Deandre Kane = Marcus Smart with a jumper???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Sorry but now it just looks like we're making excuses.

If a guard is switched onto a forward, the guard uses his physical tools to exploit the mismatch.

Hudson was absolutely featured last year. He was the lead PG.
mike, how am i making excuses. did i not just say every single time kane got the ball(which was not often on the weakside) he blew by his man and got into the paint.

the guy can get into the paint when he wants to. and like an older guy he isnt speed bursting by everyone at one speed. he's using footwork and slow quick, slow quick moves to pull it off. those moves are what nash used his entire career. it works. its why 55 year old kobe could still blow by a defender.

the REASONS i'm giving for kane not doing very well and just ok if you look at his overall production (not just stats cause stats wont show many good passes he made to guys that bricked shots they should be making, among other things.)

i said because he's playing completely out of position as a much shorter guy at 6'4, and he's on the weakside of all the plays. whats the odds he's going to get a pass on a backdoor cut? he wont. the nba guys are to big and too long. i've him go backdoor in iowa. and catch a sneak lob. you try throwing a midget(at SF he is) a lob in the nba and see what happens to your pass. it will get tipped at best, stolen at worse. you need a larger target, 6'5+ guy with really long arms. some lied and said kane is 6'5. no in this lifetime. lol. the guy is 6'4 and change TOPS. he doesnt seem to have dwade's reach. so there's no way he can play sf and do well.

ask yourself, why did they have shorty kane at sf and not tall long athletic clarkson?
think mike...
because they were intentionally featuring clarkson. and to make sure of that we make him the "SG" aka SCORING guard. not just shooting guard. this puts him on the strong side of the ball most of the night. which means he will get a ton of touches, where he wont have to do an Elias and work for every bucket by cutting without the ball all the time. but our FO wants to see how good he is. so we know if we can really use him in games at the backup SG spot. we know we can throw him out there at a 3rd string pg if push comes to shove.

they put kane over there because he was the odd man out. BUT the fact he got as much time as he did says 2 things. #1 unlike the awful team we had in the spl in the past. kane is a productive player. so they still gave him some burn and in that last game gave him a little love to run real point for a few plays.

that fake jameer nelson got little to no burn. and didnt produce with the little time he did get. which says he wasnt productive enough to get any more burn. and he wasnt looked at as a real option. he is TRUE camp fodder.
kane isnt fodder. but he's about to turn into fodder purely based on spots available. unless we're will to let go of old man nash and drop marshall off some where.

MIke last question for you on kane. lets say after his first year. he was on the lakers getting 18 mins per, not just garbage time. do you think in year 2 he could be as effective as ramon sessions but not a liability from the outside cause he can shoot?
Shaqasaurus
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject:

Hahahaha, you just can't make this stuff up! It just won't stop!
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject:

Shaqasaurus wrote:
Hahahaha, you just can't make this stuff up! It just won't stop!
why would it stop. he's still on the team. do we really have anything else to talk about? nope. no coach, no big FAs to sign. so its time to talk about the no name guys.
divncom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Kane is Marcus Smart with a Jumper ...

(???)
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject:

divncom wrote:
Kane is Marcus Smart with a Jumper ...

(???)
yes.. he is.

please dont compare a guy that is playing completely out of position at sf at 6'4 on the weakside off the ball out of any plays being ran by design of the lakers trying to feature clarkson, and allowing marshall to run point for most of the game.

kane never had a chance to shine due to marshall being there and clarkson being the featured guy. i didnt know that was going to happen before someone put the rosters out. the moment i saw all those guards. i said well his chances might be slim at this point.

i dont expect a pg/sg guy thats 6'4 to hit shots without legit time and touches. unless you're redick coming out of college or someone like that.

but what i will do. is compare smarts last season with kane's last season. where they were both in the exact same conference. and they both were featured on their respective teams. kane had the better fg%, kane had by far the better 3pt%. one guy was known as a guy that could not shoot. his name is smart. kane was known as a guy that could shoot. its that simple. they are both big pg's that use their strength and size when going to the rack.

smart avg basically 30 mins per game in the spl. with a team setting the offense up so he can have a lot of touches to score or set guys up.

kane averaged 19 mins per game in the spl. with a team not setting the offense up so he can get touches to score and/or setup guys.

can anyone explain to me why are we featuring marshall like this when there's other young guys even besides kane that could be getting burn at the pg spot? shoot we could see more clarkson at that spot also. to see what he has.

marshall today was 2-9, had 3 TO's & 1 ast. so even the thing he's good at (passing) he was horrible at it today. yet he got the 2nd most mins for todays game at 26:24.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject:

If Kane has a jumper he sure hasn't shown it. He's had some nasty ass air balls, and he lost the handle a few times today. Outside of one spectacular pass on a dribble drive, I can't really remember Kane doing anything particularly well in the here games he's played.
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:28 pm    Post subject:

Has the HOF Kane been killing it in Summer League???

postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject:

LakerEric wrote:

who called him a HOF? no one. unless you're implying smart is a HOF right now? are you saying that?

but to answer your question. NO. he hasnt been kiling it. there's no way he could kill it getting less then 20 mins per game. its impossible to kill anything in the spl playing that little. to boot if you watched the games they are playing this 6'4 dude at sf. lol. on the weakside of the offense. basically away from the basketball. why? they are featuring the longer, athletic taller, clarkson as well as marshall at pg. so there's no room for anyone else not named randle to get a lot of quality looks.

i will say this. as bad as marshall has been looking statistically speaking, even being featured. he might not be with us next year. if you have played in the nba and done well the previous season. and you are told to run the team in the spl. you should have very nice numbers because you're supposed to be better then these rookies/camp fodder guys. truth is marshall aint looking to hot. sure we know what he's capable of. but was it because of mda's system? maybe.and if thats the case. then no mda, no marshall.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Kane experiment ending in 3...2...1...
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
If Kane has a jumper he sure hasn't shown it. He's had some nasty ass air balls, and he lost the handle a few times today. Outside of one spectacular pass on a dribble drive, I can't really remember Kane doing anything particularly well in the here games he's played.
he had 5 assist in one game. i remember every last one of them. the first game he barely played and he shot 3/4.

like i said. for a guy playing wayyyy off the ball, wayyy out of the realm of the offensive plays on the weakside completely out of position at 6'4. with limited mins. i cant expect much from him at this rate. which means we cant pick him up on the roster cause he hasnt shown much. not his fault. it is what it is. but all this makes a scenario where a guy that can normally hit shots, start bricking shots. most guys that are scorers(not super shooters like reddick). they usually need to have the ball and get consistent touches, and consistent mins to clean up their fg%'s. which is why i was riding smart so hard. he was featured in his offense as a pg then as a sg. he played a lot of mins. like 30 or so. he shot a ton of shots. yet he still bricked a ton of 3's, and his overall fg% isnt that hot. when someone gets a legit shot and they still dont show they can shoot. i then have to think they cant shoot. especially if that was their mo in college.
but what can you do. kane we'll probably be back in the spl next summer. praying some team isnt log jammed at pg/sg like we were this year. or else he will be over seas. because most nba teams are so stuck on age. they will not give him a look.

but with all of that said. you can see how he moves with the ball and how he sets guys up and attempts to score when allowed to set things up or is apart of the play. he could be a solid role guy in the nba. especially next to a star or two. he could become a bigger fisher with handles and better passing ability. i wouldnt mind that one bit. especially if he becomes clutch.

Last edited by postandpivot on Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Kane experiment ending in 3...2...1...
lol, it never started. too many guards.

the experiments are marshall, clarkson, and randle

everyone else will probably have to kick rocks.
marshall needs to kick rocks too. since he hasnt showed he's a nba player, stuck playing with spl scrubs. he's looking like one of them out there. which isnt a good thing.
misterioso
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject:

[quote="postandpivot"]
mhan00 wrote:

he had 5 assist in one game. i remember every last one of them. the first game he barely played and he shot 3/4.

That is true fan dedication. Did you start Deandre Kane fan club yet, if so, I'l join you and we can be the first two members. Maybe VLF will join as well.
divncom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:11 am    Post subject:

Will they manage to add Kane's 5 assists to the rest of the banners up at staples center?
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
LakerEric wrote:

who called him a HOF? no one. unless you're implying smart is a HOF right now? are you saying that?

but to answer your question. NO. he hasnt been kiling it. there's no way he could kill it getting less then 20 mins per game. its impossible to kill anything in the spl playing that little. to boot if you watched the games they are playing this 6'4 dude at sf. lol. on the weakside of the offense. basically away from the basketball. why? they are featuring the longer, athletic taller, clarkson as well as marshall at pg. so there's no room for anyone else not named randle to get a lot of quality looks.

i will say this. as bad as marshall has been looking statistically speaking, even being featured. he might not be with us next year. if you have played in the nba and done well the previous season. and you are told to run the team in the spl. you should have very nice numbers because you're supposed to be better then these rookies/camp fodder guys. truth is marshall aint looking to hot. sure we know what he's capable of. but was it because of mda's system? maybe.and if thats the case. then no mda, no marshall.

Well, maybe the KMarshall waive will give more minutes to Mr. Kane in the PG slot in SL

FWIW, it is time I change my avatar & signature, LOL
RMurphy_22
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject:

Time will tell if Kane is truly a player...for now it's a very funny topic title, sorry.
_#1_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:42 pm    Post subject:

= to Smart? lol This guy working this season not on the Lakers but the Taco Tuesday 3 for $1.09 drive thru.
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Deandre Kane has as much chance as Kane from Menace II Society of making the Lakers team.
iggypop123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject:

He will be great in Europe.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject:

iggypop123 wrote:
He will be great in Europe.

you sure about that?

Quote:
Lakers waiving guard Kendall Marshall, but have interest in bringing him back on a new deal if he clears waivers, league sources tell Yahoo.

lol. i told you guys kendall was looking really suspect out there in the spl. but who knows the lakers could be trying to play around with money and the rules. if marshall is done. is that a 4th string spot open for kane? lol
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
LakerEric wrote:

Well, maybe the KMarshall waive will give more minutes to Mr. Kane in the PG slot in SL

FWIW, it is time I change my avatar & signature, LOL
lol i didnt even see your post my bad. beat me to it. i need to change my avi as well. lol

but i dont change my avi to role guys, unless you're a clutch performer/ring wearer (fisher, horry)

So it will be a very long time before kane gets on the avi even if he does make the team.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Los Angeles Lakers ‏@Lakers 6m

Tip at 3:30 RT @LakersReporter: LAL will take on DEN in the final Vegas Summer League game coming up. You can watch live on @TWCSportsNet.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject:

[quote="misterioso"]
postandpivot wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

That is true fan dedication. Did you start Deandre Kane fan club yet, if so, I'l join you and we can be the first two members. Maybe VLF will join as well.
the reason i remember every last one of them. because they were all very nice passes. maybe out of 5. only 1 was just a normal kick out. usually kendall is the one dishing the dimes. I'm a magic johnson fan. so i'm also going to be a fan of a pretty pass. sorry.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject:

I'll wish all the young men on the Summer squad the best. Hopefully, we find one or two pieces there for the present and or future...
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject:

I'm thinking of changing my nickname to "KingKane"

I thought he played pretty good tonight. Better than the trash Marshall usually brings to the court, for sure
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Well, so maybe I am the "advocate" for Mr. Kane hanging for the 15th spot!! haha! LOL
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 13 of 16
Jump to: