PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Michigan got upset by NJIT.

Levert had 32 points and 6 assists, hit several clutch shots late.

I think levert will be a really good pro with that first step of his. Too ba he's out of our draft range.

I think higher of him than most.

He's the player that Larry Hughes was supposed to be. Except, he has MUCH better hoop IQ and jumpshot.

I think of him as a 20 5 5 guy easily. Unlike Johnson and Winslow, he can change directions on the fly. Didn't need to against New Jersey Institute of Technology.

Those shots were clutch.

He may not be as strong as Johnson or Winslow, and doesn't have that extra 5% of vert., but Johnson and Winslow can't touch him skill-wise, especially off the dribble.

I can see 20/5/5 easily if he can gain some weight. His game reminds me of kobe/mcgrady because of his ball handling, first step, smooth player with a jumper. I don't know if he's on thier level athletically but he's going to be good. The way he's playing this season he may be the first wing off the board by June.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

I think levert will be a really good pro with that first step of his. Too ba he's out of our draft range.

He's the player that Larry Hughes was supposed to be. Except, he has MUCH better hoop IQ and jumpshot.

I think of him as a 20 5 5 guy easily. Unlike Johnson and Winslow, he can change directions on the fly. Didn't need to against New Jersey Institute of Technology.

Those shots were clutch.

He may not be as strong as Johnson or Winslow, and doesn't have that extra 5% of vert., but Johnson and Winslow can't touch him skill-wise, especially off the dribble.

I can see 20/5/5 easily if he can gain some weight. His game reminds me of kobe/mcgrady because of his ball handling, first step, smooth player with a jumper. I don't know if he's on thier level athletically but he's going to be good. The way he's playing this season he may be the first wing off the board by June.

I wouldn't say he's an elite level athlete, but I will say that he is one of the quickest SGs and faster ones at the NCAA level with NBA level talent.

I don't see him as a Kobe/McGrady type. Those guys had far more advanced moves out of HS.

All Levert has to do is focus on gaining strength on his core, polish his jumpshot, and maintain the ball-handling and decision-making. The rest will come into place.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Those shots were clutch.

I wouldn't say he's an elite level athlete, but I will say that he is one of the quickest SGs and faster ones at the NCAA level with NBA level talent.

I don't see him as a Kobe/McGrady type. Those guys had far more advanced moves out of HS.

All Levert has to do is focus on gaining strength on his core, polish his jumpshot, and maintain the ball-handling and decision-making. The rest will come into place.

He's the type of player I could definately see the lakers choosing. I think if we trade jordan hill and grab another first round pick we may be able to trade up for him. Combine houstons pick with whatever we can get for hill and that should do it. Grab a bigman with the top 5 pick and levert with the other.

towns/okafor
Randle
Levert
Clarkson

That's a pretty nice group of young prospects and they could all play pretty well together.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Those shots were clutch.

He's the type of player I could definately see the lakers choosing. I think if we trade jordan hill and grab another first round pick we may be able to trade up for him. Combine houstons pick with whatever we can get for hill and that should do it. Grab a bigman with the top 5 pick and levert with the other.

towns/okafor
Randle
Levert
Clarkson

That's a pretty nice group of young prospects and they could all play pretty well together.

Levert will probly go 10-15. i doubt we get a pick in that range.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Those shots were clutch.

towns/okafor
Randle
Levert
Clarkson

Levert will probly go 10-15. i doubt we get a pick in that range.

I doubt the front office stands pat all season. We have a few players that can help out a contender or maybe use Nash's contract to help a team that wants to shed salary. Anythings possible.
lilmomo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:56 am    Post subject:

How about RJ Hunter with the Houston pick? Unfortunately since he plays for Georgia State, its hard to watch his game on TV, but the one time I saw one of his on game WatchESPN, the kid can shoot lights out.

If any one has ESPN they can watch him against Keifer Sykes (12/27) on ESPN3, dude is like 5-11 but he tried to posterize Kaminsky who is 7-0. That should be fun
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:53 am    Post subject:

Karl Towns
Tyus jones
Caris levert
Frank Kamenski

These are my sleeper picks. I feel like they are all much better than thier draft stock at the moment. I can see Kamenski starting and stretching the floor. He would literally be the ideal center playing with randle because teams wouldn't be able to double randle near the paint without getting burned.

Randle would average monster numbers playing next to Kaminsky.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject:

What do you guys think of D'Angelo Russell?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Shows why I'm not thrilled with Myles Turner.

Lack of explosion.

KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

Lack of explosion.

I don't think he lacks explosion. WCS is as explosive of a 7footer as you'll see in the NBA, pointing out 3 times that Turner cant explode with WCS is like,duh. The fact that Myles got close to blocking his shot at the 3:11 is impressive. Idk how you can say that Myles isn't at least a "good" leaper
-- this dunk

Myles two problems are mobility and strength. very poor in both categories. Doesn't lift his feet when he runs ; but still manages explosive dunks and is a very good rim protector.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject:

SB Nation CBB ‏@SBNationCBB 2m2 minutes ago

Kentucky forward Alex Poythress has suffered a knee injury. @WKYT is saying it's a torn ACL: http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2014/12/12/7380697/alex-poythress-injury-kentucky-wildcats
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Kentucky forward Alex Poythress has suffered a knee injury. @WKYT is saying it's a torn ACL: http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2014/12/12/7380697/alex-poythress-injury-kentucky-wildcats

Man that's terrible. I really like poythress as a player and was hoping this year would be his coming out party. Idk if it's my imagination or what but I feel like basketball injuries have gotten out of hand over the last few seasons.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:35 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Lack of explosion.

I don't think he lacks explosion. WCS is as explosive of a 7footer as you'll see in the NBA, pointing out 3 times that Turner cant explode with WCS is like,duh. The fact that Myles got close to blocking his shot at the 3:11 is impressive. Idk how you can say that Myles isn't at least a "good" leaper
-- this dunk

Myles two problems are mobility and strength. very poor in both categories. Doesn't lift his feet when he runs ; but still manages explosive dunks and is a very good rim protector.

I think he does. NBA players can usually compensate lack of explosion with strength.

He doesn't have either. Fine. What about wingspan? WCS doesn't have the wingspan, and I don't think he has the standing reach of Turner.

But, Turner could not compete.

No, I don't think Myles is a "good" leaper. I would call it average.

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

So much physical talent, but so much development to do.

I think he's frustrated with basketball in general.

The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject:

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson!!
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Delon Wright went off today against Kansas, they almost came all the way back but Self and his team escaped today. Delon still the main guy I'd want with the Lakers Houston pick if he falls to them.

21/5/4/4/1 with only 1 TO on 70% shooting. The kid does it all when he's on the court.

Underrated, and I'm glad he is or he wouldn't fall to the Lakers Houston pick.

If he keeps having games like this vs the Kansas's of the world he'll go higher in the draft -_- but I hope he remains under the radar so the Lakers draft him. He'd be a steal where he's projected.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Stanley Johnson is the real deal, we need this guy on the Lakers.
lilmomo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:42 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Delon Wright went off today against Kansas, they almost came all the way back but Self and his team escaped today. Delon still the main guy I'd want with the Lakers Houston pick if he falls to them.

21/5/4/4/1 with only 1 TO on 70% shooting. The kid does it all when he's on the court.

If he keeps having games like this vs the Kansas's of the world he'll go higher in the draft -_- but I hope he remains under the radar so the Lakers draft him. He'd be a steal where he's projected.

Really like the kid from what I saw and have been looking at players who might be in the Houston rocket's range when we pick. Good game today, especially that drive and dunk in the first half. Younger brother of Dorrell. wright, hopefully he's better than his brother. He should be more aggressive but since he has to create for his team he probably doesn't have the luxury. Plus he's a good defender too.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:22 am    Post subject:

lilmomo wrote:
MJST wrote:

Really like the kid from what I saw and have been looking at players who might be in the Houston rocket's range when we pick. Good game today, especially that drive and dunk in the first half. Younger brother of Dorrell. wright, hopefully he's better than his brother. He should be more aggressive but since he has to create for his team he probably doesn't have the luxury. Plus he's a good defender too.

I like him too.. Dorell's also admitted that Delon is better than him, so that's gotta be worth something
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
lilmomo wrote:
MJST wrote:

I like him too.. Dorell's also admitted that Delon is better than him, so that's gotta be worth something

Are we clear that he's going to play PG at the NBA level? That would change my outlook for him dramatically.

lilmomo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
lilmomo wrote:
MJST wrote:

Are we clear that he's going to play PG at the NBA level? That would change my outlook for him dramatically.

You don't think he can? I mean I don't think he has pure point guard skills but that is his position right now in college; I didn't see much of Jordan Clarkson in college but how would you compare the two?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject:

lilmomo wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
lilmomo wrote:
MJST wrote:

You don't think he can? I mean I don't think he has pure point guard skills but that is his position right now in college; I didn't see much of Jordan Clarkson in college but how would you compare the two?

Clarkson is more of a scorer, Wright is more of a playmaker. But, I'm more confident about Clarkson's abilities because of his energy, first step, and wingspan.

Dude has nearly half a foot as a wingspan advantage.

lilmomo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
lilmomo wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
lilmomo wrote:
MJST wrote:

Clarkson is more of a scorer, Wright is more of a play maker. But, I'm more confident about Clarkson's abilities because of his energy, first step, and wingspan.

Dude has nearly half a foot as a wingspan advantage.

Yea I checked out his [Wright] measurements, they weren't impressive but if he's a PG in the NBA then I don't think it will be that big of an issue; The good thing is he plays in the PAC 12 so we can see how he does going up guys like Stanley Johnson and Jefferson who are excellent defenders and have NBA type length.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
PG in the NBA then I don't think it will be that big of an issue;

It's less of an issue but, do you want to know why Kawhi Leonard was able to pick Lin two times in the row while he was dribbling?

6'5" wingspan.

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:12 am    Post subject:

Wright's strength defensively comes from his ability to play passing lanes and get to the basket as well as his ability to rebound and do the extra things thanks to his athleticism.

I'm pretty sure he'd be able to play point at the next level. He has very good instincts, athleticism, first step quickness and ability to explode at the basket when he attacks it.

He's also a stat sheet stuffer as he pretty much focuses on other things. Not just the scoring, efficiency, and rebounds but also the blocks and steals.

These are very good intangibles that he effects the game in other ways besides his passing and assists and you can't teach that first step speed.

What he lacks in wingspan he does make up for with his basketball IQ. He also cut back on his turnovers(at least so far) from last year as well.

Anyway here's the video of him vs Kansas

And vs BYU (ignore the music lol)

I think his quickness and instincts are part of the reason he does play good defense and is good at the lanes or reading his defender before going for the steal.

His wingspan isn't eye catching but his timing and instincts are. So wingspan aside there's too many things he does right(efficiency, point guard skills, rebounding, steals, help side defense and good base defense) to pass on him.

For the record I do see him as a point guard at the next level, when I look at his style of play in particular I think 'point guard'. Clarkson to me plays more like a 2 as well, maybe a combo at best. Delon seems a point guard through and through, he seems to have the score more given the nature of his team and teammates but he seems to always read the court and look to make the right play unless the defense gives him the opening.

A definite guy to look at if he falls to us with the Houston pick. But if he keeps playing like this his stock is likely going to rise.

A nice article about him
Quote:

And while we're on the subject of awards, it occurs to me that Utah point guard Delon Wright has made one very compelling case for first-team All-America honors. Start with the fact that the 6-foot-5 senior is quite simply an outstanding scoring point guard. In the Utes' past three games -- against the Shockers, Cougars and Jayhawks -- Wright's been on the floor for 187 possessions, and in that time, he dished 14 assists while scoring 52 points on 19-of-26 shooting inside the arc. He draws more than five fouls per 40 minutes, and he's shooting 76 percent at the line. And this season, Wright has apparently achieved respectability from beyond the arc, averaging a couple of attempts per contest from out there, knocking them down at a 35 percent rate.

Then, add in the fact that on defense, Wright is a tireless tormentor of opposing teams. His steal percentage last season ranked in the top 30 nationally, and in the aforementioned 187 possessions against top competition, he recorded four blocks (including one particularly spectacular rejection during the Utes' second-half run against KU). His point guard duties keep him off the offensive glass, but Wright is in effect his team's second option for a defensive rebound after 7-foot freshman Jakob Poeltl.

There may be other point guards who can match Wright's impact on offense (Notre Dame's Jerian Grant, for example), and there may be other guards who can contribute as much defensively as the Utah senior (Ohio State's Shannon Scott comes to mind). But is there another guard nationally who makes a bigger difference for his team on both sides of the ball? If so, let me know.
http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12026852/delon-wright-nation-most-versatile-player-college-basketball?src=mobile&ex_cid=espnapi_affiliate_Prism&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Flakernation.com%2Fforums%2Findex.php%3F%2Ftopic%2F67095-2015-draft-prospects%2Fpage-17%22%7D

I wouldn't go as far as to say he'll be the greatest thing since sliced bread or the new Lakers legend.

What I will say is that moving into the future with

Wright
Clarkson
Randle

is a nice start. Particularly as he seems to have a solid foundation of an idea when he should attack and when he should pass the ball, and that's a good instinct to have. If he got drafted by a team that decided to play him as a 2 it would be to that teams own determent.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 7 of 36
Jump to: