OFFICIAL 2015 Team Tank thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 891, 892, 893  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Team tank will end up like the German Panzers at the Battle of Kursk. The Lakers are gonna shock the sports world and those haters at BSPN.
petergr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject:

81 wrote:
If you're the worst team in the league, the odds are greater that you pick 4th than 1st.

Really?????
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Lakers are in a really bad spot. The ceiling is low (1st round exit), yet won't be bad enough to get into top five pick position either. Guys like Boozer assure this.
GreekTrojan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:48 pm    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:
General Byron Scott has reported for duty

Let's roll out:

Hate him as a winning coach but he's a perfect leader for the tank brigade. His empty words, Lakers' pedigree, and preaching tough nosed defense (while playing none) will placate the naive while we pile up the wins. Randle/Okafor + FA disgruntled superstar backcourt master plan baby.
andree
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:10 am    Post subject:

Yes, a frontcourt duo of Randle/Okafor makes me .
It's a long shot but we have the right leader. He practiced with the long losging streak in NBA history.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject:

Official Tank Team 2014 vid: Tank Team 2014
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Official Tank Team 2014 vid: Tank Team 2014

Too funny. Kobe bryant is the mud.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject:

What is with people with the surname of Beck and having terrible predictions?
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Who in the hel! is Howard Beck??? NM, I really don't care...
HC: Riley
Laker Lover
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject:

There's no way, even with the same injury riddled season, will Lakers be a top 5 worst team in NBA this season. Healthy, you can forget it, we will be fighting for 8th seed.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Laker Lover wrote:
There's no way, even with the same injury riddled season, will Lakers be a top 5 worst team in NBA this season. Healthy, you can forget it, we will be fighting for 8th seed.

They might fight for it, but chances are slim that they get it. Too many teams in the West are better:

Spurs
Thunder
Clippers
Warriors
Rockets
Blazers
Mavericks
Grizzlies

Pelicans
Lakers
Suns

If they have a healthy season, great chemistry for a team playing together for the first time, and Kobe plays anywhere near what he use to, then they have a shot at the playoffs. Not sure if all three of those things can happen.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject:

I'm not seeing anything that makes me think la couldn't be better than Memphis.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:

Yep. They do have chemistry/continuity going for them but other than that they're an average team. They had a couple of nice seasons but they haven't done much to improve the team over the years. Now they probably have their worst team in recent years. You can add the Rockets as another team we might beat. They lost so many rotation guys and they have no bench.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:

They very well could miss the playoffs. That said, they won 50 games last year and I think they will win at close to that this year. I think the Pelicans have a better shot at the 8th seed than the Lakers. I hope I'm wrong and they play great, but I don't see it with this roster.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Two of the hardest things to predict are health and cohesiveness, and factor that in with everyone else's as well. I remember reading an article a little while back that showed how few teams win the title unless four of their top five minutes guys have played together for three or more years (Miami being a rare if short lived exception). And I've also noted oh putting talent together doesn't necessarily mean you get the max out of all of it, or that changing even small pieces doesn't seriously impact what you do. Some teams make big or small leaps in either direction on the smallest of things, and what you did last year is not always a great predictor going forward.

Memphis is an example of a team with little turnover, but a team that might have leaked and then begun a decline back to the mean. Dallas is a team where you see some immediate upgrades, but you don't know how they all fit. Is a guy like Parsons, who is underrated at six figures but perhaps overrated at eight, give them a quantum upgrade over Marion? Does the upgrade to chandler really happen? Does it offset what might be a serious chemistry downgrade at the pg position? Does Phoenix overachieve again? Does Houston drop back, and give up an extra win here and there to a team clawing for a playoff spot? Does LA gel and maximize what they have and make a run?

Hard to say, but if healthy and cohesive, LA has depth and an alpha star and some other talent that fits around him. I wouldn't bet on them winning 50, but it wouldn't be out of the realm of real possibility either.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject:

looking at this thread made me sick to my stomach
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:

Yeah really can't believe how many people support tanking specially in a year where we don't even have our pick and chances of us getting it are slim to none.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

Yeah really can't believe how many people support tanking specially in a year where we don't even have our pick and chances of us getting it are slim to none.

+ we haven't seen how kobe looks or the new guy scott coaches this team.

i was part of the tank but when we were done in jan last yr...they can still trade nash + houston 1st and get an impact player before season.

lets at least support the team 1st 25 games before calling the tank bandwagon
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Lets go team tank. Death to mediocrity.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject:

JoJo Dancer wrote:

It makes a certain amount of sense to completely tank instead of being mediocre but the rewards aren't as great as people make them seem and true "tanking" doesn't happen nearly as often as fans claim it does.

There was frustration that no matter how many games the Lakers were losing, other teams were still losing more but we can't forget that most of those teams scored wins against the Lakers last year.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject:

JoJo Dancer wrote:

u know we don't have the pick if it falls below 5?

we can compete with 76'ers, celtics, magic, bucks, jazz?
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Two of the hardest things to predict are health and cohesiveness, and factor that in with everyone else's as well. I remember reading an article a little while back that showed how few teams win the title unless four of their top five minutes guys have played together for three or more years (Miami being a rare if short lived exception). And I've also noted oh putting talent together doesn't necessarily mean you get the max out of all of it, or that changing even small pieces doesn't seriously impact what you do. Some teams make big or small leaps in either direction on the smallest of things, and what you did last year is not always a great predictor going forward.

Memphis is an example of a team with little turnover, but a team that might have leaked and then begun a decline back to the mean. Dallas is a team where you see some immediate upgrades, but you don't know how they all fit. Is a guy like Parsons, who is underrated at six figures but perhaps overrated at eight, give them a quantum upgrade over Marion? Does the upgrade to chandler really happen? Does it offset what might be a serious chemistry downgrade at the pg position? Does Phoenix overachieve again? Does Houston drop back, and give up an extra win here and there to a team clawing for a playoff spot? Does LA gel and maximize what they have and make a run?

Hard to say, but if healthy and cohesive, LA has depth and an alpha star and some other talent that fits around him. I wouldn't bet on them winning 50, but it wouldn't be out of the realm of real possibility either.

The thing about Memphis is that they won 50 games with Marc Gasol missing 23 games in the season. Once Gasol came back they were a force to be reckoned with. I would not discount them so quickly. I think if Marc Gasol plays close to 80 games this season Memphis surpasses their 50 win mark last year.
TheSource666
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

And if we didn't tank last year we wouldn't have Randle. And the draft this year isn't as deep as it was last year, meaning we have to tank harder.

You realize Randle is the ONLY positive asset on this team right?
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject:

I was ok with tanking last year because we had Kobe injured and the front office basically did nothing. Plus we has a dead duck coach. This year is different, new coach, healthy Kobe, exciting rookie and some nice additions in Lin and boozer. This team isn't tanking.
TheSource666
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
I was ok with tanking last year because we had Kobe injured and the front office basically did nothing. Plus we has a dead duck coach. This year is different, new coach, healthy Kobe, exciting rookie and some nice additions in Lin and boozer. This team isn't tanking.

Were you pro tank before the start of the season?

When this season spirals out of control by the All Star Break, 80% of you will turn into pro tank where us RATIONAL PEOPLE said we should be tanking FROM THE START.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 891, 892, 893  Next
Page 18 of 893
Jump to: