POWER
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
Gotta say, I've really enjoyed this show so far, the second season has been quite entertaining, the drama has definitely gone up a notch.

Do you watch Empire? If so how do you rate them? Power is more gangsta, about drugs and gang life. Empire has more to offer. e.g. Sexual orientations, insight to the music industry, power struggles, family, drama, so many more plot lines.

I rate them same. If I had to make a choice I guess I'd choose Empire because of Taraji P. Henson. I'm in love with her.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:03 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Moses wrote:
Gotta say, I've really enjoyed this show so far, the second season has been quite entertaining, the drama has definitely gone up a notch.

Do you watch Empire? If so how do you rate them? Power is more gangsta, about drugs and gang life. Empire has more to offer. e.g. Sexual orientations, insight to the music industry, power struggles, family, drama, so many more plot lines.

I rate them same. If I had to make a choice I guess I'd choose Empire because of Taraji P. Henson. I'm in love with her.

I find myself liking the stuff she's in - Baby Boy, Hustle and Flow, Person of Interest, Empire.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:33 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Moses wrote:

I find myself liking the stuff she's in - Baby Boy, Hustle and Flow, Person of Interest, Empire.

Never could get over replacing her with a assassin type, Sarah Shahi. Show went downhill for me when Taraji left.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:09 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Moses wrote:

I like both. Empire is made by the characters of Lucious & Cookie. They're both great actors, and the way in which Lucious conducts himself as the cunning business man with a hint of G is awesome.

Power is cool because there's the element of will Ghost get caught or won't he, and he's a good actor too.

All in all, both have great dramatic storylines, but Empire is cooler, and has that little hint of comedy when Cookie acts out. My favorite show on TV is Banshee, can't wait for that to come back on the air.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:03 am    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Moses wrote:

I like both. Empire is made by the characters of Lucious & Cookie. They're both great actors, and the way in which Lucious conducts himself as the cunning business man with a hint of G is awesome.

Power is cool because there's the element of will Ghost get caught or won't he, and he's a good actor too.

All in all, both have great dramatic storylines, but Empire is cooler, and has that little hint of comedy when Cookie acts out. My favorite show on TV is Banshee, can't wait for that to come back on the air.

We have similar viewing tastes. Banshee is a show I auto tune. I hope Job gets more air time next season. He's my favorite gay bad ass. When is the season set to start?

USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:27 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Moses wrote:

Never could get over replacing her with a assassin type, Sarah Shahi. Show went downhill for me when Taraji left.

I always felt Sarah Shahi replaced Reese's old partner(Kara), the one he worked with in the CIA. I thought they were going to have her join the team but then she left for The Following and they had to do something with her character. They were building her up through the flashbacks and then just boom, she's gone. I think she was supposed to be the Shaw of the group. I would have preferred her to stay on, liked her much better than Shaw(Shahi). I still can't get over Shaw's size, though. Not convincing at all. But I do like that little lesbo thing she got going on with Fred from Angel(Root). (bleep) yeah!

But still would rather that be Kara with Root.

Another movie I liked with Taraji, Smoking Aces.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:38 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Moses wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Moses wrote:

We have similar viewing tastes. Banshee is a show I auto tune. I hope Job gets more air time next season. He's my favorite gay bad ass. When is the season set to start?

Job is awesome, him and Burton are both pretty entertaining. It's due to come out in January next year, but it's gonna be the last season, which kinda sucks as it's got better and better as it has gone on.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:59 am    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Moses wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Moses wrote:

Job is awesome, him and Burton are both pretty entertaining. It's due to come out in January next year, but it's gonna be the last season, which kinda sucks as it's got better and better as it has gone on.

Man the way Burton killed Nola Longshadow was gruesome. I found it hard to watch it on the reruns. I think he's a eunuch.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Ish just got real. Ghost set Angela up to get Tommy out of jail. Tommy showed real, he wouldn't snitch, even for his mama. Kanan kill Shawn, his son. Ghost knows about him and Tasha. Angela and Ghost are still a mystery to me. It's going down between Ghost and Kanan in the finale. It's set up to be exciting.

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:23 pm    Post subject:

3 episodes in. Very intriguing show.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:44 am    Post subject:

Oh (bleep) !

He smoked his own son!

Loved Tommy's facial expression when Turtle got him off the hook and he was leaving the court room.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:06 am    Post subject:

She chose the job over love. And now she's going after him. I want Tasha to end her so badly now.

Too bad about D. Wade. He was stuck with the worst father ever.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:32 am    Post subject:

Anybody hear whether or not there will be a 3rd season?

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:38 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Anybody here whether or not there will be a 3rd season?

Starz renewed it back in June.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:52 am    Post subject:

Don't really watch the show just remember Omari Hardwick was promoting the show on First Take during the NBA Finals apparently he used to be college football in Georgia with Champ Bailey and Hines Ward.

Who knew?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:55 am    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Anybody here whether or not there will be a 3rd season?

Starz renewed it back in June.

Thanks, I'll look forward to it. The finale should be interesting. It will set things up to bring viewers back for the season debut. It would surprise me if Angela gets smoked. How Tasha and Ghost's relationship develops is going to be interesting. He knows she shagged Shawn. Which players get killed???????

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:17 pm    Post subject:

The fact that D Wade went back to see Fiddy was a remarkably dumb decision. I know that he's supposed to be naive, but I thought that it was a bit of a stretch.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:30 am    Post subject:

Ghost needs to axe his Latina mistress.
Her character is beyond annoying.
I'll be surprised if she survives this season, and probably a little disappointed too.
BigRedApple13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:12 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
The fact that D Wade went back to see Fiddy was a remarkably dumb decision. I know that he's supposed to be naive, but I thought that it was a bit of a stretch.

Lol @ Dwade, I knew he was getting axed before the season was over either by 50 or Ghost but I'm a lil surprised that Ghost didn't warn him to stay away from 50 after he let him live.
BigRedApple13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:27 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Ghost needs to axe his Latina mistress.
Her character is beyond annoying.
I'll be surprised if she survives this season, and probably a little disappointed too.

Doubt Angela is going down in the Finale, but I think she does next season.

Ghost should be the one that does it. Would be too easy for Tommy to do it and Tasha hasn't even really met her yet, just like a 5 sec peek.

If 50 survives the Finale, maybe he can do it next season to really piss off Ghost and start the road to the final showdown between the two.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:05 am    Post subject:

I think, Ghost, Tasha, Kanan, Tommy and Angela are sure bets to return. I'm not sure about Ruiz. Luiz Ramos is a executive producer so Ruiz may return.

The finale will see a lot of people go down.

Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Holy Crap. Is the entire cast gonna die?
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
BigRedApple13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Crazy finale.

It's unknown if Season 3 will be the last?

But I don't see any happy endings for the main players.

Ghost has too many enemies to dodge IMO to live in the end.
rak_90046
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:15 am    Post subject:

Head of the FBI, who gave Lobos the cell, he's dirty?
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:54 am    Post subject:

This show is great, but I was disappointed that it used the old cliche where the protagonist doesn't finish off the villain and the villain somehow survives in the end. Other than that, awesome finale.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11
Jump to: