We should go after Asik and Lin!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boloflexus
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:08 am    Post subject: We should go after Asik and Lin!

With our cap space, I think it would be smart to pick up these guys although we may be helping Houston by allowing them to clear space to make a run at Melo, Bosh or Lebron.

Note that Asik and Lin's contracts only count for $8m against the salary cap. I would however insist that Houston throws in Terrence Jones as compensation. I really like Asik as a future center. Jeremy Lin is a very solid point guard and can back up Nash or serve as insurance in case Nash misses 90% of the season once again. Moreover, in terms of revenue and marketing purposes, I would be all over Lin if I were the Lakers. Throw in Terrence Jones and I think we have a steal.

Other moves I would make are sign Ariza for about $20m, three years and draft Julius Randle (assuming his foot is fine). I will also look to retain the following FA's from last year: Young, Henry, Hill and Kaman.

C - Asik, Kaman, Sacre
F - Randle, T Jones, R Kelly
F - Ariza, Henry
G - Kobe, Young
G - Nash, Lin, Marshall

This team if healthy should be able to make it to the post season while staying under the cap. With a very good coach, we can go deep. The main point though is that we should target Asik and Lin.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:11 am    Post subject:

And the #25 pick in the draft along w/a couple of future #1's.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate

Last edited by KobeRe-Loaded on Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Kirby Brian
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:11 am    Post subject:

ok!
freshp
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:14 am    Post subject:

honestly i don't see why we should pick up lin when we have farmar... he's a decent bench PG at best
boloflexus
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:17 am    Post subject:

I might even acquire Mike Dunleavy along with a future 2nd round pick from the Bulls if they are trying to clear space for Melo.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
boloflexus
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:18 am    Post subject:

freshp wrote:
honestly i don't see why we should pick up lin when we have farmar... he's a decent bench PG at best

We might have to take Lin if we want Asik. Plus Farmar is a FA. Plus we can get even more from Houston as compensation, like a current or future draft pick. For business purposes, it wouldn't hurt either.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: We should go after Asik and Lin!

boloflexus wrote:
With our cap space, I think it would be smart to pick up these guys although we may be helping Houston by allowing them to clear space to make a run at Melo, Bosh or Lebron.

Note that Asik and Lin's contracts only count for $8m against the salary cap. I would however insist that Houston throws in Terrence Jones as compensation. I really like Asik as a future center. Jeremy Lin is a very solid point guard and can back up Nash or serve as insurance in case Nash misses 90% of the season once again. Moreover, in terms of revenue and marketing purposes, I would be all over Lin if I were the Lakers. Throw in Terrence Jones and I think we have a steal.

Other moves I would make are sign Ariza for about $20m, three years and draft Julius Randle (assuming his foot is fine). I will also look to retain the following FA's from last year: Young, Henry, Hill and Kaman.

C - Asik, Kaman, Sacre
F - Ariza, Henry
G - Kobe, Young
G - Nash, Lin, Marshall

This team if healthy should be able to make it to the post season while staying under the cap. With a very good coach, we can go deep. The main point though is that we should target Asik and Lin.

I think this is one of the options the Lakers will consider if we strike out this summer. They are essentially placeholders for 2015. However, not sure if the Lakers would be willing participants in allowing Houston to have cap space to pursue LBJ/Melo.

If no other teams would provide that kind of cap space and the Lakers are the only options, would ask for a king's ransom including Parsons and a pick.
freshp
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:25 am    Post subject:

boloflexus wrote:
freshp wrote:

We might have to take Lin if we want Asik. Plus Farmar is a FA. Plus we can get even more from Houston as compensation, like a current or future draft pick. For business purposes, it wouldn't hurt either.

i feel like this discussion should never be brought up at least after thursday ... :S
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: We should go after Asik and Lin!

yinoma2001 wrote:
boloflexus wrote:

C - Asik, Kaman, Sacre
F - Ariza, Henry
G - Kobe, Young
G - Nash, Lin, Marshall

I think this is one of the options the Lakers will consider if we strike out this summer. They are essentially placeholders for 2015. However, not sure if the Lakers would be willing participants in allowing Houston to have cap space to pursue LBJ/Melo.

If no other teams would provide that kind of cap space and the Lakers are the only options, would ask for a king's ransom including Parsons and a pick.

I forgot about Parsons, how would a sign & trade for him work tho since the Rockets are over the cap.
#Avatar-gate
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: We should go after Asik and Lin!

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
boloflexus wrote:

C - Asik, Kaman, Sacre
F - Ariza, Henry
G - Kobe, Young
G - Nash, Lin, Marshall

I forgot about Parsons, how would a sign & trade for him work tho since the Rockets are over the cap.

He's not a free agent right now. He's under contract.
boloflexus
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: We should go after Asik and Lin!

yinoma2001 wrote:
boloflexus wrote:

C - Asik, Kaman, Sacre
F - Ariza, Henry
G - Kobe, Young
G - Nash, Lin, Marshall

You don't think Dallas would love to have Asik?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: We should go after Asik and Lin!

boloflexus wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
boloflexus wrote:

C - Asik, Kaman, Sacre
F - Ariza, Henry
G - Kobe, Young
G - Nash, Lin, Marshall

Would have to eat Lin's contract too, no? So that's $16m they'd need to clear up (Dirk would have to take a paycut).
west
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:37 am    Post subject:

I'm down with Asheek, but not with Lin
boloflexus
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: We should go after Asik and Lin!

yinoma2001 wrote:
boloflexus wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
boloflexus wrote:

C - Asik, Kaman, Sacre
F - Ariza, Henry
G - Kobe, Young
G - Nash, Lin, Marshall

Would have to eat Lin's contract too, no? So that's $16m they'd need to clear up (Dirk would have to take a paycut).

I think they have over $16m in cap space. If they can get Lin, Asik and Jones.. I think they do it. Then again if they sign Gasol, it becomes a mute point.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: We should go after Asik and Lin!

boloflexus wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
boloflexus wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
boloflexus wrote:

C - Asik, Kaman, Sacre
F - Ariza, Henry
G - Kobe, Young
G - Nash, Lin, Marshall

I think they have over $16m in cap space. If they can get Lin, Asik and Jones.. I think they do it. Then again if they sign Gasol, it becomes a mute point.

Right, but does that include Dirk's cap hold? Dirk needs to get re-signed too.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:07 am    Post subject:

freshp wrote:

Actually, at best he's a pretty damn good PG.

It's consistency that's been a problem this year. But I think a lot of that has to do with Harden.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:11 am    Post subject:

No expensive point guards unless they're elite (and even then, big question mark). No point in having a PG that costs money that won't touch the ball a lot.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:13 am    Post subject:

Lin is a little better than Farmar and way better than Marshall. 8 mil against the cap is a little expensive, but not loads expensive... especially since it's expiring.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:19 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
Lin is a little better than Farmar and way better than Marshall. 8 mil against the cap is a little expensive, but not loads expensive... especially since it's expiring.

#Avatar-gate
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:53 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:

But you are paying them $15 million in real salary....
If you get both players that is $30 million for not much of an improvement.
Houston signed both players away and now they don't want to pay their bloated last year salary. Its a suckers trade.
ronnyjeremy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject:

Yes I would love the lakers to help the Rockets by getting their crap so they can free up cap space and sign either a melo or lebron who could help Dwight win a championship.

yay WOOOHOOO!
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

But you are paying them $15 million in real salary....
If you get both players that is $30 million for not much of an improvement.
Houston signed both players away and now they don't want to pay their bloated last year salary. Its a suckers trade.

Why worry about real salary? The Lakers are known for paying tons of money. This year will be be chump change for them even with that.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject:

ronnyjeremy wrote:
Yes I would love the lakers to help the Rockets by getting their crap so they can free up cap space and sign either a melo or lebron who could help Dwight win a championship.

yay WOOOHOOO!

Both are pretty solid players that just don't fit the Rockets right now.
chains
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject:

I think Asik would be a good pickup. but no to Lin.

Who cares anyway, LBJ and or Melo are not going to small market Houston. Coward went cus he went into hiding. Do you really think Houston has a chance. LOL. they got Mr Terrorist from a trade with OKC. Then the terrorist recruited Coward, the Crybaby. Houston seriously believes that they have a shot at LBJ or Melo. That's not gonna happen.

Coward couldn't handle the pressure in LA. Its bout championships here not early first round exits. Mr or should I say Mrs Coward went to Houston crying to the terrorist knowing that the fans/media in Houston will let him off the hook when he fails
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:19 am    Post subject:

chains wrote:
I think Asik would be a good pickup. but no to Lin.

Who cares anyway, LBJ and or Melo are not going to small market Houston. Coward went cus he went into hiding. Do you really think Houston has a chance. LOL. they got Mr Terrorist from a trade with OKC. Then the terrorist recruited Coward, the Crybaby. Houston seriously believes that they have a shot at LBJ or Melo. That's not gonna happen.

Coward couldn't handle the pressure in LA. Its bout championships here not early first round exits. Mr or should I say Mrs Coward went to Houston crying to the terrorist knowing that the fans/media in Houston will let him off the hook when he fails

Terrorist?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: