OFFICIAL 2015 Team Tank thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 768, 769, 770 ... 891, 892, 893  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:27 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
22 wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
Towns not having a great day on the defensive end of the court today. If this was Okafor, people would be lamenting his defensive ability and getting scored on every time down.

That is because Towns is getting beat when he helps off the driver. Then his man waltzes in uncontested and gets the put back. It's more of a team defense issue. With Okafor it's more of a lack of effort/athleticism issue.

Additionally it's not hard to see towns is just a flat out better defender. So his rep will help reduce criticism

I've seen Towns get scored in the post, not properly contest drives, and fail to box out to grab rebounds. Auguste is abusing him tonight. Luckily he's balancing it out with great post play on the other end. Just need to call him out since Okafor would get crucified for a similar performance.

I like Towns, but he was indeed getting scored on tonight. UK played better interior D when WCS was protecting the paint.

WCS is the better defender of the two.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:30 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
22 wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
Towns not having a great day on the defensive end of the court today. If this was Okafor, people would be lamenting his defensive ability and getting scored on every time down.

That is because Towns is getting beat when he helps off the driver. Then his man waltzes in uncontested and gets the put back. It's more of a team defense issue. With Okafor it's more of a lack of effort/athleticism issue.

Additionally it's not hard to see towns is just a flat out better defender. So his rep will help reduce criticism

I've seen Towns get scored in the post, not properly contest drives, and fail to box out to grab rebounds. Auguste is abusing him tonight. Luckily he's balancing it out with great post play on the other end. Just need to call him out since Okafor would get crucified for a similar performance.

I like Towns, but he was indeed getting scored on tonight. UK played better interior D when WCS was protecting the paint.

Well, I know that, but usually Towns holds his own when WCS is on the perimeter, but tonight he didn't do a good job at protecting the rim.
iggypop123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:31 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
22 wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:

towns weakness' are better than wcs weaknesses'. in other words towns defense>>>WCS offense.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:42 pm    Post subject:

iggypop123 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
22 wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:

towns weakness' are better than wcs weaknesses'. in other words towns defense>>>WCS offense.

way too early. have WCS work with Kareem and you will see something totally different in 2/3 yrs

lakers are used to being patient with their rookies so it might work
Vottomatic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Just say no to WCS lol he'll be lucky to be what Nerlens Noel is now
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Vottomatic wrote:

Nerlen Noel should have been picked number 1 in that draft though. WCS is a great pick at 4 or 5 where we possibly pick and where Towns/Russell/Okafor will be gone.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
Vottomatic wrote:

Nerlen Noel should have been picked number 1 in that draft though. WCS is a great pick at 4 or 5 where we possibly pick and where Towns/Russell/Okafor will be gone.

He's the same dude who said what's the difference between Steven Adams and WCS

Obviously doesn't appreciate WCSs game. Or just doesn't watch him enough
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Year_One
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:02 am    Post subject:

Vottomatic wrote:

Have no idea what you are watching
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:23 am    Post subject:

There is a possiblity that this Lakers team be a completely different story next season if the Lakers:

1) steal Okafor/Towns in the draft,
2) sign a stud FA (i.e. Aldrige, M. Gasol, or D. Jordan),
3) see a completely healthy Kobe and Randle return.

These are obviously three big "if" scenarios, but even if we fall short and see the Lakers:

1) draft Russell or WCS,
2) sign a solid FA (i.e. Rondo, Green or Love),
3) see the partial return of Kobe (i.e. 60-70 games) and Randle (70-75 games),

we will be a pretty decent team to cheer for.

All we can do right now to see this happen is lose out our 11 last games ......I hate cheering against my team but you better believe I will in this case.

Z
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:49 am    Post subject:

Killer_Z wrote:
There is a possiblity that this Lakers team be a completely different story next season if the Lakers:

1) steal Okafor/Towns in the draft,
2) sign a stud FA (i.e. Aldrige, M. Gasol, or D. Jordan),
3) see a completely healthy Kobe and Randle return.

These are obviously three big "if" scenarios, but even if we fall short and see the Lakers:

1) draft Russell or WCS,
2) sign a solid FA (i.e. Rondo, Green or Love),
3) see the partial return of Kobe (i.e. 60-70 games) and Randle (70-75 games),

we will be a pretty decent team to cheer for.

All we can do right now to see this happen is lose out our 11 last games ......I hate cheering against my team but you better believe I will in this case.

Z

Well said. Even if players like rondo and love aren't superstars or the players some fans want to see come to the lakers they sure as heck are better than what we have now and with the cap increasing we would be able to add more the following season and at least have some solid players on the roster to lure free agents.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:16 am    Post subject:

My prediction:

Lakers

@ Brooklyn - L
@ Philly - L
vs. New Orleans - L
vs. Portland - L
vs. Clippers - L
@ Clippers - L
@ Denver - L
vs. Minnesota - W
vs. Dallas - L
@ Sacramento - L
vs. Sacramento - W

Finish: 21-61

Philly

@ Cleveland - L
vs. Lakers - W
@ Washington - L
@ Charlotte - L
@ New York - W
vs. Washington - L
@ Chicago - L
vs. Milwaukee - L
vs. Miami - L

Orlando

vs. San Antonio - L
@ Minnesota - L
@ Milwaukee - L
vs. Chicago - L
vs. Toronto - L
vs. New York - W
@ Miami - L
@ Brooklyn- L

Finish: 23-59

That last game against Sac...
44-25
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:10 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
22 wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:

WCS moves cat-fast across the key on defense. This is something he has on all the bigs and he blocks shots.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:40 am    Post subject:

The criticism WCS gets from some people is just crazy. I mean right now, giving Deandre Jordan a max is a serious possibility. WCS right now is a better defender than DJ and I'm sure he will be able to build his offensive game to match DJ's 11ppg he has right now. You have the option to draft your franchise center at the 4th or 5th spot, you give it serious consideration.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:44 am    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
The criticism WCS gets from some people is just crazy. I mean right now, giving Deandre Jordan a max is a serious possibility. WCS right now is a better defender than DJ and I'm sure he will be able to build his offensive game to match DJ's 11ppg he has right now. You have the option to draft your franchise center at the 4th or 5th spot, you give it serious consideration.

I think the one valid criticism of WCS is his rebounding. He's okay, but not great, and that's probably the most translatable skill from college to the pros. I will be VERY happy if we get him with #4 or #5, but that's his biggest question mark for me, and what separates guys like Jordan or Chandler from him.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject:

Hard to rebound when you're asked to guard the perimeter
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:51 am    Post subject:

On the positive side with WCS, he's one of the most uniquely talented defensive players I've ever seen in the draft. There are two types of bigs that are generally successful in the NBA on the defensive end. You have your Rim Protectors, who are either great shot blockers, or play fantastic positional defense around the basket, or Switchers/Blitzers. Those guys are agile big men who can blitz a pick & roll effectively 25 feet from the basket, can rotate quickly out to shooters, or can passably defend a guard when forced to switch. Think Chris Bosh or LaMarcus Aldridge (as of a couple of years ago, anyway).

WCS is both. The only other big in the league that can do that is Anthony Davis.

Last edited by GoldenThroat on Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:53 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Hard to rebound when you're asked to guard the perimeter

I'm not just ham-handedly going off of numbers. When he is down low, he doesn't box out very often, and I see him get outworked for boards more often than I'd like him to. I still think highly of him, but it is a valid criticism, IMO.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:53 am    Post subject:

You're forgetting the man-to-man defenders. Admittedly they're not as relevant anymore because there's only 5 or so post-oriented centers still in the NBA, but it is a category.

Deandre Jordan is not a good man-to-man defender. He gets killed by Cousins.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:55 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
You're forgetting the man-to-man defenders. Admittedly they're not as relevant anymore because there's only 5 or so post-oriented centers still in the NBA, but it is a category.

I think it's a relatively unimportant skill for a 5 in today's game. Teams aren't going to beat you very often with their big going 1-on-1 in the post.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:55 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

This.

Bynum also ate his lunch.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:57 am    Post subject:

The Philly game is looming large. Very large.

I want to see this team close strong and lose out.
BigRedApple13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:58 am    Post subject:

I hope we get the Duke/Kentucky Title Game. Assuming we get #4 or #5 pick, still not sure if I want Stein or Winslow. I should want WCS but I just love Winslow's game. I think of Jimmy Butler everytime I see him.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:59 am    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
My prediction:

Lakers

@ Brooklyn - L
@ Philly - L
vs. New Orleans - L
vs. Portland - L
vs. Clippers - L
@ Clippers - L
@ Denver - L
vs. Minnesota - W
vs. Dallas - L
@ Sacramento - L
vs. Sacramento - W

Philly

@ Cleveland - L
vs. Lakers - W
@ Washington - L
@ Charlotte - L
@ New York - W
vs. Washington - L
@ Chicago - L
vs. Milwaukee - L
vs. Miami - L

Orlando

vs. San Antonio - L
@ Minnesota - L
@ Milwaukee - L
vs. Chicago - L
vs. Toronto - L
vs. New York - W
@ Miami - L
@ Brooklyn- L

Finish: 23-59

That last game against Sac...

U made up the entire scenario and then got sad about it?

Philly is playing really good, they will win couple e.g: hornets, bucks & 1 of wizs
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:59 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

I think it's a relatively unimportant skill for a 5 in today's game. Teams aren't going to beat you very often with their big going 1-on-1 in the post.

I think it's important when especially dealing with crunch time. When you know that you have the advantage in one on one situations, you're going to go to that option when the game tightens up and you need points. Duncan in the finals. Old man Duncan. You may not be able to go to that the whole game, but crunch time is usually when those 1v1 options come out.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:01 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

Just like people here want randle over love cause of his rookie contract i want the same with WCS and DJ

WCS, Randle and RHJ with houston pick and we set for 10yrs
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 768, 769, 770 ... 891, 892, 893  Next
Page 769 of 893
Jump to: