Could you imagine if LeBron James was a ship captain? And the boat was sinking...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
NYClakerguy wrote:
stop with the Lebron hate.

There's really nothing he can do for you to not hate him, is there?

honestly, this is getting ridiculous.
sounds like you shouldnt be in threads like this then. lol. this is a lbj hate thread. love it or leave it alone.

Anyone who hates LBJ needs to get some perspective on, or perhaps, get an actual life. Dude has done nothing to anyone that we know of to deserve hatred.

I find this kind of argument to be pointless and inaccurate. It's a dismissive way to negate the opinion without offering substance to the dismissal.

While I don't hate him, I do find him to be an incredibly self-absorbed douchebag. And it's the fact that I have some life perspective that leads me to that conclusion.

I'm not negating an opinion. I'm offering that to have one of the strongest negative emotions, the type of emotion that is usually reserved for people that hurt your children, for LBJ is just ridiculous. Substance. Don't hate people who you don't hurt anyone.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Weird analogy. The owner of the ship is Mickey Arison. The captain is Pat Riley. The first mate is Erik Spoelstra. Lebron was the helmsman. Bosh and Wade were his fellow crewman. After this year's voyage, Lebron just quit and joined the crew of a newer, fancier ship. Bosh just got a max contract to stay, and Wade is about to get paid a lot more than he's worth. The passengers just saw their old crew go to the Finals four times and win two titles. Without Lebron at the helm next year, the voyage may be less fun.

Oh, what a tale of woe.

I realize that sports fans tend to be haters, and that Lebron is an easy target. But come on, the sinking ship analogy is just dumb.

At least "Captain Lebron" didn't tell the world that he'd rather sail on Pluto.

Kobe saying he'd rather play on Pluto is somehow worse than actually dumping 2 fanbases?

Is leaving as a free agent worse than demanding a trade when you're under contract? In both situations, the player is doing what he thinks is best for number one. As Steve points out, Kobe was ready to bail on us in '04, too. As I said, sports fans tend to be haters, and nothing is going to change about that. This is just silly, though. Lebron isn't doing anything that Kobe wouldn't have done if he was able to in '07 and if he was willing to sacrifice the money in '04. He didn't stay because he loved you more than Lebron loved the Heat fans.

If we're going to use the nautical example, he didn't jump off the sinking ship in '04 because the owner paid him to stay, and he didn't jump off the sinking ship in '07 because the owner had locked him in his cabin. Wow, that's morally superior.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Dominator wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Weird analogy. The owner of the ship is Mickey Arison. The captain is Pat Riley. The first mate is Erik Spoelstra. Lebron was the helmsman. Bosh and Wade were his fellow crewman. After this year's voyage, Lebron just quit and joined the crew of a newer, fancier ship. Bosh just got a max contract to stay, and Wade is about to get paid a lot more than he's worth. The passengers just saw their old crew go to the Finals four times and win two titles. Without Lebron at the helm next year, the voyage may be less fun.

Oh, what a tale of woe.

I realize that sports fans tend to be haters, and that Lebron is an easy target. But come on, the sinking ship analogy is just dumb.

Kobe saying he'd rather play on Pluto is somehow worse than actually dumping 2 fanbases?

Is leaving as a free agent worse than demanding a trade when you're under contract? In both situations, the player is doing what he thinks is best for number one. As Steve points out, Kobe was ready to bail on us in '04, too. As I said, sports fans tend to be haters, and nothing is going to change about that. This is just silly, though. Lebron isn't doing anything that Kobe wouldn't have done if he was able to in '07 and if he was willing to sacrifice the money in '04. He didn't stay because he loved you more than Lebron loved the Heat fans.

If we're going to use the nautical example, he didn't jump off the sinking ship in '04 because the owner paid him to stay, and he didn't jump off the sinking ship in '07 because the owner had locked him in his cabin. Wow, that's morally superior.

Neither is a good look.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
NYClakerguy wrote:
stop with the Lebron hate.

There's really nothing he can do for you to not hate him, is there?

honestly, this is getting ridiculous.
sounds like you shouldnt be in threads like this then. lol. this is a lbj hate thread. love it or leave it alone.

Anyone who hates LBJ needs to get some perspective on, or perhaps, get an actual life. Dude has done nothing to anyone that we know of to deserve hatred.

I find this kind of argument to be pointless and inaccurate. It's a dismissive way to negate the opinion without offering substance to the dismissal.

While I don't hate him, I do find him to be an incredibly self-absorbed douchebag. And it's the fact that I have some life perspective that leads me to that conclusion.

I'm not negating an opinion. I'm offering that to have one of the strongest negative emotions, the type of emotion that is usually reserved for people that hurt your children, for LBJ is just ridiculous. Substance. Don't hate people who you don't hurt anyone.

You are leaning too heavily on the textbook definition of hate versus the term when it comes to sports fans expressing themselves.

As for the "don't hurt anyone" part, El BJ (bleep)-slapped the fans of Cleveland when he handled the whole Decision so undeniably poorly - and did so needlessly and without even a lick of decency or respect. No, he's not Aaron Hernandez or Michael Vick, but El BJ certainly has certainly earned the contempt he has received over the years.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Dominator wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Oh, what a tale of woe.

This thread reminded me of Kobe nearly joining the Clippers after Shaq left, and then making comments like "Get a Bulls uniform fellas." You can't criticize Lebron and overlook what Kobe did unless you want to have your cake and eat it too.

If you're going to criticize Lebron for dumping fanbases, then what about Shaq leaving Orlando for LA? Or Fisher leaving Utah for LA? Utah fans were pretty upset about that, as they booed Fisher hard when he came back.

Seriously? I wasn't aware that Shaq needed critical care for his child that was only available in LA or NY.
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:07 am    Post subject:

seen him do it twice already... what's left to imagine? lol
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:33 am    Post subject:

Luke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Luke wrote:
You should "google" Schettino

I'm aware of the story. I'm not in agreement he should have allowed himself to perish along with the ship.

Please, don't let your love for Lebron make you blind or stupid.

I know that Lebron doesn't really compare to Schettino ( that's only basketball), but next time please don't ever say anymore that Schettino did the right thing

Umm. I never said Schettino did the right thing.

What I said was that I don't agree that Schettino should have allowed himself to die by perishing along with the sinking ship.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:41 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Ringfinger.. Don't take this wrong.. Are you even familiar with a captains role on a ship when it is in distress? Or are you just applying selfish logic to the scenario?

Of course I am. But the analogy doesn't apply. And FWIW, the analogy given was a sinking ship, not a distressed ship.

If he stays with the Heat indefinitely, he'd perish, along with the ship. That's not the captains role.

Captain is the last one off in either scenario

And if someone refuses to get off the ship? Must the captain allow himself to die?

Plus, how is Lebron the captain of a ship? He's more like the deck boss. The NBA does not allow player/owners or player/coaches so he is not a captain at all. Awful analogy that feels more like trying to squish a square peg in a round hole.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:44 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Dominator wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Oh, what a tale of woe.

This thread reminded me of Kobe nearly joining the Clippers after Shaq left, and then making comments like "Get a Bulls uniform fellas." You can't criticize Lebron and overlook what Kobe did unless you want to have your cake and eat it too.

If you're going to criticize Lebron for dumping fanbases, then what about Shaq leaving Orlando for LA? Or Fisher leaving Utah for LA? Utah fans were pretty upset about that, as they booed Fisher hard when he came back.

And no one was faulting Lebron for thinking about leaving Miami when he was interviewing with the Lakers either. People want to sign a max player, well, you can't sign a max player if you don't want 'captains' leaving their ships.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: