Gee, I wonder why Lebron likes Ray Allen so much?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Gee, I wonder why Lebron likes Ray Allen so much?

When I heard that Allen strongly desires to go wherever Lebron ends up, I just laughed. To me, it's just more evidence of Lebron's lack of offensive firepower. He is the only superstar in NBA history that is considered GOAT-level, but is not an elite scorer. He needs Allen to make up for the fact that he can't really be relied upon for contested shots, so he needs the greatest three point shooter of all time to bail him out. So funny.

Of course, his fans will wonder what the big deal is. Well...to me it's a big deal. Anyone can pass to ray allen. The guy who passes to ray allen shouldn't be considered this amazing player. There was once a time when Ray Allen was the elite scorer on his team. Even HE was a better option than Lebron, and nobody considered him goat of anything.

And it's not like he orchestrates a play like Magic or Nash. He just simply passes the ball away when a defender gets near him. That's the extent of his goat-level brilliance. Sometimes, he can rocket a nice pass here and there, but those are risky, and often lead to turnovers.

Lebron's decision making:
--get ball
--is anyone standing in front of me? (doesn't matter who, even if it's tony parker)
--If yes, pass the ball, preferably to ray allen so he gets an assist. But anyone will do.
--If no, drive until someone steps in front, and then pass.
--If I've already passed too much, I will take a wide open shot. depends on the current stats.
shnxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject:

thanks to ray allen, lebron has his 2nd ring.
PupNamedHector
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject:

shnxx wrote:

Thanks to Horry, Shaq, Fisher and etc., Kobe has his rings.

Your statement makes no sense.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Gee, I wonder why Lebron likes Ray Allen so much?

SuperboyReformed wrote:
To me, it's just more evidence of Lebron's lack of offensive firepower.

I'll make only one contribution to this thread:

James has the third highest scoring average in NBA history, behind only MJ and Wilt.
PupNamedHector
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Gee, I wonder why Lebron likes Ray Allen so much?

SuperboyReformed wrote:
When I heard that Allen strongly desires to go wherever Lebron ends up, I just laughed. To me, it's just more evidence of Lebron's lack of offensive firepower. He is the only superstar in NBA history that is considered GOAT-level, but is not an elite scorer. He needs Allen to make up for the fact that he can't really be relied upon for contested shots, so he needs the greatest three point shooter of all time to bail him out. So funny.

Of course, his fans will wonder what the big deal is. Well...to me it's a big deal. Anyone can pass to ray allen. The guy who passes to ray allen shouldn't be considered this amazing player. There was once a time when Ray Allen was the elite scorer on his team. Even HE was a better option than Lebron, and nobody considered him goat of anything.

And it's not like he orchestrates a play like Magic or Nash. He just simply passes the ball away when a defender gets near him. That's the extent of his goat-level brilliance. Sometimes, he can rocket a nice pass here and there, but those are risky, and often lead to turnovers.

--get ball
--is anyone standing in front of me? (doesn't matter who, even if it's tony parker)
--If yes, pass the ball, preferably to ray allen so he gets an assist. But anyone will do.
--If I've already passed too much, I will take a wide open shot. depends on the current stats.

Quite possibly one of the worst takes in sports history.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Gee, I wonder why Lebron likes Ray Allen so much?

activeverb wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

James has the third highest scoring average in NBA history, behind only MJ and Wilt.

Are you saying he's the third best scorer you've ever seen?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Gee, I wonder why Lebron likes Ray Allen so much?

SuperboyReformed wrote:
activeverb wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

He said he has the third highest scoring average in the history of the league. It's a fact.

That he lacks offensive firepower is not a fact and is laughable at best.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Gee, I wonder why Lebron likes Ray Allen so much?

ringfinger wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
activeverb wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

He said he has the third highest scoring average in the history of the league. It's a fact.

Yes it is a fact. I'm wondering what you're conclusion is. Lebron and his fans hide behind the stats, as if that proves something. It doesn't work that way.

So he has the third highest scoring average. Are you saying he's the third best scorer, in your opinion? I'm saying that his scoring average is high, and he's one of the worst goat-level scorers I've ever seen.

Robert Horry has 7 championships. Fact. (what are we concluding from this fact?)
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject:

PupNamedHector wrote:
shnxx wrote:

touche. Still, (bleep) Lebron
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Gee, I wonder why Lebron likes Ray Allen so much?

PupNamedHector wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

--get ball

And, ironically, one his better ones.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Gee, I wonder why Lebron likes Ray Allen so much?

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
PupNamedHector wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

--get ball

lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Gee, I wonder why Lebron likes Ray Allen so much?

Treble Clef wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
PupNamedHector wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

--get ball

Well then...
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Gee, I wonder why Lebron likes Ray Allen so much?

activeverb wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

Suckmaki Walker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Gee, I wonder why Lebron likes Ray Allen so much?

SuperboyReformed wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
activeverb wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

Yes it is a fact. I'm wondering what you're conclusion is. Lebron and his fans hide behind the stats, as if that proves something. It doesn't work that way.

So he has the third highest scoring average. Are you saying he's the third best scorer, in your opinion? I'm saying that his scoring average is high, and he's one of the worst goat-level scorers I've ever seen.

Robert Horry has 7 championships. Fact. (what are we concluding from this fact?)

Did you not read the other guys post? 3rd HIGHEST, in the most difficult games these players ever play, the NBA Finals. What it shows is the guy can turn on his scoring with the flip of a switch at the highest levels. If he wanted to he could easily average 35 or more a game.

Just because he chooses not to doesn't mean he isn't capable of doing it.
LakerFan4L
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Gee, I wonder why Lebron likes Ray Allen so much?

SuperboyReformed wrote:

--get ball

You understand you just explained basketball, right?
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: Gee, I wonder why Lebron likes Ray Allen so much?

lakers0505 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
PupNamedHector wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

--get ball

Well then...

carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: Gee, I wonder why Lebron likes Ray Allen so much?

SuperboyReformed wrote:
When I heard that Allen strongly desires to go wherever Lebron ends up, I just laughed. .

2013 NBA Finals, game 6, final seconds of regulation.
Enough to tatue his name on Lebron's face.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:49 am    Post subject:

If Lebron and Savannah were Gomez and Morticia, Allen would be Uncle Fester. He goes on family vacations with them...
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: Gee, I wonder why Lebron likes Ray Allen so much?

SuperboyReformed wrote:

--get ball
This is by far the most accurate non hater breakdown of king james. i cant even lie. this is the cold hard truth most dont want to admit because they are afraid to be called haters. and others just want to jump on the "he's the greatest player" bandwagon right now.
since thats the trendy thing to do.

but it shows you how far the nba has falling in what i call real grown men assassin superstars. its a league full of guys that dont want that crazy competition. they all want an easier road to a ring. so the best player in a league full of mentally soft players isnt saying much. its like calling dwight the best center in the nba. he is but who is his competition? I got a c in the class. the rest of the class all failed. so technically I have the best grade in the class. we raise my grade to an A. and everyone else to a C. thats the new nba my friends. grading on a curve, never compare them to the other eras because they cant compare. we're not talking about compare size, length, crazy athleticism. we're talking about killing instinct, iron will.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: Gee, I wonder why Lebron likes Ray Allen so much?

LakerFan4L wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

--get ball

he did. but he didnt just explain superstar legendary player killer instinct iron will basketball.

Do you guys know hwy nash and magic passed the ball most of the time? it was not because they had someone in front of them. it was because they wanted to get all of their player involved. and keep them involved. keep them happy. so they would play on both ends of the floor. in addition, they would hit their guys with passes no matter who was in front of them or not. they were not only throwing SAFE passes. LBJ throws the obvious SAFE pass. which there's nothing wrong with.

his offensive game is cautious. its take the safe shot. which is, rush the rim or take the OPEN jumper only. never take a contested shot, never try to make a thread the needle pass.
when i say never there is obviously some exaggeration to make my point. but we know this is how james plays.

playing like this is why we all wondered about him as a great. we couldnt figure it out. what is it about LBJ that isnt like those other greats from the past. he has the body, the ridiculous athleticism and agility. he can finish with either hand. he seems to be able to shoot well enough. so what is it thats missing? a killer instinct.

someone will swear but he has 2 rings and 4 finals appearance. yeah. in the super soft east, with a team full of hall of a famers. 4 of them. not 4 guys he grew with on his team that became hall of famers. but banded together with 3 other guys going into the hall. and last but not least LBJ is so big and athletic. and i will give him the fact he has the ability to finish with either hand. in an era where you cant defend a perimeter player really tough without foul calls. you have a situation where its like even a mentally soft 10th grader would still beat an iron willed, assassin 5th grader in basketball. just on the size, athletic ability alone. thats what james has done this entire time. if lbj and a prime kobe had the exact same championship caliber team. kobe would beat lebron every single time they met up. same with if it was jordan or magic, etc, etc.

but because those guys no longer exist. he's going up against a soft mentality Paul George. KD who i like but cant decide if its his team or westbrooks, lol. soft mentality. i mean these are the guys that are supposed to take his crown. james harden still choking when they need him most. these are the next guys in line. lol.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:01 am    Post subject:

PupNamedHector wrote:
shnxx wrote:

Thanks to Horry, even Duncan counts 5 rings instead of 4
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: Gee, I wonder why Lebron likes Ray Allen so much?

postandpivot wrote:
LakerFan4L wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

--get ball

he did. but he didnt just explain superstar legendary player killer instinct iron will basketball.

Do you guys know hwy nash and magic passed the ball most of the time? it was not because they had someone in front of them. it was because they wanted to get all of their player involved. and keep them involved. keep them happy. so they would play on both ends of the floor. in addition, they would hit their guys with passes no matter who was in front of them or not. they were not only throwing SAFE passes. LBJ throws the obvious SAFE pass. which there's nothing wrong with.

his offensive game is cautious. its take the safe shot. which is, rush the rim or take the OPEN jumper only. never take a contested shot, never try to make a thread the needle pass.
when i say never there is obviously some exaggeration to make my point. but we know this is how james plays.

playing like this is why we all wondered about him as a great. we couldnt figure it out. what is it about LBJ that isnt like those other greats from the past. he has the body, the ridiculous athleticism and agility. he can finish with either hand. he seems to be able to shoot well enough. so what is it thats missing? a killer instinct.

someone will swear but he has 2 rings and 4 finals appearance. yeah. in the super soft east, with a team full of hall of a famers. 4 of them. not 4 guys he grew with on his team that became hall of famers. but banded together with 3 other guys going into the hall. and last but not least LBJ is so big and athletic. and i will give him the fact he has the ability to finish with either hand. in an era where you cant defend a perimeter player really tough without foul calls. you have a situation where its like even a mentally soft 10th grader would still beat an iron willed, assassin 5th grader in basketball. just on the size, athletic ability alone. thats what james has done this entire time. if lbj and a prime kobe had the exact same championship caliber team. kobe would beat lebron every single time they met up. same with if it was jordan or magic, etc, etc.

but because those guys no longer exist. he's going up against a soft mentality Paul George. KD who i like but cant decide if its his team or westbrooks, lol. soft mentality. i mean these are the guys that are supposed to take his crown. james harden still choking when they need him most. these are the next guys in line. lol.

Yes! That is a great for Lebron...cautious. That's perfect.
He's very cautious. That's why he rarely has a defining moment. All the other GOATs have these moments where they just risked everything, threw caution aside and went for it. Lebron doesn't have these moments for two reasons:
--he's mentally too cautious (his decision)
--he actually CAN't make those plays (he physically doesn't have the skills)

So it's not even that he's not making these decisions or plays. It's more than that. He CAN'T succeed doing those plays because he's not skilled enough. He won't be able to rise up for the contested three when there are 3 guys draped over him. Sometimes, the superstar has to do that! You can't, as a fan, go back to these plays and analyze them and say, "well, he made the RIGHT play and passed to the open man, etc. etc." Sometimes, the GOAT has to make those plays, that's just how it works. When Kobe made those miraculous threes against Portland, yes Slava or whatever was wide open. But sometimes...you just do it. And he did, and we remember it forever. Lebron doesn't do these, he can't. You have to be so good that your skills defy LOGIC to make these plays.

Look who Lebron is teaming up with now, Kyrie Irving! One of the most skilled players in the league, to cover up the fact that lebron doesn't have goat level skills. I'll give lebron credit, he is aware of his weaknesses and knows how to surround himself with far more skilled players, and STILL gets the lion's share of the credit. That's genius marketing.

omg. now bill simmons is calling lebron a genius, jordan's heir. this is so out of control. what is happening? this kind of hype is unsustainable. when lebron's career is over, we are going to be left with the most puzzling highlights. some kid in 2030 is going to looking at highlights of lebron, kobe, mj, magic, etc...and he'll be wondering wtf with lebron;s highlights.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Gee, I wonder why Lebron likes Ray Allen so much?

Treble Clef wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
PupNamedHector wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

--get ball

NBAFAN24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Gee, I wonder why Lebron likes Ray Allen so much?

s
SuperboyReformed wrote:

--get ball

OH NOOOOOOOOOO. Kobe never needed Fisher and Horry to hit big shots in the playoffs. Artest and Ariza never had key moments where they made some defensive plays that led to the Lakers securing possessions, etc, in the playoffs for Kobe. Those things never happened, only LeFraud needs help from other players to hit big shots and make key plays.

It could simply means that LeBron is a better teammate than Kobe, and even some of his former teammates would follow him to play in such a dump city like Cleveland. It just shows that LeBron is a better teammate on and off the court than Kobe is/was/ever will be.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: Gee, I wonder why Lebron likes Ray Allen so much?

NBAFAN24 wrote:
s
SuperboyReformed wrote:

--get ball

OH NOOOOOOOOOO. Kobe never needed Fisher and Horry to hit big shots in the playoffs. Artest and Ariza never had key moments where they made some defensive plays that led to the Lakers securing possessions, etc, in the playoffs for Kobe. Those things never happened, only LeFraud needs help from other players to hit big shots and make key plays.

It could simply means that LeBron is a better teammate than Kobe, and even some of his former teammates would follow him to play in such a dump city like Cleveland. It just shows that LeBron is a better teammate on and off the court than Kobe is/was/ever will be.

And here's the other end of the bad argument spectrum.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: