day by day. He expressed a little doubt Julius would be able to do what he did at the 3 but that he for sure could do it to other 4s as well as bring it up the court etc. After losing weight and workouts it seems Randle had changed Mitch's mind.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:01 am    Post subject:

The great thing about Randle's jumper, is that he is already way ahead of where Blake Griffin was in his rookie and sophomore seasons. He just needs to continue to work at it. A shooting coach may also help a bit.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:06 am    Post subject:

Julius Randle working with Lakers assistant Larry Lewis
https://twitter.com/MarkG_Medina/status/615595579603845120

Julius Randle throws down a dunk
https://twitter.com/MarkG_Medina/status/615596082966458370
Liam_x7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Needs to get that release higher man. Take a leaf out of Anthony Davis's book
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:28 am    Post subject:

JULIUS! Can't wait for summer league man
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:34 am    Post subject:

He still needs more arc on his J. Maybe needs to use more legs on it. I think he's going to be a guy that can hit the J in rhythm off dribble or step backs but will miss a lot of catch n shoot/open Js.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:42 am    Post subject:

PhoenixForce wrote:
He still needs more arc on his J. Maybe needs to use more legs on it. I think he's going to be a guy that can hit the J in rhythm off dribble or step backs but will miss a lot of catch n shoot/open Js.

That's what I was going to say. He looks better with it on off the dribble than he does catch and shoot. So it's just something he needs to work on.
HardButter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:52 am    Post subject:

Once he adjusts to NBA game speed and gets his rhythm under control he's going to be unstoppable.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:56 am    Post subject:

Hopefully he can hit those mid range shots in the game. Needs to keep working on his jump shot in game like conditions against Lewis.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:56 am    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:

That's what I was going to say. He looks better with it on off the dribble than he does catch and shoot. So it's just something he needs to work on.

Yeah, the jumper looks shaky still, but it's still good to see him putting in the work this summer.
Troublesome626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:45 pm    Post subject:

thanks for the videos. he looks healthy. i can't wait until summer league!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:08 pm    Post subject:

My absolute favorite Randle interview thus far. Great kid man.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/video/teams/lakers/2015/04/02/150402RandleVoicesmov-3562399

Apologies if already posted.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:18 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
32 wrote:

A bit flat

Yup. Ball doesn't even go higher than top of the backboard.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:23 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Mitch has changed his mind about Randle, compares him to Odom and says he can play multiple positions

Randle has begun practicing in preparation for Summer League in Las Vegas and according to Bleacher Report’s Kevin Ding, general manager Mitch Kupchak compared Randle favorably to a former Laker:

@KevinDing
Relevant to free agency: Kupchak compared @J30_RANDLE to Lamar Odom, saying: "I would hesitate to pigeonhole him at a position right now."

I remember when Mitch did his first presser about Julius after seeing him day by day. He expressed a little doubt Julius would be able to do what he did at the 3 but that he for sure could do it to other 4s as well as bring it up the court etc. After losing weight and workouts it seems Randle had changed Mitch's mind.

Randle will probably be a better scorer than Lamar, because Lamar never truly focused his talents on that and JR seems to. However, Lamar's ballhandling, instincts to pass to teammates, ability to grab rebounds, and his footspeed on D all smoke what I've seen of JR at the same age. Comparing Lamar at 19-20 when he was on the LAC - and JR, I think Lamar is a far far better basketball player. Randle to me is much more of a modern day 4, while Lamar was a PG/SF type who played 4 because of how big he was and that's where his best defensive position was.

That said, it's my comparison at the same ages. Lamar didn't achieve even 70 percent of what his talent corresponded to. Randle could wind up an all-star and better player. If for no other reason, he consistent drive to score the ball and work harder.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:26 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
MJST wrote:

@KevinDing

Randle will probably be a better scorer than Lamar, because Lamar never truly focused his talents on that and JR seems to. However, Lamar's ballhandling, instincts to pass to teammates, ability to grab rebounds, and his footspeed on D all smoke what I've seen of JR at the same age. Comparing Lamar at 19-20 when he was on the LAC - and JR, I think Lamar is a far far better basketball player. Randle to me is much more of a modern day 4, while Lamar was a PG/SF type who played 4 because of how big he was and that's where his best defensive position was.

Except Randle might show up in more than one of out three games like Lamar, one of the most frustrating Lakers because it what he could have really been
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject:

I agree he could be a more assertive player than Lamar.
Randle has a lot of talent, but his PG skills/versatility isn't on par with a 19 year old LO. And the other thing - wingspan, defensive foot speed. Lamar was a very gifted athlete.
I don't think the comparison fits to be honest. Think they'll be very different players.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:29 pm    Post subject:

Sojo wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
MJST wrote:

@KevinDing

Except Randle might show up in more than one of out three games like Lamar, one of the most frustrating Lakers because it what he could have really been

Pretty sure that's what he was getting at..
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:31 pm    Post subject:

I think LO didn't have a foot speed advantage over Randle, he is fast end to end. But I think LO is a good comparison, Randle has similar skills with a mature mind. I think Julius will be more of a scorer but less of a rebounder. What he does on D remains to be seen.

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
DipNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
nash wrote:
32 wrote:

A bit flat

Yup. Ball doesn't even go higher than top of the backboard.

Form looks mutter better from this close up angle doesn't seem that flat to me could use a little more arch though. https://www.twitter.com/DailyNewsVinny/status/615635261125308417
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:33 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
I agree he could be a more assertive player than Lamar.
Randle has a lot of talent, but his PG skills/versatility isn't on par with a 19 year old LO. And the other thing - wingspan, defensive foot speed. Lamar was a very gifted athlete.
I don't think the comparison fits to be honest. Think they'll be very different players.

The comparison is definitely a lot better than the inaccurate Z-Bo comparison
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 274, 275, 276 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 275 of 1536
Jump to: