A Kobe for Amare trade makes too much sense
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject:

Not gonna happen, so let's move this to the Baseless Trade Speculation Forum...
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject:

LakerCity wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LakerCity wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Team of the 80's wrote:
I know I'll create a thread to attract all the Kobe haters on LG and see who responds.

Focus your efforts on actually contributing to thread topics. You're developing a bad habit!

we all know you'd trade Kobe to NYK in a second

For something that would be a net win for the Lakers franchise? Certainly.

I'd pack Kobe's bags if it meant we could get Lebron and Melo together here.

Whatever it takes to get rings for this franchise, is what I'm on board with. You?

ya except the OP didnt mention LeBron or Melo coming together here. Thats not what this thread is about. Let me show you, he said

Quote:
Kobe reunites with phil and Fisher. Melo resigns with NY and they are top 4 team in the East.

its in the 1st post.

So what if the OP didn't mention Lebron. That means nothing.

I simply replied to your post where you said I would trade Kobe in a second. And I would, for the right deal if it meant it made the Lakers better.

Wouldn't you? Or would you prevent the Lakers from getting better?
chains
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: A Kobe for Amare trade makes too much sense

kobe4mvp24 wrote:
Kobe reunites with phil and Fisher. Melo resigns with NY and they are top 4 team in the East.

Amares contract expires after this year, so we would have money for next years FA class

This would assure us the worst record in the league, and we will be able to keep our top 5 picks for next year.

Sounds like a good idea, but it will never happen. KB24 will retire a Laker. Also, KBs wife was born and raised in SoCal.
The Shadow King
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject:

lakersalonpas
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: A Kobe for Amare trade makes too much sense

chains wrote:
kobe4mvp24 wrote:

Amares contract expires after this year, so we would have money for next years FA class

This would assure us the worst record in the league, and we will be able to keep our top 5 picks for next year.

Sounds like a good idea, but it will never happen. KB24 will retire a Laker. Also, KBs wife was born and raised in SoCal.

stranger things have happened. The lakers already got their tv deal with time warner and if you were to ask kobe to prioritize being a laker for life over being a potential 6 time champ, i think you'd get the latter response.

I mean, he'd ACT outraged and would use it for motivation in a public forum (like that hornets tweet diss, don't know what that was all about), but secretly he would be thanking the lakers for trading him to a better situation. We all saw in 2007, he's not above leaving "for pluto" to get some more rings.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
Not gonna happen, so let's move this to the Baseless Trade Speculation Forum...

activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: A Kobe for Amare trade makes too much sense

kobe4mvp24 wrote:

I can't imagine anything more unlikely than the Lakers sending Kobe to NY.
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject:

activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: A Kobe for Amare trade makes too much sense

lakersalonpas wrote:
chains wrote:
kobe4mvp24 wrote:

stranger things have happened. The lakers already got their tv deal with time warner and if you were to ask kobe to prioritize being a laker for life over being a potential 6 time champ, i think you'd get the latter response.

I mean, he'd ACT outraged and would use it for motivation in a public forum (like that hornets tweet diss, don't know what that was all about), but secretly he would be thanking the lakers for trading him to a better situation. We all saw in 2007, he's not above leaving "for pluto" to get some more rings.

The Lakers aren't going to create a public relations disaster for themselves just for the sake of getting cap space a year early.

The only way this would happen is the exact opposite of what you describe: Kobe would have to beg the Lakers to trade him to NY, and the Lakers would grudgingly accept out of respect for Kobe, only after getting Hardaway and a mess of draft picks.
petergr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Only way possible is Kobe demands a trade...then we would be out of the Gilbert Arenas contract fast.
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject:

What alternate universe are you living in? I'm interested to learn about what else makes sense there.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject:

I really wish I could JD the living (bleep) out of this thread.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
Cup-of-noodles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:01 am    Post subject:

That would be a nice message to other stars thinking of coming to the Lakers and how they treat their super stars when they age.. real nice.
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject:

makes sense if Kobe requests it, but only in that scenario.
Cup-of-noodles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:42 am    Post subject:

Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:47 am    Post subject:

The Lakers will have about $30 free next season anyway so I can't see that happening. Kobe's worried about what he's going to do after BB and maybe the Lakers can find a place for him as a Scout or something. His retirement will be a big deal to L.A. and it would be a bad precedent.

If Kobe asked for that trade, maybe. But, that's hard to see happening also. Kobe in N.Y. seem strange for sure.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: