OFFICIAL JEREMY LIN THREAD....WELCOME TO LINSANITY!! (Attn: New and old posters - Please read message on page 1 before posting)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 131, 132, 133 ... 193, 194, 195  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JK_Reloaded
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject:

showmethemoney wrote:
JK_Reloaded wrote:
showmethemoney wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
Drifts wrote:
I really didn't expect good comments from Stephen A about JLin... he toes the line same where Mayweather toes the line when it comes to Lin... almost views it like JLin is taking jobs away from black PGs... I hope Scott actually lets JLin play.

To be fair I don't think that's accurate at all. I think the criticism has been that Jlin gets undue praise when other black pgs have done things similar to him without the praise especially of mainstream media.

Most fans think Lin is a good NBA quality player. Lin's fans think he is the reincarnation of God. Let's see how well he adjusts to the new system that Byron Scott implements for the Lakers.

I'm a Lin fan. I don't think he's the reincarnation of God.

Okay, I admit that was done in poor taste. I was just making fun of Lin's constant praise for the Almighty God. For a while, I thought he was the reincarnation of Joel Osteen.

Lin will have God-like status in LA if he can deliver 17/8 next season.

No biggs no biggs.

I'm rooting for a 17/9 season. That's my bar. Lin best get that, or Imma downgrade my fan status.
mdrlakers
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:04 pm    Post subject:

DL24 wrote:
showmethemoney wrote:
Pgforlife wrote:
DL24 wrote:
meows a lot wrote:
DL24 wrote:
meows a lot wrote:
Nice Bryon offered Job. Yee.

It's Byron, not Bryon.

=)

[DELETED]

Definitely not on LG.

[DELETED]

Wow guys. You guys need to cut that out. Those kind of jokes don't fly in the States.

wow cmon guys, everyone knows me and meow are big Lin fans and respect all the posters on LG, it was totally meant as a fun little joke...

I think they were pretty funny but I can also see why some ppl may get offended.
metalogic7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject:

basketofballs wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:
If Lin does worse than 15/5 in a starting role I'd consider that an utter disappointment.

If Lin does 14/4 but the Lakers make the playoffs, would that still be a disappointment? What if he goes 14/4 but all his percentages go up? Like FG%, 3PT%, AST/TO%, etc.? I'd love for him to average high numbers but what I want to see most is to improve his ability to impact games when he's "off" offensively. That's when you know you have a star.

I don't know. I don't see the lakers making the playoffs without Lin being able to produce.

I just can't see Lin not doing SIGNIFICANTLY better than what he did in Houston. Even Lin seems to be confident that he will do better - at least what he said on Dan Patricks shows.

If he went 14/4 and the lakers made the playoffs and then Lin brought it in the playoffs, then maybe I would call it a success.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject:

If Lin plays for numbers and it's detrimental for the team, we all lose.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject:

So do we plan on having Lin long term? It certainly feels that way. Don't mind it at all really. Like his game, seems like a good chemistry guy, young, and great for business. Wouldn't mind him back on a Nick Young type deal but 5 years.
mnstrdnk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
So do we plan on having Lin long term? It certainly feels that way. Don't mind it at all really. Like his game, seems like a good chemistry guy, young, and great for business. Wouldn't mind him back on a Nick Young type deal but 5 years.

That sounds pretty good. Between him and Clarkson improving we might have a decent point guard situation.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:

I hope we keep him too but 5 years is too long. 3yrs/15M would be fair for both sides.
jlinfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

That has never been Lin's game - in fact it's more accurate to say he is closer to the other end of the spectrum - willing to sacrifice to win. Let's hope he doesn't change it up this year.
metalogic7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

That is what Mchale thought of Lin - a selfish player looking out for stats. Nothing could be further from the truth. He is too unselfish to a fault - sometimes I wanted to smack him on the head to look for his own on the rockets.

I can guarantee you Lin (frustratingly for some) will not play for numbers. He is a consummate team player.

Plus I doubt Kobe would let Lin or anyone else do that. He is one intimidating teammate.

Last edited by metalogic7 on Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
jlinfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:

Slim chance but I hope he retires a Laker.
metalogic7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:

If Lin has success this season and enjoys his time here, I bet he will give the lakers a home town discount. He kinda learned a lesson on how important not to follow money .. And if he can find a niche here, he could be a keeper for a long time.

I can totally see him being forever grateful that Mitch rescued him from the rockets.
Who Takes The Blame
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject:

6th Man Of The Year
jmat
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject:

-Showtime- wrote:
basketofballs wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:
If Lin does worse than 15/5 in a starting role I'd consider that an utter disappointment.

If Lin does 14/4 but the Lakers make the playoffs, would that still be a disappointment? What if he goes 14/4 but all his percentages go up? Like FG%, 3PT%, AST/TO%, etc.? I'd love for him to average high numbers but what I want to see most is to improve his ability to impact games when he's "off" offensively. That's when you know you have a star.

I would be disappointed if he goes 14/4 even if they do reach the playoffs. That means he's not assisting enough as a main point guard.

If he goes 14/8, 14/9, 14/10 and we reach the playoffs, I would be pretty happy. I care more about Lin impacting our team and getting everyone involved to make them better.

Anything above that is a bonus to me.

This.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject:

Lin is a good player in the right situation.

In NY he had a few weeks where he played like an all-star. Eventually he came down to earth, and defenses have now adjusted to him.

He's not a great player, but in the right system, such as MDA's system he would be a good player. Don't see why that's hard to accept?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject:

I'll be happy as long as Lin gets ~7 assist a game. The points will come since he'll be handling the ball and because we really have no proven starting scoring options besides him and Kobe.
kinein
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Lin is a good player in the right situation.

In NY he had a few weeks where he played like an all-star. Eventually he came down to earth, and defenses have now adjusted to him.

He's not a great player, but in the right system, such as MDA's system he would be a good player. Don't see why that's hard to accept?

This commentary seems to be a rehash of the same old since 2012. Who are you trying to convince? hehehe. I'm assuming someone needs to accept that statement.

He just broke the record for most points off the bench 31 last season first time for a Rocket since 2011. Scored a triple double off the bench, 1st time in the NBA in 25 years. Also broke the record for most 3pters in the Wells Fargo Center last season.

He's got potential and lots of upside ~ no idea where his ceiling is and so the good vs great conversation isnt that big of a deal for me. Its the Lakers winning and the Lakers going to the playoffs. Thats the big deal!

Wins. More Wins. and MOREEEEEEEE Wins!
sidestep
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject:

As for Lin's triple double, I don't think it's particularly special to say he did it from off the bench, since some 6th men get starter-level minutes. Rather, it's that Lin did that in only 29 minutes that is kinda wild.

Last edited by sidestep on Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
DL24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject:

mdrlakers wrote:
DL24 wrote:
showmethemoney wrote:
Pgforlife wrote:
DL24 wrote:
meows a lot wrote:
DL24 wrote:
meows a lot wrote:
Nice Bryon offered Job. Yee.

It's Byron, not Bryon.

=)

[DELETED]

Definitely not on LG.

[DELETED]

Wow guys. You guys need to cut that out. Those kind of jokes don't fly in the States.

wow cmon guys, everyone knows me and meow are big Lin fans and respect all the posters on LG, it was totally meant as a fun little joke...

I think they were pretty funny but I can also see why some ppl may get offended.

THANK YOU! unlike other forums, people aren't trying to be vindictive here and I certainly wasn't, I hope it's ok to make some jokes, we're not at a funeral

- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Kendall Marshall wrote:
I think Lin just falls out of the top 15 PG
The only guys who I think are above him in skills and gameplay are:
Chris Paul
Rajon Rondo
Kyrie Irving
John Wall
Stephen Curry
Tony Parker
Isaiah Thomas
Goran Dragic
Eric Bledsoe
Jrue Holiday
Kemba Walker
Ty Lawson
Mike Conley
Kyle Lowry
Russell Westbrook

Derrick Rose is a honorable mention due to his frequent injuries
Jeff Teague is another guy whom I believe is arguably better than Lin
Deron Williams who have regressed but is still an above average PG
Michael Carter-Williams who have great potential

TBH I think it is best to say that Lin is for sure a top 20 PG in the league, just basing on his contributions in the last two seasons, his Linsanity performance would have made him a top 3 PG if he had sustained that level of play. We'll see how he does in Los Angeles, I believe with the right usage rate and a confident attitude, Lin can average 16PTS/7ASTS easily.

pretty fair assessment. although, I'd disagree with Jrue and Thomas as being better than Lin, overall, pretty fair.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
metalogic7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject:

sidestep wrote:
As for Lin's triple double, I don't think it's particularly special to say he did it from off the bench, since some 6th men get starter-level minutes. Rather, it's that Lin that in only 29 minutes that is kinda wild.

Ginobilli has never done it and he is a perfect example for what you are talking about.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:32 pm    Post subject:

Can someone that knows the answer with certainty please tell me if we want to lock Lin up for more than this upcoming season....how long can we get him to sign for now and what would the $$ amount need to be (any limits/restrictions)?
fadeaway3
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
Can someone that knows the answer with certainty please tell me if we want to lock Lin up for more than this upcoming season....how long can we get him to sign for now and what would the $$ amount need to be (any limits/restrictions)?

5 years 140 million max contract offer for 2015 to 2020 season. If he does well this season, I think the fair market value for Lin is about 9 million per year.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
I'll be happy as long as Lin gets ~7 assist a game. The points will come since he'll be handling the ball and because we really have no proven starting scoring options besides him and Kobe.

We got Booz and Swaggy too.
bawller
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject:

fadeaway3 wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:

5 years 140 million max contract offer for 2015 to 2020 season. If he does well this season, I think the fair market value for Lin is about 9 million per year.

Even Ricky Rubio is asking for max. So I don't Lin can be resigned at 9 million per especially if he does well.
-Showtime-
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject:

metalogic7 wrote:
sidestep wrote:
As for Lin's triple double, I don't think it's particularly special to say he did it from off the bench, since some 6th men get starter-level minutes. Rather, it's that Lin that in only 29 minutes that is kinda wild.

Ginobilli has never done it and he is a perfect example for what you are talking about.

Gino has never had a triple double off the bench?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 131, 132, 133 ... 193, 194, 195  Next
Page 132 of 195
Jump to: