OFFICIAL JEREMY LIN THREAD....WELCOME TO LINSANITY!! (Attn: New and old posters - Please read message on page 1 before posting)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 165, 166, 167 ... 193, 194, 195  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blueice
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Xtreme wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:
TripleJump wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:
As an avid but tough fan of Lin, I find Lin a frustrating player to follow.

You aren't much of a fan of Lin if you aren't even fair to him. Flaming him for poor performance, while omitting the fact that he was injured, is grossly unfair to Lin -- and verges on not being truthful.

Quote:
There is no evidence [of Lin's consistency] because Lin's role had been inconsistent the day he got to Houston. Wait, are you actually saying that Lin had a consistent role with the rockets? Lin is inconsistent - even he himself admits that.

Nice of you to dodge Lin's history before Houston. You avoided that, of course, because Linsanity was very consistent in role, minutes, and production for Lin.

Okay. here we go again.

Yup I love the fact that you take every criticism I have said about Lin to support your view that I'm not a Lin fan.

At least I'm on record saying that Lin CAN be better than wall or lillard if he can get over his confidence issues and laker allow him to open up his playbook

Sorry I don't fit your definition of being a undying, faithful Lin supporter..

There's no such thing as a tough fan, casual fan, fake fan, or a true fan, there's only "Fan".

If you can point out 3 or more things about a guy/girl that you don't like, then your not a fan, you can be a critic , a player analyzer , a scout, or whatever, but not a fan. Are you a fan of himself ? His game? Or his skin color?

1.Fan of Jeremy Lin himself as a person: he should be perfect to you, nothing he does will ever upset you.

2.Fan of his game: This is tricky, because if you're a fan of Jeremy , then everything he does on the court is perfect to you

3.Fan of his skin color: you like him because you have no choice!

See where I'm getting at? I stop being a "fan" of Britney when I started to question some of her activities. Just an example.

Your either a fan or not a fan, it's simple.

Well...I think it's a bit to the xtrme (as your name suggests lol). I think a fan can be objective and admits the fault and weakness of the one he roots for.

However, what makes a fan a fan is, simply the tolerance and the patience. You don't get blind when you are a fan, but you don't give up on him and have faith. I think that's a fan.

Otherwise, you're just admiring a superhero, and love can become hate when your superhero is no longer perfect...
timyeung
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I bring this stats for people to look at the turnovers is pretty high but the team keeps winning. It's not to show you how much pts he's going to average.

TO's are a bad thing, but interestingly enough, during Lin's first year as a Rocket when he was allowed to play as a semi PG, statistically the more TO's Lin had in a game the more this correlated with game wins. Its almost as if when Lin played a safe passive game with zero TO's the Rockets loss, but when Lin was very aggressive in a high TO game the Rockets won.
The_Dynasty24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject:

blueice wrote:
Xtreme wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:
TripleJump wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:
As an avid but tough fan of Lin, I find Lin a frustrating player to follow.

You aren't much of a fan of Lin if you aren't even fair to him. Flaming him for poor performance, while omitting the fact that he was injured, is grossly unfair to Lin -- and verges on not being truthful.

Quote:
There is no evidence [of Lin's consistency] because Lin's role had been inconsistent the day he got to Houston. Wait, are you actually saying that Lin had a consistent role with the rockets? Lin is inconsistent - even he himself admits that.

Nice of you to dodge Lin's history before Houston. You avoided that, of course, because Linsanity was very consistent in role, minutes, and production for Lin.

Okay. here we go again.

Yup I love the fact that you take every criticism I have said about Lin to support your view that I'm not a Lin fan.

At least I'm on record saying that Lin CAN be better than wall or lillard if he can get over his confidence issues and laker allow him to open up his playbook

Sorry I don't fit your definition of being a undying, faithful Lin supporter..

There's no such thing as a tough fan, casual fan, fake fan, or a true fan, there's only "Fan".

If you can point out 3 or more things about a guy/girl that you don't like, then your not a fan, you can be a critic , a player analyzer , a scout, or whatever, but not a fan. Are you a fan of himself ? His game? Or his skin color?

1.Fan of Jeremy Lin himself as a person: he should be perfect to you, nothing he does will ever upset you.

2.Fan of his game: This is tricky, because if you're a fan of Jeremy , then everything he does on the court is perfect to you

3.Fan of his skin color: you like him because you have no choice!

See where I'm getting at? I stop being a "fan" of Britney when I started to question some of her activities. Just an example.

Your either a fan or not a fan, it's simple.

Well...I think it's a bit to the xtrme (as your name suggests lol). I think a fan can be objective and admits the fault and weakness of the one he roots for.

However, what makes a fan a fan is, simply the tolerance and the patience. You don't get blind when you are a fan, but you don't give up on him and have faith. I think that's a fan.

Otherwise, you're just admiring a superhero, and love can become hate when your superhero is no longer perfect...
I'm sorry but the post you were responding to is so damn ridiculous, a fan can't criticize a player? Wow.
kinein
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Hat

metalogic7 wrote:
kinein wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:
RichB wrote:
One of the biggest complaint about JLin is his jump pass, which most of the time results in a TO. From the times that I've seen him do this, it usually start with a drive down the lane where he is stopped by defenders. He would proceed to dribble around the defender(s) and jumps up either for a shot or to pass to someone. Almost all of the time, there would be no one open around him to pass, hence, TO.

I've seen other PG that do pretty much the same, but there appears to be always someone open to pass to. So my question is, is it:
a) this is just a dumb move that Lin consistently makes, no excuses.
b) other players are told to stay behind the 3 line
c) they are just not very good moving without the ball
d) the other team just play good defense
e) other factors.

I know what you are talking about and it is a valid complaint about Lin but for some reason it never bothered me as much. People talk about his turnovers but I think there is some statistical evidence that the team wins more when Lin makes more T.O's (the actual number escapes me ATM). Higher TO's for Lin means that he is being more aggressive and is more likely playing his style of game.

But I do wish that he becomes more decisive when he leaves his feet. Either go up to take the shot or pass the ball. I think as he gets more comfortable in his pg role, he should get better at it. IMO he really didn't get the opportunity to grow as a pg with the rockets.

Nice post! I'm going to say 20 shots a game by the way.

Not sure if you are joking. You can't be serious. You really think Lin will double his career average in shot attempts?
The only way this will happen is if he is the only option on offense. How many times in his career has Lin taken that many shots.

Don't get me wrong. I would love it if he becomes a high volume shooter but I've realized that Lin isn't wired that way.

He'd much rather be rondo than lillard.

I disagree. Game recognize game. Lin plays to win.

As always you are more than welcome to your opinion.
kinein
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject:

I'll introduce commentary from Scott for people to consider and discuss.
Quote:

Scott floated the idea that Bryant could play point guard for the Lakers on occaision, also saying his club will run an offense that blends elements of the Princeton schemes, the triangle and other sets.
metalogic7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: A

blueice wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:
Xtreme wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:
cgambino123 wrote:
tomato123 wrote:
Doubter

metalogic7 wrote:

As an avid but tough fan of Lin, I find Lin a frustrating player to follow. He would play superbly with confidence in one game where he takes control, only to play like a unsure role player who is afraid to shoot the very next game. I would love to believe that it was due to Houston's coaching but can't say I'm 100% sure. I'm optimistic because we may get to finally find out the truth with the lakers.

Not a doubter. A realist

I'm just expressing how I feel about Lin. Some people have this unshakable confidence in Lin that he will succeed no matter what because this Cinderella story has to have a feel good ending. I really don't subscribe that notion.

I just want to find out for myself what type of ballet he really is after the crazy unbelievable week that was linsanity. Needless to say, I don't think Houston ever gave him that opportunity.

I'm excited becuase I think Lin has that chance here. However, if he continues to be am inconsistent player with shaky confidence, then my fandom will probably die away. While I absolutely love it when he goes off, I find it eually as excruxiating to watch when he plays to just fit in- not attacking, deferring open shots, etc.

I'm certainly rooting for him to succeed but I'm not going to sugarcoat his weaknesses. He is getting old. A lot of good pg's in the league. Ultimately It will be up to him to distinguish himself from the rest of the pack.

Not the story that will succeed , but the work he puts in, he's already accomplished the near impossible to where he is right now
and I think it's far from over.

Not a 100% chance you'll make it when you put in the work, but a 70%, the 30 that's is just luck, or in Jeremy's case, God.

Oh, on a side note, I think it's bogus that ppl think Jeremy has confidence issues , like I said a couple of post before this, many of his fans has been trolled by trolls or media that his confidence has issues for 2 years that even his fans believes it. In N.Y. he had T.O.
issues, left hand issues, and in Houston suddenly has mental confidence issues?? I don't buy it , I don't buy that crap at all, if he has confidence issues he would've given up a long time ago and Linsanity would never have happened.

My belief about the confidence issues is from myself watching him play and not based on what the media may or may not have fabricated. I mentioned this before but it was quite revealing for Dwight to point this out after having played with him half the season.

I saw him passing up so many open shots. Sometimes he'd rather have DMi shoot the three than himself shooting.

We can agree to disagree but I personally feel that this is his biggest weakness. And like Dwight said, once he starts to consistently believe himself, he will be a great player. But clearly this is easier said than done.

I think, in the end, that's your personal opinion since you didn't know what McHale told him to do. Maybe McHale benched him for a missed shot if he didn't pass.

I originally thought he had a confidence issue, but I think others have a point in stating that confidence doesn't come and go by games.

Yes. This is completely my personal take from watching him. Whether it's the product of mchale's bashing or something else, he seemed have fluctuating confidence almost on a game by game basis, which ultimately translatedinto inconsistent play.

Dwight said something to the effect of "when Jeremy has confidence, he is a GREAT player" and I completely agree with that sentiment. Not just okay, not just good, but GREAT.

And I want to make it clear that I am not in any way discounting Houston's role in all this. it looks like that first season in Houston really took a lot out of him. It was like Mchale took out all the confidence Lin gained in himself during linsanity. Hopefully, in a supportive environment it will not the case. Player like Lin needs to be encouraged not constantly belittled.
cgambino123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/penny10654/status/494658851560382466/photo/1

Someone really needs to create a thread for this now lol
metalogic7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: A

blueice wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:
meows a lot wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:

Sometimes I feel like he just feels like he's just happy to be playing in the NBA and doesn't have any aspirations to become to best. I'm sure he's not the only NBA player who feels that way - especially when you feel like you will never get a fair chance.

I'm really not sure where you get that from...

He has said multiple times during his interviews that he is just happy to be playing in the NBA probably since he was on the verge of getting cut and being out of the NBA - which is understandable.

I don't like it when he distances himself from linsanity so much like he could never be that player ever again - mostly because that is what Mchale tried to belabor whenever he spoke about Lin as a player.

I really can't gauge how high his aspirations go though. He probably has the approach of just giving his best and seeing what happens

Oh come oh, he was just being humble. He always said that, but afterward you saw him admitting he was not satisfied or that he has a goal to achieve.

Yeah I recognize that. That is why I wrote SOMETIMES. I guess I wish Lin still exhibited that Bravado he showed during linsanity - but it looks like he is trying to remain even keeled and doesn't want to come across too arrogant.

He is who he is.
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject:

cgambino123 wrote:

JLin needs to hit that repeatedly, Christ be damned. It's for the good of the Lakers.
Phillycheese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Hat

I find it extremely hard to believe Lin will take 20 shots per game avg. It is not in his makeup to jack up shot after shot. Plus the teammates are not getting involved enough if Lin accounts fo a quarter of the teams shots. When he is feeling extremely hot, he might take 20, but I expect this to be the exception rather than the rule. I think he will take between 10 and 13 shots every game to be effective.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject:

DJ Slik wrote:
cgambino123 wrote:

JLin needs to hit that repeatedly, Christ be damned. It's for the good of the Lakers.

Hahahahaha.
metalogic7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Hat

kinein wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:
kinein wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:
RichB wrote:
One of the biggest complaint about JLin is his jump pass, which most of the time results in a TO. From the times that I've seen him do this, it usually start with a drive down the lane where he is stopped by defenders. He would proceed to dribble around the defender(s) and jumps up either for a shot or to pass to someone. Almost all of the time, there would be no one open around him to pass, hence, TO.

I've seen other PG that do pretty much the same, but there appears to be always someone open to pass to. So my question is, is it:
e) other factors.

I know what you are talking about and it is a valid complaint about Lin but for some reason it never bothered me as much. People talk about his turnovers but I think there is some statistical evidence that the team wins more when Lin makes more T.O's (the actual number escapes me ATM). Higher TO's for Lin means that he is being more aggressive and is more likely playing his style of game.

But I do wish that he becomes more decisive when he leaves his feet. Either go up to take the shot or pass the ball. I think as he gets more comfortable in his pg role, he should get better at it. IMO he really didn't get the opportunity to grow as a pg with the rockets.

Not sure if you are joking. You can't be serious. You really think Lin will double his career average in shot attempts?
The only way this will happen is if he is the only option on offense. How many times in his career has Lin taken that many shots.

Don't get me wrong. I would love it if he becomes a high volume shooter but I've realized that Lin isn't wired that way.

Fair enough. We will see who's right.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Hat

metalogic7 wrote:
kinein wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:
kinein wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:
RichB wrote:

e) other factors.

You're right. By a landslide.
Phillycheese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:32 pm    Post subject:

cgambino123 wrote:

At the risk of getting banned since it is not bball related - damn, I'd hit that 24/7.
metalogic7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Hat

ringfinger wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:
kinein wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:
kinein wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:
RichB wrote:

e) other factors.

You're right. By a landslide.

I wish he is right though. I don't wanna go thru another season screaming at the tv for Lin to take the MFing shot.
fadeaway3
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject:

cgambino123 wrote:

WTH is up with his hover hands? I'm not saying he needs to be groping the girl but its so weird to be putting his hand like that. I rather not see his hand and just assume he has it gently on her back.
Xtreme
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
Got an email today....

"Score your Jeremy Lin Lakers gear now"‏ from NBA Store.

Free Shipping on orders over $50.

Here is the link...........

http://store.nba.com/Jeremy_Lin_Los_Angeles_Lakers?utm_source=CME&utm_medium=EMAIL&utm_content=MAINIMAGE&utm_campaign=LALJEREMYLIN_073014

OT: I see I just hit 8,000 posts and I joined Feb 8/08....interesting.
That's a lot of posts to me but nothing compared to many here @ LG.

Wish you posted this a couple days earlier
Xtreme
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject:

fadeaway3 wrote:
cgambino123 wrote:

WTH is up with his hover hands? I'm not saying he needs to be groping the girl but its so weird to be putting his hand like that. I rather not see his hand and just assume he has it gently on her back.

Maybe he's saying " don't get any ideas girl" like someone said in that pic
metalogic7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject:

fadeaway3 wrote:
cgambino123 wrote:

He thinks he may lose his virginity if he touches her any closer. I kiid. I kiid.

Please forgive me mod. I couldn't help myself.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Xtreme wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
Got an email today....

"Score your Jeremy Lin Lakers gear now"‏ from NBA Store.

Free Shipping on orders over $50.

Here is the link...........

http://store.nba.com/Jeremy_Lin_Los_Angeles_Lakers?utm_source=CME&utm_medium=EMAIL&utm_content=MAINIMAGE&utm_campaign=LALJEREMYLIN_073014

OT: I see I just hit 8,000 posts and I joined Feb 8/08....interesting.
That's a lot of posts to me but nothing compared to many here @ LG.

Wish you posted this a couple days earlier

Email just came in today....sorry.

Why, what did you buy days ago?
appwrangler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject:

30 wrote:
appwrangler wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

He was being facetious.

He just meant that we relied too heavily on the 3 pt shot in his opinion.

I get his point but it seems the league, not just Lin, are making the 3 pt shot a bigger part of the offensive strategy.

You do know that Magic Johnson's comments about taking 3pters were directed at MDA and not at Lin.

Yes. Crystal clear. Just asking about league trends. Since this is a Lin thread I also mentioned his well reported goal for the summer.

Man, can't put "Lin" anywhere in a post without derailing it.
appwrangler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:
http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-pm-lin-ready-for-fresh-start-with-lakers/

Pretty good interview - the most on depth I've seen since he became a laker.

I do wish that he'd have a chip on his shoulder but seems like he's moved on from all that.

I think the chip he carries is more about proving things to himself than others.

Agreed. Not for a moment do I believe him about no longer having a chip on his shoulder. He's going to act calm but no question he'll be coming into the season fired up, eager to prove what he can do with a fresh start.
bccat
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Hat

When Lin is up against teams that play great help defence in the lane, he can learn to slow down and react. But doing so may reduce his drive efficiency (will no long be 2nd only to LeBron).

What many good drivers do is to create fouls. Or at least make it impossible for the ref to not call a foul. It's a shame Jeremy didn't learn that skill from Harden.

RichB wrote:

e) other factors.
mingomatic
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Hat

bccat wrote:
When Lin is up against teams that play great help defence in the lane, he can learn to slow down and react. But doing so may reduce his drive efficiency (will no long be 2nd only to LeBron).

What many good drivers do is to create fouls. Or at least make it impossible for the ref to not call a foul. It's a shame Jeremy didn't learn that skill from Harden.

RichB wrote:

e) other factors.

Yeah. The low rate at which fouls get called on him has provided ample material for hypersensitive conspiracy theorists, otherwise known as LOFs.
kinein
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Hat

mingomatic wrote:
bccat wrote:

RichB wrote:

e) other factors.

Yeah. The low rate at which fouls get called on him has provided ample material for hypersensitive conspiracy theorists, otherwise known as LOFs.

You really should read the page 1 message.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 165, 166, 167 ... 193, 194, 195  Next
Page 166 of 195
Jump to: