OFFICIAL JEREMY LIN THREAD....WELCOME TO LINSANITY!! (Attn: New and old posters - Please read message on page 1 before posting)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 130, 131, 132 ... 193, 194, 195  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
I kinda like all these new posters on LG. Nice to see some fresh faces

Dude the LG is absolutely heaven. The mods here are like the NBA...faaaaaantastic!
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Jeremy Lin DEFENSE

jmat wrote:
That's a great clip of his defense in the Portland series. I didn't realize how much better he's become; why do people keep slamming his D? Lillard's winning shot came after Lin had been subbed out!

tomato123 wrote:
recommend this highlight in playoffs. He did great defense on Lillard. But Mchale bench Jeremy with ONLY 0.9seconds left.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0zfwuGyKHU

Exactly. It makes me sick when I keep hearing to this day about JLin's defense and how Lillard went off in the Portland series. HE DIDNT GUARD HIM MOST OF THE TIME. Who actually DID get ROASTED by Lillard all series long? All NBA 2nd team D patrick beverley. Jeremy played fantastic defense against Lillard ALL YEAR--not just in that series. I wish I had footage of the rockets/blazers first meeting of the year. The rockets destroyed the blazers in the second half primarily because Jeremy GOOSE-EGGED Lillard when he guarded him. the JL bad on defense hyperbole was simply perpetuated and exaggerated by the rockets media as an excuse for bringing up Beverley and marginalizing him because they knew they were going to dump his salary eventually all along. And yes, Lillard's dagger with 0.9? JL on the bench. Harden and Beverley a complete defensive MESS.
Pgforlife
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject:

-Showtime- wrote:
showmethemoney wrote:
Lin's fans think he is the reincarnation of God.

That's an interesting take.

Could you post what numbers would that reincarnation post when he plays basketball.

I think someone has a prediction list running.

That would indicate which of the people are categorically Lin fans.

81 points.
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Stephen A. Smith is never wrong, just listen to his Super Bowl prediction last year....
better yet listen to his comically stunted rant re: Ray Rice and how women need to do what they can to not PROVOKE abuse. It's landing him in a stinky stinky sinkhole right now!
showmethemoney
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Response

webattorney wrote:
showmethemoney wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
Drifts wrote:
I really didn't expect good comments from Stephen A about JLin... he toes the line same where Mayweather toes the line when it comes to Lin... almost views it like JLin is taking jobs away from black PGs... I hope Scott actually lets JLin play.

To be fair I don't think that's accurate at all. I think the criticism has been that Jlin gets undue praise when other black pgs have done things similar to him without the praise especially of mainstream media.

Most fans think Lin is a good NBA quality player. Lin's fans think he is the reincarnation of God. Let's see how well he adjusts to the new system that Byron Scott implements for the Lakers.

I am a Lin fan, and I don't think he's at all near top 10 PG right now. He has a potential to be a top 10 PG though. I also don't think Kyrie Irving is a top 10 PG either when you look at him as an all around player, defense included. I don't think Kyrie makes his team all that much better. I love Parker though. IMO, most NBA watchers think Lin is below average player, not a "good NBA quality player."

As a bystander for the most part, I can't really comment too much about Lin's overall play. However, I don't think he is a subpar NBA player by any means. Like Kobe said after he played Lin in NY during the height of Linsanity, you don't discover talents. They were there all the time and the GMs simply missed out on Lin.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject:

kinein wrote:
Rivershow wrote:

No doubt mayweather is a trash human being but I'm just offering the rationale.

Don't care about the rationale and reasoning of a racist like Floyd Mayweather. Like Donald Sterling he is rich because of his success. It doesn't make him a person to admire.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/02/floyd-mayweather-racist-rant_n_703731.html

He deserves to be vilified.

........ and its back to Laker talk and Jeremy Lin!

My point was that I don't think they hate Lin because he's asian and more just because they perceive a difference of attitude towards lin vs other players.
Pgforlife
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject:

DL24 wrote:
meows a lot wrote:
DL24 wrote:
meows a lot wrote:
Nice Bryon offered Job. Yee.

It's Byron, not Bryon.

=)

[DELETED]

[DELETED]

Wow guys. You guys need to cut that out. Those kind of jokes don't fly in the States.
-Showtime-
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Pgforlife wrote:
-Showtime- wrote:
showmethemoney wrote:
Lin's fans think he is the reincarnation of God.

That's an interesting take.

Could you post what numbers would that reincarnation post when he plays basketball.

I think someone has a prediction list running.

That would indicate which of the people are categorically Lin fans.

81 points.

Darn, that means no one here is a Lin fan.
HobKobLin
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: FT for Lin

NomisR wrote:
webattorney wrote:
One reason I think Lin can score 4 or 5 points more than he did in Houston is because I believe Lin will get more favorable or "fairer" foul calls as a Laker, due to a greater media scrutiny if calls are not fair and also because Lakers organization will complain if they feel Lin is not getting fair foul calls (not sure on this). I feel that refs were very stingy in calling fouls against Lin. Often, I really thought Lin got fouled but no foul calls. This lack of foul calls on Lin in some sense decreased his ability to score at FT line.

Eh, if you've been watching the Lakers for the past 30+ years, you would know that we actually don't get the calls. We get calls against us... just look at Kobe.. he pretty much has to get his arms torn off and a broken nose just to get a call going in his favor.

If there was one play that sealed the deal for me in terms of disliking Wade it was when he broke Kobe's nose hacking him during an all star game.
-Showtime-
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Jeremy Lin DEFENSE

DJ Slik wrote:
jmat wrote:
That's a great clip of his defense in the Portland series. I didn't realize how much better he's become; why do people keep slamming his D? Lillard's winning shot came after Lin had been subbed out!

tomato123 wrote:
recommend this highlight in playoffs. He did great defense on Lillard. But Mchale bench Jeremy with ONLY 0.9seconds left.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0zfwuGyKHU

Exactly. It makes me sick when I keep hearing to this day about JLin's defense and how Lillard went off in the Portland series. HE DIDNT GUARD HIM MOST OF THE TIME. Who actually DID get ROASTED by Lillard all series long? All NBA 2nd team D patrick beverley. Jeremy played fantastic defense against Lillard ALL YEAR--not just in that series. I wish I had footage of the rockets/blazers first meeting of the year. The rockets destroyed the blazers in the second half primarily because Jeremy GOOSE-EGGED Lillard when he guarded him. the JL bad on defense hyperbole was simply perpetuated and exaggerated by the rockets media as an excuse for bringing up Beverley and marginalizing him because they knew they were going to dump his salary eventually all along. And yes, Lillard's dagger with 0.9? JL on the bench. Harden and Beverley a complete defensive MESS.

That's a good point, Lin held Lillard to zero points in that game in the 4th quarter until he was subbed out in that last 0.9s.
showmethemoney
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:29 pm    Post subject:

JK_Reloaded wrote:
showmethemoney wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
Drifts wrote:
I really didn't expect good comments from Stephen A about JLin... he toes the line same where Mayweather toes the line when it comes to Lin... almost views it like JLin is taking jobs away from black PGs... I hope Scott actually lets JLin play.

To be fair I don't think that's accurate at all. I think the criticism has been that Jlin gets undue praise when other black pgs have done things similar to him without the praise especially of mainstream media.

Most fans think Lin is a good NBA quality player. Lin's fans think he is the reincarnation of God. Let's see how well he adjusts to the new system that Byron Scott implements for the Lakers.

I'm a Lin fan. I don't think he's the reincarnation of God.

Okay, I admit that was done in poor taste. I was just making fun of Lin's constant praise for the Almighty God. For a while, I thought he was the reincarnation of Joel Osteen.

Lin will have God-like status in LA if he can deliver 17/8 next season.
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject:

NomisR wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
NomisR wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
Drifts wrote:

Not sure of a black player,... or any player, that has done something similar to him. His story is pretty unique. A perfect storm of several underdog situations all combined.

Well, considering that most 2nd round draft picks don't make it in the NBA let alone gets the spotlight. And then the fact that most players even though more talented than Lin, have often time choked when even the starting position and playing time, I think it shows that Lin at least did something right that a lot of players didn't.

Not to get too technical, but Lin wasn't even a 2nd round draft pick. He went undrafted.

Which was actually part of my point making it even more incredible. So basically, most black guys don't do this either.

Exactly right. No black or white player has faced his level of prejudice IN BASKETBALL--ever. Prime example: No black or white player who was the MVP of a California state high school champion has ever NOT gotten a single scholarship offer to ball in college. Never have and never will happen. His story in the history of basketball has been singularly unique. That was redundant, sorry.
showmethemoney
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Pgforlife wrote:
DL24 wrote:
meows a lot wrote:
DL24 wrote:
meows a lot wrote:

It's Byron, not Bryon.

=)

[DELETED]

Definitely not on LG.

[DELETED]

Wow guys. You guys need to cut that out. Those kind of jokes don't fly in the States.
DL24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject:

showmethemoney wrote:
Pgforlife wrote:
DL24 wrote:
meows a lot wrote:
DL24 wrote:
meows a lot wrote:

It's Byron, not Bryon.

=)

[DELETED]

Definitely not on LG.

[DELETED]

wow cmon guys, everyone knows me and meow are big Lin fans and respect all the posters on LG, it was totally meant as a fun little joke...

- Ralph Waldo Emerson
psy123321123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject:

cgambino123 wrote:
12 wrote:
cgambino123 wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
showmethemoney wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
Drifts wrote:

I think Lin will inevitably be a good-great player, probably never top 3 at his position but anywhere from top 4-10.

Even that's a stretch. Too many really good PGs right now. I'd be happy if he was top 15.

CP3
Kyrie
Lillard
Tony Parker
Westbrook
Curry
Deron Williams
Rondo
John Wall

These are the guys that are competing with Lin. And I haven't even mentioned Ty Lawson, Brandon Jennings, Jrue Holiday, Bledsoe and a random dude by the name of Derrick Rose.

Who do you kick out of that list? Don't get me wrong, maybe Lin can do some real damage and knock off those guys one by one. But as it stands now, it's looking pretty tough.

Yeah I agree with you. I'll even add in other guys like Dragic, Lowry, Rubio, and Conley. That's why I said I'd be happy if he was top 15. Because he's not there right now.

But don't give me Jennings. Jennings is horrible

Rubio? You have got to be kidding right?
metalogic7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: FT for Lin

webattorney wrote:
One reason I think Lin can score 4 or 5 points more than he did in Houston is because I believe Lin will get more favorable or "fairer" foul calls as a Laker, due to a greater media scrutiny if calls are not fair and also because Lakers organization will complain if they feel Lin is not getting fair foul calls (not sure on this). I feel that refs were very stingy in calling fouls against Lin. Often, I really thought Lin got fouled but no foul calls. This lack of foul calls on Lin in some sense decreased his ability to score at FT line.

While I agree that Lin doesn't get many fouls calls, I think one of the reasons is because he sometimes looks so out of control especially when he drives into the lane. I don't think the refs wanna feel like they are bailing him out.

Like he said himself, he needs to stay aggressive but have to look like he is in control. That will go a long way.
kinein
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
kinein wrote:
Rivershow wrote:

No doubt mayweather is a trash human being but I'm just offering the rationale.

Don't care about the rationale and reasoning of a racist like Floyd Mayweather. Like Donald Sterling he is rich because of his success. It doesn't make him a person to admire.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/02/floyd-mayweather-racist-rant_n_703731.html

He deserves to be vilified.

........ and its back to Laker talk and Jeremy Lin!

My point was that I don't think they hate Lin because he's asian and more just because they perceive a difference of attitude towards lin vs other players.

I think everyone understands that. But is it necessary to bring up something that has been discussed since 2012? There are countless perceptions, everyone is entitled to their own and no ones changing anyone else' perception.

It is what is. The world ain't going to stop just because millions like Lin and others don't like Lin. They all have their own reasons. Life goes on.
metalogic7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject:

If Lin does worse than 15/5 in a starting role I'd consider that an utter disappointment.
Lostology
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Pgforlife wrote:
DL24 wrote:
meows a lot wrote:
DL24 wrote:
meows a lot wrote:

It's Byron, not Bryon.

=)

[DELETED]

[DELETED]

And so it begins...
Lostology
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Already 131 pages before Lin even plays a minute for the Lakers. I'm betting 500 pages before the first game. And 1000 pages after the first game...lol
basketofballs
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Lostology wrote:
Already 131 pages before Lin even plays a minute for the Lakers. I'm betting 500 pages before the first game. And 1000 pages after the first game...lol

Hmm... Are you sure? That seems a little low.
basketofballs
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject:

metalogic7 wrote:
If Lin does worse than 15/5 in a starting role I'd consider that an utter disappointment.

If Lin does 14/4 but the Lakers make the playoffs, would that still be a disappointment? What if he goes 14/4 but all his percentages go up? Like FG%, 3PT%, AST/TO%, etc.? I'd love for him to average high numbers but what I want to see most is to improve his ability to impact games when he's "off" offensively. That's when you know you have a star.
DL24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject:

basketofballs wrote:
Lostology wrote:

Hmm... Are you sure? That seems a little low.

I'm pretty sure the server will crash after every game

- Ralph Waldo Emerson
DL24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject:

basketofballs wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:

If Lin does 14/4 but the Lakers make the playoffs, would that still be a disappointment? What if he goes 14/4 but all his percentages go up? Like FG%, 3PT%, AST/TO%, etc.? I'd love for him to average high numbers but what I want to see most is to improve his ability to impact games when he's "off" offensively. That's when you know you have a star.

His volume numbers went down in houston, but all his efficiency numbers went up, that's how you know he improved while being in a no-win situation

- Ralph Waldo Emerson
-Showtime-
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject:

basketofballs wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:

I would be disappointed if he goes 14/4 even if they do reach the playoffs. That means he's not assisting enough as a main point guard.

If he goes 14/8, 14/9, 14/10 and we reach the playoffs, I would be pretty happy. I care more about Lin impacting our team and getting everyone involved to make them better.

Anything above that is a bonus to me.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 130, 131, 132 ... 193, 194, 195  Next
Page 131 of 195
Jump to: