What happens to the Heat?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SOLakerFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:52 am    Post subject: What happens to the Heat?

So what happens to the Heat? If I'm Riley, I encourage Dwayne Wade to go to Chicago and Bosh to Houston. This would free up all of their cap space for next summer. Wade and Bosh can use Lebron's same letter to talk about how they too want to go home.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: What happens to the Heat?

SOLakerFan wrote:
So what happens to the Heat? If I'm Riley, I encourage Dwayne Wade to go to Chicago and Bosh to Houston. This would free up all of their cap space for next summer. Wade and Bosh can use Lebron's same letter to talk about how they too want to go home.

I think Lebron leaving won't affect the Heat wanting to keep Bosh. It's not like there is a better replacement. It think it's more likely that Bosh will be the one to decide to leave.

Wade is more complicated. He was really doing the Heat a favor by opting out, and I suspect there is an agreement to protect him. If Bosh and Lebron leave, I wouldn't be shocked to see the Heat resign him under his original two year terms. He might get a Kobe "thanks for the memories" payoff.

But who knows - maybe he doesn't have any protection and he'll get screwed.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: What happens to the Heat?

SOLakerFan wrote:

I think Lebron leaving won't affect the Heat wanting to keep Bosh. It's not like there is a better replacement. It think it's more likely that Bosh will be the one to decide to leave.

Wade is more complicated. He was really doing the Heat a favor by opting out, and I suspect there is an agreement to protect him. If Bosh and Lebron leave, I wouldn't be shocked to see the Heat resign him under his original two year terms. He might get a Kobe "thanks for the memories" payoff.

But who knows - maybe he doesn't have any protection and he'll get screwed.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:11 am    Post subject:

Start from scratch considering Bosh is likely going to Houston. They did it once pretty well, they can do it again.
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Resign Bosh and Wade, and go from there. Even without Lebron that's an attractive destination for free agents.
Wags_16
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Sounds like they're building their team around a soft, finesse PF and giving him $118 million.
jdm43390
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject:

The Heat Index will be gone, thank GOD
Murdock
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject:

What? there's an NBA team in Miami?
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Lol I guess the Heat think they still have a good chance without Lebron and handing Bosh a max contract. Without Lebron they will no longer be the attractive place for ring chasers to go.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject:

I want to know what Bosh is thinking? That team is going to stink unless they sign Melo which won't happen now.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
I want to know what Bosh is thinking? That team is going to stink unless they sign Melo which won't happen now.

Even with an impressive looking roster, Houston would still be a bit of a question mark. They might not even get past the first or second round in a loaded West. How many points would Bosh score with Howard and Harden? In Miami, he gets a lot more shots, the guaranteed money and a place he is more familiar and comfortable with. He already has 2 rings, so I think his decision makes a lot of sense.

If Bosh picked Houston and it didn't work out, he could easily regret passing up the extra money offered by Miami.
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject:

On the jumbotron for player intros: might as well use Undertaker's theme song.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Even with an impressive looking roster, Houston would still be a bit of a question mark. They might not even get past the first or second round in a loaded West. How many points would Bosh score with Howard and Harden? In Miami, he gets a lot more shots, the guaranteed money and a place he is more familiar and comfortable with. He already has 2 rings, so I think his decision makes a lot of sense.

If Bosh picked Houston and it didn't work out, he could easily regret passing up the extra money offered by Miami.

Agreed. He's already won 2 rings as the 3rd amigo. Take the money and greater responsibility in Miami and try leading again.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Agreed. He's already won 2 rings as the 3rd amigo. Take the money and greater responsibility in Miami and try leading again.

I think it's more basic: He really likes living in Miami, and doesn't like Texas. It's more about lifestyle than basketball. And that's cool. I know a lot of people on LG get worked up about "legacy." Bosh's "legacy" is basically being Kevin McHale or Pau Gasol - great career but hardly anyone wlll give him any thought after he's retired.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: