OFFICIAL 2015 Team Tank thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 767, 768, 769 ... 891, 892, 893  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iggypop123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:49 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Basically when we wanted to win in the beginning, Lin was no where to be found. Now we need to lose and suddenly Lin comes out of the woodwork.

Not having Ronnie Price healthy so BS can dick Lin around helps too.

It was more of Scott giving up on his offense and just said fine just have the ball all the time, sprinkle some horns or corner offense. In the beginning he wanted to run that slow grind it out deliberate offense. Which is scary cause Scott will return to that next year. They should have told him we are gonna hire you but for the love of God no Princeton.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:54 am    Post subject:

iggypop123 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Basically when we wanted to win in the beginning, Lin was no where to be found. Now we need to lose and suddenly Lin comes out of the woodwork.

It was more of Scott giving up on his offense and just said fine just have the ball all the time, sprinkle some horns or corner offense. In the beginning he wanted to run that slow grind it out deliberate offense. Which is scary cause Scott will return to that next year. They should have told him we are gonna hire you but for the love of God no Princeton.

I want to see a run and gun kind of offense next year with the young core. I'm not talking Dantoni offense obviously since that is more like 8 second offense.

I want to see aggressive moves in the paint, young guys like Clarkson and Randle running all over there defender with theirs quickness at their positon, make Kobe either hang in the post or play more off ball.

...now I know for sure that last part is not gonna happen but I think with Kobe's last year and all, I think it's more important for him to take a mentor role and look for other teammates more than scoring himself. With a whole new team next year, and Kobe's swan season, he won't need to do that anymore.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:55 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Staaaaaaaahp

hey GT when is the UK game?

Here
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:00 pm    Post subject:

iggypop123 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Very good point.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
22 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Why do people assume that if Love doesn't work out here, we can just trade him? Because that is not realistic if anything.

If Love doesn't work out here just like he didn't work out for the Cavs, while being signed to a max contract, it would be the Amare Stoudimire situation all over again. No one would even think about trading for him or his huge overpaying contract.

And lastly, the damage would be done and he would hurt Randle's growth tremendously as the real bigman for this team.

So no, Love getting traded is not even easy on that end. And getting him in the first place is a terrible idea.

Just let Love go to the Knicks and let them overpay him while we watch and see him crumble like he has been with the Cavs. Only this time, in a much bigger market team. Let the Knicks make that mistake.

My boy!! Thank you!!

I don't understand the "if he doesn't work out we can just trade him" logic. If he doesn't work out it'll be because he's hurt, and we won't be able to trade him. Or because his play has diminished, and we won't get much value for him.

I'll say it again, if we sign him it will be like the Steve Nash trade, but the FA signing version

Blake Griffin's ankles be aware....Randle is coming...next year

Considering Randle will be officially a rookie still next year, and yeah who knows, maybe he will have a similar Blake Griffen year?

Didn't affect Noel much either. Randle's injury in the grand scheme of things is not that serious. He will recover and be just fine like the other players in his position before him have as well.

I find your lack of faith for Randle disturbing.

Except Randle broke the thickest bone in his body on a non contact play.
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:44 pm    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:

So did Paul George and he'd be playing right now if he was in game shape.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Season being near, helps to.... last year it was Meeks and Young who started to put up big points after the AS break with a contract on there mind.... hopefully the Lakers aren't fooled with Lin..... he might just be looking his way out of L.A. by playing with a extra effort.... there is no way a player who was struggling mightly suddenly starts to play like a relevant player.... he wants the contract he solely desires.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:51 pm    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
22 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Why do people assume that if Love doesn't work out here, we can just trade him? Because that is not realistic if anything.

If Love doesn't work out here just like he didn't work out for the Cavs, while being signed to a max contract, it would be the Amare Stoudimire situation all over again. No one would even think about trading for him or his huge overpaying contract.

And lastly, the damage would be done and he would hurt Randle's growth tremendously as the real bigman for this team.

So no, Love getting traded is not even easy on that end. And getting him in the first place is a terrible idea.

Just let Love go to the Knicks and let them overpay him while we watch and see him crumble like he has been with the Cavs. Only this time, in a much bigger market team. Let the Knicks make that mistake.

My boy!! Thank you!!

I don't understand the "if he doesn't work out we can just trade him" logic. If he doesn't work out it'll be because he's hurt, and we won't be able to trade him. Or because his play has diminished, and we won't get much value for him.

I'll say it again, if we sign him it will be like the Steve Nash trade, but the FA signing version

Considering Randle will be officially a rookie still next year, and yeah who knows, maybe he will have a similar Blake Griffen year?

Didn't affect Noel much either. Randle's injury in the grand scheme of things is not that serious. He will recover and be just fine like the other players in his position before him have as well.

The doctor said not only will it heal but it will be stronger. I'll take his word for it.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:27 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Season being near, helps to.... last year it was Meeks and Young who started to put up big points after the AS break with a contract on there mind.... hopefully the Lakers aren't fooled with Lin..... he might just be looking his way out of L.A. by playing with a extra effort.... there is no way a player who was struggling mightly suddenly starts to play like a relevant player.... he wants the contract he solely desires.

Whats up Deuce
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:34 pm    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
22 wrote:
Megaton wrote:

My boy!! Thank you!!

Again, not a big deal. Doctor already noted that it will heal and get stronger.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:35 pm    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
22 wrote:
Megaton wrote:

My boy!! Thank you!!

It wasn't non contact, he smashed his own leg - it was a freak accident
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
22 wrote:
Megaton wrote:

My boy!! Thank you!!

The doctor said not only will it heal but it will be stronger. I'll take his word for it.

Good. I for one would have zero trust in any doctors affiliated with the Lakers. *Nash, Karl Malone, Kobe
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:10 pm    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
22 wrote:
Megaton wrote:

My boy!! Thank you!!

Good. I for one would have zero trust in any doctors affiliated with the Lakers. *Nash, Karl Malone, Kobe

That doesn't make any sense. Non of the health problems related to lakers players came from the doctors. It has always been the question mark of the training staff and Gary Vitti if anything.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:31 pm    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
22 wrote:
Megaton wrote:

My boy!! Thank you!!

You're ignoring that there was a report that Randle had a hairline fracture (probably from the hard practices, running, scribbages by BS) before the actual break.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:42 pm    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
22 wrote:
Megaton wrote:

My boy!! Thank you!!

He broke his tibia, which is not the "thickest" bone in the body that would be the femur. This will not effect him in anyway going forward other than the year of development he missed.
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Towns not having a great day on the defensive end of the court today. If this was Okafor, people would be lamenting his defensive ability and getting scored on every time down.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:29 pm    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
Towns not having a great day on the defensive end of the court today. If this was Okafor, people would be lamenting his defensive ability and getting scored on every time down.

That is because Towns is getting beat when he helps off the driver. Then his man waltzes in uncontested and gets the put back. It's more of a team defense issue. With Okafor it's more of a lack of effort/athleticism issue.

Additionally it's not hard to see towns is just a flat out better defender. So his rep will help reduce criticism
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Towns is straight up dominating.

Kiss my Converse.
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:32 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:

That is because Towns is getting beat when he helps off the driver. Then his man waltzes in uncontested and gets the put back. It's more of a team defense issue. With Okafor it's more of a lack of effort/athleticism issue.

Additionally it's not hard to see towns is just a flat out better defender. So his rep will help reduce criticism

I've seen Towns get scored in the post, not properly contest drives, and fail to box out to grab rebounds. Auguste is abusing him tonight. Luckily he's balancing it out with great post play on the other end. Just need to call him out since Okafor would get crucified for a similar performance.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:39 pm    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
22 wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:

I've seen Towns get scored in the post, not properly contest drives, and fail to box out to grab rebounds. Auguste is abusing him tonight. Luckily he's balancing it out with great post play on the other end. Just need to call him out since Okafor would get crucified for a similar performance.

He's gotten beaten 1 on 1 a few times. So has WCS. But it's the dribble penetration & help the helper situations that are killing UK
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:06 pm    Post subject:

EchoZulu wrote:
Towns is straight up dominating.

Classy interview afterwards giving ND major props makes me want to see him in P&G even more.

Kid is a baller and a class act. Like Randle.

What a great pair to build around, and Clarkson as well.
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:10 pm    Post subject:

It says a lot that Kentucky can rely on Towns' offense when the going gets tough. I like this kid a lot. If he can put it all together, he has special potential. This coming from the biggest Okafor fanboy on LG.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:11 pm    Post subject:

#Tank4Towns
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:13 pm    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
22 wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:

I like Towns, but he was indeed getting scored on tonight. UK played better interior D when WCS was protecting the paint.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Please for the love of basketball reasons, lose these games Lakers.

I can't stop watching these college games and salivating over guys like Okafor or Towns or Russell.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 767, 768, 769 ... 891, 892, 893  Next
Page 768 of 893
Jump to: