OFFICIAL 2015 Team Tank thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 264, 265, 266 ... 891, 892, 893  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:12 am    Post subject:

FWIW, I'd steer clear of Kennedy Meeks in the 2nd round. Very poor defensive player, whose offensive skill set doesn't make up for it. I don't think he'll stick in the league.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:15 am    Post subject:

bandiger wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
Sting wrote:
huge win boston! prince ballin, danny boy must be pissed.

I was thinking the same thing.

Ainge hipped out Rondo, Green etc in a full-on tanking effort and now the Cs are playing better than they have all year. 3 wins in 4 games on a Western road trip.

They're only a couple of games out of the last playoff berth in the East now.

Would love it if Ainge's shameless tanking blew up in his face.

They got like 11 first round draft picks, they don't have to worry about lottery crap

Yes they do. A top 5 pick is waaaayyy different than a #16 pick

Chronicle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Russell looks amazing. Watched some of that Indiana/OSU game.

My question, has he been guarded by lengthier defenders? Yogi Ferrell isn't exactly a lockdown artist nor is he even over 6 feet tall.

Sounds like he could be an artist tho

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:17 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
FWIW, I'd steer clear of Kennedy Meeks in the 2nd round. Very poor defensive player, whose offensive skill set doesn't make up for it. I don't think he'll stick in the league.

I was reading your posts about him, and the first thought was, "who was saying we should draft him?" I thought you were having a conversation with your self.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:28 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

I was reading your posts about him, and the first thought was, "who was saying we should draft him?" I thought you were having a conversation with your self.

I kind of was.

I plan on locking in on guys who are DX's Top 75 throughout the rest of the year, and sort of "tweeting" my observations here on LG. I have more time this year than I did at the same time last season, and there's a good chance that we have 4 picks at different parts of this draft.
Sting
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:07 am    Post subject:

another guy to look at is tyrone wallace 6'6 pg from cal. heard he has been tearing it up
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:21 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

My question, has he been guarded by lengthier defenders? Yogi Ferrell isn't exactly a lockdown artist nor is he even over 6 feet tall.

heres a game against notoriously stingy/pressure heavy Louisville
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Prospect Watch, 1/27/15

Marcus Foster, PG (DX #71) vs. West Virginia on ESPN2 at 4pm.
Bobby Portis, PF (DX #22) vs. Tennessee on ESPNU at 6pm.
Chris Walker, PF (DX #46) & Michael Frazier, SG (DX #75) @ Alabama on ESPN at 6pm.
Michael Qualls, SG (DX #62) @ Arkansas on ESPNU at 6pm. (same game as Portis)

I'm going to zero in on Portis tonight.
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Qualls has been really impressive the few Arkansas games I've seen this season.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:41 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

I kind of was.

I plan on locking in on guys who are DX's Top 75 throughout the rest of the year, and sort of "tweeting" my observations here on LG. I have more time this year than I did at the same time last season, and there's a good chance that we have 4 picks at different parts of this draft.

What's the deal with that second rounder from houston anyway. I saw it on tankathon earlier in the season but now I only see our second round pick in there
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:42 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Handles are nice. Since osu plays zone tough to evaluate defense but doesn't seem to give full effort on that end.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:57 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Since osu plays zone tough to evaluate defense but doesn't seem to give full effort on that end.

That's why I still have Mudiay ahead of him at this point in time
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

I kind of was.

What's the deal with that second rounder from houston anyway. I saw it on tankathon earlier in the season but now I only see our second round pick in there

It's actually the Clippers' pick, and it passed through Houston. Heavily protected. The only way we get it is if it falls between 51-55. Right now it's at #56, which is why it disappeared on Tankathon.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:02 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Handles are nice. Since osu plays zone tough to evaluate defense but doesn't seem to give full effort on that end.

They played man vs. Indiana. They switched everything on off ball screens (becoming the norm in the NBA), and he did a tremendous job of doing that. Very communicative. Forced 2 or 3 turnovers with ball denial. Has a tendency to play too high and is prone to getting back cut. I'd grade his off ball defense as a 7 out of 10.

On ball, his stance is too high, and he's prone to getting beat off of the dribble. I'd grade him as a 3.5 in terms of his on ball D. Decent job fighting through screens on PnR. I think he has tools, but he has bad habits on ball. He's best suited to defend off ball.
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:04 pm    Post subject:

I think we're going to end up with the #3 pick in the draft and I believe Mudiay will be available with that pick. This is a great pick for us because this summer there is a plethora of Center free agents that we can go hard after.
Troublesome626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:09 pm    Post subject:

PhoenixForce wrote:
I think we're going to end up with the #3 pick in the draft and I believe Mudiay will be available with that pick. This is a great pick for us because this summer there is a plethora of Center free agents that we can go hard after.

I still take Russell over Mudiay at this point. I agree about the free agent centers. Obviously Gasol is the big one but i would not mind a defensive paint defender like Tyson Chandler.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:11 pm    Post subject:

PhoenixForce wrote:

I would take Russel before I'd take Mudlay but I would still be happy with Mudlay if we were picking him 4th or 5th.
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Troublesome626 wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:

I still take Russell over Mudiay at this point. I agree about the free agent centers. Obviously Gasol is the big one but i would not mind a defensive paint defender like Tyson Chandler.

Mudiay is better and has the higher ceiling.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:12 pm    Post subject:

If we draft 3 and Towns/Okafor are off the board it comes down to Russell/WCS for me. Mudiay is not in my top 5
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Troublesome626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:15 pm    Post subject:

PhoenixForce wrote:
Troublesome626 wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:

How so? they are both prospects. And Russell is playing against better competition in collage while Mudiay choose to go over seas. I still would not mind Mudiay if Russell was off the board.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:16 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
If we draft 3 and Towns/Okafor are off the board it comes down to Russell/WCS for me. Mudiay is not in my top 5

WCS is nowhere near a top 5 pick because of his health problems. Mudiay can be the next John Wall. Russell would be a great pick too but he's more of a SG than PG imo.
ISOM
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Troublesome626 wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:
Troublesome626 wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:

How so? they are both prospects. And Russell is playing against better competition in collage while Mudiay choose to go over seas. I still would not mind Mudiay is Russell was off the board.

I think he says Mudlay has the higher ceiling because he has the speed and athleticism to break down defenses better than Russel. I can't say I disagree. The article that I linked on the other page also talks about this.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:21 pm    Post subject:

PhoenixForce wrote:
22 wrote:

WCS is nowhere near a top 5 pick because of his health problems. Mudiay can be the next John Wall. Russell would be a great pick too but he's more of a SG than PG imo.

Mudiay has no parts of his game that standout to me. Would much prefer WCS who can be a rim protector from day 1. His health concerns won't end his career. Might limit his minutes on some nights. He's still more of a sure thing than Mudiay
ISOM
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:25 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:
22 wrote:

Mudiay has no parts of his game that standout to me. Would much prefer WCS who can be a rim protector from day 1. His health concerns won't end his career. Might limit his minutes on some nights. He's still more of a sure thing than Mudiay

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Emmanuel-Mudiay-6472/

No way can you say watching Mudlay videos on this page doesn't leave you with the impression that he is a top 5 pick. He has great handles, he is a willing passer, and his speed allows him to get to the rim at will.

Last edited by ISOM on Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:
22 wrote:

You haven't watched Mudiay play if you think that. He has elite defense, elite athleticism, great ball handling, and is a willing passer with improving court vision.

I would never waste a top 5 pick on someone that can only play 25 MPG in the NBA. WCS will fall to the mid 1st round.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
bandiger wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
Sting wrote:
huge win boston! prince ballin, danny boy must be pissed.

I was thinking the same thing.

Ainge hipped out Rondo, Green etc in a full-on tanking effort and now the Cs are playing better than they have all year. 3 wins in 4 games on a Western road trip.

They're only a couple of games out of the last playoff berth in the East now.

Would love it if Ainge's shameless tanking blew up in his face.

They got like 11 first round draft picks, they don't have to worry about lottery crap

Yes they do. A top 5 pick is waaaayyy different than a #16 pick

Exactly.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 264, 265, 266 ... 891, 892, 893  Next
Page 265 of 893
Jump to: