OFFICIAL OPTIMISTIC POSITIVE ENERGY THREAD (Positive feelings Only)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
zePokar wrote:
How do optimists react when reality keep hitting them in the face?

We create a special helmet that takes impact and converts it into usable energy; making us more powerful.

Lol. 10/10
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone optimistic?

Reflexx wrote:
I'm an optimist by nature. I look at this team and see the potential of what could be instead of focusing on doom and gloom scenarios.

I think we've been conditioned to expect doom and gloom because of the horrible luck we've had the past two years due to injuries.

If you're an optimist, what do you hope to see this year? What scenario do you envision?

Things I hope to see:

Lin proves that "Linsanity" wasn't a fluke and averages 18 pts, 7 ast, 4 rb

Kobe really is healthy and rejuvenated. He also benefits from a resurgence of Linsanity, and even participates in more P&R himself. He reduces the wear and tear on his body while still averaging 24 pts, 6 ast, 6 rb. The web is filled with stories about Kobe being "reborn" and Kobe being out to prove all the nay-sayers wrong. He creates an identity for the team with everyone feeling like they have a chip on their shoulder. Something to prove. He keeps everyone focused on the prize.

Randle contributes faster than people expect. His mobility and agility for someone his size makes him a huge crowd favorite. He works hard to prove that he could also rebound and defend.

Kelly's 3pt % goes up to 37%. His size makes it difficult for defenders to contest the shot. People talk about him being a candidate for MIP the same way they talked about Meeks.

Clarkson seems to be learning fast. He has a similar skill set to Lin, and Lin is more than happy to mentor him as long as he is willing to put in the work.

Nash is healthy!!!... well, mostly. He plays limited minutes. Maybe 10-15 min here and there. Often taking one or two games off. But he appreciates every second he's on the floor because of his love for the game. Even in his limited playing time he shows guys like Lin and Clarkson why he's going to be a 1st ballot HOFer. His shot is still money. And best of all, Lin and Clarkson look up to him and respect him. Nash's biggest contribution ends up being on the practice floor as Lin and Clarkson try to emulate his work ethic.

Young actually plays defense!

X. Henry improves his free throw percentage to 70%. lol

Sacre makes improvements in his defense, playing a little smarter and grabs more rebounds.

Hill gets in better condition and can play 30 min a game.

K. Marshall... ummm... becomes a very supportive at cheering off the bench.

Record: 53-29, just above the Rockets

Why wouldn't you just "hope" to go 82-0 and then 16-0 to win it all?
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject:

I'm looking forward to the season mostly due to kobe, randle, Nash and Lin. Excited to see what they can do. I'm not expecting us to challenge for a chip but I think we'll over achieve as a team.
LonestarLakerFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Blade wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
Oh yeah, Randle needs to have an impact this season..
Beasley was outstanding in College.... Didnt do anything down in Miami even his rebounding SUCKED when he was putting up 11boards at Kansas

Best hope thats NOT Randle seriously

If you knew anything about the two of them you would know that Randle is nothing like Beasley.

Quoted for truth. Terrible comparison.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject:

usc/lakers wrote:
What exactly is the upside in making the 8th seed? Team needs to be worst 5 to preserve their 1st round pick and continue to build. Geeeze guys..the franchise needs to rebuild! Mitch needs to put away his wand, and wear a hard hat!

Since the Lakers rightfully aren't going to do a concerted tank job, not the fluff tank job last year, I would rather try to make the playoffs to show a sign of "progress" to FAs in 2015 and 2016. Also, it doesn't hurt to minimize the pain when we watch Phx draft on our behalf. Better a 15th pick than 6th.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject:

34-48 record.... Phx will love our lottery pick! Mitch will try to sell KD is our target next year bs....
nateball
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject:

I just want to see a healthy team, I can live with a rebuild and some down years as long as we actually get to see these guys play and progress.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject:

At this point, I'd rather aim for the 8th seed. If they fall short, we get a shot at the top 3 picks by virtue of the lottery. If not, they get a high lottery pick.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone optimistic?

ringfinger wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
I'm an optimist by nature. I look at this team and see the potential of what could be instead of focusing on doom and gloom scenarios.

I think we've been conditioned to expect doom and gloom because of the horrible luck we've had the past two years due to injuries.

If you're an optimist, what do you hope to see this year? What scenario do you envision?

Things I hope to see:

Kobe really is healthy and rejuvenated. He also benefits from a resurgence of Linsanity, and even participates in more P&R himself. He reduces the wear and tear on his body while still averaging 24 pts, 6 ast, 6 rb. The web is filled with stories about Kobe being "reborn" and Kobe being out to prove all the nay-sayers wrong. He creates an identity for the team with everyone feeling like they have a chip on their shoulder. Something to prove. He keeps everyone focused on the prize.

Randle contributes faster than people expect. His mobility and agility for someone his size makes him a huge crowd favorite. He works hard to prove that he could also rebound and defend.

Kelly's 3pt % goes up to 37%. His size makes it difficult for defenders to contest the shot. People talk about him being a candidate for MIP the same way they talked about Meeks.

Clarkson seems to be learning fast. He has a similar skill set to Lin, and Lin is more than happy to mentor him as long as he is willing to put in the work.

Nash is healthy!!!... well, mostly. He plays limited minutes. Maybe 10-15 min here and there. Often taking one or two games off. But he appreciates every second he's on the floor because of his love for the game. Even in his limited playing time he shows guys like Lin and Clarkson why he's going to be a 1st ballot HOFer. His shot is still money. And best of all, Lin and Clarkson look up to him and respect him. Nash's biggest contribution ends up being on the practice floor as Lin and Clarkson try to emulate his work ethic.

Sacre makes improvements in his defense, playing a little smarter and grabs more rebounds.

Because even if everything fell into place perfectly, and we got Dwight back, CP3, and Lebron that still wouldn't happen. Otherwise... I'd love to hope that.
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject:

Yes still optimistic....

NBA CHAMPIONS:
1999-2000 Los Angeles Lakers Winner
200-2001 Los Angeles Lakers Winner
2001-2002 Los Angeles Lakers Winner

2003-2008 = 6 YEAR BREAK (BUT LAL IN FINALS 2004 and 2008)

2008-2009 Los Angeles Lakers Winner
2009-2010 Los Angeles Lakers Winner

2011-2014 = 4 YEAR BREAK (BUT WITH A LOCKOUT/NEW CBA + OWNER DYING)

I can wait and see for another couple of years, scrubs or no scrubs. I really "SMH" at the "microwave" generation/society....can't wait for anything...
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:37 am    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
I think we have a chance at being the 8th seed if we can stay healthy.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
eznoh wrote:
3peat_pete wrote:
I am optimistic we get to keep our top 5 1st round pick.

Same here.

Do you honestly think that a team of Lin, Kobe, Young, Randle and Hill/Sacre can't win 20 games?

That's the problem. Not bad enough to get top 5 pick guaranteed, not good enough to make the playoffs. The dreaded 10-12 seed range.

But it is improvement, and that is what we need to see.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone optimistic?

Reflexx wrote:

Things I hope to see:

Sure, if absolutely everything breaks our way we could be good - but pretty much every team every year can say that.

Realistically, I don't expect every person on the roster to improve, and I don't expect every player to perform at a career-best level.

I think we'll see the normal grab bag of good and bad. How good we'll be depends mostly on how well Kobe recovers -- and I have no way to make a prediction on that.

But when you say Clarkson is "learning fast" based on one summer league game it shows we it's offseason and hope springs eternal.

But if you are taking best on the 53-win guess, put me down for $1,000 against
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone optimistic?

activeverb wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

Things I hope to see:

Sure, if absolutely everything breaks our way we could be good - but pretty much every team every year can say that.

Realistically, I don't expect every person on the roster to improve, and I don't expect every player to perform at a career-best level.

I think we'll see the normal grab bag of good and bad. How good we'll be depends mostly on how well Kobe recovers -- and I have no way to make a prediction on that.

But when you say Clarkson is "learning fast" based on one summer league game it shows we it's offseason and hope springs eternal.

But if you are taking best on the 53-win guess, put me down for $1,000 against

53 games? bet the house.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject:

As currently constructed, this team is not winning anymore than 15-20 games. 20 games would be like winning 65 games for a good team.

We will have multiple losing streaks of 10 games or more.

Our defense will be horrible and so will our rebounding.
TheElectronica
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject:

I think this team will be fun to watch, and I think it's been a while since we had that. We have some young exciting new guys who play hard and love being Lakers which will be exciting. There's cap spacing coming in a few years, and we are witnessing the last of one of the greatest players of all time go out as the top dog on his team.

By all means, we are not in any shape or form favorites to win anything, but it'll be fun to finally cheer for guys that want to be here and want to win as Lakers than what we had the past few years.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
As currently constructed, this team is not winning anymore than 15-20 games. 20 games would be like winning 65 games for a good team.

Why can't you read the thread title? It says positive feelings ONLY. The defense will be good. The offense will be underrated and we will probably be heading for a playoff spots. When that happens, it's time to upset some teams!
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject:

So many people either don't like to follow directions or can't read.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject:

They are always the same people, and all they do here is complain. Then complain some more. Ok, I am done complaining.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Why can't you read the thread title? It says positive feelings ONLY. The defense will be good. The offense will be underrated and we will probably be heading for a playoff spots. When that happens, it's time to upset some teams!

That's because another thread was merged into this one.
steve_42
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject:

I might be in the minority, but I still trust Mitch and Jim's judgment. I was ecstatic when they landed D12 and Nash, so I won't bash them for how it turned out. I think we have some really nice pieces to work with. Randle has great potential, Lin is a solid player, I believe Kobe will return to a high level. I'm not saying that we will have the same results as 07-08, probably not by a long shot. However, not many had high hopes going into that season either and we ended up making it to the finals that season.
We have about 26 million in expiring deals, assuming the Hill deal goes through and a first round pick to work with. Who knows if Mitch can work his magic, either via trade or make a splash next summer. Just have to be patient and remind yourself, this organization has proven time and again they will come back strong from tough times. As Lakers fans, when you have had the success that we have become so accustomed to, it is easy to forget just how recently that was and we will have it again. Bright days are ahead, I am sure of it.
Peoples Hernandez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject:

The title makes me want to bust out some yoga and breathing exercises

"It's all entertainment" -Rasheed Wallace
Peoples Hernandez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject:

steve_42 wrote:
I might be in the minority, but I still trust Mitch and Jim's judgment. I was ecstatic when they landed D12 and Nash, so I won't bash them for how it turned out. I think we have some really nice pieces to work with. Randle has great potential, Lin is a solid player, I believe Kobe will return to a high level. I'm not saying that we will have the same results as 07-08, probably not by a long shot. However, not many had high hopes going into that season either and we ended up making it to the finals that season.
We have about 26 million in expiring deals, assuming the Hill deal goes through and a first round pick to work with. Who knows if Mitch can work his magic, either via trade or make a splash next summer. Just have to be patient and remind yourself, this organization has proven time and again they will come back strong from tough times. As Lakers fans, when you have had the success that we have become so accustomed to, it is easy to forget just how recently that was and we will have it again. Bright days are ahead, I am sure of it.

Yezzir.

How quickly they forget.

"It's all entertainment" -Rasheed Wallace
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone optimistic?

Reflexx wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

Things I hope to see:

Because even if everything fell into place perfectly, and we got Dwight back, CP3, and Lebron that still wouldn't happen. Otherwise... I'd love to hope that.

But now you're injecting realism back in this. Are you trying to be realistic?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
So many people either don't like to follow directions or can't read.

Are you including yourself?

There was a thread merge.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9
Jump to: