****OFFICIAL FRONT OFFICE DISCUSSION & CRITIQUE THREAD****
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Holy sexism batman!

Page 1.

Says the guy in the creeper van stalking Riley Curry!
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:29 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Holy sexism batman!

Page 1.

I thought Riley was Steph's wife's name then you bastard!
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Holy sexism batman!

Page 1.

I thought Riley was Steph's wife's name then you bastard!

Haha

You know you can't ever live that one down man. It's the first thing I think of now when I see your username!

It's ok dude, in 18 years, it'll feel acceptable
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:31 am    Post subject:

Ugh. No respect, no class, but certainly some geniuses who can can run a multi-billion enterprise better than an emotional blonde.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:23 am    Post subject:

Jesus. Jeannie helps set up a deal with TWC that gives the Lakers incredible spending power and ensures profitability for decades to come. She's handled her side of the team, which is the business end, and done so in outstanding fashion. And yet people are insulting her in borderline sexist fashion? (bleep) that.

She's stayed out of the basketball side and has left the work to Mitch and Jim, while providing them with the resources they need (ie money) to execute their vision for the product on the court. That has been consistently maintained by EVERYONE in the Lakers organization, from Jeannie and Jim on down. From what I can see, Jeannie has handled her end of the team with aplomb, time for Jim and Mitch to follow suit, and they have all the tools they need to do so. No excuses.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:30 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
clutchkobe wrote:
jjangx27 wrote:
There she is opening her mouth again. Although she's changing her tune now. Hopefully there is a more united front going forward. Even if it's just for show

Excuse me but she runs the show. You might not like it but get used to it....Jim might run basketball operations...but everything goes through her.

Just out of curiosity, how is that she didn't know who the pick was?

She leaves the basketball decisions to the basketball team: Jim and Mitch. She herself knows she doesn't have the best head for basketball (she's said so herself numerous times), she's basically just a big fan of the Lakers herself, so she keeps herself to what she does know, managing the business operations of the team and let's the basketball side go to work.
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:16 am    Post subject:

This thread became a shame in no time.

Please

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:26 am    Post subject:

1since71 wrote:
love jeanie buss and im glad she is the face of this franchise.If we compare how well she has done her job (making money for the franchise) as opposed to how well basketball operations has done its not even a contest,she boatraced them.They are building a state of the art practice facility,I wonder who's decisions enabled the franchise to do that.

mhan00 wrote:
Jesus. Jeannie helps set up a deal with TWC that gives the Lakers incredible spending power and ensures profitability for decades to come. She's handled her side of the team, which is the business end, and done so in outstanding fashion. And yet people are insulting her in borderline sexist fashion? (bleep) that.

Basically This and This. Also, lets keep things in her perspective. If her stakeholders (TWC, season ticketholders) complain to her, her best way to assuage them is through media. So I would give her the benefit of the doubt that she knows what she's doing.
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:43 am    Post subject:

twisted wrote:
1since71 wrote:
love jeanie buss and im glad she is the face of this franchise.If we compare how well she has done her job (making money for the franchise) as opposed to how well basketball operations has done its not even a contest,she boatraced them.They are building a state of the art practice facility,I wonder who's decisions enabled the franchise to do that.

mhan00 wrote:

Basically This and This. Also, lets keep things in her perspective. If her stakeholders (TWC, season ticketholders) complain to her, her best way to assuage them is through media. So I would give her the benefit of the doubt that she knows what she's doing.

Yup. 100%. Our basketball team is indeed failing the Lakers community.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:35 am    Post subject:

So now we like Jim and hate Jeannie? I can't keep up with you guys.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:17 am    Post subject:

s_habe wrote:
This thread became a shame in no time.

Please

Eh, locking threads won't fix anything. There are going to be more Jeanie Buss threads. She rubs a lot of people the wrong way, and they need to learn to express it without the sexist potshots. Unfortunately, she has provided a lot of ammo, from the Playboy spread to the relationship with PJ. People actually say much nastier stuff about Jim, but it isn't sexist or racial or anything like that. It's just too easy for some people to cross the line with Jeanie.

Jeanie annoys me, but this interview was inoffensive.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:11 am    Post subject: I Don't Care About Free Agency... It's The Lakers Brand That Concerns Me

For a lifelong Lakers fan such as myself, losing out on free agents sucks, but that's life. What really hurts more than anything, is the deterioration of the Lakers brand and standard.

So many mistakes made by Mitch and Jim that have landed us here. It's clear as day that players do not trust this franchise anymore. You can't do what you did to Phil, Pau, Training Staff, as well as other Laker employees and then expect to build anything positive on that.

We are reaping exactly what we sowed. Gonna take awhile for all the ripple effects from the bad decisions to blow over.

I am here no matter what. Just gonna suck rooting for Nick Young again this year.
FerrisVille
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:18 am    Post subject:

give me a break. Its just basketball. Just because our team isnt hitting FA homeruns doesnt mean all is doomed.

FA's werent flocking here in the early mid 90's.. the team built through the draft, just like we are doing now. You and others like you need to be patient and stop being so dramatic.
soonerboy824
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:20 am    Post subject:

see im the opposite. i dont give a crap about the brand i care about free agency
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:21 am    Post subject:

deterioration of brand? I'm sorry but every team goes thrugh bad times but its how fast you get back to the top again, the consistency in that ability is what makes you great.

Mitch said give him 3 years and look what we have in just 2.

Clarkson
Randle
Russell
Upshaw (if gets his head right)
Tarik (hustle and defense)
Anthony Brown (3 and D)
Kobe
24 millions free cap
kobe comes off next year..
all these guys in rookie contracts and 40+ millions to play with.

When i see russell play idc how bad we are right now.. i know in his prime he will win at least 2 ships.. His game is that great. So thank you jimmy and mitch for selecting the right guy.. Everyone expected Green and jimmy takes bynum... everyone expects okafor and he selects dangelo..
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:21 am    Post subject:

Heard this back in the lean years from 2005 to 2007......life isn't all roses in Lakerland....learn to deal with disappointment.
King Nupe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject:

Exactly. Whining like little girls just because we haven't won a ring in 5 years. Guess what? Only 4 teams have! Lakers, Heat, Spurs and Warriors. It happens.

We went 12 years without a title under Dr. Buss. You guys need to stop reading the media. Everything is an agenda. Agents, "leak" information to gain leverage for their players, Teams "leak" information to gain leverage. It's all a game. The Lakers are doing what they always do. Play behind the scenes and make moves.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:23 am    Post subject:

The Brand is tied to winning, not 6-10 years ago. This league is about now, the lakers have a window but like every other team they need to move on it with pics and FA's.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:23 am    Post subject:

King Nupe wrote:
Exactly. Whining like little girls just because we haven't won a ring in 5 years. Guess what? Only 4 teams have! Lakers, Heat, Spurs and Warriors. It happens.

We went 12 years without a title under Dr. Buss. You guys need to stop reading the media. Everything is an agenda. Agents, "leak" information to gain leverage for their players, Teams "leak" information to gain leverage. It's all a game. The Lakers are doing what they always do. Play behind the scenes and make moves.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:24 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Heard this back in the lean years from 2005 to 2007......life isn't all roses in Lakerland....learn to deal with disappointment.

91-96 and 04-07 are totally different. Totally different.

The Lakers are a doormat right now. Not because they lack talent. But it's all about management and the decisions they have made. We literally do not even have a basketball system that we run. If I was a free agent, why would I come here? We are so caught up in palm trees and the past legacy that we have forgotten that basketball comes first.
Jbar805
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:29 am    Post subject:

Ive been a lifelong Raider fan. Ive seen Al Davis run them like a lunatic. Jim Buss is not that far off. He thinks that the brand alone should allure free agents. Its ridiculous.

Picking up second and third tier Coaches and players is gonna portray weakness in this franchise.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
King Nupe wrote:

kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject:

FerrisVille wrote:
give me a break. Its just basketball. Just because our team isnt hitting FA homeruns doesnt mean all is doomed.

FA's werent flocking here in the early mid 90's.. the team built through the draft, just like we are doing now. You and others like you need to be patient and stop being so dramatic.
well he is from the darkside so you have to expect doom and gloom lol
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject:

What Brand?
Spill512
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:49 am    Post subject:

We have no talent right now, coming off a terrible season, and are still garnering serious interest from free agents. Relax.

Once D'Angelo becomes an all star, it'll become much easier.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 37 of 59
Jump to: