****OFFICIAL FRONT OFFICE DISCUSSION & CRITIQUE THREAD****
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject:

Pau , Kobe and Melo is not going to win anything. Maybe a first round exit.
mugwump
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject:

The problem is that this season will be dangerous for Kobe.

1. To win games with a horrible roster, he will naturally over do the minutes and effort on both ends. If he doesn't they will probably lose more than if Kobe takes over the game. This will wear him down.

2. Injuries that would normally be fixed in the off season will be done now during the season. The reason is that if the team isn't doing well, or doing horribly bad, the nation will point to Kobe as the face of the franchise and howl with laughter. One way to deflect this is to miss bunches of games to deflect the issue. In the past Kobe would play through all injuries unless he couldn't walk. Not this upcoming season.

3. If he criticizes the FO or the coach if things don't go well, he looks bad and he tanks the team morale and publicity. So it's not like he can try to force change through the eager media when things are so bad.

Anyhow, thanks FO for creating another historically bad Laker roster.
lkjhf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject:

if the FO is planning on tanking this upcoming season they're doing an awful job and if they're planning on winning they're doing an awful job
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject:

lkjhf wrote:
if the FO is planning on tanking this upcoming season they're doing an awful job and if they're planning on winning they're doing an awful job

that is funny.

In other words, the FO does not know what it is doing.
tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject:

So when did Jimmy Buss' timeline start for the "in 3 or 4 years" he'll quit business?

Did that start in 2012 or 2013? We know 2014 was _at least_ year 1. Maybe it was year 2 and I'm praying maybe it was year 3?
Triple Double
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Is it at all possible, even at this last date, to sign a player under the cap and then resign Hill and Young?
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:02 am    Post subject:

The Lakers have Lost its Way.

Lakers are becoming too easy of a target.

Thanks to Jim Buss.

Tagurt
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject:

Triple Double wrote:
Is it at all possible, even at this last date, to sign a player under the cap and then resign Hill and Young?

The problem is Nick Young is not a bird agent, so we have to use capspace to sign him. We cannot re-sign Young to go over the cap.
Kobe>Lebron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:

Thanks to Jim Buss.

Ouch, that video is painful to watch.
mykeinla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject:

Lol at the FO for trying to sign Nowitzki to a max contract. Talk about your hail marys.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Kobe>Lebron wrote:
laker4life wrote:

Thanks to Jim Buss.

What is sad is that is the perception other players, agents, and pundits have of this team.

The pattern of poor decisions and lost of free agents reinforces their perceptions.

True or not, we are in deep trouble and it falls one hundred percent on Jim Buss consistent failure to bring in the right people.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject:

tlim wrote:
So when did Jimmy Buss' timeline start for the "in 3 or 4 years" he'll quit business?

Did that start in 2012 or 2013? We know 2014 was _at least_ year 1. Maybe it was year 2 and I'm praying maybe it was year 3?

He made the statement to the LA Times in April of this year 2014.
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Kobe>Lebron wrote:
laker4life wrote:

Thanks to Jim Buss.

King beef
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Fake it till you make it. That is all the organization is about right now. The front office is trying to win over the shallow, young, immatur Laker fan. Any Laker fan who worked a day in their life is going to see through this. No great player is going to want to play on a bare roster. So what does management do, they make a bare roster and say, "we are the Lakers".

I make about 100K a year and I know what it means to have to plan and budget. I have made a lot less in the past and really understood what planning and budgeting meant. THis multi billion dollar organization has no idea what planning and budgeting means on their multi billion dollar level. Why did they offer Dirk a max contract? Dirk was not in any plan they ever let leak to the public, so why the max contract offer? It was to appease the shallow/young aspect of the Laker fan demographic.

Why are they taking so long in hiring a coach? Management is acting like they are going through this rigorous, delicate process but are they really? Given their recent failures, I dont think so. THey are faking it for the public.

I will put it like this, I never thought we had a chance to get Melo or Lebron. In 2 years I dont think we will have a chance to get Love or Durant. No one actually knows though and that is what Management is using to pull the wool over the eyes of Laker fans. "We came really close on Melo". Did we? I dont think so but when you are in "fake it til you make it" mode, that is definitely the narrative you want to push.

This is a bad team, healthy Kobe or not. I hope management is not so delusional that they actually try to win. The wise thing to do is try but stink. It looks like the only way this team will add assets is through the draft, so do that. I hope we have the worst record in the league. And to all the shallow/delusional laker fans who live on bumper sticker arguments like, "we only play for championships", I hope you realize how immature that is.

If we are going to be bad, then give it 100% and be terrible. If we are going to be great, give it 100%. But this "fake it til you make it" approach is setting the franchise back years and killing the legacy of the Lakers.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject:

King beef wrote:
Fake it till you make it. That is all the organization is about right now. The front office is trying to win over the shallow, young, immatur Laker fan. Any Laker fan who worked a day in their life is going to see through this. No great player is going to want to play on a bare roster. So what does management do, they make a bare roster and say, "we are the Lakers".

I make about 100K a year and I know what it means to have to plan and budget. I have made a lot less in the past and really understood what planning and budgeting meant. THis multi billion dollar organization has no idea what planning and budgeting means on their multi billion dollar level. Why did they offer Dirk a max contract? Dirk was not in any plan they ever let leak to the public, so why the max contract offer? It was to appease the shallow/young aspect of the Laker fan demographic.

Why are they taking so long in hiring a coach? Management is acting like they are going through this rigorous, delicate process but are they really? Given their recent failures, I dont think so. THey are faking it for the public.

I will put it like this, I never thought we had a chance to get Melo or Lebron. In 2 years I dont think we will have a chance to get Love or Durant. No one actually knows though and that is what Management is using to pull the wool over the eyes of Laker fans. "We came really close on Melo". Did we? I dont think so but when you are in "fake it til you make it" mode, that is definitely the narrative you want to push.

This is a bad team, healthy Kobe or not. I hope management is not so delusional that they actually try to win. The wise thing to do is try but stink. It looks like the only way this team will add assets is through the draft, so do that. I hope we have the worst record in the league. And to all the shallow/delusional laker fans who live on bumper sticker arguments like, "we only play for championships", I hope you realize how immature that is.

If we are going to be bad, then give it 100% and be terrible. If we are going to be great, give it 100%. But this "fake it til you make it" approach is setting the franchise back years and killing the legacy of the Lakers.

The problem is our FO is led by Jim Buss who is clueless. His daily mantra is probably "we are the Lakers. we are the Lakers".

Unfortunately, our FO is delusional because he has been drinking that Kool Aid of we will be fine, etc. It is obvious when he made that statement of 4 years or I will resign.

My gosh that was idiotic. There is no need to make that statement. If he was educated, he would try to articulate the difficulties that this organization faces because of CBA and other thing, etc. He should have tried to sound intelligent.

Instead, he gives the press the sound bite of "3 years or i am going to resign". 3 years is just around the corner. Kobe will be gone and we will have nothing. You are hoping that Randle is a bonafide star is taking a huge risk.

I am simply amazed of what comes out that guy's mouth.

Now Mitch sounds just as bad on the Summer league game when he commented that we are not going to get a coach until September.

This organization is lost.
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject:

All I have to say is two words: Jim BUST
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject:

FRONT OFFICE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Clark Kent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject: MEDIOCRITY - is this Direction the Lakers are headed this Season?

Playoffs:

1) Spurs
2) Thunder
3) Clippers
4) Blazers
5) Rockets
6) Warriors
7) Mavericks
8) Grizzlies

Are the Lakers as currently constructed better than those Playoff teams? Hard to argue otherwise.

If the Lakers aren't a top 8 team in the West they'd be a lottery team, except for one simple foley - a lottery team without a lottery pick because they'd have to be top 5 worst in the NBA.

9) Pelicans
10) Wolves (depending if Love still there)
11) Lakers
12) Suns

Seems Lakers, especially with their direction of bidding on Carlos Boozer, will likely beat out teams like Denver, Utah, Sacramento, ending up somewhere in 10th-12th rank in the West which likely guarantees both no playoffs and also no lottery pick with the weak East.

So... might we end up in just Mediocrity?
mastersworddude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Who cares we don't have our pick.
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:36 pm    Post subject:

That wouldve been the case if we tied up big money long term into players like Monroe.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

sigh... gaddam boozer...
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

mastersworddude wrote:

We have Houston's pick...
Iron Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject:

mastersworddude wrote:

Lakers get their Pick back from the Suns if they finish with the 5th worst record in the League.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Iron Mamba wrote:
mastersworddude wrote:

Lakers get their Pick back from the Suns if they finish with the 5th worst record in the League.

Yeah but getting the 5th worst record was never realistic with Kobe on the team. The FO is just trying to do it's best field a competitive squad while protecting their future interest.
Clark Kent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject:

mastersworddude wrote:

We get a Top 5 pick as long as we have the 5th worst record.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 10 of 59
Jump to: