OFFICIAL 2015 Team Tank thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 262, 263, 264 ... 891, 892, 893  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:20 pm    Post subject:

with a boston win tonight, we will be 4 games behind the next closest team in the win collumn. 4 games is a lot when you have 12 wins, so i'm liking our chances of landing a top 5 pick now. it is, at the very least, 82.7%! minnesota is starting to get some pieces back, so maybe they can make a run - or possibly the knicks. they are only 4 games behind us in the win column. a 3rd worst record would give us a 96% chance of keeping our pick.

I also like Karl Towns a lot, and I think he'd fit better with Julius since he has range and is a better defender. I don't want a PG though, since the league is so stacked with guards, it wouldn't be difficult to land a PG via free agency.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:47 pm    Post subject:

Boston up 15 in Utah. Either way win-win.
Peoples Hernandez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:50 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Boston up 15 in Utah. Either way win-win.

I feel like climbing on top of a table and dancing right now....

"It's all entertainment" -Rasheed Wallace
Finnisher
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Robert Upshaw got dismissed from UW. Could be a moderate-risk, high-reward pick with our 2nd rounder.
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12232892/washington-huskies-dismiss-robert-upshaw-program-violation-team-rules
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Our draft pick isn't even safe because the bottom 3 are extraordinarily bad compared to the Lakers
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:24 pm    Post subject:

dood23 wrote:
Our draft pick isn't even safe because the bottom 3 are extraordinarily bad compared to the Lakers

as mentioned, the knicks have had some injuries.. melo is back for now. they have been winning a few more games recently. also, wolves have had some major injuries and 2 of them are back (pekovic/kevin martin). the wolves might actually string a few wins together with 2 of their starters back.

and even if we held our position, it's almost an 83% chance we keep the pick.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Boston was up like 24 now up only 7. Bunch of (bleep) (bleep).
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Boston was up like 24 now up only 7. Bunch of (bleep) (bleep).

They started scoring when they took Exum out and put in a real offensive option, Burke. Exum just swings the ball.........Their main unit needs more firepower than that.
he's -22 tonight +/-
Sting
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:07 pm    Post subject:

huge win boston! prince ballin, danny boy must be pissed. they might release him.

whats the deal with rubio and kevin mart? when are they coming back. I'll feel alot more safe pick 3. picking 4th is still risky
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Sting wrote:
huge win boston! prince ballin, danny boy must be pissed. they might release him.

whats the deal with rubio and kevin mart? when are they coming back. I'll feel alot more safe pick 3. picking 4th is still risky

Rubio and Martin both had setbacks, but Martin's was minor. Rubio's ankle is worse than they thought and he'll be out a while, Martin may be back this week
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Finnisher wrote:
Robert Upshaw got dismissed from UW. Could be a moderate-risk, high-reward pick with our 2nd rounder.
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12232892/washington-huskies-dismiss-robert-upshaw-program-violation-team-rules

Wow, last a checked he was a lottery pick in some mocks. Now he will be lucky to get drafted. Smh stay away from drugs kids.
Sting
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:50 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Finnisher wrote:

Wow, last a checked he was a lottery pick in some mocks. Now he will be lucky to get drafted. Smh stay away from drugs kids.

its just weed too. was leading the nation in blocks. kid had that problem back in fresno. i would buy a mid second round pick and take a chance on him. let kareem school him
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Sting wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Finnisher wrote:

its just weed too. was leading the nation in blocks. kid had that problem back in fresno. i would buy a mid second round pick and take a chance on him. let kareem school him

Kareem is high as hell himself
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Sting wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Finnisher wrote:

Exactly, players don't usually get kicked off thier teams for just weed. It has to be something else. I don't want him around randle, clarkson and the rookies were about to pick up. I doubt he gets drafted with his history so maybe we offer him a camp invite.
Nick the Quick
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:46 pm    Post subject:

i hope Upshaw goes to the D League and we can sign him to a cheap contract.

guy might have some issues, but he's got some definite upside.
iggypop123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Nick the Quick wrote:
i hope Upshaw goes to the D League and we can sign him to a cheap contract.

guy might have some issues, but he's got some definite upside.

going to dleague doesnt make him a free agent. he will still have to go through draft ala glen rice jr
iggypop123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:21 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Will Mudiay pull off an Exum and try to be mr mystery?

got hurt. not gonna take risks and rush back. think his china team signed will bynum and have won like 20 in a row. so i dont think they care anymore. im personally not a fan. wont be able to bully nba guards to get past them, mediocre shooter, too much of a poor mans tyreke evans.
he likely will shut it down and let him stay high at the draft mocks.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:11 pm    Post subject:

Exum just said all the right things to make Lakers fans wet their panties and eventually the rest of the fanbases caught up. He's looking like a bust in the making that's for sure. I for one am very happy we got Randle, in the little time he played he showed more potential than any of the 4-6 guys and well Embiid didn't play but supposedly he's overweight so go figure. Hopefully he, Randle, comes back strong and by the looks of things he has the right mindset to do just that.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:41 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Exum just said all the right things to make Lakers fans wet their panties and eventually the rest of the fanbases caught up. He's looking like a bust in the making that's for sure. I for one am very happy we got Randle, in the little time he played he showed more potential than any of the 4-6 guys and well Embiid didn't play but supposedly he's overweight so go figure. Hopefully he, Randle, comes back strong and by the looks of things he has the right mindset to do just that.

Either that or his development is going to be very long....
I'm leaning on the former since it looks like he's lost in the NBA game at times.
He might have spend some time in the D-League in the future.
Nothing wrong with that, some players just aren't ready when they start playing against grown men in the NBA.
Sting
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:49 pm    Post subject:

exum is raw... plus he is in a feature role. he would be best with the ball in his hands. he was rock solid in usa vs the world. kid is really young, I wouldnt call him a bust
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:51 pm    Post subject:

I agree, its too early to make a case for either since he is the youngest out of all of the top draft picks from last year. I'd say if by year 4 he doesn't show significant improvement, then we can say whether he is a bust or not.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:56 pm    Post subject:

Sting wrote:
exum is raw... plus he is in a feature role. he would be best with the ball in his hands. he was rock solid in usa vs the world. kid is really young, I wouldnt call him a bust

He's been played at PG 75% of the time -- he's been asked to do more, try to attack more. He just doesn't have the skill to do it. All he can do is swing the ball or make a good pass in the PnR.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:04 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Sting wrote:

He's been played at PG 75% of the time -- he's been asked to do more, try to attack more. He just doesn't have the skill to do it. All he can do is swing the ball or make a good pass in the PnR.

He got moved into the starting lineup 4 games ago, as Utah's not happy with Trey Burke either, and 20 of his 26 shots in those games have been from behind the arc. Zero FTAs. He just can't get his own shot. He's one of the more poorly scouted players I've seen in the last 5 years or so. But like they say, you tell a lie often enough and it becomes the truth.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:08 am    Post subject:

Exum has 2 free throw attempts in his last 341 minutes.
ISOM
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:12 am    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:

I remember saying to myself after getting Randle and looking at his high school and college highlights that we were very lucky to get him and that he is a much better prospect than Exum. People were still in love with him at the time but I just didn't see it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 262, 263, 264 ... 891, 892, 893  Next
Page 263 of 893
Jump to: