OFFICIAL 2015 Team Tank thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 273, 274, 275 ... 891, 892, 893  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Grant may fall just because of his age of not grant someone good Will definately fall to us. There are a few in our range that I would be happy with
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:37 am    Post subject:

We're now down to a 4.9 projected win differential between us & the Knicks. That's the closest we've been to them in quite some time.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:17 am    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
Could an Okafor/Randle frontline be just as good defensively as Horford/Millsap? The Hawks don't have a traditional rim protector, and they are killing the league right now. First in points allowed. Team defense is the name of the game. I still take Okafor #1 and it's not even a doubt in my mind.

Horford is a pretty great defender though
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:36 am    Post subject:

I think the best value for the Rockets pick will be at PG and SF. Tyus Jones, Terry Rozier, and Justin Anderson are prospects that I like with the Rockets pick.
roboshrimp
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:39 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
I think the best value for the Rockets pick will be at PG and SF. Tyus Jones, Terry Rozier, and Justin Anderson are prospects that I like with the Rockets pick.

Its pretty simple. Draft the best player available with that top 5 pick and then depending on the position drafted in that top 5, draft a different position with that Rocket's pick. For example, if Russell was drafted top 5, then I would opt to draft a Center or small forward with that rocket's pick. If its a big man like Okafor or Towns, then draft a guy like Tyus Jones.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:45 am    Post subject:

roboshrimp wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Its pretty simple. Draft the best player available with that top 5 pick and then depending on the position drafted in that top 5, draft a different position with that Rocket's pick. For example, if Russell was drafted top 5, then I would opt to draft a Center or small forward with that rocket's pick. If its a big man like Okafor or Towns, then draft a guy like Tyus Jones.
Agree, but I think we would be better off drafting a perimeter player like Stanley Johnson or Russell and signing a C in FA. This is a great FA for centers, big men in the draft usually take a lot longer to develop and is more risky because of injuries.
roboshrimp
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:55 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
roboshrimp wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Agree, but I think we would be better off drafting a perimeter player like Stanley Johnson or Russell and signing a C in FA. This is a great FA for centers, big men in the draft usually take a lot longer to develop and is more risky because of injuries.

I have no problem signing a center in the offseason. The problem is, I don't think we have much of chance to sign them. DeAndre Jordan, Marc Gasol, Greg Monroe, Brook Lopez (player option), Roy Hibbert (player option) and Omer Asik (player option) are some of the big names at the center position. Many of these players are looking towards a winning situation. And the other consideration is, when considering age and potential many of these players are already nearing 30 and are looking for big time contracts. The only players that are young here is Greg Monroe and Jordan. Is it worth throwing out that much money for a guy like Asik and Hibbert? I may do it for Marc Gasol and Deandre but not for the other guys. Pau Gasol was recently quoted as to saying that his brother's main priority is to sign with a contender (which is why he is likely to stay in Memphis). As for Deandre, he is a great defensive player that is young but you can bet he is gonna have lots of suitors. Yes, Los Angeles is a wonderful place with many opportunities for endorsements and business but you have to consider the fact that this team is no where near contention and many of these players would like to be in a winning situation.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

GoldenThroat wrote:
We're now down to a 4.9 projected win differential between us & the Knicks. That's the closest we've been to them in quite some time.

I watched the Knicks game last night, and the guys are playing extremely hard and well. You can tell they have pride as guys like Lance Thomas/Galloway/Admunson feel a breath of life in their NBA careers. They are literally playing like their NBA lives depended on it. I think they will win a lot more games if Melo/Calderon can stay healthy.

Not sure if Phil and Co. will embrace a full tank, probably want Fisher to get a little momentum and hope they get a Ewing frozen envelope situation.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

Chronicle wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
Could an Okafor/Randle frontline be just as good defensively as Horford/Millsap? The Hawks don't have a traditional rim protector, and they are killing the league right now. First in points allowed. Team defense is the name of the game. I still take Okafor #1 and it's not even a doubt in my mind.

Horford is a beast...when healthy. Would love to have him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:58 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:

I haven't checked those guys out yet so I can't comment.

I like Tyus. A bit scrawny and undersized it seems for the NBA, but a smart and fearless player. Reminds me of a better shooting/passing Jordan Farmar?

Also, how about Delon Wright at the pick? Can't shoot but I do like the concept of having a huge backcourt in the future.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:00 am    Post subject:

I like Mouhammadou Jaiteh but he's really really raw
Sting
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:31 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:

Horford is a beast...when healthy. Would love to have him.
we could in 2016
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:33 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

I like Tyus. A bit scrawny and undersized it seems for the NBA, but a smart and fearless player. Reminds me of a better shooting/passing Jordan Farmar?

Also, how about Delon Wright at the pick? Can't shoot but I do like the concept of having a huge backcourt in the future.

For huge backcourt draft Russel and sign B Knight. & have Clarkson as a backup
Sting
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:34 am    Post subject:

knicks play a very winnable game today again. against the pacers

magic could also win giving lakers more breathing room.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:35 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Well, that's not really huge. 6'3 (Knight) and 6'4 (Russell).

Curry (6'3) and Klay (6'7) is taller overall.
roboshrimp
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:39 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

As another guy mentioned before, Russell has moved up to number 2 on Draft Express mock draft. This guy keeps rising. Its unfortunate because I really like this kid and I don't think we will get high enough of a draft pick to get him
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject:

Sting wrote:
knicks play a very winnable game today again. against the pacers

magic could also win giving lakers more breathing room.

Melo will probably not play but still a winnable game. Tomorrow we have a big one, Minny @ Philly.
ISOM
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:57 am    Post subject:

roboshrimp wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

As another guy mentioned before, Russell has moved up to number 2 on Draft Express mock draft. This guy keeps rising. Its unfortunate because I really like this kid and I don't think we will get high enough of a draft pick to get him

We're 4th right now, Russel will probably go top 3. We are definitely in play to get him. And there are a lot of games left to move up to the third spot possibly.
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:59 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:

Horford developed into a great defender. He was never and is still not a traditional rim protector/swatter. Okafor is athletic enough to be just as good as Horford on defense.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:01 am    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:

Horford developed into a great defender. He was never and is still not a traditional rim protector/swatter. Okafor is athletic enough to be just as good as Horford on defense.

Man, if Horford didn't have to get worn down playing center and was able to play PF. Imagine him with Noah for example, wow.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:01 am    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:

Horford may not be a traditional rim protector or swatter, but what makes him a very good defender is that he cuts off lanes, and he definitely alters shots with his frame.

He's also motivated on that end.

Problem with Okafor is that sometimes he just looks like he doesn't care on defense
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:05 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:

Horford may not be a traditional rim protector or swatter, but what makes him a very good defender is that he cuts off lanes, and he definitely alters shots with his frame.

He's also motivated on that end.

Problem with Okafor is that sometimes he just looks like he doesn't care on defense

He just does everything perfectly.

I think one way to make a pitch to horford is to give him a big man at center so he doesn't have play center and get worn down as he ages.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject:

BTW thanks the for scouting "tweets" GT and others

Helps to get a grasp on the draftees because I don't have a ton of time to watch college bball
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:09 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

I wouldn't draft him in the 1st round, he can't shoot. We're going to need as many shooters around Randle as possible.
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject:

As of today, before any action, the "other" tank standings stand like this:

1. Golden State
2. Atlanta
3. Memphis
4. Portland
5. Clippers
6. Houston

Which currently gives the Lakers the 25th pick...

Definitely need Houston to string together some losses.

I say realistically they still have a shot at getting to 11th, which would net the Lakers the 20th pick.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 273, 274, 275 ... 891, 892, 893  Next
Page 274 of 893
Jump to: