Parsons agrees to offer sheet from Mavs
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:28 pm    Post subject: Parsons agrees to offer sheet from Mavs

Chandler Parsons to the Mavs for 3 years/ $45 millions. Rockets will have 3 days to match offer

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/11196519/restricted-free-agent-chandler-parsons-dallas-mavericks-agree-deal-sources-say
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Rockets are screwed...
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Rockets are screwed...

No we aren't. If we want him we can match, unlike we could have next summer. If we think he costs too much then we can let him walk.
Luke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Yep, they can't even do the Asik trade bc NO still has not the cap room to do it the Rockets way.

Not to mention Lin is still in Houston and Lebron is still mulling his options ( so Bosh is waiting).

And Houston will soon be on the clock to match Parsons...
Luke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Rockets are screwed...

No we aren't. If we want him we can match, unlike we could have next summer. If we think he costs too much then we can let him walk.

Yes , you are .

No more Parsons+ max free agent, unless Morey is a real miracle worker.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Rockets are screwed...

Sure they are.
If you really want to keep Parsons, they can't sign Bosh anymore. That means the Mavs can go after Bosh....Rockets are on the clock...
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Rockets are screwed...

keep dreaming.
cccplus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Rockets are screwed...

LOL. rockets's plan back fired! instead of keeping him on a cheap rookie scale for one more year with Bosh (possibly), rockets screwed themselves in so many ways. apparently, they have not learned their lessons with asik and lin. i luv it
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Luke wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Rockets are screwed...

Yes , you are .

The Rockets never had the capspace to offer a full max contract. It was always going to be a shade below. Morey still has a chance to give someone $19M and match on Parsons.

The only tricky part is LeBron deciding, or not, in the next 3 days.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject:

cccplus wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Rockets are screwed...

LOL. rockets's plan back fired! instead of keeping him on a cheap rookie scale for one more year with Bosh (possibly), rockets screwed themselves in so many ways. apparently, they have not learned their lessons with asik and lin. i luv it

How has Houston screwed itself. The two options were:

1) Make Parson's restricted and have the right to match any offer, while having a chance to get 2 for 1 this summer (squeeze another near max guy in and then go over the cap to sign Parsons).

2) Make Parsons unrestricted next year, lose the right to match, and spend all of your available caproom on him.

I'll go with option #1 every time.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Rockets are screwed...

Sure they are.
If you really want to keep Parsons, they can't sign Bosh anymore. That means the Mavs can go after Bosh....Rockets are on the clock...

It will be interesting. Basically, Bosh has three days to decide if he wants to accept the Rockets offer. He's on the clock. Of oourse, if Lebron goes to the Cavs, Bosh is off the clock.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject:

45 million? Jesus...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
oliverginob
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
cccplus wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Rockets are screwed...

1) Make Parson's restricted and have the right to match any offer, while having a chance to get 2 for 1 this summer (squeeze another near max guy in and then go over the cap to sign Parsons).

2) Make Parsons unrestricted next year, lose the right to match, and spend all of your available caproom on him.

you could have kept him on the rookie scale, sign Bosh then give Parsons whatever contract you want next year because you have his bird rights and can go over the cap
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject:

oliverginob wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
cccplus wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Rockets are screwed...

you could have kept him on the rookie scale, sign Bosh then give Parsons whatever contract you want next year because you have his bird rights and can go over the cap

Yes, but then he is unrestricted. I'd rather chase the same guy this summer and give myself the option to keep him if I want him. And for the record, unless another max guy is coming in and destroying our cap regardless, then I don't want him on a max contract.

Last edited by Dreamshake on Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
BallerJohnDoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject:

oliverginob wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
cccplus wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Rockets are screwed...

But he would be an UNRESTRICTED free agent.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Luke wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Rockets are screwed...

Yes , you are .

The Rockets never had the capspace to offer a full max contract. It was always going to be a shade below. Morey still has a chance to give someone $19M and match on Parsons.

Which, given Lebron's history, is anything but a given. Rockets will have until Sunday to match. How often are announcements of this magnitude made on the weekend? So IMO, if Lebron doesn't make his decision by Friday to trigger the dominoes, you guys are out of luck.
Romano338
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Yeah well, before laughing at the screwed Rockets, I look at the Lakers and envy the Rockets' situation
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject:

Romano338 wrote:
Yeah well, before laughing at the screwed Rockets, I look at the Lakers and envy the Rockets' situation

Except for the whole having Harden on your team thing though. I really don't envy that.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject:

srm90 wrote:
Romano338 wrote:

Except for the whole having Harden on your team thing though. I really don't envy that.

Yeah, marshall - Sacre is so much better than Harden - Howard.
I fell you. Only problem is you wouldn't say the same if Harden-Howard were Laker and Marshall-Sacre Rockets.

Objectivity is the key here.
The_Dynasty24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject:

We play for championships in LA. That Harden-Howard lineup lost in the first round this year, definitely not jealous of that. I would rather get a good prospect like Randle than be first round fodder
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Luke wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Rockets are screwed...

Yes , you are .

Which, given Lebron's history, is anything but a given. Rockets will have until Sunday to match. How often are announcements of this magnitude made on the weekend? So IMO, if Lebron doesn't make his decision by Friday to trigger the dominoes, you guys are out of luck.

Out of luck in trying to get a 2 for 1, sure. But that was only possible this summer. It would not have been possible next summer. If we want Parsons we will match. If not then we won't. But at least we get to choose.
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Romano338 wrote:
srm90 wrote:
Romano338 wrote:

Yeah, marshall - Sacre is so much better than Harden - Howard.
I fell you. Only problem is you wouldn't say the same if Harden-Howard were Laker and Marshall-Sacre Rockets.

Objectivity is the key here.

I have no respect for Harden's game whatsoever. Glad he's not a Laker. And that's probably the only player in the league I feel that strongly about.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
oliverginob wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
cccplus wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Rockets are screwed...

Yes, but then he is unrestricted. I'd rather chase the same guy this summer and give myself the option to keep him if I want him. And for the record, unless another max guy is coming in and destroying our cap regardless, then I don't want him on a max contract.

parsons is getting 'unrestricted' $$$ a year early. $15 millions!!! bet the rockets didn't expect that offer. even if they match (unlikely), rockets will have to shed players and not have $$ to spend on others to booster their bench. rockets screwed themselves by losing parsons for nothing a year early.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:53 pm    Post subject:

didn't Howard said one of his reasons for signing with the Rockets was to play with Parsons? LOL

nice way that turned out Dwight...
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
TheSource666
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject:

cccplus wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
oliverginob wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
cccplus wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Rockets are screwed...

parsons is getting 'unrestricted' $$$ a year early. $15 millions!!! bet the rockets didn't expect that offer. even if they match (unlikely), rockets will have to shed players and not have $$ to spend on others to booster their bench. rockets screwed themselves by losing parsons for nothing a year early.

I don't know what is so hard to understand.

*The Rockets can sign Bosh to a MAX this year THEN go over the cap for Parsons.

*Next year he would have been an UFA and the Rockets wouldn't be able to match anything, and they'd have to be the first ones to offer a max contract.

*The Rockets with Bosh couldn't use cap space for any role players anyways, they're still reliant on MLE.

*It's always better to have RFA than UFA because....you can get Dwight Howarded. Ahem, ahem. That's why the Lakers are screwed until Kobe's contract ends.

I'd much, much rather have the Rockets team right now. They also have a lot of assets moving forward.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: