OFFICIAL JEREMY LIN THREAD....WELCOME TO LINSANITY!! (Attn: New and old posters - Please read message on page 1 before posting)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 149, 150, 151 ... 193, 194, 195  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lgnofridge
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject:

First time here. Like the atmosphere and special props to the mods for keeping the forum clean. I'm looking forward to an exciting season of Lakers basketball with a healthy Kobe and a re-energized JLin.
tkrieger
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject:

DL24 wrote:
tomato123 wrote:
May be you want to made a list for Jeremy to work on. I am sure it's a good thing for him since he still have plenty of time to work on

DL24 wrote:
We have to be objective about Lin's performance in the past, he's had some horrible games, which were due to a variety of circumstances but in the end, he has still has to own up to them and learn. He also had a stretch where he did some horrible jump in the air passes. If we don't point out his weaknesses and bad games, we're no better than delusional lin haters.

left hand
3 point shooting
ball handling
mental toughness
pace
floater
avoiding contact from centers
how to flop better
draw fouls without getting crushed
be more selfish

left hand ... Improved last season, but still not feared by defenses.

3 point shooting .... Might improve with normal screening, and shooting threes because it’s a strategic play, rather than fulfilling a quota (“Moreyball”). (I’ll be happy if Lin’s 3 pt shooting in some games is “0-0”.... An indicator that the defenses were stopping the three but allowing other shots.)

ball handling .... This could make or break his career. (If Lin had better handles, his game would be similar to Chris Paul’s. But that’s a HUGE if.)

mental toughness .... Not an issue with game situations, but an issue with succumbing to other egos on the team.

pace .... Never an issue, unless the context is lack of variance in pace. (Lin needs to recover his “hesitation” moves he once had in New York.)

floater .... He had a floater in NY.... Abandoned with the Rox.... (“Moreyball” prohibited that shot.) He needs to recover it, rather than attain it. (What Lin needs to develop is a left-handed floater.) Lin’s ability to “reverse layup” is in some regard a habit that stunted his left development.

avoiding contact from centers .... The floater will help this.

how to flop better .... He had a great “flop” against Kyrie Irving two seasons ago on a late, critical defensive situation.... Preserving a Rockets victory in Cleveland. (I’m not a believer in flopping, except if it’s near the end of a game. The refs will otherwise be wary of it. Not to mention potential fines.)

draw fouls without getting crushed ... The floater is everything here.... But this was not an issue when he was in NY.

be more selfish .... He’s fine here.... The question is whether Lin will succumb to Kobe in which Lin would otherwise have a higher-percentage chance in a given situation.
bccat
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject:

When Lin is facing an in-your-face type of defender, he should learn to do a spin move ala Chris Paul/The Glove. That would really make him hard to defend.

[quote="metalogic7"]
meows a lot wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:
bccat wrote:
He relies too much on first step or crossovers it became predictable.

This. I think as the season went on Lin became very predictable in the way he plays and much easier to defend. I'd like believe that this was product of rocket's offensive philosophy essentially eliminating Lin's underrated midrange game. I am confident that when he has the chance to open up his offensive repertoire, he will be more dangerous and his explosive first step will give him a huge advantage.

That's why Lin has been said to be more effective when he gets a pick. I don't think anyone is saying lin can beat his man easily in a 1on1 situation in fact I don't think I have often really seen - paints gets clogged anyway if it happens. Also I wish he would have learned the eurostep from Harden it would actually help him in traffic quite a bit

Yeah. It's a crime Houston rarely gave Lin any picks. That really limited Lin's offensive game. And then I see the other pg's getting like 3 picks in the same offensive possession.

I'm looking forwards to seeing Lin opening up his offensive game this year. No doubt.
tomato123
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject:

[quote="Reflexx"]
meows a lot wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:
bccat wrote:

This. I think as the season went on Lin became very predictable in the way he plays and much easier to defend. I'd like believe that this was product of rocket's offensive philosophy essentially eliminating Lin's underrated midrange game. I am confident that when he has the chance to open up his offensive repertoire, he will be more dangerous and his explosive first step will give him a huge advantage.

That's why Lin has been said to be more effective when he gets a pick. I don't think anyone is saying lin can beat his man easily in a 1on1 situation in fact I don't think I have often really seen - paints gets clogged anyway if it happens. Also I wish he would have learned the eurostep from Harden it would actually help him in traffic quite a bit

Saw a Dave Miller analysis on TWC where he was actually pointing out Lin using the Eurostep when driving in the paint. The clip he used showed 3 defenders, and Lin Eurostepped and then used his left hand to finish.

Here's the link of the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opClJoReBcg
blueice
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Blitzkreig wrote:
Xtreme wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
cgambino123 wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
All I gotta say is, "Time to buy a new Lakers Jersey!"

I wouldn''t buy a Lin jersey until he re-signs lol

Yeah. it's a consideration. I have 4.5 year old daughter who loves Lin. Not sure I'd fork over $60 for a 1 year jersey. I think there's good reason to have a Lin/Lakers long-term partnership though.

You're too late anyways, the "S" sizes are sold out

Real Lin fans will buy a bootleg Chinese version. I still got one of his fake Linsanity shirts from his time in the Knicks.

Can I take this as a sign of trolling?
blueice
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
Blitzkreig wrote:
Xtreme wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
cgambino123 wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:

Yeah. it's a consideration. I have 4.5 year old daughter who loves Lin. Not sure I'd fork over $60 for a 1 year jersey. I think there's good reason to have a Lin/Lakers long-term partnership though.

Real Lin fans will buy a bootleg Chinese version. I still got one of his fake Linsanity shirts from his time in the Knicks.

Too expensive. Go this route.
http://www.amazon.com/Next-Level-Apparel-Mens-Jersey/dp/B00AYU5PUQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1406577078&sr=1-1&;keywords=tank+top+cotton

http://www.amazon.com/HP-Iron-On-Transfers-Inch-Pack/dp/B00000J3LY/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1406577356&sr=8-5&keywords=iron+on+paper

DIY
meows a lot
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject:

[quote="Reflexx"]
meows a lot wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:
bccat wrote:

Saw a Dave Miller analysis on TWC where he was actually pointing out Lin using the Eurostep when driving in the paint. The clip he used showed 3 defenders, and Lin Eurostepped and then used his left hand to finish.

saw that too, but he doesn't use it often. maybe a few times out of 100's of drives to the rim. he needs to be a bit craftier. crafty players last longer and have good careers (kobe, nash, pierce, cp3 etc)
what's the same instead of
always looking at what's different,

...well, who knows?”

- Meowth
mdrlakers
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject:

metalogic7 wrote:
DL24 wrote:
lol...when lin has a decent preseason game, this server will crash

Man ... imagine if Lin plays exceptionally well against the rockets to beat them at staple center - like that 38 point performance against spurs? He seems to have games like this every year - hopefully it will be against Houston.

I think Lin won all the Knicks games as a Rocket so it'd be fun to watch him continue the curse against his former teams.
kinein
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject:

cgambino123 wrote:
If Lin were consistent he'd average 17-18 a night. Too bad he's one of the most inconsistent players and will probably only average like 13-14.

And to all the people who keep bringing up Lin's stats without a ball dominant SG, who cares? You would think he was playing for the Bucks or something. Lin's going to be playing with another (possibly even moreso) ball dominant SG in Kobe. He'll have to play a smilar role as he did with Houston. He has to be more consistent.

Luckily for him he has more PG friendly coach who will develop him and run a more PG friendly system. But it's no way going to be like D'antoni's system those 2 weeks in NY without Melo or Amare. Far from it.

Your cynical nature is a good balance, though I think you'll be surprised. People keep talking about D'antoni - and that is long past and over.

I think it is better to look at what happened in the last 2 years and hope for better results if he gets more playing time and freedom.

Blitzkreig wrote:
Xtreme wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
cgambino123 wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:

please lets remove this "real" qualifier behind any use of the word fan. I don't think its necessary to draw a vague/general distinction, just call yourself a "real lin fan" the rest of the Laker fans and anyone that is a fan of Lin can avoid the labeling

meows a lot wrote:

He does know the eurostep. Coach Miller showcased that on the Time Warner Lakers Channel during the Press Conference for Lin.

meows a lot wrote:

saw that too, but he doesn't use it often. maybe a few times out of 100's of drives to the rim. he needs to be a bit craftier. crafty players last longer and have good careers (kobe, nash, pierce, cp3 etc)

... you just said he needs to learn the eurostep... now your admitting to seeing him use it! meows a lot

Last edited by kinein on Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:53 pm; edited 5 times in total
NomisR
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject:

DL24 wrote:
TripleJump wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
DL24 wrote:
Nice posts, both of you. The good thing is, now, people know harden sucks =)

Most of LG already know Harden is a fabricated superstar, though.

I actually made a post a while back talking about how if Houston really wants to get somewhere, they need to trade Harden, their supposed centerpiece. His value right now is at an all time high. They may be able to get a John Wall-esque player. Someone like that might actually get them somewhere in the playoffs.

As long as Harden is the leader of that team, they're not going anywhere.

That's why I don't want them to trade away Harden.

Do you guys always chuckle when some Houston fan or member of the rockets says "we have the best shooting guard in the league and the best centre in the league"

Having the best shooting guard in the league and the best center in the league gotten us 5 rings, what did Houston get from it?
metalogic7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:
DL24 wrote:

Man ... imagine if Lin plays exceptionally well against the rockets to beat them at staple center - like that 38 point performance against spurs? He seems to have games like this every year - hopefully it will be against Houston.

Not only will LG's servers go down... but so will all of China's network infrastructure.

I'm sure the government is probably planning to do some sort of cyber spying against China, but there is too big a chance of it being caught on normal days. So they're going to schedule it for when the Lakers play the Rockets because they know that China's internet will be broken.

LOL. Twitter and weibo will shut down. Lin will be responsible for 1 billion Jeremies that will be conceived that day.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Watching the Houston/Portland replay on nbatv....
metalogic7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject:

mdrlakers wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:
DL24 wrote:

I think Lin won all the Knicks games as a Rocket so it'd be fun to watch him continue the curse against his former teams.

Well granted the rockets were a better team than the Knicks. But Lin did rise to the occasion in those games.

I know Lin is low key, but wouldn't be surprised if Lin circles those dates to oily his revenge. I would love it if he "messes up a pass" and chucks a ball at mchale's ugly face.
metalogic7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject:

[quote="lakerjoshua"]Watching the Houston/Portland replay on nbatv....[/quote
Game 6? If so, watch how badly lin defended lillard in the fourth (sarcasm)
Renmei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject:

metalogic7 wrote:

I can save everyone some time.
NomisR
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
cgambino123 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
cgambino123 wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:

Yea. I think he would love being in LA (for obvious reasons) and the fact that he's from Cali. If he can perform pretty well I think we should bring him back and he would probably take the Lakers offer even if it's a little less than another team would offer him.

If he performs decently well we'll probably keep him. We already know that he's going to be one of the crowd favorites.

The Lakers made sure to keep Swaggy P because of decent production and being a crowd favorite.

I guess it explains why Sacre Bleu got such a long contract.
meows a lot
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject:

meows a lot wrote:

... you just said he needs to learn the eurostep... now your admitting to seeing him use it! meows a lot [/quote]

Okay, what I meant was, he needs to learn how to use it more often or effectively or as part of his game. I know I've seen it a few times, but not sure why he has not used it more often, that's why I chose to say, 'learn it' because I feel like maybe he's not comfortable with it that's why he isn't using it. lol I was not being clear my bad

...well, who knows?”

- Meowth
meows a lot
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject:

metalogic7 wrote:
mdrlakers wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:
DL24 wrote:

Well granted the rockets were a better team than the Knicks. But Lin did rise to the occasion in those games.

I know Lin is low key, but wouldn't be surprised if Lin circles those dates to oily his revenge. I would love it if he "messes up a pass" and chucks a ball at mchale's ugly face.

Lin always comes out aggressive vs knicks, that's how he should have been playing all season. hopefully this aggression is the one we see on the lakers from Lin

...well, who knows?”

- Meowth
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:29 pm    Post subject:

NomisR wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
cgambino123 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
cgambino123 wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:

Yea. I think he would love being in LA (for obvious reasons) and the fact that he's from Cali. If he can perform pretty well I think we should bring him back and he would probably take the Lakers offer even if it's a little less than another team would offer him.

If he performs decently well we'll probably keep him. We already know that he's going to be one of the crowd favorites.

The Lakers made sure to keep Swaggy P because of decent production and being a crowd favorite.

Does anyone even know who he is? He could probably walk around LA just like any other normal person. lol
kinein
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject:

bccat wrote:
When Lin is facing an in-your-face type of defender, he should learn to do a spin move ala Chris Paul/The Glove. That would really make him hard to defend.

Here you go.
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052970203918304577241710317187398

Jeremy Lin did work with Gary Payton.

Here you go x2

Jeremy Lin does have a spin-move.
kinein
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject:

meows a lot wrote:

Okay, what I meant was, he needs to learn how to use it more often or effectively or as part of his game. I know I've seen it a few times, but not sure why he has not used it more often, that's why I chose to say, 'learn it' because I feel like maybe he's not comfortable with it that's why he isn't using it. lol I was not being clear my bad

I agree ! UNLEASH THE KRAKEN!
NomisR
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
NomisR wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
cgambino123 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
cgambino123 wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:

Does anyone even know who he is? He could probably walk around LA just like any other normal person. lol

I doubt it, a 7 ft pirate would get a lot of looks no matter where he is.
metalogic7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Renmei wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:

I can save everyone some time.

Good clip. Whenever I watch him defend, it boggles mind how many more picks his opposing player gets. I mean WTF morey/Mchale

Second, he really needs to stop with that help defense leaving his man wide open. I think he gets burnt more than helping the team.
bccat
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Thanks kinein for the wsj link. I remember reading that in the early days of Linsanity. I just wish Jeremy will use that spin move more often.

Also, against someone like Beverley/Ariza/Iggy, he should shield his dribble by backing into them, then shake&spin after leaning around the defender. Easier said than done. Lol.

kinein wrote:
bccat wrote:

Here you go.
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052970203918304577241710317187398

Jeremy Lin did work with Gary Payton.

Here you go x2

Jeremy Lin does have a spin-move.
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject:

metalogic7 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:
DL24 wrote:

Not only will LG's servers go down... but so will all of China's network infrastructure.

I'm sure the government is probably planning to do some sort of cyber spying against China, but there is too big a chance of it being caught on normal days. So they're going to schedule it for when the Lakers play the Rockets because they know that China's internet will be broken.

LOL. Twitter and weibo will shut down. Lin will be responsible for 1 billion Jeremies that will be conceived that day.

When Lin hits a game winner he will single handedly end China's one child policy.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 149, 150, 151 ... 193, 194, 195  Next
Page 150 of 195
Jump to: