The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 331, 332, 333 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:15 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Voices wrote:

I do not want to taint Nash and his credibility but he had 27million reasons to complete that huge contract.

Never agreed with your criticism of Pau-lina .
But your feelings toward Nash, I've always agreed.
Got no love for that guy.

Except for the fact that he could have applied for a medical retirement and gotten all the money anyway. He kept going at it because he really really wanted to play.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Damn, just read that he was at Vista Ford in Woodland Hills. Would have gone for sure if I knew.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:31 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Damn, just read that he was at Vista Ford in Woodland Hills. Would have gone for sure if I knew.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9WXEwyHRROs
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:03 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Eric Pincus ‏@EricPincus · 4m4 minutes ago
Julius Randle is physically very different looking than when he came in as a rookie - seriously in better shape

Quote:
Eric Pincus ‏@EricPincus · 14m14 minutes ago
I saw Julius Randle in July at summer league so he's clearly had a productive couple of months in the gym

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:40 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Quote:
Julius Randle is physically very different looking than when he came in as a rookie - seriously in better shape

Quote:
I saw Julius Randle in July at summer league so he's clearly had a productive couple of months in the gym

Good to know he's putting in work. Just needs to utilize it to the defensive side and on the glass.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:06 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Voices wrote:

I do not want to taint Nash and his credibility but he had 27million reasons to complete that huge contract.

Never agreed with your criticism of Pau-lina .
But your feelings toward Nash, I've always agreed.
Got no love for that guy.

Except for the fact that he could have applied for a medical retirement and gotten all the money anyway. He kept going at it because he really really wanted to play.
He's all class.
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Steve Nash did everything he could to get back on the court for us. That's all you can really ask of it guy. Yes, Nash wanted his money, but he wanted to EARN his money and he did the best he could given his age and injuries. Even after fulfilling his contractual obligations he's still shown himself ot be willing to mentor our young players.

The disdain some Lakers fans have for Steve Nash is completely unfair.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:36 pm    Post subject:

I just thought of something. If Randle isn't eligible for ROY, he should be a near lock for MIP
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:56 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
I just thought of something. If Randle isn't eligible for ROY, he should be a near lock for MIP

Clarkson for MIP! D:
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:55 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

2 for 2...last year's rookies are in much better shape this season, physically, and their games have been upgraded too. You can't look at them and assign numbers for the season, but no doubt there will be improved production from what you got or would have gotten last year. I'm calling this at the least a 45 win team, imo. Not sure why so many fans are pessimistic and expecting wins in the high 20's or low 30's.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:47 am    Post subject:

I expect Randle to be a problem from the very beginning
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject:

edddit: videos on rowvid, if it's not HD, it may still say its in HD but it's on "auto", change it if you must

http://rowvid.com/?v=YWP6Nh2yFFM&t=88.7&s=0.5
Randle's 3pt stroke is coming along, it really has potential IMO w/ simple fixes.
Opening up tabs side by side and comparing his stroke to a player with similar measurements, KLove http://rowvid.com/?v=yW2ws92K29A&t=39.16&s=0.5 . if Randle squared up his stance & used more legs - their strokes might not be completely dissimilar. Randle's stroke is not broke

http://rowvid.com/?v=Q4KhsqCdOvw&t=187.35&s=0.5 now here's Randle's 3pt attempt from his draft workout. He's shooting a different shot here from the video above, mainly because this is less of a set shot. Is this stroke broke to you? Compare it to another similarly sized player Ryan Anderson. http://rowvid.com/?v=GsUa8wb0RKI&t=20.69&s=0.5
Not that far of a stretch comparatively. Again I think Randle's problem is his stance, it's angled, and he's not using enough legs. Another thing is Anderson has loose shoulders, makes for effortless range of motion and shooting range. Look at the 3s Randle shot in this vid not from the corners, they're line drives - it's not in his range -- he can extend his range by squaring up and using more legs, and loosening his shoulders for more range of motion with his release. Tight shoulders constrict range, Kevin Durant and Ryan Anderson are good examples of loose shoulders.
Look at the other 3pointers Ryan Anderson made after that 3, and you'll see clearly that his base is way more square and he's using/bending his legs more than Randle.

I don't think that w/ fixing Randle should try to have identical strokes to KLove and Anderson, but he should definitely study what these 6'9 marksmen do, looks like they have similar release points to him, and they succeed with squared bases and bending/using more legs. Try to copy the template for success..

If he becomes a 3pt threat, that opens up his drives way more than driving from 17feet. So yea, hopefully in a couple years..

Vids don't work on cellular telephones.. The Slow mo dont work
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Agreed KiROE.

Randle should add an element or two to his game every summer like his idol.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Rowvid looks useful. Nice find.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:22 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Agreed KiROE.

Most definitely ( D'Lo voice ) , it should be a goal of his since he's shooting the 3 as smoothly as he did in the more recent vid. I hopes u watched it on your Mac cuz the slow mo doesn't work on phones n the vid's small.

But yea I'm hopeful! Really just think he needs small fixes, in a couple years he could easily be comfortable from 3
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:32 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
22 wrote:
Agreed KiROE.

Most definitely ( D'Lo voice ) , it should be a goal of his since he's shooting the 3 as smoothly as he did in the more recent vid. I hopes u watched it on your Mac cuz the slow mo doesn't work on phones n the vid's small.

But yea I'm hopeful! Really just think he needs small fixes, in a couple years he could easily be comfortable from 3

at the DLO voice. I'll definitely take that into consideration

But nah I'm on my iPhone gonna need to watch it again later
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:01 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Rowvid looks useful. Nice find.

yea i was looking for a split screen site but rowvid's share in slowmo ability is dope
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:44 am    Post subject:

Julius did some nice things in the post in summer league. I usually oppose the "put Julius back in the post" faction, but I actually think that his post play was maybe the most confidence boosting and repertoire enhancing element that he exhibited this SL.
Speaking to the "post Julius" faction of fans, even his post play did benefit from what he does off the dribble. He's mainly a bowling ball on his drives, he bowls you over, pushes off -- and now when he's in the post, his defender expects him to continue to look for that contact - he thrived on quick moves in the post in SL.
on this post up vs. Karl Towns, Jule's bodies Towns once on the backdown, and then pauses as if it's time for another body blow, instead he then does the quick hop right by him.
here's his post up on Adrian Payne where he gets fouled and goes to the line for 2. Jule's does a little pause and hesitation again, universally known as the load up to hammer someone with your backside when backing them down - instead he does the quick blow by, while Payne is sticking his chest out to body him up instead of moving his feet, lol

I say that successful post ups are confidence boosting for Randle because he obviously is more comfortable attacking off the dribble. More comfortable on his paint shots off the dribble; in college his post paint shots were often double clutched and in sooo much traffic, I don't think that's what he prefers.
here's a post shot from last years pre-season, see what I'm talking about here, I don't think that traffic, that double clutching is as attractive as his attacking 1v1 shots off the dribble.
here's another post shot from last years pre-season.
So his success in the post this SL was a different taste of the post, less bullying and double clutching like he did in the post at UK and preseason.
Quick post moves while the defender is looking for contact = blow by and less congestion.

He also was burying guys under the rim on seals, in transition or otherwise. We didn't see this last SL or PS. He probly is just realizing how easy it is for him. Another big plus.
I expect to see a good amount of seals in transition this season

So many ways for this guy to score, if the 3point range comes, he could be one of the most versatile, physically imposing THINGS we've ever seen. there'd be no label, he'd just be his own thing
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:34 am    Post subject:

That versatility is what makes Julius so special, and as Mitch tried to explain, why he is so hard to compare to previous players.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:01 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
That versatility is what makes Julius so special, and as Mitch tried to explain, why he is so hard to compare to previous players.
indeed. Combined with the mental drive he has? Look out.

In fact that's what all 3 of our rookies share. A hard working mindset and they aren't afraid of the moment
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:03 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

In fact that's what all 3 of our rookies share. A hard working mindset and they aren't afraid of the moment

I love how Randle never seems satisfied but in a way that he demands more from himself. Probably not an easy guy to be around if you're losing which is great. Clarkson also seems to be willing to do whatever it takes to win. I hope to see more from him defensively. Russell is still a little unknown in this regard, but his attitude suggests he's a team guy.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
22 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I love how Randle never seems satisfied but in a way that he demands more from himself. Probably not an easy guy to be around if you're losing which is great. Clarkson also seems to be willing to do whatever it takes to win. I hope to see more from him defensively. Russell is still a little unknown in this regard, but his attitude suggests he's a team guy.

Agreed. I don't think our young guys are satisfied where they're at
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:10 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
22 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

The younger players do seem to really want to win badly, which will make Kobe very happy.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:15 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
22 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Being limited to 20 minutes per game was also frustrating for him, as well as the terrible overall team play in SPL.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:18 am    Post subject:

44 wrote:
22 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
22 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

The younger players do seem to really want to win badly, which will make Kobe very happy.

Honestly this can be a very satisfying way for Kobe to go out. He can further cement his legacy by passing the torch to these young guys and setting the Lakers up for our next dynasty. That alone would be a huge difference between he and Jordan's careers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 331, 332, 333 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 332 of 1536
Jump to: