Lamar Odom waived by the Knicks.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Lamar Odom waived by the Knicks.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/11205415/new-york-knicks-waive-lamar-odom-re-sign-cole-aldrich

Quote:

"Unfortunately, Lamar was unable to uphold the standards to return as an NBA player," Jackson said in a statement. "We found it necessary to free up the roster spot."

When Phil Jackson your biggest believer doesn't think you can uphold the conduct of an NBA then you have issues. Hope he resolves those. I doubt we will ever see him back in an NBA uniform.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Yep, I saw this coming a few days ago. He was pictured somewhere, looked overweight. Really worried that one day I'm just going to read the worst about Lamar. Phil was such a nice friend to give him this chance, but Lamar couldn't even show up to the Knicks practice facility and train like he said he would.

Yeah, he's done in the NBA. I just hope he's not done in life.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Paging Pat Riley.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
madsen35
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject:

I'm bummed for Lamar and I'm bummed because the Knicks were becoming the east coast Lakers. It would have been neat to see Lamar thriving again under the leadership of Derek and P-Jax.
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject:

It's sad that he's not taking care of himself. He has fallen so far from Sixth Man of the Year.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Wonder what happened
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:07 am    Post subject: Re: Lamar Odom waived by the Knicks.

lakersken80 wrote:
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/11205415/new-york-knicks-waive-lamar-odom-re-sign-cole-aldrich

Quote:

"Unfortunately, Lamar was unable to uphold the standards to return as an NBA player," Jackson said in a statement. "We found it necessary to free up the roster spot."

When Phil Jackson your biggest believer doesn't think you can uphold the conduct of an NBA then you have issues. Hope he resolves those. I doubt we will ever see him back in an NBA uniform.

Phil couldn't get through to Lamar. This is very bad news as Lamar strikes me as someone who could very well return to the projects as a broken man in a few years. He simply cannot take care of himself.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: Lamar Odom waived by the Knicks.

angrypuppy wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Quote:

Phil couldn't get through to Lamar. This is very bad news as Lamar strikes me as someone who could very well return to the projects as a broken man in a few years. He simply cannot take care of himself.

I'm really worried about Lamar now. I'm sure the media will soon uncover what "unable to uphold the standards to return" means, but I'm assuming it's drugs again.
Clutch44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: Lamar Odom waived by the Knicks.

numero-ocho wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Quote:

I'm really worried about Lamar now. I'm sure the media will soon uncover what "unable to uphold the standards to return" means, but I'm assuming it's drugs again.

According to a NY Post column it appears that Lamar wasn't showing up for training. Here's the excerpt:

Lamar Odom’s comeback never materialized, and the Knicks waived the former Laker on Friday. The Post reported Friday afternoon Odom hadn’t been at the Tarrytown, N.Y., training facility working out as planned, nor was he training with the summer-league team as the Knicks had hoped, putting his future in doubt.
Qsmiff
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Time to pull LO into the panel van and start the de-programming
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Don't get any silly ideas guys.

Wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot crack pipe.

Get some help Lamar!

Get well.

Bye.
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:48 am    Post subject:

Lawd, this man has been through so much in his lifetime. I pray for him, this Khole breakup did a number on him. But, you are a man, STAND UP. Feeling sorry for yourself and continuously (bleep) up your life is not the way to go. You got kids looking up to you and all that. Phil was the last person i thought would get thorough him. I pray I never have to read about him being worst than he already is.

God Speed Lamar!!!
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:19 am    Post subject:

Where is Lamar right now? Haven't heard anything about him since he left Spain months ago. You'd think some media outlet like TMZ would still be stalking him and rooting through his trash cans.

Hope he's OK and putting his life back together, but a guy with (presumably) a lot of money, a career in ruins, hooking up with the wrong people, and a history for going on drug binges just doesn't bode well.
EddieJonesss
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject:

LakersMDGurl wrote:
Lawd, this man has been through so much in his lifetime. I pray for him, this Khole breakup did a number on him. But, you are a man, STAND UP. Feeling sorry for yourself and continuously (bleep) up your life is not the way to go. You got kids looking up to you and all that. Phil was the last person i thought would get thorough him. I pray I never have to read about him being worst than he already is.

God Speed Lamar!!!

The Khloe breakup might have done a number on him, but IIRC, Lamar was on the pipe well before there were any issues with the relationship.

Hopefully we don't see a picture of him three years later looking like Steve Francis.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject:

I Love you Lamar
Please heal yourself Brother please

Is there anyway us commoners can reach out to him

He has had some very rough times in his life. Losing his Mother at a early age and then losing a newborn child

Find happiness please

http://www.dhamma.org/
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject:

EddieJonesss wrote:
LakersMDGurl wrote:

God Speed Lamar!!!

The Khloe breakup might have done a number on him, but IIRC, Lamar was on the pipe well before there were any issues with the relationship.

Hopefully we don't see a picture of him three years later looking like Steve Francis.

From what was reported, LO's drug problems along with his cheating is what lead to the break up. At least that's Khloe's side of it.

At least LO is not going to get drained of his earnings due to their prenup, which RadarOnline reports is "ironclad". Khloe will get about $2million ($500K for each year of marriage) and their house. She can sue for spousal support but only for 2 years.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject:

it was clear to me Odom was always a lazy pot/air head. Cant believe some actually thought he was some brilliant all star being limited by the Laker's schemes
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
EddieJonesss wrote:
LakersMDGurl wrote:

God Speed Lamar!!!

From what was reported, LO's drug problems along with his cheating is what lead to the break up. At least that's Khloe's side of it.

At least LO is not going to get drained of his earnings due to their prenup, which RadarOnline reports is "ironclad". Khloe will get about $2million ($500K for each year of marriage) and their house. She can sue for spousal support but only for 2 years.

Lamar will probably be broke in a few years anyway.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject:

Nothing good comes from being associated with the Kardashians.

Props to Kris Humphries for jumping ship early on!
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Kris didn't jump ship. He got dumped. And then he dragged out the divorce for almost 2 years. As for LO, his addiction problems and history pre-date the Kardashians. And the truth is, he wanted into that family. He wanted to live that reality show lifestyle. Nobody made LO suck the glass weenie. If anything Khloe tried to help him by getting toxic people like his cokehead bff Jamie out of his life. Lamar has always been surrounded by questionable people, but at the end of the day he made choices and gave in to the addition. That's on him.
The Shadow King
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:48 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
it was clear to me Odom was always a lazy pot/air head. Cant believe some actually thought he was some brilliant all star being limited by the Laker's schemes

You know... I don't know anything about his limitations. I know that we wouldn't have won those last two championships without him; especially, the one in 2009. That's all I care about. I'm just grateful for winning.
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:57 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Kris didn't jump ship. He got dumped. And then he dragged out the divorce for almost 2 years. As for LO, his addiction problems and history pre-date the Kardashians. And the truth is, he wanted into that family. He wanted to live that reality show lifestyle. Nobody made LO suck the glass weenie. If anything Khloe tried to help him by getting toxic people like his cokehead bff Jamie out of his life. Lamar has always been surrounded by questionable people, but at the end of the day he made choices and gave in to the addition. That's on him.

Exactly, people are always blaming Khole. I believe she was one of the best things in Lamar's life. Granted her family is crazy as hell, but she loved Lamar. Her leaving him just basically broke what little sanity he had left. And now she is with that French Montana dude, and he is rubbing it all over the place, Lamar can't get away from that (bleep). I feel for him, he is a grown man who needs to ask for help before its too late.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject:

LakersMDGurl wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Exactly, people are always blaming Khole. I believe she was one of the best things in Lamar's life. Granted her family is crazy as hell, but she loved Lamar. Her leaving him just basically broke what little sanity he had left. And now she is with that French Montana dude, and he is rubbing it all over the place, Lamar can't get away from that (bleep). I feel for him, he is a grown man who needs to ask for help before its too late.

LO was doing fine before he met Khloe. Once he married into that reality show lifestyle is when the paparazzi starting following him everywhere. I dunno about you but when you have people following you 24/7 it causes people to lose their sanity.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
LakersMDGurl wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

LO was doing fine before he met Khloe. Once he married into that reality show lifestyle is when the paparazzi starting following him everywhere. I dunno about you but when you have people following you 24/7 it causes people to lose their sanity.

THANK YOU!
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Black Salt
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:06 am    Post subject:

This man lost his mother and a son in tragic circumstances. He married into a circus but the IRONING in this all is LO was having his best seasons when he was married to THAT. It wasnt until Basketball Reasons when he started acting up.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: