POWER
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:49 am    Post subject:

Was an exciting finale, but IMO a little too much went on, they could've spread that out over a couple more episodes.

- Angela - what's gonna happen with that Knox dude? How will she and Ghost work together now?

- Tasha - Does she still love Ghost? Does she think Ghost killed Sean?

- Kanan - Is he still alive? Does he know his boy flipped on him?

Tommy - Will he try to kill Ghost?

Ghost - Does he now have Lobos, Tommy, Kanan, Knox & maybe even Tasha after him>

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:17 pm    Post subject:

So Angela came through in the end. Good on her. She did the right thing, followed her heart. Sucks for Greg, though.

Can someone remind me, Lobo's hotel room, wasn't it all Dexter'd out, with the plastic and everything? It seems weird that no one(not even Tommy) mentioned this. The FBI was in the room, Tommy was in the room, didn't they find that suspicious?

Looks like 50 will be back! That was straight out of a horror movie, the ending. I bet half of his face will be burned but he will otherwise be okay, making him look like a badass but not leaving him at the point where he will be hampered in his movings. So basically, Alec TreKanan.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:48 pm    Post subject:

This was one of the best finales of the season. I had a feeling bodies were going to fall. Didn't think Ghost was the stone cold killer he turned out to be.

If you've been watching Power you're definitely coming back for season 3. Cliffhangers galore.

Fiddy's a executive producer, he made his return a mystery.

Everybody's after Ghost.

Will Angela last the season?

Will Tommy and Tasha team up on Ghost.

Tommy's feelings for Holly may be the straw.

This series had me wanting it to go 1 2 more episodes. But if it did it would take the edge off the wait.

Have to give the writers their props. The opner should be monster.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:56 pm    Post subject:

Kanan not dying pisses me off. After being three steps ahead of everyone else, Ghost really doesn't finish the job with him just lying there unconscious? Please, that's just BS. Found that very dumb and very cliché, ruined an otherwise great finale for me. Such a shame.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Kanan not dying pisses me off. After being three steps ahead of everyone else, Ghost really doesn't finish the job with him just lying there unconscious? Please, that's just BS. Found that very dumb and very cliché, ruined an otherwise great finale for me. Such a shame.

Blame it on Fiddy, he's a executive producer. He's not going to allow himself to be written out before season 3.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
This was one of the best finales of the season. I had a feeling bodies were going to fall. Didn't think Ghost was the stone cold killer he turned out to be.

If you've been watching Power you're definitely coming back for season 3. Cliffhangers galore.

Fiddy's a executive producer, he made his return a mystery.

Everybody's after Ghost.

Will Angela last the season?

Will Tommy and Tasha team up on Ghost.

Tommy's feelings for Holly may be the straw.

This series had me wanting it to go 1 2 more episodes. But if it did it would take the edge off the wait.

Have to give the writers their props. The opner should be monster.

She's listed second in the credits and is an integral part of the main story. I think she's probably going to be on the show until it ends.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Anyone catch the pilot for the new Lebron produced show : Survivors Remorse, after the finale of Power? It's was ok with some potential.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Anyone catch the pilot for the new Lebron produced show : Survivors Remorse, after the finale of Power? It's was ok with some potential.

It's not new. It has one season already with season two starting next week I think. Show sucks, probably didn't laugh a single time during the season. It's a 6 episode first season so you can watch it completely on one sitting and see if you like it or not.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:18 am    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

It's not new. It has one season already with season two starting next week I think. Show sucks, probably didn't laugh a single time during the season. It's a 6 episode first season so you can watch it completely on one sitting and see if you like it or not.

Thanx. Didn't know that. I watched the Power finale via a download from the UK, and apparently the 1st season of SR is just airing over there, because after the finale of Power, Survivors Remorse started playing. I'll download the full Season 1 to have a look. There's 1 comedian (the uncle) that I'm a fan of.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:00 am    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

Thanx. Didn't know that. I watched the Power finale via a download from the UK, and apparently the 1st season of SR is just airing over there, because after the finale of Power, Survivors Remorse started playing. I'll download the full Season 1 to have a look. There's 1 comedian (the uncle) that I'm a fan of.

I watched a bit because of him ( Mike Epps) I couldn't really get into the show. LeBron is a executive producer. I haven't watch enough to know whether or not he make an appearance.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:59 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

I watched a bit because of him ( Mike Epps) I couldn't really get into the show. LeBron is a executive producer. I haven't watch enough to know whether or not he make an appearance.

He is shown in the teasers, so yes he does.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Power, Empire and True Detective are done. Next must watch, Banshee

USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:18 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Power, Empire and True Detective are done. Next must watch, Heroes Reborn

dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:35 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Banshee is in January. There are a bunch of shows that are must watch from now till then.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:46 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Banshee is in January. There are a bunch of shows that are must watch from now till then.

Including Empire.

Hard to believe the new TV season is only a month away. Time sure does fly.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:50 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Love me some Banshee.
But Mr. Robot and Ray Donovan are must watch for me. And they're on right now.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:03 am    Post subject:

Just watched the season finale.

The writers definitely take liberties with what would happen rationally. I already talked about how last week it was a stretch that D Wade would go back to confront his father, knowing what a cold-blooded MF'er he is and knowing that he failed to off Ghost like Fiddy wanted. Now this week, not only does Ghost apparently fail to actually kill Fiddy, but even the struggle was ludicrous. BOTH Ghost and Fiddy had the other at gunpoint and failed to shoot and let the other knock away the gun! Completely ludicrous. A meticulous killer doesn't do stupid crap like that. You don't let the guy get within distance of taking the gun from you; you stay a few feet away and you off him. So that was just a really dumb scene all the way around. If the writers wanted Kanan's return to be somewhat ambiguous, they could've figured out a better way to do it.

I also think it was a stretch that Ghost would let Tommy leave unharmed at the end. He is not an idiot and he would have to surely know that Tommy will be coming back at him. And Ghost didn't even know if Lobos was dead so he had to have thought about the possibility of Tommy and Lobos joining up. Ghost is ruthless. We saw that in this episode. He had no trouble killing everyone that could screw it up for him. Tommy now obviously fell into that category at the end. In real life, he offs him. But I guess Tommy is too important to the show to kill at this point!

I agree with those that don't think Ghost gets out of the show's eventual finale alive. Just too many enemies. The question is, does anybody survive it and end up ruling the roost, or do they all go down?
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:55 pm    Post subject:

It's baaaaaaack!
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Watched the season opener this morning via download, so I won't offer any spoilers other than to say : Be prepared to see something pretty brutal and something else that's brutally funny. It's going to be interesting to watch how Tommy's character continues to develop.
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:03 am    Post subject:

Was ok season premier the ending tho
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Just watched episode 2. This season is going to be a heck of a roller coaster. Tasha is one of the most adult characters on TV in quite some time. Girl is all business.

Can't wait to see how Tommy survives this season. Looks like we'll be seeing a lot more of Turtle as well!
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Just watched episode 2. This season is going to be a heck of a roller coaster. Tasha is one of the most adult characters on TV in quite some time. Girl is all business.

Can't wait to see how Tommy survives this season. Looks like we'll be seeing a lot more of Turtle as well!

And Masuka!

I wonder how they'll bring 50 back in the fold. Even though it wouldn't have made sense, I dead thought he was about to walk through the door at the end.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:11 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

And Masuka!

I wonder how they'll bring 50 back in the fold. Even though it wouldn't have made sense, I dead thought he was about to walk through the door at the end.

It's so weird hearing Masuka talk with an Asian accent. And I about lost it when the kid quiped 'we're not Japanese since most Americans wouldn't notice the irony.

Also, your instincts about 50 are on target. The Euro previews for next week are a couple minutes longer than the American previews.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:18 pm    Post subject:

A new villian get's introduced tonite in the opening scene and you won't see it coming. Great start to this season!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:42 pm    Post subject:

He's baaaaaack!!

What's the connection between Kanan and the female cop? Old girlfriend, relative, old gang member?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11
Jump to: