OFFICIAL OPTIMISTIC POSITIVE ENERGY THREAD (Positive feelings Only)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magic2Kobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject:

I'm excited about the huge tank job we're going to do to get the highest draft pick since James Worthy.

The on court product will be terrible, but probably entertaining in a "so bad, it's good" kind of way.
CrackerJax
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Magic2Kobe wrote:
I'm excited about the huge tank job we're going to do to get the highest draft pick since James Worthy.

The on court product will be terrible, but probably entertaining in a "so bad, it's good" kind of way.

man stop it u do no that we can't get a pick it goes to suns unless it is 1 or 2 or three or four or five and HECK KNOW i dont want to have such a horrible season so just stop it with this kind of thinking in the positive think thread PLEASE thanks
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:23 am    Post subject:

Magic2Kobe wrote:

Did you not read the thread title or OP? How hard is it to obey simple rules jesus. Next time I will ask the mods to do something if you bring negativity in this thread.
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:43 am    Post subject:

I really like most of the players we've under contract now:

Lin, Kobe, Randle, Swaggy and Hill. Hopefully Kelly continues with us and Clarkson pans out.

Now waiting for the rest of the roster to fill out, but i've no doubt we gonna snatch some more good players, im liking this team so far.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:46 am    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:
I really like most of the players we've under contract now:

Lin, Kobe, Randle, Swaggy and Hill. Hopefully Kelly continues with us and Clarkson pans out.

Now waiting for the rest of the roster to fill out, but i've no doubt we gonna snatch some more good players, im liking this team so far.

Yep, excited about who we can get.
And excited about the new season.
C'mon October!!
DimesnD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:58 am    Post subject:

I'm glad the FO has saved me plenty of time and possibly money by canceling TWC.

Good news for the Lakers is, with no luxury tax - they're slated to profit in excess of 100 mil again. That's got to make the Buss kids happy. Money keeps on rolling on in, in Laker land without having to put a product on the table. That's why Jim thinks this gig is wayy easy.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:02 am    Post subject:

DimesnD wrote:
I'm glad the FO has saved me plenty of time and possibly money by canceling TWC.

Good news for the Lakers is, with no luxury tax - they're slated to profit in excess of 100 mil again. That's got to make the Buss kids happy. Money keeps on rolling on in, in Laker land without having to put a product on the table. That's why Jim thinks this gig is wayy easy.

Aw, we'll miss you.
And you'll miss plenty of great games cuz we're gonna rock!
TheSource666
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:03 am    Post subject:

There's no way the Lakers get a bottom 5 record. You can be delusional about how good this team is and delusional about how bad this team is.

Kobe is still on the team. We won't be a bottom 5 team.

...which is why we won't have our draft pick
DimesnD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:20 am    Post subject:

[quote="epak"

Aw, we'll miss you.
And you'll miss plenty of great games cuz we're gonna rock![/quote]

Aw thanks, but don't miss me. Miss the winning tradition that passed away with Jerry Buss. But you know what, pay my $200+ TWC bill, i would gladly accept the privilege of watching "plenty" of good games on their way to a 30 win season.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject:

J.Hill could be a poor man D 12
Sacre poor man Deandre Jordan
J.Lin poor man John Wall
J.Randle poor man Zach Randolph
J. Clarkson poor man Monta Ellis
R. Kelly poor man Jared Dudley which is a poor man Paul Pierce
K. Marshall poor man injured Nash
Nash poor man healthy Nash

Kobe... poor man prime Kobe

D12, D.ordan, J.Wall, ZBo, M.Ellis, P.Pierce, 2 Nash and 2006 Kobe... that's a championship team!

Ok, I'll stop drinking
j. shuttlesworth
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject:

Positive thread huh?

Well, lakers gear will be cheap again!

...uh, cheaper tix?

....more free time for me!

...I'm out of ideas.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject:

DimesnD wrote:
epak wrote:

Aw, we'll miss you.

Aw thanks, but don't miss me. Miss the winning tradition that passed away with Jerry Buss. But you know what, pay my $200+ TWC bill, i would gladly accept the privilege of watching "plenty" of good games on their way to a 30 win season.

No wonder you're mad.
My TWC bill is only $90.

See what positivity can do for you?
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject:

I'm excited to see Kobe back but it's going to suck seeing him playing with mediocre guys meaning he does to much and suffers...

After that I'm excited to see Randle and Clarkson and see how they turn out...

I also think Nash as a backup 12-20 min a night is best and he plays against second unit guys
Purp n Gold Hulk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject:

I'm excited to see kobe healthy I think he's going to be right around his career averages 25/5/5. I hope he concentrates on facilitating more. Gets his assist to around 7pg.

Julius Randle I'm most excited about I think he will be right up there for ROY with a good shot to win it. Also he will add some nice energetic youth to the team.

I've never watched much of Jeremy Lin. I'm curious to see him. seems like his 3pt percentage been steadily getting better yr by yr. good bball IQ. Very good off the drive.
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:29 pm    Post subject:

1. I am excited to see Kobe's return
2. Randle
3. Clarkson
4. Lin
5. Sacre's improvement.
6. Kelly's improvement.
7. Our roster is not yet complete, Lakers might still get a good player.
8. New coach.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:39 pm    Post subject:

We have to put things into perspective. Last year the winners of the tank were as follows:

1) Milwaukee
2) Philadelphia
3) Orlando
4) Utah Jazz
5) Boston Celtics
6) LA Lakers

Everyone of those teams above the lakers got better...much better. The Bucks will have a solid one two between the Greek Freak and Jabari Parker, who is the overall consensus favorite to win rookie of the year. Philly will have Nerlens Noel back in the lineup, and hopefully Embiid will be able to come back and contribute early. Orlando got a huge upgrade with Elfrid Payton and Aaron Gordon. This allows Oladipo to slide to his natural position nd be a scorer. The Jazz were able to hang onto Hayward and are now adding Exum into that backcourt. The Celtics seem to have the same team but added Marcus Smart.

The Lakers on the other hand have lost just about all the players that were productive for them last year. No more Farmar, who was huge at times for us, No more Meeks, who led us in scoring on multiple occasions, no Kaman, no Bazemore. Most importantly however, there's no more Pau.

By the looks of it, unless Kobe decides to be a Renaissance man, were right up there for being a top three pick in next years draft.

TL;DR: Out of the top six worst teams from last year, we lost the most of the little talent we had. Be positive that e will be able to retain our traded pick to PHX
salami
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject:

DimesnD wrote:
[quote="epak"

Aw, we'll miss you.

Aw thanks, but don't miss me. Miss the winning tradition that passed away with Jerry Buss. But you know what, pay my $200+ TWC bill, i would gladly accept the privilege of watching "plenty" of good games on their way to a 30 win season.[/quote]

what are you going to do for Monday and Thursday Night Football?
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Ladies and Gentlemen, I introduce to you, the prized possession of the winner of the 2014-2015 tank wars: Emmanuel Mudiay.

I'm already fully over this offseason. I'm staying hopeful that the future of the Lakers will consist of Mudiay/Randle one two punch. Now lets go and get that first overall pick. The Lakers will finally get the PG theyve been waiting for
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
Ladies and Gentlemen, I introduce to you, the prized possession of the winner of the 2014-2015 tank wars: Emmanuel Mudiay.

I'm already fully over this offseason. I'm staying hopeful that the future of the Lakers will consist of Mudiay/Randle one two punch. Now lets go and get that first overall pick. The Lakers will finally get the PG theyve been waiting for

This is not a tanking thread. I don't know how much clearer the OP can be. If you want to talk about tanking go to the Official Tanking thread that is not this one. This thread is about positivity and hope about the Lakers upcoming season.
GRE4T ONE
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject:

I think we can lose the most games this coming season
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
Inverse wrote:

This is not a tanking thread. I don't know how much clearer the OP can be. If you want to talk about tanking go to the Official Tanking thread that is not this one. This thread is about positivity and hope about the Lakers upcoming season.

Looks like theres gonna be a split between tanking and competing to be mediocre once again. No one likes losing, we all want to have a winning product. But unfortunately, the CBA was designed to keep teams like the Lakers down while the rest of the small market teams begin to elevate. Like you said this a positivity thread. There will be no worse of an outcome with the Lakers finishing in the same position they did last year, and send a number 6 or number 7 draft pick to a rival in our own conference. There will be some positivity coming out of this season. Julius Randle will have all of the opportunities in the world to develop and reach his potential, as well as Jordan Clarkson.

Many people hate Laker fans because we're labeled as "delusional". It's okay to have hope and optimism for next year, but those words are relative. Hope and optimism for me is to be as bad as possible while at the same time developing our rookies. We need to land the overall number one or number two pick with the idea of landing Mudiay. Your definition of hope and optimism seem to be winning as many games as possible and be left on the outside looking in. Nothing wrong with that, but like mentioned before, hope and optimism are relative to each person's opinion.
supermegamen
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Most importantly, we gotta find a way to stay somewhat healthy this year. Then I think, we'll have a good shot to make a little noise in the West, maybe compete for that #8 playoff spot. Not sure if we'll make it in the end. I do like this team though.

And let's remember, we still have some more roster spots to fill and money to spend. There are gonna be some promising Free Agents at the end of the list, who've seen the kind of deals Kaman, Young or Meeks got thanks to the exposure in LA.

Still believe we can get some gems on one-year make-good contracts. We'll see if somebody picks up Evan Turner after that horrible end to the season. Or a former lottery pick like Ed Davis. Or another shot at Michael Beasley. Or at Jimmer Fredette. Or bring in some veteran presence in Caron Butler or Emeka Okafor. I think we still have some options left that can make us better.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Unless Kobe averages 35 10 and 10 we're getting a top 5 pick. book it.
supermegamen
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
Inverse wrote:

Looks like theres gonna be a split between tanking and competing to be mediocre once again. No one likes losing, we all want to have a winning product. But unfortunately, the CBA was designed to keep teams like the Lakers down while the rest of the small market teams begin to elevate. Like you said this a positivity thread. There will be no worse of an outcome with the Lakers finishing in the same position they did last year, and send a number 6 or number 7 draft pick to a rival in our own conference. There will be some positivity coming out of this season. Julius Randle will have all of the opportunities in the world to develop and reach his potential, as well as Jordan Clarkson.

Many people hate Laker fans because we're labeled as "delusional". It's okay to have hope and optimism for next year, but those words are relative. Hope and optimism for me is to be as bad as possible while at the same time developing our rookies. We need to land the overall number one or number two pick with the idea of landing Mudiay. Your definition of hope and optimism seem to be winning as many games as possible and be left on the outside looking in. Nothing wrong with that, but like mentioned before, hope and optimism are relative to each person's opinion.

I'd go out on a limb though and argue we're not gonna be one of the five worst teams in this league IF we manage to stay somewhat healthy and Kobe can play most of the season. We're gonna be mediocre. And I'm not in favor of benching our best players to increase chances in the lottery. It's pure luck anyway, as seen with the Cavs (again) this year.

So instead of tanking this year for nothing, we might look to field a formidable team that can be on the brink of taking a step up in the next couple of years to attract possible Free Agents who want to get this team over that hump.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Even though I fully expect the chicken little dimwits to fully derail this thread, I feel pretty good about this offseason.

Picked up two young and promising assets in the draft.
Got a first round pick for the next draft plus a future second rounder.
Acquired Jeremy Lin who I think may be fun to watch.
Did not saddle ourselves with any bad long-term contracts. I was on board, but apprehensive about Melo.
By all accounts, Kobe is looking healthy. That's great news unless you are a tanker.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9
Jump to: