OFFICIAL 2015 Team Tank thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 835, 836, 837 ... 891, 892, 893  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:13 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:
Watch Orlando knock LA back to the #5 slot and the Lakers then win the top selection. All this stress over a "tank" debate is too much. I never want a season like this again and Okafor would be a building block.

No kidding.

If the Lakers can get this pick, let alone win a lottery, I don't want this kind of season to happen again for a LONG time.

It's not like we would have a choice either if we manage to keep the pick this year. Next season is top 3 protected.

The only good news from losing the pick would be that next year's pick would become guaranteed.

Mitch is great, but I could really see a desperate Jim Buss trading in the tank for an average ride. He may even mortgage some of the future in hopes that a healthy Kobe and Randle help claw and fight into an 8 seed. It's just hard to see them tanking bad enough to make the pick worth it. It would take another Cleveland type 9 seed win.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
24 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:
Watch Orlando knock LA back to the #5 slot and the Lakers then win the top selection. All this stress over a "tank" debate is too much. I never want a season like this again and Okafor would be a building block.

No kidding.

If the Lakers can get this pick, let alone win a lottery, I don't want this kind of season to happen again for a LONG time.

It's not like we would have a choice either if we manage to keep the pick this year. Next season is top 3 protected.

The only good news from losing the pick would be that next year's pick would become guaranteed.

True but two things.

1. I don't want to do this whole thing all over again.
2. No way do the Lakers. Lakers lose this pick and it will just encourage the FO to make terrible FA signings.

3. We're in range for a top 5 pick right now. Next season, we might have a better team, or at least a team with better chemistry, but still not be good enough to accomplish anything of significance, and we'll end up getting a lesser pick.

That, or we'll suck god awfully and, like you said, we'll have to go through all of this (bleep) yet again.
Sting
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:21 pm    Post subject: Bench Clarkson?

It will be devastating to lose that top 5 pick. 4th pick is so risky, it's 50/50 chance we keep that pick. Recent two separate draft classes have had two teams jump to top 5. Lakers needed to secure a top 3 slot to be able to sleep good at night. With the lakers luck they will end up with nothing. From Karl Towns to nothing.... Clarkson can play in the league, he has shown that. There is no point in getting these cheap old wins just ruining a potential 3 man foundation of Towns Randle and Clarkson..
Troublesome626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:23 pm    Post subject:

IN B4
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Lakers95 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
24 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:

No kidding.

True but two things.

1. I don't want to do this whole thing all over again.
2. No way do the Lakers. Lakers lose this pick and it will just encourage the FO to make terrible FA signings.

3. We're in range for a top 5 pick right now. Next season, we might have a better team, or at least a team with better chemistry, but still not be good enough to accomplish anything of significance, and we'll end up getting a lesser pick.

That, or we'll suck god awfully and, like you said, we'll have to go through all of this (bleep) yet again.

Well the deal is, if the Lakers keep the pick, winning won't be the most important thing next season because we won't be even a playoff contender.

HOWEVER, with the pick, we will have fun things to watch next season. The top 5 pick, Clarkson in his 2nd year, Randle with a real rookie year and having a Blake Griffin year! (That last part is probably extreme but you get my point).

Next season, if everything goes to plan, we will have a completely different team next season. A team that is not only likeable, but fun to watch as well. Even if we don't make the playoffs.

If we don't keep the pick however...than we are the Oakland Raiders.

Simple as that.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Play this on ESPN... it will make you feel better: http://espn.go.com/nba/lottery2015/mockdraft

I just played it 10 times and we didn't lose our pick once. We actually moved up a spot most of the time. Strange that ESPN thinks we will take Mudiay over everyone but Okafor.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:25 pm    Post subject:

First of all, the Lakers don't have too many losing seasons where they are in a position for a top 5 pick. This is about trying to get a future Hall of Famer for the next 10 years. It's natural to try to be optimistic if we lose the pick and play it down like it's not that important. Make no mistake, it's VERY important. If Clarkson and Randle pan out, adding another young stud to that mix could be a future dynasty. If we lose the pick, higher chance we are stuck in mediocrity.

Lakers will no doubt try to sign some players this offseason. In the best case scenario, the players are either overrated or at the tail end of their prime. Nothing will replace the value of that draft pick. Imagine Clarkson, Randle, and Okafor/Towns/Russell/Mudiay/Winslow/WCS. Add one solid FA this year and potentially 2 max FAs the year after. That is a real contender. It is out of our hands now.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:30 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Play this on ESPN... it will make you feel better: http://espn.go.com/nba/lottery2015/mockdraft

I just played it 10 times and we didn't lose our pick once. We actually moved up a spot most of the time. Strange that ESPN thinks we will take Mudiay over everyone but Okafor.

This is assuming we even stay at the 4 spot.

Now we have to hope Magic actually wins games.

Magic play the Spurs tomorrow...ugh.
TankNation
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Better not win against the Pelicans because Orlando's not beating the Spurs.
Sting
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:34 pm    Post subject:

I like Clarkson, but we have to think about our future.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Orlando has two more wins than us. Even assuming they lose out the rest of the way (unlikely since they play the Knicks and Timberwolves once each), we still can win one more game and keep the 4th spot. The only game I think we win is at home against Minnesota. I think we end up keeping the 4th spot.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject:

TankNation wrote:
Better not win against the Pelicans because Orlando's not beating the Spurs.

I'll pretty much give up if we win one in the next 4 games.

Especially against the Pelicans. If Anthony Davis doesn't go 40+ and 10+ on us (unless he plays limited minutes of course), then he has no hope of ever becoming great.

I mean really, the fact that Noel shot horribly against Ryan Kelly or Sacre or Hill is pathetic.
TankNation
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:39 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully, none of the next three teams go soft against these bums. It seems like every good teams they play goes soft on them.
TankNation
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:49 pm    Post subject:

This season taught me a lot about tanking because I never knew how much stressful it is.........especially when you have a protected pick unllike the other sorry teams. A win hurts more without than usual. F Nash.
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:51 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Megaton wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Orlando has two more wins than us. Even assuming they lose out the rest of the way (unlikely since they play the Knicks and Timberwolves once each), we still can win one more game and keep the 4th spot. The only game I think we win is at home against Minnesota. I think we end up keeping the 4th spot.

We're not losing to Minnesota

I wouldn't be surprised if we beat the Pelicans tomorrow either. We also have to play Sacramento twice to end the season, and I don't see us losing both games. I think the Kings are going to shut down Demarcus Cousins so I'm willing to bet we'll win both.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:55 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Megaton wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Sac will shut down Cousins. Those games are easily winnable. Who knows which other team will shut down its starters.
Sting
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:56 pm    Post subject:

WE need to start Sacre, play boozer, play Kelly at sf, give Wesley over 40mins game... price going down really hurt the tank job.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:00 pm    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
24 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:

No kidding.

Mitch is great, but I could really see a desperate Jim Buss trading in the tank for an average ride. He may even mortgage some of the future in hopes that a healthy Kobe and Randle help claw and fight into an 8 seed. It's just hard to see them tanking bad enough to make the pick worth it. It would take another Cleveland type 9 seed win.

The pick would be wofth it age 15-20.
TankNation
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Lakers need to shut down Lin, Boozer, Hill, and Ellington at the very least. You know all those scrubs will be trying to play at their best due to free agency.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Bench Clarkson?

Sting wrote:
It will be devastating to lose that top 5 pick. 4th pick is so risky, it's 50/50 chance we keep that pick. Recent two separate draft classes have had two teams jump to top 5. Lakers needed to secure a top 3 slot to be able to sleep good at night. With the lakers luck they will end up with nothing. From Karl Towns to nothing.... Clarkson can play in the league, he has shown that. There is no point in getting these cheap old wins just ruining a potential 3 man foundation of Towns Randle and Clarkson..

No it is a 84%/16% chance.
Just call me ***
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully we stay at 4 or better. There's always some (bleep) that moves up and pushes the 5th team down.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:17 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

Most of the time I played it we ended up with Porzingus at #5. I wonder if he is one of the guys Mitch scouted when he went to Europe? Also, would he come to the NBA next season if drafted?
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Just call me *** wrote:
Hopefully we stay at 4 or better. There's always some (bleep) that moves up and pushes the 5th team down.
winning against Philly twice pretty much end any chance of us moving up to 3, just pray to god we don't slip to 5, then it becomes a flip of a coin and there is even chance we will lose the pick, a horrendous season with nothing to show for it.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Man, Jordan sets nice screens.
datniggbstyle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Given the state of the franchise, What are the chances the Lakers actually value the ability to sign two Max free agents this year over having one and a top 5 pick?

They seem eerily indifferent about that very scenario. Wonder if they see it as a win win with Randle essentially redshirting year one and Clarkson showing first round value.

Theoretically, once again THEORETICALLY is A Gasol + Love combo (Yeah I Know) better than Tobias Harris, Resigning Ed Davis and Top 5 pick?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 835, 836, 837 ... 891, 892, 893  Next
Page 836 of 893
Jump to: