BREAKING NEWS: LeBron Announces Return to Cleveland
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject:

Actually I'm not mad about this. Except that Mr Gilbert doesn't deserve this gift. From a basketball perspective it is a great decision. All those young players with talent and upside. And a real Coach. Might be really interesting.
If Melo leaves for the Lakers - they win the east finals blindfolded the next decade...
Brandon98
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject:

Fans in Miami going to the graffiti.

Spray out LeBron's face on a mural of the 2012 Champion team. Just showed it on SC.
TooCool
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject:

http://i.imgur.com/ILNd5pE.gif

If you're a wrestling fan you would find this hilarious.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject:

Need to take my mind off of the Lin disaster - Anyway, if Miami has any kind of integrity, they re-sign Wade to his original 2-yr 40 mil contract. He deserves it, and only opted out for the team's benefit.
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject:

As a lifetime Lakers fan... I don't care one iota about LeBron's move to Cleveland...but I will say this: LeBron James is all talent and belongs in the same conversation as Jordan, Kobe, Duncan, Magic, Bird, etc... however... he has absolutely no heart or loyalty and, in these areas, he is nowhere near these other champions.

Instead of staying in Cleveland with an owner and city that did everything he wanted, LeBron bolts to Miami for "instant championships" by forming a trio that included the best 3 players (outside of Melo) from the 2003 NBA Draft and three top 10 NBA players in their prime. LeBron James hadn't played a single game for the Heat before he began taunting the rest of the league about how the Heat were going to win "...not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5..." NBA Championships.

With that, LeBron breaks one Championship, barely slides by and wins his second before getting humiliated, demolished and totally dominated by the Spurs. So, how does LeBron respond to adversity? Does he come back with the Heat next year to win back the Championship? No… No…!!!

This heartless coward tucks his tail between his legs and starts looking for a better roster, which he finds in Cleveland. So, because Mr. Heartless abandons his team, the Miami Heat, and refuses to show loyalty as they strengthen their roster for another run... he announces he's going to Cleveland to "return home". Complete and utter BS. If home was that important, he wouldn't have left in the first place. He's "going back" because he thinks he can instantly win, again abandoning "his team".

Jordan, Kobe, Duncan, Magic, Bird... wasn't "just superstars"... they were the heart and soul of their team and the pride of the city's that loved them. They didn’t “tuck tail” and run after losing, they showed loyalty, pride and the commitment to turn a losing franchise into a winner. They were true superstars who transcended the sports and became icons for the teams that they helped build into champions.

LeBron wants instant gratification without building anything, without showing any loyalty and without proving he can overcome adversity. LeBron James is all talent, no heart… and that is applauded by the “instant gratification” crowd that make up the fans of today.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject:

There's a lot of truth to what you said.
cmonkee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Snoop posted a picture of Kobe with the caption: "I NEVER LEFT"

KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject:

I've been fairly certain that he would return to Cleveland since they landed the #1 pick. I'm just kinda surprised that he'd return to a team who basically wrote a letter that sounded like a Slave Owner upset that his property left the plantation.

OTOH, he's getting $135 Mil so I guess it's all good. For his family and him, good. For the so called "Fans" who burned his Jersey in effigy, I have no good thoughts.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Bigger question. Will ESPN keep the Heat Index?
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:49 pm    Post subject:

cmonkee wrote:
Snoop posted a picture of Kobe with the caption: "I NEVER LEFT"

well snoop changes teams every other day
Magic2Kobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Bigger question. Will ESPN keep the Heat Index?

Heh.
DimesnD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Not sure how Gilbert keeps coming up with Aces? Kyrie Irving wasn't their pick. Clipper's were slated to pick #10. I tend to go with the conspiracy theory. Stern had a last wish - for Lebron to return to Cleveland and to do that Cleveland needed the #1. Convenient.
Murdock
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Win/Win for Lebron and Cleveland.

In Miami he had a tired team coming off of the 4 straight finals runs and the pressure of anything less than a championship is an abysmal failure.

In Cleveland he now has time and little pressure to "win now" as Cleveland is a young/rebuilding team.. and if/when he does win there it'll be bigger than any championship he could win elsewhere.
KareemRushForThree
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject:

M2K wrote:
As a lifetime Lakers fan... I don't care one iota about LeBron's move to Cleveland...but I will say this: LeBron James is all talent and belongs in the same conversation as Jordan, Kobe, Duncan, Magic, Bird, etc... however... he has absolutely no heart or loyalty and, in these areas, he is nowhere near these other champions.

Instead of staying in Cleveland with an owner and city that did everything he wanted, LeBron bolts to Miami for "instant championships" by forming a trio that included the best 3 players (outside of Melo) from the 2003 NBA Draft and three top 10 NBA players in their prime. LeBron James hadn't played a single game for the Heat before he began taunting the rest of the league about how the Heat were going to win "...not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5..." NBA Championships.

With that, LeBron breaks one Championship, barely slides by and wins his second before getting humiliated, demolished and totally dominated by the Spurs. So, how does LeBron respond to adversity? Does he come back with the Heat next year to win back the Championship? No… No…!!!

This heartless coward tucks his tail between his legs and starts looking for a better roster, which he finds in Cleveland. So, because Mr. Heartless abandons his team, the Miami Heat, and refuses to show loyalty as they strengthen their roster for another run... he announces he's going to Cleveland to "return home". Complete and utter BS. If home was that important, he wouldn't have left in the first place. He's "going back" because he thinks he can instantly win, again abandoning "his team".

Jordan, Kobe, Duncan, Magic, Bird... wasn't "just superstars"... they were the heart and soul of their team and the pride of the city's that loved them. They didn’t “tuck tail” and run after losing, they showed loyalty, pride and the commitment to turn a losing franchise into a winner. They were true superstars who transcended the sports and became icons for the teams that they helped build into champions.

LeBron wants instant gratification without building anything, without showing any loyalty and without proving he can overcome adversity. LeBron James is all talent, no heart… and that is applauded by the “instant gratification” crowd that make up the fans of today.

you idiot, if LeBron was looking for the best roster he would have gone to Houston. Beverley, Harden, Parsons, James, Howard.

Moronic haters will moronically hate.
ronnyjeremy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject:

M2K wrote:

Right on the money. I would have had more respect for him, after he lost the finals to come back stronger than ever and win like the Spurs. Instead, he quit the team to go to a better one and screwed Wade in the process.
dfchang813
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject:

M2K wrote:

Wow? Really? How great you must have been at 25-26 yrs old. Never made a mistake then did you?

He learned, he grew up, and he chose to go back to Cleveland over South Beach. Did you read the letter he wrote for SI? It was beautiful, sincere, introspective, mature, and thoughtful. I am not a Lebron fan by any stretch of the imagination but that letter made even me a little misty eyed.

I wish him and Cleveland the best and hope they win a championship. Great great story and your reaction is frankly not only pathetic but just sad. Smh.
LakerCity
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject:

KareemRushForThree wrote:
M2K wrote:

you idiot, if LeBron was looking for the best roster he would have gone to Houston. Beverley, Harden, Parsons, James, Howard.

born must've bent you over something nice huh?
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) Miami. Time for those losers to get back to being fakes at something else.

God bless Kobe Bean Bryant and Gianna Maria Onore Bryant.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:31 pm    Post subject:

KareemRushForThree wrote:
M2K wrote:

Houston is in the Western Conference. Bron bron has better sense than coming out west where the big boys play. He'd rather stay in the pity East and that Cleveland team he's on can easily get to the finals for the next couple years. Too much competition out west.
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject:

dfchang813 wrote:
I am not a Lebron fan by any stretch of the imagination but that letter made even me a little misty eyed.

bahahahahaha

C'mon, guy.
akbroker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject:

drzucchini wrote:
dfchang813 wrote:
I am not a Lebron fan by any stretch of the imagination but that letter made even me a little misty eyed.

bahahahahaha

C'mon, guy.

not even sure if serious misty eyed

seriously though, lebron would never have given a second thought bout his "hometown" if they three-peated. dude who wrote that lengthy post is spot on.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:28 am    Post subject:

dfchang813 wrote:
M2K wrote:

Wow? Really? How great you must have been at 25-26 yrs old. Never made a mistake then did you?

He learned, he grew up, and he chose to go back to Cleveland over South Beach. Did you read the letter he wrote for SI? It was beautiful, sincere, introspective, mature, and thoughtful. I am not a Lebron fan by any stretch of the imagination but that letter made even me a little misty eyed.

I wish him and Cleveland the best and hope they win a championship. Great great story and your reaction is frankly not only pathetic but just sad. Smh.

You really think he wrote that letter? OK.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:54 am    Post subject:

M2K wrote:

LeBron doesn't have it in his DNA to be a Kobe or an MJ, either one of them. But he's a great, basketball player and a fine young man as far as I can see. I wouldn't want him as a Laker because he's a flopper, and his game is boring to watch, being a Kobe fan has done that to me.

But to criticize him in the manner of this letter is out of line and harsh IMO. His letter explained who, what and why and it is him laying his soul bare. I love it.
SP_Fever
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:07 am    Post subject:

Brandon98 wrote:
Fans in Miami going to the graffiti.

Spray out LeBron's face on a mural of the 2012 Champion team. Just showed it on SC.

https://twitter.com/WPLGLocal10/status/487658032965242880/photo/1

Wade's face
Phil Jackson (June 17th, 2009):"What was our model of this team? The Ring, the ring, that was the model. Its not just this band of gold, its the circle that's made a bond between all of these players, a great love for one another, its a great feeling."
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:10 am    Post subject:

That essay was awesome. I hope Lebron wins in Cleveland.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: