*OFFICIAL* 2015 NBA Draft Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:18 am    Post subject:

There really aren't many pure PG's like CP3 anymore. Most are combo guards who can score and defend. Tyus and Ulis are better pure PG's but Andrew is a better combo guard.

Grant Hill said during the Duke game that the biggest weakness on Duke is the defense from the guards. They let their opponent get in the paint a lot because of the lack of size and strength. Andrew will be able to defend and his shooting has improved.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
There really aren't many pure PG's like CP3 anymore. Most are combo guards who can score and defend. Tyus and Ulis are better pure PG's but Andrew is a better combo guard.

Grant Hill said during the Duke game that the biggest weakness on Duke is the defense from the guards. They let their opponent get in the paint a lot because of the lack of size and strength. Andrew will be able to defend and his shooting has improved.

So, turn a Harrison twin into Aaron Afflalo?

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Afflalo doesn't have Andrew's ball handling or driving ability. I think he's comparable to Tyreke Evans with a better jumpshot.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Afflalo doesn't have Andrew's ball handling or driving ability. I think he's comparable to Tyreke Evans with a better jumpshot.

Highly disagree.

Aaron is still behind the curve in terms of legit PG skills. You want to turn him into a defensive PG at the NBA level because of his size, but I find issues.

1. He's not quick enough to defend NBA PGs.
2. He's not athletic enough to handle the SGs.

So, where does that leave him?

It's like watching Sasha Vujacic's NBA career. Tried to make him a PG, didn't work. Tried to make him stronger and make better decisions. Ended up being a pest defensively (and not always the most effective defender). Ended up just being a 3-point shooter, and not in game time.

So what does that make him? A 3 and D PG that can't defend PGs or SGs for extended minutes.

Just get Juwan Staten with the last pick and add some guard speed.

Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Andrew is 6'5 200 lbs, 6'8 wingspan and has a 37 inch vert. That's plenty enough size and athleticism to defend PGs and SGs. He won't be a star, but he'll be a solid rotational player that can backup Clarkson and play alongside him.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Andrew is 6'5 200 lbs, 6'8 wingspan and has a 37 inch vert. That's plenty enough size and athleticism to defend PGs and SGs. He won't be a star, but he'll be a solid rotational player that can backup Clarkson and play alongside him.

Size yes.

Athleticism? I don't see the lateral quickness or flat out speed.

He's underweight at SG.

Or

Not quick/fast enough at PG at the NBA level.

He's playing better this year, but I don't understand the fixation considering he's a project player without all of the athletic upside.

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Size isn't everything.

It wasn't just Marcus smarts size that makes him a dot potential, it's his quickness, his hand speed, his lateral movement and his ability to keep up with 1s and 2s while being able to stop power forwards from posting him up in college.

That's strength, size, and speed defensively. Nothing about Harrison despite his weight and height says he'll be. Height and size is nothing without quickness and reflexes.
Justwar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:30 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Size isn't everything.

It wasn't just Marcus smarts size that makes him a dot potential, it's his quickness, his hand speed, his lateral movement and his ability to keep up with 1s and 2s while being able to stop power forwards from posting him up in college.

That's strength, size, and speed defensively. Nothing about Harrison despite his weight and height says he'll be. Height and size is nothing without quickness and reflexes.
just curious how does the hharrisons stackup to last year's class in draftexpress.com measurement list ?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject:

I feel like a lot of the guys that we've collectively liked this year have jumped up the boards. Dunn, Levert, Grant, etc.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:46 am    Post subject:

It was like I was arguing with a newer poster in the Lounge yesterday, LG's draft analysis is as solid as most draft websites.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Okafor is incredibly agile for his size and a great ballhandler.

He is a star in the NBA, I am pretty sure.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:40 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
I feel like a lot of the guys that we've collectively liked this year have jumped up the boards. Dunn, Levert, Grant, etc.

You feel like?

All of those late 1st round to 2nd round types that we liked skyrocketed 20 spots.

It's only Levert that didn't adjust to #1 option and has the injury issue.

GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:46 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

You feel like?

All of those late 1st round to 2nd round types that we liked skyrocketed 20 spots.

LOL, touche. It's just...damn.

I've moved on to RJ Hunter. Reminds me a bit of Kevin Martin. Although Tyus Jones is still ranking in the high-20's, and I'd be thrilled to get him there.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:54 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

You feel like?

I've moved on to RJ Hunter. Reminds me a bit of Kevin Martin. Although Tyus Jones is still ranking in the high-20's, and I'd be thrilled to get him there.

Tyus feels like a Jordan Farmar clone to me - I think he'd be a solid late 1st rounder but nothing spectacular. And this is coming as the biggest Duke homer around.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:01 am    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

You feel like?

Tyus feels like a Jordan Farmar clone to me - I think he'd be a solid late 1st rounder but nothing spectacular. And this is coming as the biggest Duke homer around.

Tyler Ennis is the guy that comes to mind for me. Solid, smart kid with good court vision, but I'm not sure if he has the athleticism necessary to be more than a good backup. But I'm fine with that as a late-1st round pick.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

You feel like?

Tyler Ennis is the guy that comes to mind for me. Solid, smart kid with good court vision, but I'm not sure if he has the athleticism necessary to be more than a good backup. But I'm fine with that as a late-1st round pick.

Unlike Ennis, Tyus is a true gamer. He killed the Tar Heels in both games, has played well in the tourney. If he was 6'3, 195, Tyus would be a top 10 pick. I agree, I have him in my Houston pick grouping. Would be fine with him. Can run a team no doubt.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:23 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

You feel like?

Unlike Ennis, Tyus is a true gamer. He killed the Tar Heels in both games, has played well in the tourney. If he was 6'3, 195, Tyus would be a top 10 pick. I agree, I have him in my Houston pick grouping. Would be fine with him. Can run a team no doubt.

I just think there are players who will have better careers than Tyus at that position. I would be satisfied with him there, but I think we can do better.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
I just think there are players who will have better careers than Tyus at that position. I would be satisfied with him there, but I think we can do better.

Who are some of your favorite options with the Houston pick, Logo?
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:43 pm    Post subject:

I really like Delon Wright and Justin Anderson (my pac12 and ACC biases are showing). I think "overexposed" upperclassmen are prime targets for late first round picks because they've had more opportunity to have their games picked apart by scouts and have more of their flaws shown. I know they're projected at lower picks on DX but I think they're better players than Tyus. I don't think either UVA or Utah would fare as well as they did if Tyus swapped places with Wright or Anderson (and yes, I know Tyus would be better as a jr./sr.).

I'd also love for us to pick up Branden Dawson, maybe with a late 2nd rounder.

Edit:

To expand, I like Wright because of his size for his position, shooting, and ability to finish around the rim. I think Wright will find success because he uses his size well and should be able to force the opposition to switch a bigger defender onto him which should lead to mismatches elsewhere on the court.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:38 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

You feel like?

Almost straight out of my last podcast, it seems.

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Justise Winslow...
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:09 am    Post subject:

Can I just put the Harrison twins on the no draft list for outright poor body language?

Or is it just one that is messing it up for both?

44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:26 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Can I just put the Harrison twins on the no draft list for outright poor body language?

I want nothing to do with the Harrison twins.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

I want nothing to do with the Harrison twins.

Agreed. They should both stay in college and get the free education because a NBA career is not in thier cards.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:45 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

I'd put them on a no draft list for many more reasons than that, but yes...they come across as spoiled brats on the court.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 30 of 36
Jump to: