OFFICIAL 2015 Team Tank thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 834, 835, 836 ... 891, 892, 893  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Megaton wrote:

I think it's fair to say most of us if not all of us here have looked at the UFAs quite hard.

So I think the better question would be: Who do you think would help this team in the long term?

And don't you dare say Love or Rondo.

Love is a possibility if he checks out healthwise. Jordan, Dragic, R Lopez, Carroll, D Green are a few that come to mind.

Jordan is not coming here. Yeah I would like to have him but this is just wishful thinking. Especially since he wants to be the focus on offense, which is flat out not gonna happen.

Dragic doesn't help. He's a very good player true, but he's 29 going on to 30 next season. If he were 4 or 5 years younger, you would have a point.

How does paying a role player $10+ mill per like R Lopez help this team short or long term? He's ok. Nothing special. Not worth getting at all though. Ed Davis could do what he does with starting minutes and hell, probably do it better too.

Carroll, 28 going onto 29, backup player long term, and playing his best year on a contract year.

Danny Green I can see. But with the amount of big offers he will get, it's not really worth it in the long term. And if we wanted to spend money on a shooter, why not spend it on a likely better version of Green, Khris Middleton?

Lakers need to make sure they spend the cap money on players who are actually worth the money. Guys like Durant, Westbrook, Curry, etc. They are free agents who we need to save money on. And with drafting young talent, not only we build a younger and potentially better team, we also save A LOT more money.

None are FAs and without real NBA players to play with, it is doubtful they would have interest in coming here. That is why you spend on good value FAs this of season to attract them. I guarantee you that Westbrook would rather play with Lopez or Jordan than Sacre or Black. As for Jordan, he is not too old to learn post moves. He obviously isn't getting that from the Clippers. A great selling point for the Lakers.
TankNation
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:18 pm    Post subject:

Lakers need to bench Clarkson or something. Another reason why I hate Nash. A-hole going to be a big reason why we might lose this pick.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:20 pm    Post subject:

The "FAs will come here" mantra is not based on any facts. We haven't signed a real impact FA in quite a while. The perception around the league is that our FO is not what it used to be, that matters.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Troublesome626 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Megaton wrote:

I think it's fair to say most of us if not all of us here have looked at the UFAs quite hard.

So I think the better question would be: Who do you think would help this team in the long term?

Love is a possibility if he checks out healthwise. Jordan, Dragic, R Lopez, Carroll, D Green are a few that come to mind.

Love couldn't help the Wolves so how would he help us? Jordan is almost a lock to resign with the Clips they can offer him more years and money & why would he leave a contender to join a a team that has been in lottery for the last two years?

As far as R. Lopez

That 5th year is a media talking point. Jordan will never see it.
concernLakerFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Eric Pincus @EricPincus

NBA rules Ish Smith should have been called for a technical late in the 4th quarter after disagreeing with a foul call.

Eric Pincus @EricPincus

Another missed call in Sixers/Lakers - Clarkson took longer than 5 seconds to in-bound with 14.5 left in regulation

we should have lost instead of won last night if the official not missed all these calls.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:23 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
The "FAs will come here" mantra is not based on any facts. We haven't signed a real impact FA in quite a while. The perception around the league is that our FO is not what it used to be, that matters.

Not with agents. The FAs I listed we should have a shot at, that is why I left out guys like Gasol and LA. And any of them will improve this team.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:24 pm    Post subject:

TankNation wrote:
Lakers need to bench Clarkson or something. Another reason why I hate Nash. A-hole going to be a big reason why we might lose this pick.

If he can turn Clarkson into Dragic, I'm fine with that.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

venturalakersfan wrote:
Megaton wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Jordan is not coming here. Yeah I would like to have him but this is just wishful thinking. Especially since he wants to be the focus on offense, which is flat out not gonna happen.

Dragic doesn't help. He's a very good player true, but he's 29 going on to 30 next season. If he were 4 or 5 years younger, you would have a point.

How does paying a role player $10+ mill per like R Lopez help this team short or long term? He's ok. Nothing special. Not worth getting at all though. Ed Davis could do what he does with starting minutes and hell, probably do it better too.

Carroll, 28 going onto 29, backup player long term, and playing his best year on a contract year.

Danny Green I can see. But with the amount of big offers he will get, it's not really worth it in the long term. And if we wanted to spend money on a shooter, why not spend it on a likely better version of Green, Khris Middleton?

Lakers need to make sure they spend the cap money on players who are actually worth the money. Guys like Durant, Westbrook, Curry, etc. They are free agents who we need to save money on. And with drafting young talent, not only we build a younger and potentially better team, we also save A LOT more money.

None are FAs and without real NBA players to play with, it is doubtful they would have interest in coming here. That is why you spend on good value FAs this of season to attract them. I guarantee you that Westbrook would rather play with Lopez or Jordan than Sacre or Black.

I'm pretty sure Westbrook would rather play with neither and just stick with his current team if he had to choose .

No, I GUARANTEE you that Westbrook would rather play with Randle, top 5 pick (Winslow, Okafor, Towns, or Russell), and Clarkson rather than either one of those options.

You build a team with good value from the draft. Good free agents are expensive and most of them being 27 - 30s. And with a team trying to build for the future, you build guys who are about 19-25. The only exception to this rule is if the free agent in question is someone of Durant or Westbrook's status.

The 19-25 year olds are not only potentially better, but cheeper, and will last a much longer time with the team. Free agents should be used to fill any holes or pieces when we are in range of being a contender. Which this current Lakers team, is not. Not even close.
LeBronte Jest
Star Player
Star Player

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Not with agents. The FAs I listed we should have a shot at, that is why I left out guys like Gasol and LA. And any of them will improve this team.

Pretty sure we had to convince you that Gasol wasn't coming.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:26 pm    Post subject:

concernLakerFan wrote:
Eric Pincus @EricPincus

NBA rules Ish Smith should have been called for a technical late in the 4th quarter after disagreeing with a foul call.

Eric Pincus @EricPincus

Another missed call in Sixers/Lakers - Clarkson took longer than 5 seconds to in-bound with 14.5 left in regulation

we should have lost instead of won last night if the official not missed all these calls.

LOL. Another game where the refs were the reason we won.

And both of them being tank games (Wolves and Sixers). What timing. Unbelievable.
TankNation
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:27 pm    Post subject:

No freaking good free agents will come to the Lakers with these morons running this team. We will get sorry ass players like Boozer, Wayne Ellingto, Jordan Hill, Jeremy Lin and Wesley Johnson. You must be delusional if you think anyone good will come here.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:27 pm    Post subject:

concernLakerFan wrote:
Eric Pincus @EricPincus

Eric Pincus @EricPincus

The refs screwed us twice in games we needed to lose. And people think the nba is just going to gift us that top 5 pick?

Last edited by Rivershow on Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
TankNation
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
concernLakerFan wrote:
Eric Pincus @EricPincus

Eric Pincus @EricPincus

LOL. Another game where the refs were the reason we won.

And both of them being tank games (Wolves and Sixers). What timing. Unbelievable.

Cheap ass W's.
ice_cold
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:32 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Maybe it's the Asian Tiger in me but I want 100% or 96%. 83% is unacceptable. B- in terms of Tank percentages? Get the heck out.

Some of the moves we made this summer were unnecessary. Completely unnecessary. Like Ben and Jerry's putting fudge flakes in Cherry Garcia. There's no reason for fudge flakes to be in there. Why are they in there?

Fudge flakes never need justification. Never.

But as for Lakers offseason , if I could have one rewind, it would be signing Boozer.
TankNation
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject:

I can't tell if the refs helping the Lakers winning these close games shows the league either helping or trying to rob us of the pick. No, maybe the league is trying to troll all these bad teams ahead of us and behind us like Orlando to give them a sense of false hope.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject:

TankNation wrote:
No freaking good free agents will come to the Lakers with these morons running this team. We will get sorry ass players like Boozer, Wayne Ellingto, Jordan Hill, Jeremy Lin and Wesley Johnson. You must be delusional if you think anyone good will come here.

That's why we need to fill players from the draft. We need more Jordan Clarkson's, Julius Randles, etc.

That's how the really good free agents will come here. Rubin freaking Lopez won't lol.
TankNation
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
TankNation wrote:

That's why we need to fill players from the draft. We need more Jordan Clarkson's, Julius Randles, etc.

That's how the really good free agents will come here. Rubin freaking Lopez won't lol.

Exactly. And that is why I don't get how some so-called Lakers fans still want to win. All these cheap wins won't do anything because they are coming against trash teams.
Peoples Hernandez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
concernLakerFan wrote:
Eric Pincus @EricPincus

Eric Pincus @EricPincus

The refs screwed us twice in games we needed to win. And people think the nba is just going to gift us that top 5 pick?

Been saying this all along... We're lucky if Silver, Gilbert, and Cuban allows us to keep our pick.

"It's all entertainment" -Rasheed Wallace
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Watch Orlando knock LA back to the #5 slot and the Lakers then win the top selection. All this stress over a "tank" debate is too much. I never want a season like this again and Okafor would be a building block.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:03 pm    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
Watch Orlando knock LA back to the #5 slot and the Lakers then win the top selection. All this stress over a "tank" debate is too much. I never want a season like this again and Okafor would be a building block.

No kidding.

If the Lakers can get this pick, let alone win a lottery, I don't want this kind of season to happen again for a LONG time.

It's not like we would have a choice either if we manage to keep the pick this year. Next season is top 3 protected.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:

No kidding.

If the Lakers can get this pick, let alone win a lottery, I don't want this kind of season to happen again for a LONG time.

It's not like we would have a choice either if we manage to keep the pick this year. Next season is top 3 protected.

The only good news from losing the pick would be that next year's pick would become guaranteed.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:06 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:

No kidding.

The only good news from losing the pick would be that next year's pick would become guaranteed.

Team Tank 2016?
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:07 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:

No kidding.

True but two things.

1. I don't want to do this whole thing all over again.
2. No way do the Lakers. Lakers lose this pick and it will just encourage the FO to make terrible FA signings.
TankNation
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:07 pm    Post subject:

If the Lakers don't keep this pick, is next year's draft any good?
TankNation
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:09 pm    Post subject:

You know, tanking does seem fun. I guess if we don't keep this pick, we'll going to tank again next year. I mean, come on, even with an old Kobe, Clarkson, and Randle, this team still isn't good.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 834, 835, 836 ... 891, 892, 893  Next
Page 835 of 893
Jump to: